Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Ambode Finally Reinstates PSP Operators - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Finally Reinstates PSP Operators (20479 Views)

Lagos State Government Restores Door-to-door Waste Evacuation By PSP Operators / PSP Operators Collect Waste For Free For Sanwo-olu. / Apo Six: Nigeria Police Reinstates Officer Who Killed Igbo Traders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Finally Reinstates PSP Operators by dododawa1: 1:06pm On Apr 05, 2018
What does a PUPPERT know, ask FASHOLA

1 Like

Re: Ambode Finally Reinstates PSP Operators by Coolcash1: 1:10pm On Apr 05, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I am confused,
Is Ambode confused or am I confused?

He actually is....Just like Buhari and Emefiele... grin
Re: Ambode Finally Reinstates PSP Operators by seguno2: 1:10pm On Apr 05, 2018
three:
So Lagosians will pay twice? cry

Visionscape already collects N713 million a month to clean Lagos!

I will now pay PSP and pay Utility charge incorporated into the Land Use Charge?

https://www.nairaland.com/4424287/visionscape-collects-n713m-month-clean

Is it only twice?
Lagosians will pay three times sef.
What am I even saying? Lagosians will pay four, five, seven, 10 +++ times and be hailing Ambode for building “world class” bus stops for them while the state has no good roads, no tap water, no electricity, no good public school, no good hospital yet they have a budget of almost N1 trillion.
Walahi, Lagosians are too dense. The pity of it is that they are forming fake smart asses. grin
Re: Ambode Finally Reinstates PSP Operators by kokan: 1:25pm On Apr 05, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I am confused,

PUBLIC SHOULD NOT PAY TO THEM
Re: Ambode Finally Reinstates PSP Operators by desmond2pk: 1:29pm On Apr 05, 2018
Viscape wanted to chop alone. When you see such a private business being forwarded by the government, it's either it belonged to the governor, his girlfriend, or his relatives.
Re: Ambode Finally Reinstates PSP Operators by kokan: 1:29pm On Apr 05, 2018
seguno2:

Is it only twice?
What am I even saying? Lagosians will pay four, five, seven, 10 +++ times and be hailing Ambode for building “world class” bus stops for them while the state has no good roads, no tap water, no electricity, no good public school, no good hospital yet they have a budget of almost N1 trillion.
Walahi, Lagosians are too dense. The pity of it is that they are forming fake smart asses. grin

You don't know what you are saying. Go and check other state whalai you know that you are lucky with Ambode. Stop spreading wrong information, People are not meant to pay to PSP again if truly you are literate and you understand the write up
Re: Ambode Finally Reinstates PSP Operators by LZAA: 1:43pm On Apr 05, 2018
Emmalez:

Following the completion of a meeting involving all the Executive Chairmen and Chairpersons of the 57 Local Government (LGs) and Local Council Development Areas (LCDAs) in Lagos State, the operators of the Private Sector Participation (PSP) have been reinstated to commence waste collection on Lagos streets, REPORTNAIJA reliably gathered.

This is following months of settling the dispute between the operators of PSP, the government and the managers of newly implemented Visionscape/Cleaner Lagos Initiative.

In the meeting held at the Ministry of the Environment, Ikeja, Lagos Mainland, and chaired by the Special Adviser to the Governor on Environment, Mr David Hunpe, under the directives of Governor Akinwunmi Ambode, all PSP operators on the Lagos Mainland and across the State were reinstated and urged to immediately return to their various coverage areas of operation.

Meanwhile, there were certain conditions attached to the reinstatement and proposed return of PSP operators to their previous coverage areas.

REPORTNAIJA learnt that the conditions include the PSP operators taking care of domestic waste with zero cost to the members of public. This includes waste from living premises, institutions such as schools, hospitals excluding medical waste while the major roads will be handled by Visionscape group.

In addition, PSP operators will be solely in charge of commercial waste collection with service charges paid by consumers to PSP operators.

Also, Visionscape/CLI are to pay PSP operators for refuse collected from domestic premises to dump site after 15 days with one-year contract agreement and to be reviewed after a year onward.

Furthermore, all printing press locations across Somolu and other parts of the State have been identified as commercial premises and as such, must pay adequate charges to PSP operators directly.

Moreso, the Environmental Services Department across LGs/LCDAs have been instructed to monitor the activities of these waste collectors and report to the Ministry on a weekly basis. The LG administrators are also urged to meet regularly with the waste collectors in order to know their needs or challenges in their operations.

SOURCE
https://www.reportnaija.ng/2018/04/05/ambode-finally-reinstates-psp-operators/

cc lalasticlala
heemotep,zombiehunter,NwaAmaikpe,onyeoga and other heeboes wee not like this
heeboes are jealous of our ragos kikikiki grin
sai caliphate
Re: Ambode Finally Reinstates PSP Operators by seguno2: 1:45pm On Apr 05, 2018
kokan:
You don't know what you are saying. Go and check other state whalai you know that you are lucky with Ambode. Stop spreading wrong information, People are not meant to pay to PSP again if truly you are literate and you understand the write up

Please let me know why I should check other states and not check other Lagos state governors like Jakande, Mobolaji Johnson and even Awolowo when most of the state was part of the old western region?
Please let me know why I should not check other states in the USA? Abi no be there Tinubu talk sey im go school

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Finally Reinstates PSP Operators by seguno2: 1:52pm On Apr 05, 2018
unknownsolja:
in some countries you dont pay for getting rid of thrash..what will lagos ever do for the people and what will nigeria ever do for the people..nigeria is like a business empire..all they do is milk the poor to get rich,..kindly mention something this country nigeria have ever done for you as a citizen..me ZERO

Don’t let them catch you oh.
They will soon tell you that we should be grateful that Ambode is even lifting one of his fat fingers to do anything although he is paid to use all his fingers and entire body as a public servant shocked
They will tell you to compare with other useless Nigerian governors. We are in a shittyhole competition grin

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Finally Reinstates PSP Operators by KENZINCO(m): 1:53pm On Apr 05, 2018
Sometimes when people just jump into any topic and open their mouth even when they know noting about it, I just dey wonder.

Vissionscape/Cleaner Lagos Initiative is the best thing that could happen to waste Management in a state like Lagos EXCEPT for the Contract value which I see might be engraved in massive fraudulent practice . But for the Dirt we've been seeing around for the past months, it is very clear and I can boldly confirm that it is the work of some saboteur who I think are from the PSP. They have been doing all they can to prove a point buy depositing dirts in every available places. This VissionScape guys will clear a huge refuse today at a spot and early the next morning you'll get there and see a huge refuse sometimes even more than the ones that was cleared the day before. But some lagosians will get there, take pictures, post on social media and start spreading but they won't reason to ask question as to why it has suddenly become like that.
Re: Ambode Finally Reinstates PSP Operators by IForgotMyLoginD(f): 2:05pm On Apr 05, 2018
I don’t think anybody is “paying twice”
Emmalez:

Meanwhile, there were certain conditions attached to the reinstatement and proposed return of PSP operators to their previous coverage areas.

REPORTNAIJA learnt that the conditions include the PSP operators taking care of domestic waste with zero cost to the members of public. This includes waste from living premises, institutions such as schools, hospitals excluding medical waste while the major roads will be handled by Visionscape group.

In addition, PSP operators will be solely in charge of commercial waste collection with service charges paid by consumers to PSP operators.

Also, Visionscape/CLI are to pay PSP operators for refuse collected from domestic premises to dump site after 15 days with one-year contract agreement and to be reviewed after a year onward.

cc lalasticlala
Re: Ambode Finally Reinstates PSP Operators by ApostleLucifer: 2:06pm On Apr 05, 2018
Emmalez:

cc lalasticlala

In their haste to comment for likes, I don't think anyone on this thread saw this part.

Typical Nigerian 'youths'.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Finally Reinstates PSP Operators by ApostleLucifer: 2:07pm On Apr 05, 2018
IForgotMyLoginD:

Thank you.

You saw it too.

Let those ones wallow in their ignorance.

People can't/don't read, they just comment.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Finally Reinstates PSP Operators by seguno2: 2:08pm On Apr 05, 2018
KENZINCO:
Sometimes when people just jump into any topic and open their mouth even when they know noting about it, I just dey wonder.

Vissionscape/Cleaner Lagos Initiative is the best thing that could happen to waste Management in a state like Lagos EXCEPT for the Contract value which I see might be engraved in massive fraudulent practice . But for the Dirt we've been seeing around for the past months, it is very clear and I can boldly confirm that it is the work of some saboteur who I think are from the PSP. They have been doing all they can to prove a point buy depositing dirts in every available places. This VissionScape guys will clear a huge refuse today at a spot and early the next morning you'll get there and see a huge refuse sometimes even more than the ones that was cleared the day before. But some lagosians will get there, take pictures, post on social media and start spreading but they won't reason to ask question as to why it has suddenly become like that.

Please how can “massive fraud” be the same as the “best thing”?
Ayam not understanding.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Finally Reinstates PSP Operators by three: 2:22pm On Apr 05, 2018
IForgotMyLoginD:

You know this because you read the article or because you live in Lagos and are not currently paying a PSP to dispose your refuse?

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Finally Reinstates PSP Operators by three: 2:22pm On Apr 05, 2018
seguno2:

Please how can “massive fraud” be the same as the “best thing”?
Ayam not understanding.

Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Finally Reinstates PSP Operators by bedspread: 2:23pm On Apr 05, 2018
AMBODE CARRRRRRRRY GOOOOOOO
2019 STRAIGHTTTTTTTTTTT....
Anybody blocking u, Heaven BLOCK THAT PERSON......
THIS IS WHAT WE TALKING ABOUT....
Ambo 2015- 2023
Re: Ambode Finally Reinstates PSP Operators by bedspread: 2:28pm On Apr 05, 2018
Jabioro:
Good move.,do not get confused,psp are to receive their payment directly from government on domestic refuse while the commercial refuse would bear their own bill directly with psp operators,Visionscape will responsible roads and street cleaning,while all the refuse generatf frm street that the Viscape could not clear within 7 days and psp to clear it the bill have to borne by Viscape.
U CONFUSING THE CONFUSION
Re: Ambode Finally Reinstates PSP Operators by Jabioro: 2:40pm On Apr 05, 2018
bedspread:
U CONFUSING THE CONFUSION
My typo confused it when less bussy l will modified.
Re: Ambode Finally Reinstates PSP Operators by deomelo: 2:43pm On Apr 05, 2018
Meaninglessness half measure.

Reinstate LAWMA ASAP.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Finally Reinstates PSP Operators by NoToPile: 3:09pm On Apr 05, 2018
Nairalanders don't read sha. A lot of posters posting stuff that are contrary to this short article.
Re: Ambode Finally Reinstates PSP Operators by SarkinYarki: 3:18pm On Apr 05, 2018
So what exactly will the failed vision scape be doing and how much will it cost now that their scope of work has been greatly reduced
Re: Ambode Finally Reinstates PSP Operators by samsobo24(m): 3:20pm On Apr 05, 2018
seguno2:

Is it only twice?
Take it easy, no insult

Lagos health care system is World class,health centres scattered across the state with world class sophisticated facilities, go to LAsUTH and the general hospitals in Lagos and see for yourself.
Secondly,which state in Nigeria has confidently embarked on a power project like generating 3,000mw.
Talk of road,maybe you mean road maintenance, the governor commissioned 21 roads in Alimosho, the biggest LG in Nigeria.I live in this part of Lagos and I know how inhabitable and deterroriating the roads were.Infact,they weren't worthy to be called roads
The governor keeps opening up inner roads as part of his effort, said earlier to create road connectivity in the state

No good schools and yet a secondary school in Lagos has well equipped labs,ICT room,Standard library etc.Did you not here the Governor dedicating more of the states budget to Health care and Education.
You call a bus terminal bus stop,I laugh at you.

I will try to show you some pics of ikola,amikanle before and after

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Finally Reinstates PSP Operators by richiepolymer(m): 3:22pm On Apr 05, 2018
After they've have carefully laundered money through VisionScape. Why on earth did he stop PSP operators in the first place? It took several heap of refuse on all streets and major roads to expose their inefficiency and lack of intelligence on waste management.
Re: Ambode Finally Reinstates PSP Operators by Olatara(f): 3:23pm On Apr 05, 2018
KENZINCO:

Visionscape no reach my side o, nah aboki I dey patronize since.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Finally Reinstates PSP Operators by samsobo24(m): 3:35pm On Apr 05, 2018
Everybody is just giving their own opinion with some that are even oblivious about governance in Lagos
Re: Ambode Finally Reinstates PSP Operators by seguno2: 3:58pm On Apr 05, 2018
samsobo24:
Take it easy, no insult

Lagos health care system is World class

Yes, I agree with you. No need to argue.
Is that why Buhari, Tinubu and co are going to London for treatment instead of using the world class Lagos health care system?
Eniyan o tan ara re bi iya ibeji, ti won bere wipe Taiye nko, ti o so wipe o lo ra aso.
Enjoy your self-deception, bro.

5 Likes

Re: Ambode Finally Reinstates PSP Operators by Sharmeenator(m): 4:58pm On Apr 05, 2018
KENZINCO:

Shey my dirty wey dem neva carry for over a month now, na PSP people put am. You guys and stupid propaganda.
The fact is that Visionscape can't do it alone. You can't monopolize waste collection especially in a city like Lagos. You got to have many private companies on board working hand in hand for effective service delivery.
There's a working template on ground before. You don't just scrap a working template and start all over because you are trying to undo what your predecessor has done. What was expected from Ambode was to improve upon what Fashola did in that sector just as Fashola improved upon Tinubu's waste collection ideas.
This is a welcome idea, let's hope he won't mess it up again

1 Like

Re: Ambode Finally Reinstates PSP Operators by chinedu234(m): 5:31pm On Apr 05, 2018
Operation chase the bald heads out of power must commence. No cosmetics needed. The scam is still very much alive. Lagosians shine your eyes.
Re: Ambode Finally Reinstates PSP Operators by iguita: 6:13pm On Apr 05, 2018
Your confusion can be forgiven. I am too... Everybody is. But the gov's confusion is unacceptable
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I am confused,
Re: Ambode Finally Reinstates PSP Operators by samsobo24(m): 7:10pm On Apr 05, 2018
seguno2:

Yes, I agree with you. No need to argue.
Is that why Buhari, Tinubu and co are going to London for treatment instead of using the world class Lagos health care system?
Eniyan o tan ara re bi iya ibeji, ti won bere wipe Taiye nko, ti o so wipe o lo ra aso.
Enjoy your self-deception, bro.
I don't want to know if there is anything fishy going on,I am stating what is obvious.
About tinubu,yes he is very corrupt and he is the Grand father of corruption in Lagos.
What I am saying in essence is that let's speak about our country in a good manner especially Lagos that is making heads.No government can be perfect in any where in the world.This state has so many good things happening to it than the Negative things.
Re: Ambode Finally Reinstates PSP Operators by amodu(m): 9:07pm On Apr 05, 2018
somehow:
Meaning domestic waste is free?
This is the point I am fascinated with and want it to be reiterated.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request / Second Niger Bridge To Be Completed In 2022, As FG Releases N33bn For Project / NASS Leadership Contest: Deviants Will Pay For Their Sins -oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.