Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,011 members, 7,806,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims (22130 Views)

My Car Alloy Rims Before And After Pimping / Very neat Gulf 3 year 2000 with Alloy Rims For Sale. / Types Of Rims In Cars, Their Uses And How They Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by Nobody: 10:23am On Apr 07, 2018
gonkin:
700k for tyre and rims. That na money for 50 by 100

You can even get 100x100 at Ifako Ekiti but not 1x1 at Banana Island grin
Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 07, 2018
magicfingers009:

700k for what? How much are the tyres? Are the rims encrusted with diamonds?

I haven’t seen diamond encrusted rims before but I haven’t searched.
Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 07, 2018
rifasenate11:

the tin no surprise you.. 700k for rims alone?. that's absurd

If you’re poor then yeah.

Like I said just stay with your stockers.
Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 07, 2018
booz:
Alloy rims have less load bearing capacity than steel ones.

Wrong.

They’re stronger and lighter than steel.

2 Likes

Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 07, 2018
maskamdo:
I have seen rims and tires changed for 1.2m naira

That was even way back in 2012

Don’t mind them.

1 Like

Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 07, 2018
Ipfreely:
A lot of scepticism about the stated price tag for wheels/tires here.

The figure could just be for the wheels, or could include other charges.

Don't just assume that things don't exist because you haven't come across them.

There are high end wheels, mid range and Low quality wheels, then of course there are knockoffs.

Vossen or BBS easily cost way more than the quoted figure, never mind their high performance status.

Rims and wheels are technically not the same

These are some of the side effects of our poor economy.

They’ve decimated the middle class.

1 Like

Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 07, 2018
Friends, this car of mine is sitting on tires/rims that cost more than the car itself grin

2 Likes

Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by banio: 10:35am On Apr 07, 2018
YorubaAssasin:

Alaye Egun... N700K rims? Na gold dem use make am? undecided 9ja market different from yankee ooo abeg. smiley

Thought I was the only one who saw it. Anyways I don't know the car type and the tyre type or rim type. After all one plot of land in banana island is #400million while in general it is between 1 to 5 million naira.

1 Like

Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by Nobody: 11:04am On Apr 07, 2018
Hope the naysayers are sitting down.

This is for a 2015 Honda Accord, tires and rims are available for up to $5,000 = N1,750,000 plus shipping grin

Proof attached.

Please note that this is even cheaper closeout/clearance price cheesy

1 Like

Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by Kennydoc(m): 12:12pm On Apr 07, 2018
EgunMogaji:
I've seen and read about the first picture on many other forums, kind of old news already.

I'm still not convinced that the rims shattered as alleged. It is my opinion, and of others that I trust their automotive opinions, that this was an after effect of a crash. Not the cause.

That being said, "good rims bend, bad rims break".

I was approached by an offline potential client who wanted tires/rim. I quoted N700,000 and I promptly never heard back from him grin

If you value your life, just stay with your existing factory rims. The factory did extensive testing on them and they are safe. Nothing good comes cheap.

But you wicked sha. How much is a whole car that you're selling only tyres plus rims 700k?
Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by Nastydroid(m): 12:13pm On Apr 07, 2018
YorubaAssasin:

Alaye Egun... N700K rims? Na gold dem use make am? undecided 9ja market different from yankee ooo abeg. smiley
there are headlights of 700k

3 Likes

Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 07, 2018
Kennydoc:

But you wicked sha. How much is a whole car that you're selling only tyres plus rims 700k?

Groan....

1 Like

Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by Nobody: 12:17pm On Apr 07, 2018
Nastydroid:
there are headlights of 700k

Seats N1,000,000 grin

Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by Nastydroid(m): 12:19pm On Apr 07, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Seats N1,000,000 grin
people go still buy am

2 Likes

Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:56pm On Apr 07, 2018
2years ago 4 of these were sold 400k used!!

Lexus LX570

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by Inception(m): 3:57pm On Apr 07, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
2years ago 4 of these were sold 400k used!!

Lexus LX570

At least i can afford fufu grin

Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by rifasenate11(m): 5:29pm On Apr 07, 2018
EgunMogaji:

If you’re poor then yeah.

Like I said just stay with your stockers.

it's like you are a little thief... 700k for tires and rims, you are just a thief.
Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by Nobody: 5:32pm On Apr 07, 2018
rifasenate11:

it's like you are a little thief... 700k for tires and rims, you are just a thief.

It’s like you’re not yet in the demographic that I cater to.

Hopefully things continue to improve in life for you.

Thanks grin

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by rifasenate11(m): 6:18pm On Apr 07, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Seats N1,000,000 grin

and you pull adverts from foreign franchaise company, but you forgot to mention that there was a payment plan on it.. no one coughs out that amount of money for car seats.. he must be driving modified race cars and even at that they pay on installments
Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 07, 2018
rifasenate11:

and you pull adverts from foreign franchaise company, but you forgot to mention that there was a payment plan on it.. no one coughs out that amount of money for car seats.. he must be driving modified race cars and even at that they pay on installments

I live in the USA so my reference points are US based.

I ship things that are more expensive than that to Nigeria almost monthly and there are no payment plans. You’re just not in the demographics of quality seat purchasers.

Don’t worry, keep hustling and your time will come when you can afford what you really want and not what you can find.

Good luck.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by rifasenate11(m): 7:19am On Apr 08, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I live in the USA so my reference points are US based.

I ship things that are more expensive than that to Nigeria almost monthly and there are no payment plans. You’re just not in the demographics of quality seat purchasers.

Don’t worry, keep hustling and your time will come when you can afford what you really want and not what you can find.

Good luck.

you don't live in the USA, you have a buyer and you can't close a deal with him due to your over-the-top price and that's the main issue , you are not a business man. I doubt you ever make any sales . go back to the market and check prices of rims .
Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 08, 2018
rifasenate11:

you don't live in the USA, you have a buyer and you can't close a deal with him due to your over-the-top price and that's the main issue , you are not a business man. I doubt you ever make any sales . go back to the market and check prices of rims .

I didn’t compromise on my standards of delivery.

I’ll pass on your suggestion of local market research if you don’t mind. I’ve posted samples of wheel packages that cost over N1.5M and you’re still crying over N700K grin

Not that it matters but I’ve been living in the US for most likely longer than you’ve been alive.

2 Likes

Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by rifasenate11(m): 1:15pm On Apr 08, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I’ll pass on your suggestion of local market research if you don’t mind. I’ve posted samples of wheel packages that cost over N1.5M and you’re still crying over N700K grin

Not that it matters but I’ve been living in the US for most likely longer than you’ve been alive.

egghead.. continue exalting your failures, you can never make any sales with your petty thievery, you claiming to live in the U.S importing rims of 1.5m is just as stupid as you are, shows how foolish your sales are , i continue to bet you that you cannot make any sale, amateurs claiming business potentials. probably end up with his fraudulent traits and shiits. continue dreaming with that price.
Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 08, 2018
rifasenate11:

egghead.. continue exalting your failures, you can never make any sales with your petty thievery, you claiming to live in the U.S importing rims of 1.5m is just as stupid as you are, shows how foolish your sales are , i continue to bet you that you cannot make any sale, amateurs claiming business potentials. probably end up with his fraudulent traits and shiits. continue dreaming with that price.

Why are you so agitated? Why are you cursing?

You’re so dazed with your emotions running away that you’re now making up stories grin

Don't limit yourself, one day the sun will shine for you and you’ll be able to buy and enjoy the finer things in life.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by rifasenate11(m): 5:54pm On Apr 08, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Why are you so agitated? Why are you cursing?

You’re so dazed with your emotions running away that you’re now making up stories grin

Don't limit yourself, one day the sun will shine for you and you’ll be able to buy and enjoy the finer things in life.

still you haven't explain yourself, you're not a business man, you will never make any sales with your price simple and short, I still await for you to prove me wrong..
Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 08, 2018
rifasenate11:

still you haven't explain yourself, you're not a business man, you will never make any sales with your price simple and short, I still await for you to prove me wrong..

Dude, I have nothing to prove or explain to you. None at all grin

Like I said I earlier I don't compromise on my service delivery and I cater to a select group of clients. I'm happy to refer you to Owode Onirin or better yet to stick with your stock wheels.

One day you'll also be able to afford the finer things in life. Hope you're having a nice Sunday.

2 Likes

Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by Nobody: 6:15pm On Apr 08, 2018
First Pic:

These are HRE and the seller is asking $1,800 for a used set grin

$1,800 = N630,000 and remember that this is a used set. Imagine how much they are new.

Second Pic:

Moto wheels and seller is asking $2,000 = N700,000

I'm using a conservation exchange rate of 350 and shipping and handling is not included.

Third Pic:

Arachnid wheels, not only used but has curb rash

Seller is asking $2,650 = N928,000

Moral, stay with your stock factory wheels if you can't afford to buy original aftermarket safe wheels from companies that are knowledgable.

Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by rifasenate11(m): 10:07pm On Apr 08, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Dude, I have nothing to prove or explain to you. None at all grin

Like I said I earlier I don't compromise on my service delivery and I cater to a select group of clients. I'm happy to refer you to Owode Onirin or better yet to stick with your stock wheels.

One day you'll also be able to afford the finer things in life. Hope you're having a nice Sunday.

you don't have anything to sell.. you don't provide any service at all . I am waiting for you to prove that you have anything to offer. if you can't do that. you still remain a thief
Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 08, 2018
rifasenate11:

you don't have anything to sell.. you don't provide any service at all . I am waiting for you to prove that you have anything to offer. if you can't do that. you still remain a thief

Thief ke? Shebi this is the perfect opportunity to announce to the forum what I've stolen from you grin

Like I said, I have nothing to prove to you. Nothing at all.
Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by rifasenate11(m): 10:21pm On Apr 08, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Thief ke? Shebi this is the perfect opportunity to announce to the forum what I've stolen from you grin

Like I said, I have nothing to prove to you. Nothing at all.

my friend, I still await your proof for selling a rim for 700k and above as you claimed to have sold for 1.5m ...grin, I laugh... your claims are absurd and completely fraudulent...

come back when you have your proof period.
Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by Nobody: 10:23pm On Apr 08, 2018
rifasenate11:

my friend, I still await your proof for selling a rim for 700k and above as you claimed to have sold for 1.5m ...grin, I laugh... your claims are absurd and completely fraudulent...

come back when you have your proof period.

Okay, so please show to the audience how I've defrauded you.

Where have I claimed that I sold any wheels for N1.5M? The jokes on you wink

You'll keep asking and I'll keep responding that I owe you nothing.

PS: I'm not your friend. No offense meant.

1 Like

Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by rifasenate11(m): 10:27pm On Apr 08, 2018
EgunMogaji:

a thief and a liar.. may forget because the actions are dubious and mischievous.. keep it up. we will expose you all that use this medium to deceive the gullible one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads / Are There Cheap Nigerian Used Cars? / Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.