Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,932 members, 7,806,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

Who Wants To Be A Bus Conductor For Life? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Who Wants To Be A Bus Conductor For Life? (10061 Views)

Lady Narrates How Lagos Bus Conductor Returned Her Purse And Even Sent An Email / Widow Turned Bus Conductor Relies On Weed To Deal With Lagos ‘agberos’ / Lagos Bus Conductor Dresses Corporately While Working (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Wants To Be A Bus Conductor For Life? by Talk2Bella(f): 6:58am On Apr 06, 2018
A young man really impressed me with his bus conducting skills this morning on my way to work. I have met a lot of conductors, some not too cheerful, most are grumpy and hardened because the job had made them that way, others well…… depends on the passengers.

So this wonderful glorious morning, I boarded this danfo bus, the guy who picks me to work isn’t available so it’s been public transport for a week now. All I kept hearing from this handsome Youngman man was “ O wo le, o sa re bo, oya ma canvassi lo, eeeehsss e ro ra na, aunty yen fe wo le, e se der der na” oh lord Jesus such passion, patience, cheerfulness, such control.

When elders say the youths of our generation are lazy, I have always found this to be a big disrespect to us, we do more than enough, we have taken the mess they created during their regime and made something wonderful out of it. Their failure made us very creative, the jobless state of the economy has made the entrepreneurs in us alive.

There is dignity in Labor, Legal Labor I might add. I was born into a hustling family, my mother is a great inspiration, I watched her evolve from a woman sent out of her home by in-laws to getting a degree, moving from a one room apartment, to a flat and then became a landlady, I have watched her excel at her civil service job with such diligence and branched into Agriculture and Poultry farming.

When I see bricklayers, Vulcanizers, Welders, and other artisans I feel so proud, I feel so proud to be called fellow citizens with them. Manna doesn’t fall from Heaven, even before it fell from heaven the children of Israelites prayed and fasted and trekked in the desert under the scorching sun.

Do not look down on any job, I remember a time my dad had a financial crisis, he did so many menial jobs and being a conductor was one of them, I saw him once on the job, the memory still fresh as day, he was working with so much passion that when it came to a time I was broke I found no shame in going to a building site and asking to be a laborer, I was rejected of course but was given some money to go away.

There is Dignity in Legal Labor, the work of your hands shall bring you riches in abundance if you’re diligent and believe with so much passion that you’re truly working and not showing off.

Now who wants to be a Bus “Conductor for Life? No one, it’s risky, stressful, and not healthy, but “Man must Wack” but would you rather remain idle? No!!! That’s worse. If you find yourself in this situation and there’s no other option, work a little save a lot and venture into some entrepreneurship, who knows? You might be the next Jeff Bezos.

Isabella Ibeji.

http://www.talk2bella.com/2018/04/who-wants-to-be-bus-conductor-for-life.html

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Wants To Be A Bus Conductor For Life? by izzou(m): 7:02am On Apr 06, 2018
grin

You try with the write up

But errmm... Stop making it sound like the guy's dream was to be a conductor. He only found himself in that position.

Nobody wakes up and decides that I'll love to be a janitor, driver, LAWMA sweeper, and all these menial jobs we see.

Most times, it's just the way life takes us too, and we have the survive. That's why

Anyways, you said we could save up for something bigger, so all I typed now may be trash

How Ibadan sef? angry

16 Likes

Re: Who Wants To Be A Bus Conductor For Life? by Nobody: 7:11am On Apr 06, 2018
nice advice. I once wrk as house help when my mum fall sick, am now a CEO peniel printing press. I can't still believe till now is just like a dream

39 Likes

Re: Who Wants To Be A Bus Conductor For Life? by Talk2Bella(f): 7:43am On Apr 06, 2018
izzou:
grin

You try with the write up

But errmm... Stop making it sound like the guy's dream was to be a conductor. He only found himself in that position.

Nobody wakes up and decides that I'll love to be a janitor, driver, LAWMA sweeper, and all these menial jobs we see.

Most times, it's just the way life takes us too, and we have the survive. That's why

Anyways, you said we could save up for something bigger, so all I typed now may be trash

How Ibadan sef? angry

left ibadan 6 months ago

1 Like

Re: Who Wants To Be A Bus Conductor For Life? by Talk2Bella(f): 7:43am On Apr 06, 2018
adetoroamos:
nice advice. I once wrk as house help when my mum fall sick, am now a CEO peniel printing press. I can't still believe till now is just like a dream

there's dignity in legit labor smiley

6 Likes

Re: Who Wants To Be A Bus Conductor For Life? by izzou(m): 7:45am On Apr 06, 2018
Talk2Bella:

left ibadan 6 months ago

We miss your threads back then

angry
Re: Who Wants To Be A Bus Conductor For Life? by Talk2Bella(f): 7:49am On Apr 06, 2018
izzou:

We miss your threads back then

angry

lol grin
Re: Who Wants To Be A Bus Conductor For Life? by ismail4sure: 7:53am On Apr 06, 2018
nice

Re: Who Wants To Be A Bus Conductor For Life? by FiverrMade(m): 10:21am On Apr 06, 2018
Honorable lalasticlala...

Re: Who Wants To Be A Bus Conductor For Life? by scholes23(m): 10:24am On Apr 06, 2018
Nobody, cos no condition is peemanent
Re: Who Wants To Be A Bus Conductor For Life? by Ayohbk(m): 10:24am On Apr 06, 2018
Nice write up..... quite encouraging

1 Like

Re: Who Wants To Be A Bus Conductor For Life? by Grupo(m): 10:25am On Apr 06, 2018
adetoroamos:
I want to start a printing press. Please advise me on how to get started, and the minimum amount I can start with.

1 Like

Re: Who Wants To Be A Bus Conductor For Life? by Bustincole(m): 10:32am On Apr 06, 2018
Nobody my broda

Re: Who Wants To Be A Bus Conductor For Life? by Nobody: 10:36am On Apr 06, 2018
Grupo:

I want to start a printing press. Please advise me on how to get started, and the minimum amount I can start with.
very huge capital my bro cos I bought a half cord printing machine cost about #850k plus a #50k year rent of shop, u shaa need like 1.5 because you will feed yourself for about 6months before things plum

7 Likes

Re: Who Wants To Be A Bus Conductor For Life? by marttol: 10:37am On Apr 06, 2018
God forbid!!! But I'm proud of Every struggling human cos it's not easy,they are absolutely better off than most you people you hype cos you see them in venza,bentley but has dippen their hands into evil things like rituals, arm robbery, drugs etc... The way some people look down on others cos of there job demoralises them... Some girls especially, but it hurts most when a fellow male do that to you... Everyone ought to respect each others job without looking down on each other...

All of us will die... And all the struggling will be over. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Wants To Be A Bus Conductor For Life? by Coldfeets: 10:37am On Apr 06, 2018
What's the meaning of this rubbish I just read? lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Who Wants To Be A Bus Conductor For Life? by Pavore9: 10:40am On Apr 06, 2018
True, there is dignity in legal labour..
Re: Who Wants To Be A Bus Conductor For Life? by Nobody: 10:40am On Apr 06, 2018
You write well. Quite inspiring.

Ibadan is a lovely place to live in as far as Nigeria goes, why'd you leave?
Re: Who Wants To Be A Bus Conductor For Life? by Talk2Bella(f): 10:41am On Apr 06, 2018
5thElement:
You write well. Quite inspiring.

Ibadan is a lovely place to live in as far as Nigeria goes, why'd you leave?

was done with service grin

1 Like

Re: Who Wants To Be A Bus Conductor For Life? by pansophist(m): 10:44am On Apr 06, 2018
adetoroamos:

Good for you.

But everything in life is all about mindset. There is nothing special about the title CEO. You could have created a company earlier and called yourself the CEO, I did the same.

The most important thing is your account balance, not a superficial CEO title. Although I acknowledged that people generally attach respect to names, even if the bearer have it worse.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Wants To Be A Bus Conductor For Life? by shankara7: 10:46am On Apr 06, 2018
Talk2Bella:
A young man really impressed me with his bus conducting skills this morning on my way to work. I have met a lot of conductors, some not too cheerful, most are grumpy and hardened because the job had made them that way, others well…… depends on the passengers.

So this wonderful glorious morning, I boarded this danfo bus, the guy who picks me to work isn’t available so it’s been public transport for a week now. All I kept hearing from this handsome Youngman man was “ O wo le, o sa re bo, oya ma canvassi lo, eeeehsss e ro ra na, aunty yen fe wo le, e se der der na” oh lord Jesus such passion, patience, cheerfulness, such control.

When elders say the youths of our generation are lazy, I have always found this to be a big disrespect to us, we do more than enough, we have taken the mess they created during their regime and made something wonderful out of it. Their failure made us very creative, the jobless state of the economy has made the entrepreneurs in us alive.

There is dignity in Labor, Legal Labor I might add. I was born into a hustling family, my mother is a great inspiration, I watched her evolve from a woman sent out of her home by in-laws to getting a degree, moving from a one room apartment, to a flat and then became a landlady, I have watched her excel at her civil service job with such diligence and branched into Agriculture and Poultry farming.

When I see bricklayers, Vulcanizers, Welders, and other artisans I feel so proud, I feel so proud to be called fellow citizens with them. Manna doesn’t fall from Heaven, even before it fell from heaven the children of Israelites prayed and fasted and trekked in the desert under the scorching sun.

Do not look down on any job, I remember a time my dad had a financial crisis, he did so many menial jobs and being a conductor was one of them, I saw him once on the job, the memory still fresh as day, he was working with so much passion that when it came to a time I was broke I found no shame in going to a building site and asking to be a laborer, I was rejected of course but was given some money to go away.

There is Dignity in Legal Labor, the work of your hands shall bring you riches in abundance if you’re diligent and believe with so much passion that you’re truly working and not showing off.

Now who wants to be a Bus “Conductor for Life? No one, it’s risky, stressful, and not healthy, but “Man must Wack” but would you rather remain idle? No!!! That’s worse. If you find yourself in this situation and there’s no other option, work a little save a lot and venture into some entrepreneurship, who knows? You might be the next Jeff Bezos.

Isabella Ibeji.

http://www.talk2bella.com/2018/04/who-wants-to-be-bus-conductor-for-life.html
Translating those Yoruba lines wouldn't kill you.

4 Likes

Re: Who Wants To Be A Bus Conductor For Life? by Nobody: 10:48am On Apr 06, 2018
Talk2Bella:

was done with service grin

Oh ok. Hope you enjoyed your service year.

1 Like

Re: Who Wants To Be A Bus Conductor For Life? by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 06, 2018
pansophist:

Good for you.

But everything in life is all about mindset. There is nothing special about the title CEO. You could have created a company earlier and called yourself the CEO, I did the same.

The most important thing is your account balance, not a superficial CEO title. Although I acknowledged that people generally attach respect to names, even if the bearer have it worse.
if my Acc is not growing why d fvck am a boss of my company

2 Likes

Re: Who Wants To Be A Bus Conductor For Life? by oliidell(m): 10:56am On Apr 06, 2018
Bella smiley
Re: Who Wants To Be A Bus Conductor For Life? by Galacious1: 10:59am On Apr 06, 2018
Nice write up, op.

I was a bus conductor (oshodi-agege) for about a year b4 i left for school. I made more money then than now that I have a white collar job.

I miss the regular brothel visits and herbal concoctions.

'''Oshodi! Oshodi! Wo le pelu shenji e o!"' smiley

7 Likes

Re: Who Wants To Be A Bus Conductor For Life? by Talk2Bella(f): 11:09am On Apr 06, 2018
oliidell:
Bella smiley

yels grin
Re: Who Wants To Be A Bus Conductor For Life? by Originalsly: 11:11am On Apr 06, 2018
Like your father once did...maybe the guy is working as a conductor while he is waiting to enter university...or NYSC...or saving to start something big...but not a conductor for life. What if he owns the bus?
The bottom line in this thread.... don't let our pride get in the way of us making an honest living. A menial job is better than no job.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Workers Protest Non-Payment Of Salaries In Cross River State / Going Back To School While Working Full Time. / Before You Quit That Job!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.