Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,821 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi (37505 Views)

Why We Increased Hate Speech Fine To N5 Million ― Lai Mohammed / APC will handover power to the poor – Amaechi / We Increased Northern Slots In SSS Because Of Federal Character- Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by Smooyis(m): 8:17pm On Apr 05, 2018
Haba. Nothing wey person no go hear for this government. grin
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by wakeupafricanyo: 8:17pm On Apr 05, 2018
You can't reinforce failure

DANKWAMBO is the answer
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by osuofia2(m): 8:17pm On Apr 05, 2018
I am with ameachi on this
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by awa(m): 8:17pm On Apr 05, 2018
Amechi is seriously proving to all how stupid he has become.
What is really wrong with most leaders in Naija

1 Like

Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by maxjax(m): 8:17pm On Apr 05, 2018
it is finished! smh

1 Like

Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by RZArecta2(m): 8:18pm On Apr 05, 2018
Amaechi nah confirmed mad man
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by Wizkhalifa2(m): 8:18pm On Apr 05, 2018
This dsnt make any sense
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by ULSHERLAN(m): 8:18pm On Apr 05, 2018
This govt has gone mad
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by popsyleo1: 8:19pm On Apr 05, 2018
To increase it to the detriment of the poor. You are confused

1 Like

Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by Danelo(m): 8:19pm On Apr 05, 2018
The Amaechi I know has sence but this one is close to a lunatic.

Crazy leaders we've got in Zoogeria
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by CocoaOla: 8:20pm On Apr 05, 2018
But you use the poor taxes to build it making the poor poorer this Country truly a shithole country thieves
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by ProYouAdminsUK: 8:21pm On Apr 05, 2018
He needs to think before he speaks , if rich use more than poor, he should be reducing the fair and increase fair for 1st class coaches
bjayx:
The rich men chase away the poor men
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by Ewamide(m): 8:21pm On Apr 05, 2018
Is Nigeria really a country ?
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 05, 2018
Amaechi is very stupid ooh
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by middlebelter(m): 8:23pm On Apr 05, 2018
Mr Amaechi, please link Lagos - Ekiti - Kogi - Abuja by Railways. Don't allow all the good things in Nigeria ellud those of us from that axis because of our location.
I believe the tarrif increase is a joke from you the Hon Minister. Biko remember us.
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by Kenkuss(m): 8:24pm On Apr 05, 2018
Fool
Before who will use it?
Are u not using it?
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by Dfinex(f): 8:25pm On Apr 05, 2018
I don't get it. So now that u have increased it, the poor men should start trekking? Excuse me Mr Minister but this is senseless.
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by Nobody: 8:26pm On Apr 05, 2018
This man is high in cordine.
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by greatermax77(m): 8:26pm On Apr 05, 2018
This Amechi is a clown, he talks anyhow
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 8:27pm On Apr 05, 2018
[color=#990000][/color]

SAD
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by rickyrex(m): 8:27pm On Apr 05, 2018
maggot brain. so nah the rich vote for apc

1 Like

Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by diamond88: 8:27pm On Apr 05, 2018
Dfinex:
I don't get it. So now that u have increased it, the poor men should start trekking? Excuse me Mr Minister but this is senseless.

Lol I was wondering the same thing
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by seankay(m): 8:28pm On Apr 05, 2018
Wait! A Minister in a country actually made this statement? If this is the best the country can come up with, put the country on OLX please!

2 Likes

Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by CocoaOla: 8:30pm On Apr 05, 2018
this is what I call spiritual genocide calling your own citizens poor the same people that voted you pay taxes so that you can eat
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 05, 2018
Reportmusic:

Rotimi Amaechi, minister for transportation, says the train fares between Kaduna and Abuja was increased because majority of those using the service are rich.

Speaking on Thursday at the 3rd edition of the Kaduna Investment Summit, Amaechi said the intention of the president towards the railway was to transport poor people.

“Some of you have been asking why we increased the fare between Kaduna and Abuja,” he said during his address at the summit.

“For each locomotive, we spend N56 million, when we were charging you N600, we were getting N16 million so all you rich men, we were dashing you N40 million per month. Actually, very few poor men use those trains. The actual intent of the president is to allow us to move poor people from Kaduna to Abuja. If you go to Rigasa, you will see the big men pack their cars and use the railway and chase away the poor people.

“So since it’s big men that use the railway, we jerked up the prices. You know what it’s called — appropriate pricing. So we price according to your pocket but it does not affect our subsidy, we still subsidise the railway.”

The minister encouraged people to continue making government accountable saying he is the first to know when locomotives are faulty.

“The funny thing about the social media is that anytime there is a problem with the railway, the first person to know is me,” he said.

“I see all sorts of videos and I wonder if they realise that I am the minister for transport not the managing director of the Nigerian Railway Corporation so I can’t run the railways.

“In the past, none of you can send a video to a minister but now you not only send, they direct me on what to do. I urge you to continue in that light and make us accountable to you.”

SOURCE
https://www.reportnaija.ng/2018/04/05/we-increased-train-fare-because-rich-people-use-it-more-than-the-poor-amaechi/

cc lalasticlala

Then please make sure the tickets for the poor are different for those of the rich, and also the prices of tickets for the poor should be lower than those of the rich
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 05, 2018
Black man is curse!!! So by increasing the fare will the poor able to afford it? Mumu Amechi the the train will only be afford by the rich
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by BossLaifay(f): 8:32pm On Apr 05, 2018
I think I need UDUJs dog meme for my reply to this fool
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 05, 2018
See poor reasoning. So you are saying that there is nothing for the poor. anyways its obvious that the government has nothing poor. the poor should go and die... imagine that the poor is managing to raise the initial fare and you're now increasing it because the ' rich' is also using it. .. God. which leaders we get?
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by Plusstreet(m): 8:35pm On Apr 05, 2018
The other said penalty for being minority is slavery, this one is saying the poor can now trek since the rich in Nigeria prefers what helps the poor worldwide. You don't give what you don't have. You may claim being a leader but the abundance of your heart (your words) still tells us what you are.
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by Kingspin(m): 8:37pm On Apr 05, 2018
nutty leaders of Nigeria.
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by Ade3000yrs(m): 8:38pm On Apr 05, 2018
frozen
Re: We Increased Train Fare Because Rich People Use It More Than The Poor – Amaechi by ebenholer(m): 8:38pm On Apr 05, 2018
Will u now tell me that we have a government who are sensitive to the plight of her people...instead of telling the masses they increased the train fare so as to prevent poor from using it and because it is saver to travel by train than by road. So the souls of the rich ones are precious to them than poor masses'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MC Tagwaye Visits President Buhari In Daura For Sallah (Photos) / President Buhari's Visit To Maiduguri In Pictures / Tinubu Will Lose 2023 Election If……. – APC Chairman, Adamu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.