Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,484 members, 7,781,453 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:38 PM

42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle (19073 Views)

On This Day In 1972; Beetle Became The World Best-selling Car / Help Me Build Solar Panel & Invecter / Inverter And Solar Panel Solution To Nigeria Electricity Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by Nobody: 6:51am On May 19, 2010
At least the South African guy started from scratch.

Any more information on the car, links?
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by Nymphnode(m): 10:51am On May 19, 2010
[color=#990000][/color]

Now this is creativity at its finest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by namdo(m): 2:02pm On May 19, 2010
yesoooo. automation of production would make more sense and we can buy it if it comes new engine/parts instead of buying all these tokumbos.
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by doe: 9:01pm On May 19, 2010
Siena:

At least the South African guy started from scratch.

Any more information on the car, links?

http://www.wheels24.co.za/News/General_News/Limpopos-own-Henry-Ford-20091111

or his face book page

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/group.php?gid=56462859841&ref=search&sid=827734708.360616182, 1
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by Nobody: 7:08am On May 20, 2010
namdo:

yesoooo. automation of production would make more sense and we can buy it if it comes new engine/parts instead of buying all these tokumbos.

We have a long way to go, before we can replace our usual sources of buying cars with 100% Nigerian built models.

It won't happen even in the lifetime of our grand children.
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by makajibbz(m): 6:30am On May 21, 2010
9ice, but d plate numba jus spoil everything, cheesy
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by folahann(m): 11:45am On May 25, 2010
I think this guy shud start his own 'love-vendor my ride' show
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by coschuks(m): 12:21pm On May 27, 2010
how can i change to different channels from 2 televisions respectively which are connected to one decoder instead of changing channels from the decoder itself?
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by henryskywalker2003(m): 2:02pm On Jun 27, 2010
For those bad belle ppl wey dey diss the guy, this is what I have to say to you.
1. Did you even read the post at all? Cos if you did, you would have noticed that the guy said he took the base design from VW meaning that most of the elements of the car is from a VW and he said specifically the bug.
2. The car you guys were comparing to his car is not a bug rather a rolls royce. B4 you argue this, let me say that for a time VW bought Rolls (at least the automobile division not the airplane division and yes Rolls make engines for planes), don't know the current owners of Rolls right now.
3. Given the fact that the guy already told you he redesigned the bug, why are you so after him instead of giving him credit. I remember on ESPN, there used to be a program where ppl redesign cars from scrap and love-vendor it out and enter it in a competition. I remember seeing a redesigned ferarri that had the body of a benz and a bmw. Now thats creativity over there and this panel-beater does exactly the same thing and you all are shooting off your mouths like you could even solder two things together let alone build something out of scrap. Had it been a foreigner on a foreign tv, you would be praising the guy to high heaven.
Please learn to appreciate the little things you see around you because big things ALWAYS start small.
Eg the owners of HP started in a garage, are they still there now?

1 Like

Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by henryskywalker2003(m): 3:05pm On Jun 27, 2010
The guy did a wonderful job for a mere panel beater. He should be encouraged. For those bad belle ppl wey dey diss the guy, this is what I have to say to you.
1. Did you even read the post at all? Cos if you did, you would have noticed that the guy said he took the base design from VW meaning that most of the elements of the car is from a VW and he said specifically the bug.
2. The car you guys were comparing to his car is not a bug rather a rolls royce (the rolls insignia is in front). A two door at that but the guy modified his to become a four door. B4 you argue this, let me say that for a time VW bought Rolls (at least the automobile division not the airplane division and yes Rolls make engines for planes), don't know the current owners of Rolls right now.
3. Given the fact that the guy already told you he redesigned the bug, why are you so after him instead of giving him credit. I remember on ESPN, there used to be a program where ppl redesign cars from scrap and love-vendor it out and enter it in a competition. I remember seeing a redesigned ferarri that had the body of a benz and a bmw. Now thats creativity over there and this panel-beater does exactly the same thing and you all are shooting off your mouths like you could even solder two things together let alone build something out of scrap. Had it been a foreigner on a foreign tv, you would be praising the guy to high heaven.
Please learn to appreciate the little things you see around you because big things ALWAYS start small.
Eg the owners of HP started in a garage, are they still there now? @ajadudu and cne010 take a good look at the two cars before you start talkin rubbish. The guy even had to change the engine, modify the gear, pedals and brakes due to the new length and weight of the car. He didn't just FIX a car, he MODIFIED it. Am sure that your brains can tell the difference between those two words unless you really have a collective IQ of 2?
@flyuche, I'd like to see you design something that is in line with your course of study or work. If you're an IT guy, can you please design and produce from scratch a supercomputer that is better than the current fastest without using any technology that is available now. Since you say that the car henry ford made was better than this.
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by cystein(m): 9:17pm On Jul 05, 2010
Thats a good try in Naija but in Kenya we even turn toyota starlet to limo's. The guys finishing and work is perfect for a grounded junkie!
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by chemberlin(m): 12:35pm On Aug 30, 2010
Man that a good job, how i wish everyone in Nigeria can appreciate your good work and help you with fund in other to create more ,but for my own brand is EOD(HONDA) but will like you to crest my name to it (CHEMBERLIN), BUT mind you no ask for too much money cos it is locally made,
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by technocast: 6:46pm On Oct 27, 2010
If you were around in the early 80's you will know that VW actually manufactured the beetle in that shape. EXACTLY
This dude just found a junked beetle model like that and beat it back to life. Meh!
Zero creativity, 100% copy copy. Next,

>>>>> dudes thats beefing this guy, shld go have their heads examined, i watched a college school girl who made a blood tester from kitchen utensils that used no power, the hype was so much even though everyone knew no medical institution would use it, but mehn she was appreciated, it will spur her on to try new things, the comparisons dont even match and the new model by naija has a higher bonnet, and a very different fender, then did u miss the four doors and longer body, lets appreciate the little things,
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by dewaledipo: 5:19pm On Nov 18, 2010
The good sense of creativity has always been the thing that eludes our thinking. Why is it that we do not tend to appreciate what a fellow Nigerian did. Nobody appreciated the yam pounder made by a professor in Ife not until he sold the technology to the Chinese and the Chinese started to sell it back to us at an exorbitant price. Until we start to appreciate all what we locally create, we can never be where the super powers of this world are.

My guy, you have done well, keep it up.
Re: 42-year Old Panel Beater Redesigns Vw Beetle by netesy(m): 12:14am On Jan 07, 2011
D said car is now parked under D sun 4 the past 3 month i happened 2 pass tru zaki biam an saw the car it is lollking dead now though but sha the owner try e no easy cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Old Bet9ja Mobile App Official Apk Free Download / Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot / Photo Of Giant Snake (55ft): Biggest Snake In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.