Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

In Need Of French Speaking Pals - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / In Need Of French Speaking Pals (1650 Views)

New BB PIN, New Pals. / Nigeria's Biggest Dating Site Native Pals.com / Text Pals Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Need Of French Speaking Pals by nat138: 12:00am On May 13, 2010
[size=8pt]Hi house,
Please am in need of French speaking pals on Nairaland from any francophone country
or better still if there are any French speakers in Nigeria, it will be fantastic.
Really want to learn the language but haven't got time to enrol in a French language centre
so it will be really helpful if I can connect with any French speakers in the house.
Thanks
[/size]
Re: In Need Of French Speaking Pals by softtouch2(m): 6:09am On May 13, 2010
You dont need a pal before you can speak french. French is one of the easiest language to understand, most especially if you can read and write English & Yoruba language it become more easy. You can get a lot of audio and text materials online, only dedication and ur determination will be the special requirement.
I never travel outside Nigeria before I learn my french, but now I can boldly say "I can't get lost in ANY FRANCO environment including Paris."
Presently, I am learning German, althought I am into Engineering field. Learning for me is like a fun.

Note after all your learning, you can start listening to News in french e.g rfi & L'afrique numero un, both on SW radio, etc. But, if you can get enough audio materials it will help you a lot.
Re: In Need Of French Speaking Pals by iice(f): 6:18am On May 13, 2010
Easy ke. . .when pronunciation and spelling don't match.
When did Yoruba come to be like french? grin

Chaiii grin
Re: In Need Of French Speaking Pals by Nobody: 8:38am On May 13, 2010
soft-touch:

You dont need a pal before you can speak french. French is one of the easiest language to understand, most especially if you can read and write English & Yoruba language it become more easy. You can get a lot of audio and text materials online, only dedication and your determination will be the special requirement.
I never travel outside Nigeria before I learn my french, but now I can boldly say "I can't get lost in ANY FRANCO environment including Paris."
Presently, I am learning German, althought I am into Engineering field. Learning for me is like a fun.

Note after all your learning, you can start listening to News in french e.g rfi & L'afrique numero un, both on SW radio, etc. But, if you can get enough audio materials it will help you a lot.

For your mind?, french is not all that easy because it is not translated straight from English, and every noun must have a masculine or feminine attached to it though it is an interesting language to learn,
Spanish and Italian are very easy.
Re: In Need Of French Speaking Pals by softtouch2(m): 9:31am On May 13, 2010
I find french difficult at a start, But now, I know french is not difficult.
iice:

Easy ke. . .when pronunciation and spelling don't match.
When did Yoruba come to be like french? grin

Chaiii grin

French pronunciation of most of his syllable and yoruba syllable are just the same!, ask anyone who understand Yoruba Language(at academic level) and did French at advance level.

1 Like

Re: In Need Of French Speaking Pals by softtouch2(m): 9:46am On May 13, 2010
olibyno:

For your mind?, french is not all that easy because it is not translated straight from English, and every noun must have a masculine or feminine attached to it though it is an interesting language to learn,
Spanish and Italian are very easy.

You maybe right that french is not that easy (only at start), but when you know french then you will know it is easy. To me french is easier than English, because french follows same rule except for few occassion, we only see English as easy because we were all born into english-environment.

I have not try learning spanish or italian, but I the two language must be easy too. When my German reach proficiency level, I may give Spanish a try 'cos of large speaking spanish commuinty in southern-america.
Re: In Need Of French Speaking Pals by Nobody: 10:41am On May 13, 2010
soft-touch:

You maybe right that french is not that easy (only at start), but when you know french then you will know it is easy. To me french is easier than English, because french follows same rule except for few occassion, we only see English as easy because we were all born into english-environment.

I have not try learning spanish or italian, but I the two language must be easy too. When my German reach proficiency level, I may give Spanish a try 'cos of large speaking spanish commuinty in southern-america.

easier than English? french? well, thats your opinion.
as for spanish and italian, you can study it on your own if you've got the materials (their dictionary e.t.c),
because you can write a sentence in english and translate it directly with the aid of the dictionary but you can never ever do so with french. don't worry by the time you go for spanish or italian lesons the yu would understand better.
Tu comprehends?[s][/s]
j'aime beacoup francaise pourqui c'est defacile![s][/s]
(hope i got it right coz it's been long meeen)
Re: In Need Of French Speaking Pals by softtouch2(m): 11:42am On May 13, 2010
olibyno:

as for spanish and italian, you can study it on your own if you've got the materials (their dictionary e.t.c),
because you can write a sentence in english and translate it directly with the aid of the dictionary but you can never ever do so with french. don't worry by the time you go for spanish or italian lesons the yu would understand better.
Tu comprehends?[s][/s]

Oui, Je vous comprend bien.
And I can see it's been long really.
Re: In Need Of French Speaking Pals by nat138: 11:36pm On May 13, 2010
[size=8pt][size=8pt][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][size=8pt]hey guys, thanks for ur comments,
@soft touch, I have tried learning it online but just keep stopping
at some point, meanwhile I think is better to have a teacher kind of for these things
such as language learning to work out.
[/font][/font][/size][/size][/size]
Re: In Need Of French Speaking Pals by softtouch2(m): 5:05pm On May 14, 2010
nat138:

[size=8pt][size=8pt][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][size=8pt]hey guys, thanks for your comments,
@soft touch, I have tried learning it online but just keep stopping
at some point, meanwhile I think is better to have a teacher kind of for these things
such as language learning to work out.
[/font][/font][/size][/size][/size]

We learn at different space and speed, My former tutor once told me years back (She did French at University level) that only way to LEARN FASTER is to live around the people that speak the language. Hence, She normally travel to Cote d'Ivoire and Togo during holidays and Nigerian strikes (around 1993, aftermath of June 12) to develop her accent. Since after her NYSC she has been living in & out of West-Africa francos, now she speaks french like French Journalist.
Depending on ur work schedule, you might start giving it a try.
Or Get register at a certified french study center, we have one in Ibadan and Badagry (Lagos), you can easily have a nice hook-up pal most especially at Badagry Center
Re: In Need Of French Speaking Pals by oracular: 4:24pm On Jun 10, 2010
i learnt french while serving in jos 2007 at alliance francais de jos, it was a solid experience and i have written DELF A1 AND A2, still learning it and hoping to attain DELF B2 status, it's an interesting language and i love it, j'aime bien la langue, anyoen can try rocketfrench.com for their 6day free french programme.

they'll end up sending you french lessons for the rest of your life, french is good since africa is largely francophone than anglophone, i'm learning german now at rocketgerman.com, languages are good for international marketability
Re: In Need Of French Speaking Pals by dani1luv: 4:36pm On Jun 10, 2010
La aprehendis', tu tse, ma tigusiedis, le panure, la pape', Comprehende grin
Re: In Need Of French Speaking Pals by oni4gold: 6:41pm On Jun 10, 2010
ok, you can communicate with me for conversations in french language and from time to time and exchange of ideas on how to master the language.? ibramud05@yahoo.co.uk
Re: In Need Of French Speaking Pals by Creamish(f): 3:37pm On Jun 16, 2010
olibyno:

Tu comprehends?[s][/s]

LOL. . . ca fait longtemps pour moi aussi . . . mais ce n'est pas mal comme ca . . grin

oracular:

i learnt french while serving in jos 2007 at alliance francais de jos, it was a solid experience and i have written DELF A1 AND A2, still learning it and hoping to attain DELF B2 status, it's an interesting language and i love it, j'aime bien la langue, anyoen can try rocketfrench.com for their 6day free french programme.

they'll end up sending you french lessons for the rest of your life, french is good since africa is largely francophone than anglophone, i'm learning german now at rocketgerman.com, languages are good for international marketability

. . .wrote DELF A2 and B1 together . . . A2 was easy, B1. . a bit challenging . . but it was fun all thru . . . wish i culd be around french speakers as well cheesy
Re: In Need Of French Speaking Pals by taflilou: 3:02am On Sep 06, 2011
hellooooooooo
am a native french speaker
holla @ me
Re: In Need Of French Speaking Pals by Nayah(f): 9:15am On Sep 06, 2011
Hi poster, as a French I can help you if you want
@Soft-touch you're the only one telling French is easier than English, in fact French is really hard for student because of the numerous tenses, exceptions and syntaxis

French grammar is really hard even for some French, believe me
Re: In Need Of French Speaking Pals by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 06, 2011
subscribing for online lessons.
Re: In Need Of French Speaking Pals by taflilou: 10:04pm On Jan 30, 2012
if u want to learn french, u have to try to speak
if u want i can help u
add me on skype: abdelloz
Re: In Need Of French Speaking Pals by Nobody: 3:43am On Jan 31, 2012
^^ ok
Re: In Need Of French Speaking Pals by SkyRider1(m): 10:56am On Feb 01, 2012
think i should learn a new language. one can never tell what might come out it.

Ooo Lala!!! (did i get it?)
Re: In Need Of French Speaking Pals by gasplant: 4:57pm On Apr 14, 2012
Re: In Need Of French Speaking Pals by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 22, 2017
softtouch2:
You dont need a pal before you can speak french. French is one of the easiest language to understand, most especially if you can read and write English & Yoruba language it become more easy. You can get a lot of audio and text materials online, only dedication and ur determination will be the special requirement.

bro. Pls fear God small. French easy keh? With all the silent letters and irregular verb conjugation? Oga pls oo
Re: In Need Of French Speaking Pals by softtouch2(m): 10:03pm On Jul 22, 2017
durentchigozie:
bro. Pls fear God small. French easy keh? With all the silent letters and irregular verb conjugation? Oga pls oo

Everyone with his own calling. Someone told me Spanish and Italian are easier, I never call him names, different stroke for different people. Do what is easier for you.

1 Like

Re: In Need Of French Speaking Pals by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 23, 2017
softtouch2:

Everyone with his own calling. Someone told me Spanish and Italian are easier, I never call him names, different stroke for different people. Do what is easier for you.
spanish and italian are far easier.

(1) (Reply)

Satani22 And Upendu98 Like Eachother But Don't Know How To Act Upon It / Hook Me Up: For Badass Chicks That Live In Ughelli, Delta State. / Ladies Whatsapp group chat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.