Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

So I Finally Went To Enugu. It's Over Hyped - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / So I Finally Went To Enugu. It's Over Hyped (39745 Views)

Ooni: Ugwuanyi Is A Wonderful Leader, Donates Fumigation Equipments To Enugu / Kosisochukwu Anioma Wasn't Kidnaped, Went To Owerri To Visit A Friend (Picture) / Video+Pictures :Crowd Welcome Buhari To Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So I Finally Went To Enugu. It's Over Hyped by deomelo: 3:32am On Apr 09, 2018
AIR FORCE COMPREHENSIVE SCHOOL ENUGU GETS FACILITY UPGRADE

The Air Force Comprehensive School Agbani, Enugu has benefitted from the ongoing effort by the current leadership of the Nigerian Air Force to enhance the welfare of personnel and their dependants. Facilities in the School were recently upgraded to enhance the living condition and classroom environment of the students. Established in 2002, the school has a current population of 490 students. The steady growth in student population over the years without commensurate expansion and renovation of existing facilities. Recent development effort in the school include the construction of a new clinic to be adopted as model for all NAF Secondary Schools, drainage system within the school premises to address the challenges posed by flood and erosion, and landscaping of the damaged football pitch as well as enhance aesthetics around the School. Other include renovation of the students’ dining hall, 5 blocks of classrooms, 3 blocks of students’ hostels and the School’s administrative block.

Representing the Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Baba Abubakar at the commissioning ceremony, the Chief of Administration, AVM Ajibola Jekennu reiterated the resolve by the current NAF leadership to enhance the quality of lives of personnel and their families with a view to impacting every facets of NAF operations for effective and efficient service delivery. AVM Jekennu noted that the NAF is not only carrying out a review of the educational curriculum of its schools for optimum performance but also improving on the state of the facilities to promote quality learning.

Re: So I Finally Went To Enugu. It's Over Hyped by Nobody: 4:26am On Apr 09, 2018

1 Like

Re: So I Finally Went To Enugu. It's Over Hyped by Nobody: 4:28am On Apr 09, 2018

2 Likes

Re: So I Finally Went To Enugu. It's Over Hyped by Nobody: 4:34am On Apr 09, 2018
Re: So I Finally Went To Enugu. It's Over Hyped by Nobody: 5:23am On Apr 09, 2018

2 Likes

Re: So I Finally Went To Enugu. It's Over Hyped by lacasera14(m): 6:52am On Apr 09, 2018
Nonaira3:
This thread is hilarious to me. The OP came to be mischievous and now left his people hanging just to get pummeled left and right. An adjacent topic was even opened just to continue the attacks on the Afonja. I don die laughing. OP na bastard you be. How you got do your own people like this. Una just see how OP Waka run. grin grin grin
Have anyone seen the OP Biko nu?
Yes I've seen him. he's been trying to wrap a single fact around the heads of these IPOB dumbskulls but it's not working, from pages 1-3. they've clung unto pictures as if their lives depended on it. The city has no single flyover bridge, no single cinema, no busy express road that shows traffic and influx to prove how development is making it boom with attention, granted I had a bad camera when I went there couldn't take pictures but do they need pictures to admit they don't own a single flyover bridge that contains traffic or perhaps they need pictures to admit they don't own a single cinema. they have all the mediocre pictures they need in their pride of the east thread but my own must show up because a drowning man must leverage anything just to stay afloat. I'm awed by their idiocy and silence is a better treatment. watch how they'll come for me again in sheer stupidity but I rest my case here while you and them can continue wallowing in the apex level of desperation for survival (pics). you think those 3 lane roads in independent layout and natural shrubs that grace it that have refused to go down because of lack of development is all there is to beauty and development.

6 Likes

Re: So I Finally Went To Enugu. It's Over Hyped by laribari(m): 7:43am On Apr 09, 2018
conductorGX:
[s][/s]

Lost kingdom of biafra. Haaaahha! You dare not even say it. You don't even have an identity.

Na inside book and history your country dey exist and shall ever exist. Becos you have foolishly refused to be a Nigerian, you will forever remain a slave by your own making. Relocate to that your small space. #animalfarm.
grin grin grin
Re: So I Finally Went To Enugu. It's Over Hyped by laribari(m): 7:53am On Apr 09, 2018
RenegadeFrost:
Nigeria is a dirty third world shiithole inhabited by monkeys . child labor is legal in Nigeria . The president ,Governors and senators deserve to be skinned alive

Bfore I say anything, please where are you from?
Re: So I Finally Went To Enugu. It's Over Hyped by Saintsquare(m): 7:56am On Apr 09, 2018
laudate:

Enugu, without a single federal government presence, is better than Ibadan?? shocked Erm, isn't the Akanu Ibiam International Airport in Enugu, as well as the NNPC Depot in Emene Enugu, a sign of federal presence? No? Neither is the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH) that used to be at the old site in Enugu, a sign of federal govt presence, before it was relocated to Ituku/Ozalla along the Port-harcourt to Enugu expressway?
See as u open man pikin yansh

2 Likes

Re: So I Finally Went To Enugu. It's Over Hyped by spyder880(m): 8:10am On Apr 09, 2018
lacasera14:
Yes I've seen him. he's been trying to wrap a single fact around the heads of these IPOB dumbskulls but it's not working, from pages 1-3. they've clung unto pictures as if their lives depended on it. The city has no single flyover bridge, no single cinema, no busy express road that shows traffic and influx to prove how development is making it boom with attention, granted I had a bad camera when I went there couldn't take pictures but do they need pictures to admit they don't own a single flyover bridge that contains traffic or perhaps they need pictures to admit they don't own a single cinema. they have all the mediocre pictures they need in their pride of the east thread but my own must show up because a drowning man must leverage anything just to stay afloat. I'm awed by their idiocy and silence is a better treatment. watch how they'll come for me again in sheer stupidity but I rest my case here while you and them can continue wallowing in the apex level of desperation for survival (pics). you think those 3 lane roads in independent layout and natural shrubs that grace it that have refused to go down because of lack of development is all there is to beauty and development.

Sorry, I dont know the "Enugu" you went to, but if its the one in Enugu state, we have at least 10 functional flyovers. I took this picture from the flyover over Abakaliki express road, leading to the international airport in Emene, Enugu.

But, I don't think you went to Enugu at all. There's nobody that can come to Enugu without passing from at least one flyover. There are about 4 ways of entering Enugu state and all involves climbing a flyover into the city.

Even if you flew into the city by air, you must pass 2 flyovers to get to town. Enugu is very well planned, there's this ease of movement that allows one get around very easily.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: So I Finally Went To Enugu. It's Over Hyped by lacasera14(m): 9:12am On Apr 09, 2018
spyder880:

Sorry, I dont know the "Enugu" you went to, but if its the one in Enugu state, we have at least 10 functional flyovers. I took this picture from the flyover over Abakaliki express road, leading to the international airport in Emene, Enugu.

But, I don't think you went to Enugu at all. There's nobody that can come to Enugu without passing from at least one flyover. There are about 4 ways of entering Enugu state and all involves climbing a flyover into the city.

Even if you flew into the city by air, you must pass 2 flyovers to get to town. Enugu is very well planned, there's this ease of movement that allows one get around very easily.
I knew someone will mention this. this was built due to the hilly landscape. it's found everywhere the terrain is not so flat. I meant a flyover bridge in the city center that was built to ease flow of traffic not this one. enugu is hilly, there's spots you get to and have no choice but construct an overhead bridge. even the least developed states have these inevitable bridges. show me something like this

2 Likes

Re: So I Finally Went To Enugu. It's Over Hyped by spyder880(m): 9:21am On Apr 09, 2018
lacasera14:
I knew someone will mention this. this was built due to the hilly landscape. it's found everywhere the terrain is not so flat. I meant a flyover bridge in the city center that was built to ease flow of traffic not this one. enugu is hilly, there's spots you get to and have no choice but construct an overhead bridge. even the least developed states have these inevitable bridges. show me something like this

I noticed that you are trying to shift the argument to bridges now, instead of the flyovers you mentioned in your post. If we built flyovers because of the hilly nature of Enugu, same way others built overhead bridges because they have no hills to exploit. Enugu needs no long bridge, we cannot build what is not needed. Traffic is smooth and flowing, we don't do unneeded projects in Enugu.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: So I Finally Went To Enugu. It's Over Hyped by NonsoWow: 9:40am On Apr 09, 2018
Op, you really hit the nail on the head with this exposive thread. Kudos. This is what I have been hitting on for so long, but because I am from Anambra state that wawa people loathe so much because of our divinely-placed superiority over them, they call me afonja and other things. But the truth must be said no matter what. The dubious practice of some people showing only pictures of independence layout and new haven which make up just 2% of Enugu as the whole of enugu must end. The other 95% of Enugu which includes coal camp, obiagu, abakpa, asata, iva valley, etc wallowing in squalor and poverty must be showcased too because those are the real Enugu where 90% of the wawa population in enugu live.

2 Likes

Re: So I Finally Went To Enugu. It's Over Hyped by ChilledPill: 10:09am On Apr 09, 2018
[s]
NonsoWow:
Op, you really hit the nail on the head with this exposive thread. Kudos. This is what I have been hitting on for so long, but because I am from Anambra state that wawa people loathe so much because of our divinely-placed superiority over them, they call me afonja and other things. But the truth must be said no matter what. The dubious practice of some people showing only pictures of independence layout and new haven which make up just 2% of Enugu as the whole of enugu must end. The other 95% of Enugu which includes coal camp, obiagu, abakpa, asata, iva valley, etc wallowing in squalor and poverty must be showcased too because those are the real Enugu where 90% of the wawa population in enugu live.
[/s]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: So I Finally Went To Enugu. It's Over Hyped by whirlwind7(m): 10:22am On Apr 09, 2018
lacasera14:

Sweet God!!!

I mean, with all the insults, name calling and all, you finally proved that you never visited Enugu! This is probably the reason you couldn't show a single picture, and rather giving lame reasons you decided not to upload any cheesy

So, Enugu doesn't have a single flyover?? grin
See how you ended up mocking yourself. People who would rather descend to name calling and insults, rather than using objective arguments are usually empty and dumb. You've just proved that you're one of them. You seek attention where no one has the time for you. Look elsewhere.

Nobody visits Enugu by air or land and still make those incredible claims in bold you just did up there. Get a life, boy. Your insults mean nothing, because you are nothing.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: So I Finally Went To Enugu. It's Over Hyped by lacasera14(m): 10:49am On Apr 09, 2018
whirlwind7:

Sweet God!!!

I mean, with all the insults, name calling and all, you finally proved that you never visited Enugu! This is probably the reason you couldn't show a single picture, and rather giving lame reasons you decided not to upload any cheesy

So, Enugu doesn't have a single flyover?? grin
See how you ended up mocking yourself. People who would rather descend to name calling and insults, rather than using objective arguments are usually empty and dumb. You've just proved that you're one of them. You seek attention where no one has the time for you. Look elsewhere.

Nobody visits Enugu by air or land and still make those incredible claims in bold you just did up there. Get a life, boy. Your insults mean nothing, because you are nothing.
idiot!! you didn't see my quote on spyders comment? you call those hilly over passes flyovers abi? don't blame you, it's not your fault, it's our duty to educate dumb folks like you that circumstantial hilly flyovers are different from standard bridges with 6 lanes and street lightings built in the city center to ease traffic. incredible claims in bold, granted, show me one cinema. you'll just jump out from no where and start yapping out of ignorance and sincere stupidity.

5 Likes

Re: So I Finally Went To Enugu. It's Over Hyped by lacasera14(m): 11:00am On Apr 09, 2018
Honestly if Enugu is the most developed city in the entire south east then that region is really underdeveloped. SS has PH, BENIN and Uyo is uprising, Calabar is reserved for tourism. North has Kano and Kaduna, West has Lagos Ibadan and Ogun. There highest city can not rub shoulders with other regional counterparts. Yet they'll keep making noise up and down. I know some igbo friends who are smart and know the truth. they'll tell you their region is underdeveloped compared to others because their bigwigs invested in Lagos, PH and the North, leaving their homeland to rot. they'll admit and blame their rich people. but these ones on nairaland, I don't know where they are from sef, they've totally gone haywire with sentiments and needs leashing. Damn!!!!!

6 Likes

Re: So I Finally Went To Enugu. It's Over Hyped by NonsoWow: 11:10am On Apr 09, 2018
lacasera14:
Honestly if Enugu is the most developed city in the entire south east then that region is really underdeveloped. SS has PH, BENIN and Uyo is uprising, Calabar is reserved for tourism. North has Kano and Kaduna, West has Lagos Ibadan and Ogun. There highest city can not rub shoulders with other regional counterparts. Yet they'll keep making noise up and down. I know some igbo friends who are smart and know the truth. they'll tell you their region is underdeveloped compared to others because their bigwigs invested in Lagos, PH and the North, leaving their homeland to rot. they'll admit and blame their rich people. but these ones on nairaland, I don't know where they are from sef, they've totally gone haywire with sentiments and needs leashing. Damn!!!!!
Enugu is not our most developed city. Onitsha is. Enugu is just overhyped because of the vegetation and hills around it that make it look pleasant but it is actually an eyesore when you get to ground zero.
Re: So I Finally Went To Enugu. It's Over Hyped by deomelo: 11:33am On Apr 09, 2018
NonsoWow:
Enugu is not our most developed city. Onitsha is. Enugu is just overhyped because of the vegetation and hills around it that make it look pleasant but it is actually an eyesore when you get to ground zero.

Onitsha the dirtiest city in the world is the best city in the whole of your SE villages?

lol @ from fire to frying pan.

Una don suffer..

grin

1 Like

Re: So I Finally Went To Enugu. It's Over Hyped by whirlwind7(m): 11:37am On Apr 09, 2018
lacasera14:
idiot!! you didn't see my quote on spyders comment? you call those hilly over passes flyovers abi? don't blame you, it's not your fault, it's our duty to educate dumb folks like you that circumstantial hilly flyovers are different from standard bridges with 6 lanes and street lightings built in the city center to ease traffic. incredible claims in bold, granted, show me one cinema. you'll just jump out from no where and start yapping out of ignorance and sincere stupidity.

#yawns#

What else is new?
Idiot
Dumb
Ignorant
Stupid....

Have you run out of insults and name calling?
Didn't know one should ignore hills when building flyovers and overpasses, especially when cost of construction is a factor.
You still need to see a cinema in order to accept that Enugu is at least a decent city? grin

Sorry, neither I nor Enugu needs your endorsement. I'm done with you. Just stew in your deepseated angst.

3 Likes

Re: So I Finally Went To Enugu. It's Over Hyped by NonsoWow: 11:45am On Apr 09, 2018
deomelo:

Onitsha the dirtiest city in the world is the best city in the whole of your SE villages?

lol @ from fire to frying pan.

Una don suffer..

grin
Not dirtiest but The most polluted city in the world. That's nothing to be ashamed of. Mega cities often suffer from pollution due to heavy traffic, industrial emissions, human congestion etc. Pakistan's biggest city Karachi is listed as third most polluted city in the world and yet Pakistan is more developed than most African countries including Nigeria. The point is that Enugu is a laid-back ghetto with plethora of slums. It is no where near Onitsha in terms of development.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: So I Finally Went To Enugu. It's Over Hyped by Nossa(m): 11:54am On Apr 09, 2018
lacasera14:
they started the insult. For anyone to say Enugu is billion light years ahead of Port Harcourt is an Insult to every civilized person in Africa.

I thought you were Yoruba, brag with your Lagos and your South Western states, we didn't ask you to help us compare PH to Enugu, there's more economic activity going on in PH than Enugu so it's only natural to be ahead in terms of infrastructure but then leave PH out of your bigotted thread, we love our brothers more than you can imagine.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: So I Finally Went To Enugu. It's Over Hyped by deomelo: 12:05pm On Apr 09, 2018
NonsoWow:
Not dirtiest but The most polluted city in the world. That's nothing to be ashamed of. Mega cities often suffer from pollution due to heavy traffic, industrial emissions, human congestion etc. Pakistan's biggest city Karachi is listed as third most polluted city in the world and yet Pakistan is more developed than most African countries including Nigeria. The point is that Enugu is a laid-back ghetto with plethora of slums. It is no where near Onitsha in terms of development.

Definition of pollution

1 : the action of polluting especially by environmental contamination with man-made waste; also : the condition of being polluted

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pollution

Onitsha, World's Dirtiest City

Approaching Okpoko market through thick smog on the back of an okada (motorcycle taxi), the natural reaction is to cover your nose to protect yourself from the dust storm – but the effort is futile.

When a lorry zooms past, kicking up yet another red cloud of dirt, a trader turns the head of a sleeping toddler away from the road, a protective act that is as poignant as it is pointless.

This is a typical day in the southern Nigerian port city of Onitsha – which last year gained notoriety when it was ranked the worst city in the world for the staggering levels of PM10 particulate matter in its air.

Onitsha’s mean annual concentration was recorded at 594 micrograms per cubic metre by the World Health Organization – massively exceeding the WHO’s annual guideline limit for PM10s of 20μg/m3.

PM10 refers to coarse dust particles between 10 and 2.5 micrometres in diameter, while PM2.5s are even finer and more dangerous when inhaled, settling deep in a person’s lungs. Sources of both include dust storms, gases emitted by vehicles, all types of combustion, and industrial activities such as cement manufacturing, construction, mining and smelting. Onitsha scores highly on most of the above – as do other rapidly growing Nigerian cities such as Kaduna, Aba and Umuahia, all of which also featured in the WHO’s 20 worst offenders for PM10s.

In Onitsha’s very busy Okpoko market, my air quality monitor registers 140 for PM10s and 70 for PM2.5s – all way over recommended healthy levels, but still nothing compared to the readings triggered in other parts of this densely populated commercial and industrial hub.

The entire vicinity of the market is perpetually dusty, as wood-sellers saw lumber into different shapes and sizes. The air here is made worse by all the fine sand particles that fly off the back of trucks as they visit one of the many dredging companies on the bank of the River Niger, just behind the wood market.

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2017/feb/13/polluted-onitsha-nigeria-perpetual-dust-city-world-worst-air

^^^^^^^^ that's what the UN said about your dirty and stinking village...

Pollution is from dirty and dirty living.

1 Like

Re: So I Finally Went To Enugu. It's Over Hyped by Nobody: 12:11pm On Apr 09, 2018

1 Like

Re: So I Finally Went To Enugu. It's Over Hyped by totit: 12:11pm On Apr 09, 2018
NonsoWow:

What a sad day for haters of truth among your brethen.

So the almighty, paradise enugu that your kingsman praise and worship, the all in all " enugu the pride of the east" is this backward.?

What a disaster! grin

4 Likes

Re: So I Finally Went To Enugu. It's Over Hyped by Cooly100: 12:26pm On Apr 09, 2018
totit:

What a sad day for haters of truth among your brethen.

So the almighty, paradise enugu that your kingsman praise and worship, the all in all " enugu the pride of the east" is this backward.?

What a disaster! grin

So you bucket system afonja believe what your clownish brother posted, than images seen in thread "Enugu the pride of the east"

3 Likes

Re: So I Finally Went To Enugu. It's Over Hyped by NonsoWow: 12:29pm On Apr 09, 2018
deomelo whatever wakes you up in the morning. You can open a thread for that if you wish and post as many old pictures of Onitsha as you want. My concern now is about how to put an end to overhyping Enugu, so that development can get there. Wawa people are really suffering.
Re: So I Finally Went To Enugu. It's Over Hyped by totit: 12:31pm On Apr 09, 2018
Cooly100:

So you bucket system afonja believe what you clownish brother posted, than images seen in thread "Enugu the pride of the east"

Loool
Even, this one is now trying to heal his wounded ego.
But hey!!!? What can I do, how may I heal your wounds now? I can't undo my words, and no amount of your trolling or defense can. Sorry, bro cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: So I Finally Went To Enugu. It's Over Hyped by ikeyman00(m): 12:40pm On Apr 09, 2018
Now lets us quantify issues here

To start with the Afonja media has been lying and getting away with it for years but now Nnamdi kanu has turned all their lies upside down and what do you expect.

Most afonja when they see omo nna in lagos they have the impression man just come from a very poor setting but what then do you expect from a real afonja.

To believe that a real Ogbomoso afonja went to the great East and refuse to post the picture in his phone tells you everything you need to know. All we get it Enugu is over hype hahahha try again now; you could imagine the yeye mofo driving past Onitsha before he headed Enugu he probably want to fall asleep. ndi ara and osu people

And if you think this is a joke try to use public transport when NYSC just get posted to the east i can assure that you will catch them LIVE admitting in the open that EAST is really unbelievable

So when the white colonial master told you that back then they were intrigue the way Igbo arrange their hut ordinal and you still reason like an afonja

6 Likes

Re: So I Finally Went To Enugu. It's Over Hyped by ikeyman00(m): 12:46pm On Apr 09, 2018
point of correction

RenegadeFrost(m): 4:34am
Akwa Ibom should be very developed, but i don't know what's wrong with black people

we are not black; we know who we are; we are people of the SUN

give us what we are asking for and we will demonstrate our capabilities in the OPEN

meanwhile some people are saying NO to em em lipsrsealed Interesting even with the acclaimed big certificate at hand
Re: So I Finally Went To Enugu. It's Over Hyped by Strikethem: 1:44pm On Apr 09, 2018
NonsoWow:
So what you are saying is that onitsa is more of a mega city than Lagos, Ibadan, juhanesbourg, Tokyo, Madrid, London, Cairo, armstadam, Milan, Conakry, Mumbai and yet, they did not names those ones most polluted city. Oga, na dirtiest who means, don't deceive yourself.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Obasanjo Finally Speaks On Maina Scandal, Warns Buhari / Dogara Reacts To The Death Of Tinubu's Son, Jide Tinubu / Obasanjo Visits Femi Fani-Kayode And His Wife At Their Residence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.