Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Warning :- Custom Duty Check - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Warning :- Custom Duty Check (1119 Views)

40 Honda Dashboard Warning Lights And What They Mean / Do I Need To Pay Custom Duty If I Buy Innoson Car? / See Hilarious Warning Written On A Truck In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warning :- Custom Duty Check by saintjoel(m): 11:02am On Apr 09, 2018
Good morning,

Some people on Nairaland know that my agency runs checks on duty documents and we've been doing that for years.

It's so unfortunate that some dealers and importers want to take advantage of this service to scam their clients. That is why I've decided to create this thread to serve as a warning to whoever wants to buy vehicles or has imported vehicles into Nigeria and wants to verify their docs.

I've had one, two, three many calls from dealers and they'll tell me that once they call me for duty check, I should just tell them that the papers are genuine.. One even told me that he was ready to pay N10,000 if I could just tell his client over the speaker that his documents are genuine..

Sir/Ma, always make sure that you're the one checking the documents yourself, don't rely on any third party.

If you doubt my genuiness or you think that I will run away with your N3,000 after you've paid, the customs offices in Lagos are as follows :-

1. Zone A Customs office - Barikisu Iyede St, Onike, Lagos

2. Nigerian customs service ( F. O. U) - Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way, Opebi, Ikeja

3. NIgerian customs service (AREA COMMAND) - Seme border, Lagos.

4. Custom house - Tin Can Island Port, Apapa, Lagos.

Make use of these offices if you are near them to personally verify your documents before you purchase a vehicle or before you accept a consignment that has just been cleared for you.

I have also posted a warning on my thread but I know some Nigerians don't take their time to read through threads, that's why I've created this one.

Thanks and God bless.

Lalasticala or mynd44, whoever is the mod incharge should please lock this thread, thanks.

8 Likes

Re: Warning :- Custom Duty Check by chukel(m): 2:00pm On Apr 09, 2018
D
Re: Warning :- Custom Duty Check by thebigkendo(m): 2:33pm On Apr 09, 2018
chukel:
D

Baba don vex smiley
Re: Warning :- Custom Duty Check by olumide4christ: 6:32pm On Apr 09, 2018
saintjoel:
Good morning,

Some people on Nairaland know that my agency runs checks on duty documents and we've been doing that for years.

It's so unfortunate that some dealers and importers want to take advantage of this service to scam their clients. That is why I've decided to create this thread to serve as a warning to whoever wants to buy vehicles or has imported vehicles into Nigeria and wants to verify their docs.

I've had one, two, three many calls from dealers and they'll tell me that once they call me for duty check, I should just tell them that the papers are genuine.. One even told me that he was ready to pay N10,000 if I could just tell his client over the speaker that his documents are genuine..

Sir/Ma, always make sure that you're the one checking the documents yourself, don't rely on any third party.

If you doubt my genuiness or you think that I will run away with your N3,000 after you've paid, the customs offices in Lagos are as follows :-

1. Zone A Customs office - Barikisu Iyede St, Onike, Lagos

2. Nigerian customs service ( F. O. U) - Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way, Opebi, Ikeja

3. NIgerian customs service (AREA COMMAND) - Seme border, Lagos.

4. Custom house - Tin Can Island Port, Apapa, Lagos.

Make use of these offices if you are near them to personally verify your documents before you purchase a vehicle or before you accept a consignment that has just been cleared for you.

I have also posted a warning on my thread but I know some Nigerians don't take their time to read through threads, that's why I've created this one.

Thanks and God bless.

Lalasticala or mynd44, whoever is the mod incharge should please lock this thread, thanks.

This is timely, Gbenga and very good of you to warn Nigerians of this scam. God bless you for your sincerity!

Keep on the good work....you'll surely get more clients and referrals by God's grace!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Mazda Trend / I Need Clean And Best Golf 3 / Join The Peugeot Drivers Forum On Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.