Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,204 members, 7,780,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:07 PM

Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car - Then Finds It 20 Years Later - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car - Then Finds It 20 Years Later (43462 Views)

Lagos Driver Forgets Where He Parked Vehicle After Getting Drunk / SHOCKING German Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car –then Finds It 20 Years Later / Dino Melaye Parks His Ferrari Convertible At Transcorp Hotel With The Top Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car - Then Finds It 20 Years Later by Saphiex(m): 7:16am On Apr 07, 2018
MVLOX:
Back in 1997 in the German city of Frankfurt, a man reported his car as stolen to the police.
Twenty years later, the authorities in the city have tracked down the missing vehicle, only to discover that the man who owned it had in fact, just forgotten where he’d parked the car and had assumed it had been stolen.
The vehicle was found in a garage in an old industrial building that is due to be demolished.

The car was in the way of the demolition so it was reported to the police who then investigated who the owner was.
According to German regional paper Augsberger Allgemein, the man, now 76-years-old, was driven by the police with his daughter to be reunited with the car.
Unfortunately the car was no longer functional and had to be scrapped.
“The car can no longer be driven and will be sent to the scrap heap,” Frankfurt authorities said.

The incident is reminiscent of another German case, in which a man was reunited with his vehicle two years after parking up and going on a drinking binge in Munich, only to forget where he’d parked. He reported it missing and eventually police found the vehicle 4km away from where the man thought he’d parked it.
It had 40,000 euros in cash in the boot, along with 50,000 euros worth of tools.
Earlier this year a man from Scotland lost his car after attending a Stoneroses gig in Manchester. He reportedly searched for the vehicle for 5 days before giving up. He even contacted the council and various companies in a bid to trace the vehicle.

He eventually reported the car stolen, but it was found six months later, exactly where he’d left it, though with parking fines estimated at over £5,000

Sources: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/man-forgets-park-car-finds-20-years-later-frankfurt-a8058416.html?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook
Same way pa Buhari forgot his land in Portharcourt
Re: Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car - Then Finds It 20 Years Later by Nickymezor(f): 7:19am On Apr 07, 2018
Wat a tale...i tire for am sad
Re: Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car - Then Finds It 20 Years Later by ukejejohnson(m): 7:31am On Apr 07, 2018
All na fat lie
Re: Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car - Then Finds It 20 Years Later by okerekeikpo: 7:34am On Apr 07, 2018
Is he related to Buhari?
Re: Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car - Then Finds It 20 Years Later by seenga(m): 7:44am On Apr 07, 2018
How many people u dun fit hit so far with this stale scam?
updatingx5877:
Re: Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car - Then Finds It 20 Years Later by Butoneday2(m): 7:54am On Apr 07, 2018
Story for the gods? They only forgot but never forget. Only junkies can do this. undecided
Re: Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car - Then Finds It 20 Years Later by no1madman(m): 8:18am On Apr 07, 2018
Old news
Re: Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car - Then Finds It 20 Years Later by no1madman(m): 8:18am On Apr 07, 2018
ukejejohnson:
All na fat lie
Na real
Re: Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car - Then Finds It 20 Years Later by Juliusdking(m): 8:31am On Apr 07, 2018
Craze guys forget where i pack my car say wetin happen

1 Like

Re: Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car - Then Finds It 20 Years Later by Lukgaf(m): 8:53am On Apr 07, 2018
Biafran wink
praiseneofingz:
if it's obodoyinbo I will believe but if na here.......
Re: Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car - Then Finds It 20 Years Later by sulakishop(m): 9:19am On Apr 07, 2018
Osogbo weed is the best
Re: Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car - Then Finds It 20 Years Later by Prettyyemi(f): 10:40am On Apr 07, 2018
Na im village people work oo.
This thing is not normal at all..
How can I forget where I parked my car for 20years??
When they are not doing me??
Thank God his car has been found!!

1 Like

Re: Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car - Then Finds It 20 Years Later by Oktoem75(m): 10:47am On Apr 07, 2018
£5,000 parking fine?� i’d Rather let the car go. For me, I’d get a good replacement at that amount.
Re: Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car - Then Finds It 20 Years Later by Problemssolver1(m): 11:37am On Apr 07, 2018
Oyibo land is quite different

1 Like

Re: Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car - Then Finds It 20 Years Later by Ten06(m): 12:08pm On Apr 07, 2018
I lost mine for 10 hours until some good Samaritans took me to where I parked it. It all started when I challenged some SARS officers beating somebody by the roadside at Jakpa Junction effurun. They immediately left the guy and started chasing after me with their bike, because of the traffic jam on the main road I had to drive into a street I have not been to before. After cruising on a good speed and turning left and right in the district I now came to a dead end, considering what I saw them doing to that guy I had to continue running to avoid being one of their victims.
My people after running blindly for about 20 minutes I had to settle down with one bottle of chill star to calm my nerves down.
it was after I finished the beer I realized that I don't even know how manage I got to that place talk much of how to locate my car. My phone could have been useful but it was inside the car.
Re: Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car - Then Finds It 20 Years Later by Pweetyjuddy(f): 2:26pm On Apr 08, 2018
After 20year

1 Like

Re: Man Forgets Where He Parks His Car - Then Finds It 20 Years Later by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 08, 2018
OceanmorganTrix:
undecided

Where are the photos??

There are no photos on the original story.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Danfo Buses Now Use Gas Instead Of Petrol - Photos / Drunk Driver Crashes Employer's Mercedes-benz SUV Into 4 Parked Cars In Lagos / 7 Cars With Absolutely Ugly Interior You Wouldn’t Even Like To See

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.