Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,863 members, 7,802,770 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? (33385 Views)

Economist: How Can I Spend 70k A Month. / I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara / "I Deposited N167K But Was Credited With N1.67M" - Man (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 07, 2018
You will mistakenly vomit it.
Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by psalmistkakah(m): 9:55am On Apr 07, 2018
Na so I go bank to deposits 500k I come mistaken write 5m na so cashier stamp count money , as I leave in d morning dem call me dey beg me say, make I correct teller

1 Like

Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by tunary(m): 9:58am On Apr 07, 2018
Footysport:
**This is my opinion.**

For such large amount to be deposited into your account, it's either your account is being use for Fraud or the mistake comes from depositor or Cashier.

**My advice**

Wait for 2 days at least or 1 week at most. If this problem comes from bank, I don't see why they won't rectify it before 24 hours. If your account is still active or the money is still there after the given time please start making plan for big money.

** NOTE**:: If you decide to alert your nearest bank, this money might not get to the owner. If those at the bank are corrupt, they might make use of this cute money cool. My brother, you will still attend court if there is problem in future cool.

**My advice**

Move this money to another bank and fix it. The interest that comes with this should be yours. And when Casala burst, you can pay that crazy bank and keep your interest. Make sure you spend the money wisely and don't compete with Gee' boys in club..

***FINALLY**

please don't let this opportunity pass you by. This opportunity comes once in a while. Be ready to attend court for that 100million. That money worth any stress you will pass through

**SOME NAIRALANDER'S WILL CALL ME CRAZY GUY. YES NIGERIA MADE ME THIS WAY. IF YOU LET OPPORTUNITY PASS YOU BY, YOUR CHANCE OF MAKING IT IS VERY SMALL tongue tongue
Haha you deserve something special for this
I'm in support
Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by stacyadams: 10:02am On Apr 07, 2018
grin me don go with draw Cheqye for bank ,dem pay me double the amount...��..if I hear say I refund dem bak
Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by don4real18(m): 10:04am On Apr 07, 2018
Use the 100million to buy treasury bills with different banks and you can pay me your tithe from the interest
Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by webincomeplus(m): 10:11am On Apr 07, 2018
priceaction:

Calm down Mr man. Your blood too dey hot for early morning now. I just booked the space while I modified the comments as it is a long story. Go and read again.
Your comment was unnecessary, too. I deleted my post immediately after I saw that you've edited yours to add the details. You shouldn't have gone ahead to quote just a dot, when it's obvious that it was used to replace my earlier comment.
Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by JhyMedex: 10:28am On Apr 07, 2018
Efficient5:
It would be a case that would call for a lot of question and theory as regards law.. But as a lawyer it can be argued with this saying that he who owns the land owns whatever is on it... So also is your account it would be wrong for them to keep money that is not yours in your account and u may hide under the defense that you thought it was a jack pot u won probably from the bank and it is not expected of you to seek permission before using the money in your account... Spend there money hide under some kinda defense and when they come charge them with trespass and also come up with the fact that it ur account and anything there is deemed to be urs... Then they would be on the defense looking for reasons why you should not spend money in an account that belongs to you....

grin..I must admit i dnt like lawyers very much...bt deres no denying d fact dt u guys r some of d smartest n cunning persons in f universe..grin..

1 Like

Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by Jokkarm2: 10:38am On Apr 07, 2018
SEE THE ANSWERS,

1 REFUND WITHIN A SHORT PERIOD

2 GO TO JAIL
Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by Bv3rmie: 10:53am On Apr 07, 2018
If you spend it, the bank teller or the person in charge of transfer would be held liable, which may lead to his/her dismissal or arrest, so if you may think you were sharp to have spent it, know that someone is paying for it somewhere, as the bank won't treat any loss of its funds probably by an error made by its staff. The bank may return the money to its rightful owner (whether they get it back or not) but someone has to pay for it.
Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by mathew247: 10:58am On Apr 07, 2018
if 100million was credited to my account, I will mistakenly withdraw all asap and also I'm going to mistakenly disappear from Nigeria for rest of my life.

4 Likes

Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by Oktoem75(m): 11:03am On Apr 07, 2018
Paradigm777:
You will mistakenly serve ur jail term.

Ole!!! cheesy
� �
Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by Nobody: 11:17am On Apr 07, 2018
Yes, I dont think he will be jailed, except is a fraud issue which he was involved in. ( but to say you are on your own and money was paid into your account....you owe no one any explanation when used it only God because it's not yours) Rather the bank will plead with him to refund the money. He owes nobody, but for the sake of guilty conscience, he better refunds the money when called or informs his bank, because the one who made the wrong transaction must pay for it.

1 Like

Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by fireback: 11:20am On Apr 07, 2018
Ojemedad:

Then they will refer you to terms and condition you signed, even your lawyer will seek a hiding spot
the term and condition I know did not say I should report to anybody whenever I want to deposit or withdraw money from my account. the condition only States that d bank will report to security agency (efcc or even CBN), if there's any cash transaction above #1m in an individual account, and any amount above #5m in a corporate account.
Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by sircrabo: 11:28am On Apr 07, 2018
1x2x3:
Withdraw 10M from that money. Place a bet of 2 odds.... Win 20M then return the 10M into the account and call the bank.

10M made under 24hrs.

Baddest guy
Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by Nobody: 11:48am On Apr 07, 2018
Efficient5:
It would be a case that would call for a lot of question and theory as regards law.. But as a lawyer it can be argued with this saying that he who owns the land owns whatever is on it... So also is your account it would be wrong for them to keep money that is not yours in your account and u may hide under the defense that you thought it was a jack pot u won probably from the bank and it is not expected of you to seek permission before using the money in your account... Spend there money hide under some kinda defense and when they come charge them with trespass and also come up with the fact that it ur account and anything there is deemed to be urs... Then they would be on the defense looking for reasons why you should not spend money in an account that belongs to you....

Lame excuse, interestingly coming from a lawyer.

OP, don't touch the money nor attempt getting a lawyer for its expense if you cherish your freedom.
Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by chloride6: 11:50am On Apr 07, 2018
priceaction:
It has happened to my cousin.
His wife was expecting about 1 million from UK, and things were hard that time. After some days , she saw an alert about of 1.2m . They withdraw the money and spent it on projects they were working on. 2 weeks later, got a call from her bank that there was a mistake of wrong deposit. Same surname, initials, but different middle name and account number.
She was confused. The bankers later fixed a date to visit. So they negotiated after more meetings to pay back in installments without additional charges or so because the bank acknowledged that it was their fault. So they gave her , I think 3 months, while documents were signed. That was union bank ,I think, though long time ago.
So it depends but if you refused, they may take serious action against you and end up in jail.

This is the correct opinion.
Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by Geofavor(m): 11:53am On Apr 07, 2018
Efficient5:
LAWYER! cool
Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by Sammy108983(m): 12:11pm On Apr 07, 2018
Make up to 5k directly to your account wit your Facebook account. Check the link on my signature.
Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by SweetSoup(m): 12:31pm On Apr 07, 2018
Is it possible to credit a bank account with the right account name and wrong account no?
Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by Psoul(m): 12:46pm On Apr 07, 2018
Efficient5:

U mean u are a Lawyer in Nigeria?
Do you think this kind of case will be tried in a local kindred meeting where u will bring up this kind of defense and it will save u.
Oga, we are talking of Nigeria Court.

Or do u think we are talking of sane countries where they will have the patience to listen to all defense no matter how irrelevant it may sound?

Just wait, en EFCC but u in their cell, you will sell everything that is in your village and bring them the proceed with abeg, still your freedom will not come soon.
Oga ooo, this place na Naija ooo.
Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by OAKSFIVEFARMS: 12:50pm On Apr 07, 2018
Hello,
Please follow my new blog about ride sharing in Nigeria.
I give out free stuff all the time.

www.taxiappguy.

Twitter: @taxiappguy

Facebook: taxiappguy

Instagram: taxiappguy
Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by Benosky011(m): 1:34pm On Apr 07, 2018
It means u are eating money that's not yours.
Now, can u define stealing?
Whatever is ur own definition, that's what will happen to u.
Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by MissRaine69(f): 1:42pm On Apr 07, 2018
Ekitimadman:
There was an arguement today about this topic. If 100million is mistakenly deposited into my account over 24hours and I manage to withdraw 50 million. What will happen when I get arrested?

It’s theft and yes you will be held accountable.
Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by MissRaine69(f): 1:43pm On Apr 07, 2018
SweetSoup:
Is it possible to credit a bank account with the right account name and wrong account no?
Mistakes happen even in banking
Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by Sparkle777(f): 1:47pm On Apr 07, 2018
Footysport:
**This is my opinion.**

For such large amount to be deposited into your account, it's either your account is being use for Fraud or the mistake comes from depositor or Cashier.

**My advice**

Wait for 2 days at least or 1 week at most. If this problem comes from bank, I don't see why they won't rectify it before 24 hours. If your account is still active or the money is still there after the given time please start making plan for big money.

** NOTE**:: If you decide to alert your nearest bank, this money might not get to the owner. If those at the bank are corrupt, they might make use of this cute money cool. My brother, you will still attend court if there is problem in future cool.

**My advice**

Move this money to another bank and fix it. The interest that comes with this should be yours. And when Casala burst, you can pay that crazy bank and keep your interest. Make sure you spend the money wisely and don't compete with Gee' boys in club..

***FINALLY**

please don't let this opportunity pass you by. This opportunity comes once in a while. Be ready to attend court for that 100million. That money worth any stress you will pass through

**SOME NAIRALANDER'S WILL CALL ME CRAZY GUY. YES NIGERIA MADE ME THIS WAY. IF YOU LET OPPORTUNITY PASS YOU BY, YOUR CHANCE OF MAKING IT IS VERY SMALL tongue tongue

Hmmmn, I kinda think you're right. I ve had HUGE amounts paid into my account on more than 3 occasions. I waited like 3 to 7/days to complain to the bank, it was withdrawn promptly just like that. Mind you,the bank never called or anything.
Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by Rapfrick(m): 2:08pm On Apr 07, 2018
I find a lot of comments really funny, all de people talking about de spender doing time obviously knows nothing about business,if it was an error from de depositor, dat is de depositor filled in de wrong details(account number)which coincidentally happens to tally with ur name or matching initials the bank will make just little efforts in assisting the depositor. De bank will put a call across to u and will also release ur phone number to de depositor to call and beg u to return it,but if de error was from de bank staff dat handled de transaction den de bank will be de ones making all de efforts to get back de money with different approaches but first tin is dey will put a call across to u to explain de situation to u which u already know about and also beg u to return de money,ur response or action will determine de banks next line of action. If u say de money has been spent dey may try to bully u by picking u up with de cops if u stand ur ground dey will take de matter to court, but at de end dey won't want to blow de matter coz wat de bank really need is dia money so dey will still call for out of court settlement with a signed agreement dat u pay installmentally for a period for de said sum of 100m dem fit give u between 15 to 20 years to pay up dats if u insist dat de u invested de money but if u say u use am buy property de court may compel u to sale it and return de money. Going to jail is not even an option for de bank coz dat will simply mean dat de money has been lost for ever

3 Likes

Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by Blessed200016: 2:53pm On Apr 07, 2018
Collect and ya danu
Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Apr 07, 2018
I will withdraw the cash..24 hours later, you can find me in Accra, Ghana laying low.
Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by titosantana(m): 3:43pm On Apr 07, 2018
Rapfrick:
I find a lot of comments really funny, all de people talking about de spender doing time obviously knows nothing about business,if it was an error from de depositor, dat is de depositor filled in de wrong details(account number)which coincidentally happens to tally with ur name or matching initials the bank will make just little efforts in assisting the depositor. De bank will put a call across to u and will also release ur phone number to de depositor to call and beg u to return it,but if de error was from de bank staff dat handled de transaction den de bank will be de ones making all de efforts to get back de money with different approaches but first tin is dey will put a call across to u to explain de situation to u which u already know about and also beg u to return de money,ur response or action will determine de banks next line of action. If u say de money has been spent dey may try to bully u by picking u up with de cops if u stand ur ground dey will take de matter to court, but at de end dey won't want to blow de matter coz wat de bank really need is dia money so dey will still call for out of court settlement with a signed agreement dat u pay installmentally for a period for de said sum of 100m dem fit give u between 15 to 20 years to pay up dats if u insist dat de u invested de money but if u say u use am buy property de court may compel u to sale it and return de money. Going to jail is not even an option for de bank coz dat will simply mean dat de money has been lost for ever

I had to ask someone who has been working in a bank for over 6 yrs this question. My brother, she said exactly what you have stated.

@topic, too many ignoramus on this thread, if you dont know ask pls. It won't reduce your account balance.
Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by LorDBolton(m): 6:01pm On Apr 07, 2018
sekundosekundo:

If money is mistakenly paid into your account, contact your bank and security agents. I am speaking from experience.

I smiled at the experience part...

Who no go, no fit know
Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by Olubidex: 6:41pm On Apr 07, 2018
They will push for refund by forfeiting whatever you use the money to buy because they know you can't bury 50 million in your stomach like that snake
Re: If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? by ImaIma1(f): 7:05pm On Apr 07, 2018
You won't even be able to withdraw the money.

If it only 7k,7k, 2k, 1,500 has been entering the account, a deposit of 100m will immediately lock down the account and put it "no debit" because it will be a suspicious transaction.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Beware Of Bitcoin, Swisscoin, Others, SEC Warns Nigerians / Alaba Int'l Market And Aba Market: Which Is The Most Popular? / Dangote Refinery Rules Out 2020, As Refinery Gets New Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.