Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,606 members, 7,801,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

10 Major Causes Of Male Infertility - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Major Causes Of Male Infertility (38845 Views)

No. 1 Cause Of Male Infertility Is Sturborn Staphylococcus Get Rid Of It Now!! / Seven Causes Of Infertility You Should Know About But Don't / Rhesus Factor Incompatibility, One Of The Causes Of Miscarriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Major Causes Of Male Infertility by IbnIbrahim: 1:18pm On Apr 08, 2018
When couple are having difficulty to conceive after several years of marriage, most of us usually point accusing finger at the wife as if she is the creator. The mother-in-law won't stop at anything to make life unbearable for the wife. Interestingly, researches have shown that the male folks are responsible for about a third of Infertility in couples. This is worth considering so that next time your wife is going for fertility checks, you will do well to accompany her to do a check on yourself too. The following are the common causes of Infertility in males:

1.Sperm delivery trouble

There are a number of things that can keep sperm from getting to its destination. Premature ejaculation, a blockage in the testicles, a varicocele (a blockage in the tube coming out of the testicle that delivers sperm) and even a blockage of the vas deferens can all cause problems with sperm getting where it needs to be.

2. Health and lifestyle concerns

Obesity, alcohol use, improper nutrition and smoking can all impact your fertility to varying degrees.

3. Drug use or abuse

Some drugs can impair fertility, even if they help with some other health concern. Abuse of drugs, especially anabolic steroids and opiates, have also been linked to infertility in men.

4. Environmental factors

Exposure to chemicals such as pesticides or the hormones used in birth control pills can lessen your fertility. Frequent exposure of the testicles to heat can, too. Handling of heavy metals is another environmental concern.

5. Sperm production problems

There are a number of reasons why you might not be producing sperm or enough sperm, such as a genetic factor, infections (either of the reproductive tract or systemic infections) and even undescended testicles.

6. Age

While men can still be fertile well into their golden years, fertility tends to decrease significantly beginning in your late 30s, with a marked decline after the age of 45.

7.Cancer and cancer treatments

Testicular cancer can impair fertility. Removal of the testicles (one or both) can also cause infertility. Radiation and chemotherapy both have potentially devastating effects on fertility, too.

8. Stress

While the degree to which stress impacts fertility is debated, there is evidence to suggest that regular unmanaged stress can be a factor in infertility for both men and women.

9. Hormone imbalances

Some men have problems with the endocrine system and the way it manages their fertility. It might be an overproduction of certain hormones that interferes with your balance of sex hormones, or it might be something like low testosterone levels.

10. Illness
Everything from gonorrhea to influenza to the mumps can all cause problems with male infertility. Other conditions that can affect your fertility include tuberculosis, typhoid, syphilis, smallpox and chlamydia.

http://www.hotproforum.com/topic1106.html

3 Likes

Re: 10 Major Causes Of Male Infertility by raphealolami(m): 3:27pm On Apr 08, 2018
Tell me more

I heard masturbation and radiator from mobile phones in the pocket, dont know how true that is.

8 Likes

Re: 10 Major Causes Of Male Infertility by Lekan6ix: 3:27pm On Apr 08, 2018
The guy above me is an enemy of progress. You deny me the opportunity of getting FTC.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Major Causes Of Male Infertility by stepo707: 3:27pm On Apr 08, 2018
sad
Typhoid
Re: 10 Major Causes Of Male Infertility by grrr: 3:28pm On Apr 08, 2018
Re: 10 Major Causes Of Male Infertility by Avedonn: 3:28pm On Apr 08, 2018
Low sperm count and dead sperm cells are the major factors of male infertility the remaining are secondary.

80% of couples infertility comes from women due to so many reasons. But the main culprit of women infertility in Nigerian is constant abortion especially those within the age of 17 to 30 years.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Major Causes Of Male Infertility by grrr: 3:28pm On Apr 08, 2018
. shocked
Re: 10 Major Causes Of Male Infertility by Jh0wsef(m): 3:30pm On Apr 08, 2018
Re: 10 Major Causes Of Male Infertility by RuddyFusion(m): 3:30pm On Apr 08, 2018
Good one OP......

You may want to read - Sperm Conditions that causes infertility in men http://fusionnestng.com/sperm-conditions-that-causes-male-infertility-azoospermia

And

7 Factors to consider when choosing a fertility clinic - http://fusionnestng.com/factors-to-consider-when-choosing-a-fertility-clinic

And

Fertility Questions to ask your doctor before IVF Treatment - http://fusionnestng.com/ivf-treatment-questions-to-ask-your-doctor

Re: 10 Major Causes Of Male Infertility by StrongandMighty: 3:30pm On Apr 08, 2018
So wanking is not among shocked?
Nothing is stopping Vaseline crew again..
Dm me for your Vaseline at an affordable price

14 Likes

Re: 10 Major Causes Of Male Infertility by Topmaike007(m): 3:31pm On Apr 08, 2018
wow pls tell me more..
Re: 10 Major Causes Of Male Infertility by Aldebaran(m): 3:34pm On Apr 08, 2018
Good Info
Re: 10 Major Causes Of Male Infertility by MNDY(m): 3:34pm On Apr 08, 2018
Don't have sex often or masturbate often. That way your sperm thickens and increases in amount.

8 Likes

Re: 10 Major Causes Of Male Infertility by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 08, 2018
You forgot to add thier village people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Major Causes Of Male Infertility by Olalan(m): 3:34pm On Apr 08, 2018
Seems the so much local parlance emphasis on high sugar intake causing infertility is a fallacy after all

1 Like

Re: 10 Major Causes Of Male Infertility by Soljaboi44(m): 3:35pm On Apr 08, 2018
m
Re: 10 Major Causes Of Male Infertility by countsparrow: 3:35pm On Apr 08, 2018
OP, u no add eating of Okro soup...

Na so person tell me say okro soup dey make man impotent, now if i see okro food coming this way, i run the other way grin

9 Likes

Re: 10 Major Causes Of Male Infertility by datola: 3:37pm On Apr 08, 2018
Good info except fo number 6.

I doubt age has much impact on men's fertility. I'm not talking of very very old age anyway.
Re: 10 Major Causes Of Male Infertility by Abdullah111: 3:38pm On Apr 08, 2018
Interesting [img][/img][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: 10 Major Causes Of Male Infertility by Emeka71(m): 3:38pm On Apr 08, 2018
raphealolami:
Tell me more

I heard masturbation and radiator from mobile phones in the pocket, dont know how true that is.
I don't know about masturbation ; radiation from mobile phones in the pocket kills sperm cells because of the proximity.
Re: 10 Major Causes Of Male Infertility by sekundosekundo: 3:40pm On Apr 08, 2018
IbnIbrahim:
When couple are having difficulty to conceive after several years of marriage, most of us usually point accusing finger at the wife as if she is the creator. The mother-in-law won't stop at anything to make life unbearable for the wife. Interestingly, researches have shown that the male folks are responsible for about a third of Infertility in couples. This is worth considering so that next time your wife is going for fertility checks, you will do well to accompany her to do a check on yourself too. The following are the common causes of Infertility in males:

1.Sperm delivery trouble

There are a number of things that can keep sperm from getting to its destination. Premature ejaculation, a blockage in the testicles, a varicocele (a blockage in the tube coming out of the testicle that delivers sperm) and even a blockage of the vas deferens can all cause problems with sperm getting where it needs to be.

2. Health and lifestyle concerns

Obesity, alcohol use, improper nutrition and smoking can all impact your fertility to varying degrees.

3. Drug use or abuse

Some drugs can impair fertility, even if they help with some other health concern. Abuse of drugs, especially anabolic steroids and opiates, have also been linked to infertility in men.

4. Environmental factors

Exposure to chemicals such as pesticides or the hormones used in birth control pills can lessen your fertility. Frequent exposure of the testicles to heat can, too. Handling of heavy metals is another environmental concern.

5. Sperm production problems

There are a number of reasons why you might not be producing sperm or enough sperm, such as a genetic factor, infections (either of the reproductive tract or systemic infections) and even undescended testicles.

6. Age

While men can still be fertile well into their golden years, fertility tends to decrease significantly beginning in your late 30s, with a marked decline after the age of 45.

7.Cancer and cancer treatments

Testicular cancer can impair fertility. Removal of the testicles (one or both) can also cause infertility. Radiation and chemotherapy both have potentially devastating effects on fertility, too.

8. Stress

While the degree to which stress impacts fertility is debated, there is evidence to suggest that regular unmanaged stress can be a factor in infertility for both men and women.

9. Hormone imbalances

Some men have problems with the endocrine system and the way it manages their fertility. It might be an overproduction of certain hormones that interferes with your balance of sex hormones, or it might be something like low testosterone levels.

10. Illness
Everything from gonorrhea to influenza to the mumps can all cause problems with male infertility. Other conditions that can affect your fertility include tuberculosis, typhoid, syphilis, smallpox and chlamydia.

http://www.hotproforum.com/topic1106.html

Masturbation nko?
Re: 10 Major Causes Of Male Infertility by begwong: 3:44pm On Apr 08, 2018
Eating pure groundnut oil
Re: 10 Major Causes Of Male Infertility by okerekeikpo: 3:49pm On Apr 08, 2018
Buhari factor

1 Like

Re: 10 Major Causes Of Male Infertility by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 08, 2018
Olalan:
Seems the so much local parlance emphasis on high sugar intake causing infertility is a fallacy after all

High sugar intake only leads to erectile disfunction (weak erection) which is different from infertility.
Re: 10 Major Causes Of Male Infertility by Thesia(f): 3:55pm On Apr 08, 2018
Avedonn:
Low sperm count and dead sperm cells are the major factors of male infertility the remaining are secondary.

80% of couples infertility comes from women due to so many reasons. But the main culprit of women infertility in Nigerian is constant abortion especially those within the age of 17 to 30 years.
It not true, sometimes the problem is from men...
And also abortion is not totally the cause of infertility, u can check it up on Google....
Re: 10 Major Causes Of Male Infertility by vicola0281: 4:01pm On Apr 08, 2018
hehe May God have mercy o
Re: 10 Major Causes Of Male Infertility by voadewumi: 4:02pm On Apr 08, 2018
Nice one op, but really I want to know what causes early morning erection and how to manage it, cos it is really embarrassing some times when u wake and their is a lady not far from you... You will be embarrased

1 Like

Re: 10 Major Causes Of Male Infertility by cchiagom(f): 4:04pm On Apr 08, 2018
Lekan6ix:
The guy above me is an enemy of progress. You deny me the opportunity of getting FTC.

Just forgive
Re: 10 Major Causes Of Male Infertility by moscobabs(m): 4:06pm On Apr 08, 2018
Avedonn:

What could have caused infertility for a woman u married as virgin at 29 ?

Thanks
Re: 10 Major Causes Of Male Infertility by Gerrard59(m): 4:06pm On Apr 08, 2018
Avedonn:

Cite your sources 'cos I'm 100% sure your information is false.
Re: 10 Major Causes Of Male Infertility by OgahBohz: 4:07pm On Apr 08, 2018
but too much fucking cannot cause it abi..
eg sex every day ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

594 New COVID-19 Cases, 209 Discharged And 7 Deaths On June 25 - (2935 Tested) / Lagos Confirms One COVID-19 Death / How Do I Boost My Immune System?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.