Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,977 members, 7,806,854 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle (19091 Views)

On This Day In 1972; Beetle Became The World Best-selling Car / Help Me Build Solar Panel & Invecter / Inverter And Solar Panel Solution To Nigeria Electricity Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by Acidosis(m): 8:45am On May 15, 2010
I won't appreciate his effort until that car is made an official car for mr. president and all the governors of the 36 states.
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by pussyboy: 8:47am On May 15, 2010
Tight job. We r goin there.
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by jokingmary(m): 8:48am On May 15, 2010
ajadudu:

If you were around in the early 80's you will know that VW actually manufactured the beetle in that shape. EXACTLY
This dude just found a junked beetle model like that and beat it back to life. Meh!
Zero creativity, 100% copy copy. Next,

did you remeber to go the psychaitric hospital for medical check up this morning
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by jokingmary(m): 8:51am On May 15, 2010
ajadudu:

If you were around in the early 80's you will know that VW actually manufactured the beetle in that shape. EXACTLY
This dude just found a junked beetle model like that and beat it back to life. Meh!

i was also around in the 80s and never saw any beetle like that
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by jokingmary(m): 8:55am On May 15, 2010
ajadudu:

Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by jokingmary(m): 8:56am On May 15, 2010
ajadudu:

Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by BluMalam(m): 9:58am On May 15, 2010
ajadudu:

The beetle you wanted your father to have, does it look like the one in your link or the Naijeneered one, cuz they do NOT look alike.

Check am na,

4-door deluxe edition

Flip Down Multi-Purpose Platform for your Comfort, Official and Culinary Needs

Motorized Ventilation System

Tuned-Up Engine

15" Chrome Wheels with Reverse Spinners on request
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by akwaowoudo(m): 10:29am On May 15, 2010
It's a nice break-through. Highly commendable,
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by Nobody: 10:59am On May 15, 2010
love-vendor my ride comes to naija cheesy cheesy

don't worry bro modibbo's gonna love-vendor yr ride cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by LAELIST: 11:10am On May 15, 2010
Interior image please
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by deribigbe(m): 11:14am On May 15, 2010
these guy really did a wonderfulous JOB e no easy to get sense , to the BAD BELLE IN D HOUSE TRY DO UR OWN MAKE WE C shocked!
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by Akosbaba(m): 11:27am On May 15, 2010
Inspirational
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by eros(m): 11:54am On May 15, 2010
Nice. Very nice
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by madlady(f): 12:00pm On May 15, 2010
The work of an artist shocked shocked

Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by Rmc1(m): 12:19pm On May 15, 2010
wow looks good, if the guy could p.imp this ride with the little resource he had i wonder what he will do if he were to have more money and material,  maximum respect !!!!

And to the bad belle people , inferiority complex no go kill una ooohhh !! LEARN TO APPRECIATE YOUR FELLOW TALENTED NIGERIANS OK??  cool if that ride were to be p.ipmped in yankee or england by a white man covered with taatoos and ugly piercings from head to toe u will be tripping    tongue
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by namski(m): 12:29pm On May 15, 2010
Excellent job. Will buy one of these.
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by Orajimeto: 12:54pm On May 15, 2010
The man did a great job. even if some think he copied, it was a nice copy, so let's give it to him, wish I can copy Bill Gates.
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by Princek12(m): 1:15pm On May 15, 2010
this guy too much oooo
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by erico2k2(m): 1:27pm On May 15, 2010
jokingmary:

This ajadudu guy is a nut case, why cant we for once appreciate our own, has anyone bothered to read his post from his so called link? it says there the Old 66 Beatle was modified to the old Rolly,so the 66 beatle is same shape as the one we got in the 80s ok!,just cos U cant change a flat tyre dont make you a Judge over others.
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by samo(m): 2:02pm On May 15, 2010
The guy is really creative and should be appreciated. Guys saying he copied should take a look at the back of the beetle properly and notice an extension. Its not an exact replica and people should acknowledge his creativity. Good work jare
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by exago(m): 2:18pm On May 15, 2010
good. . . even the paint job looks cool
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by Elgaxton(m): 2:26pm On May 15, 2010
U got to be kidding me, is that car in naija? Kudos
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by Meglene: 2:51pm On May 15, 2010
Lets learn 2 encourage peoples efort,no mater how little they may seem.even if its a duplicate,its worth comendation.it gingers people to do more.ore,more power to yr elbow
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by tabolaji: 3:01pm On May 15, 2010
Hello All,
I dont think the likes of ajadudu's comment should be debated because it doesnt have an iota of objectivity. even its ID alone is enough to ignore whatever comes out of such person. - ajadudu(black dog)

i wonder if he understand the subject - REDESIGN not CREATE. so what the hell are you talking about here, GUSH, your likes should be barned from this noble group!!!!!

WELDONE Modibbo, more greeses to your elbow, BRAVO!!!!!!!!
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by ajadudu: 3:33pm On May 15, 2010
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king. What else can I say:

"It is 100 per cent safe. I can even remove my hands from the steering when driving for some minutes to show its stability"
"there is a table affixed to the back seats for the comfort of passengers at the back, which they can use for eating or relaxing the legs."

IIHS will give this car 5 star for sure on safety
grin
@
texazzpete. Which part of my post did I say the link shows a beetle manufactured by VW? Read my post properly before you jump and start spilling insults. "Anyway, here is a link of an older one from the 60's (note the tail light), probably the model the naija VW company copied in the 80's"

As the writer of the article noted, it's a caricature. Good panel beater? Most definitely good for him clap clap. But he sure is not a Guido da Vigevano to "inspire mechanical engineers in Nigeria" as someone on here mentioned.
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by CFAD: 3:38pm On May 15, 2010
My fellow Nigerian,
This guy has done something,
What we have to do now is to appreciate what he has done to boost is morale and not to kill his morale by condemning what he has done.
Please stop criticizing him and let’s encourage his good work.
He has tried for him to get to this level, panel beater for that matter.
Nigerian Engineers, please wake-up and improve on this.
In addition, our politician should come out and sponsor people like for one Nigeria.
One day one day, Nigeria will get there.
Thanks House.
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by TEEZERO(m): 3:42pm On May 15, 2010
@ Acidosis: I support your motion.
Great people, these Nigerians.
Just needing the boost. And, oil will be so down in the contention for our exports
A Sokoto boy, Jema Aliyu, is the chief of design at GM Motors.
TO
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by TEEZERO(m): 3:43pm On May 15, 2010
@ Acidosis: I support your motion.
Great people, these Nigerians.
Just needing the boost. And, oil will be so down in the contention for our exports
A Sokoto boy, Jema Aliyu, is the chief of design at GM Motors.
TO
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by davidif: 3:58pm On May 15, 2010
incredible.
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by gidson12(m): 4:11pm On May 15, 2010
this guy is good!
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by TEEZERO(m): 4:12pm On May 15, 2010
What this tells us again is that there are talents in every part of Nigeria, North, South, East and West. They just need to be found and harnessed. That is where our media have a lot of work to do. A young man in Imo State recently won a Rolex award. And, to hink that he had been doing great exploits for long. We shouldn't wait until outsiders discover our good talents.
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by mendax: 4:13pm On May 15, 2010
step in the right direction

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot / Photo Of Giant Snake (55ft): Biggest Snake In The World / Algae Converted To Crude Oil In Under An Hour-see Picture And Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.