Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,760 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP (15544 Views)

'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo / Traffic In Lagos As VP Osinbajo Visits (Photos) / Jonathan Nominates Obanikoro, Six Others As Ministers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by naijacann: 2:25am On May 13, 2010
Pres. Jonathan has nominated the Governor of Kaduna, an Architect as new Vice President.  His name has been submitted to both national houses of congress for confirmation.

Read,
http://www.tribune.com.ng.nyud.net/index.php/front-page-news/5315-jonathan-picks-sambo-as-vp-nass-to-unveil-him-today-president-ll-contest-in-2011-aide
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by newintexas: 2:49am On May 13, 2010
Will there ever be a time when the president or vice president does not have to be northerner?. Just wandering.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by ritaNL: 3:16am On May 13, 2010
newintexas:

Will there ever be a time when the president or vice president does not have to be northerner?. Just wandering.

We dont need anybody to tell us Oga Jona is going to take nigeria 20 steps back.I see no reason why he will pick a northerner again,guess he's trying to please OBJ.
Goodluck is going to be another bad luck to Nigeria cry
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Omolulu(m): 3:19am On May 13, 2010
what is becomrich saying again?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Odunnu: 3:51am On May 13, 2010
Omolulu:

what is becomrich saying again?
U took literally off my mouth.Same question,same choice of words!
Bia guy,u be winch?lol
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Omolulu(m): 4:10am On May 13, 2010
Odunnu:

U took literally off my mouth.Same question,same choice of words!
Bia guy,u be winch?lol
i dey learn small small grin
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Odunnu: 4:31am On May 13, 2010
Make sure say u go 'certified' institute.You'l get d best in Benin kingdom.LOL
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by naijacann: 4:44am On May 13, 2010
@Odunnu,
You look so gorgeous. Can we get to know ourselves better, I like wat I see
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by OAM4J: 4:54am On May 13, 2010
ok o!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by OAM4J: 5:16am On May 13, 2010
just saw his picture.

Is there anyone that has his past records?

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by paddylo1(m): 6:03am On May 13, 2010
[img]http://thewillnigeria.com/thumbnail.php?file=Namadi_Sambo__Jonathan_Goodluck_667436025.jpg&size=article_medium[/img]

[b]NAMADI SAMBO PROFILE
Arc. Mohammed Namadi sambo was born on the 2ND of august, 1952 in zaria, kaduna state of nigeria.

He is married with six children

Arc. Mohammed namadi sambo started his educational career between the year 1959 at baptist primary school kakuri, kaduna and kobi pirmary school in bauchi.

Between 1967 to 1971, he attended government secondary school now alhuda-huda college in zaria.

Again, from 1972 to 1973, he atteded the school of basic studies at the ahmadu bello university, zaria

In 1973, he gained admission into the famous department of architecture ahmadu bellow university, zaria and graudated in 1986 with bachelor of science degree with honors in architecture (b.sc. (hons) and holds a masters degree (m.sc.) Architecture in 1978. As a fresh graduate in august 1978 hes served with the oyo state ministry of works and housing for the compulsory national youth service corps scheme up to the end of august 1979.

When bauchi state was created in 1976, the prospects of career advancement was provided by the new government. He gained employment with the new state and served the state government as the first set of architects that were involved in the design of various offices and staff housing

Schemes ot accommodate the inflow of new government officials. He was also provided with the honour and privilege of being the architect responsible for the upgrading of the yankari games reserve holiday resort during this period.

Governor Sambo has worked with President Jonathan(then the VP) at the National Economic Council and on Power Projects.[/b]

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Nigerd(m): 6:32am On May 13, 2010
I like this guy, he can work with the president, sure,
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by rebranded(m): 6:34am On May 13, 2010
becomrich7:

Jonathan best option would have been Turai [/b]or Bukola saraki.  But he made a mistake to pick Yar adua nephew  as minister.  So I dont know if he can still pick turai again. That may create a problem for him. The reason why [b]Turai [/b]may be better than Yuguda, is that Turai can help him capture some key state. Bauchi,kebbi, katsina at least. and win women vote. but some northerner state may not like that too. since turai is  a woman. If we remove that fact of been a woman. [b]Turai would help him at the poll. Or Pick Abdullahi , Turai brother. If the picture they posted online is really Abdullahi and turai family.  I say pick him.

Oga Becomrich, No nowww!, how can you suggest Turai or Turai's brother
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by hardywaltz(m): 7:05am On May 13, 2010
This becomrich fellow is just crazy.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Odunnu: 7:20am On May 13, 2010
naijacann:

@Odunnu,
You look so gorgeous. Can we get to know ourselves better, I like wat I see
Thnx Sir 4d compliment.And Yes u kan knw me betta if u set ur heart 2it.
Impossible is nothing

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by mahal(m): 7:32am On May 13, 2010
This Sambo guy seems to be the only northern governor not mentioned by the press as a possible candidate,
this is precious!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by akinjosh(m): 7:35am On May 13, 2010
am scared of the north snatching the presidency from president Goodluck Jonathan come 2011. I hope he knows what he is doing
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Oyecorp(m): 7:44am On May 13, 2010
Mr president is preparing for the election 2011.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by thosinebro: 8:47am On May 13, 2010
Some peep are gradually turning this page to a romance section .
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Odunnu: 9:02am On May 13, 2010
thosinebro:

Some peep are gradually turning this page to a romance section .
What do u have to say abt d news dat Pres GJ has nominatd d gov of KD state as hs vice?
Stick to the news and if u got nothn 2offr,plz move on.ThankU.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by ajalio(f): 9:11am On May 13, 2010
becomrich7:

I think Jonathan should not pick vice president yet.

Here is the main problem Jonathan has. On Jonathan ticket, if he pick a vice presdient now. His rival would have the choice to pick for the president. Since his rival may be a Yoruba or northerner. He would likely pick a Yoruba or Igbo or northerner

There are only 6 option

1.  If Jonathan rival is an Igboman, Jonathan would win.    JONATHAN WIN

2.   If jonathan rival is a northerner , If that northerner picks a Yoruba , And Jonathan does not have a Yoruba person on the ticket. The northerner would win.       NORTHERNER WINS

3.   If Jonathan rival is a northerner and Picks an Igbo as vice president.  Jonathan would win. Since Lagos, edo,delta, ondo, oyo, osun,kwara, kogi, benue, taraba, plateau, ondo, ekiti, Akwa Ibom, Cross rivers,ogun bayelsa = 16 state    JONATHAN WINS

4.   If the Yoruba man pick an Igbo man as vice president. He would get at least 17 states and only need 1 more state to be president. Lagos, edo,delta, ondo, oyo, osun,kwara, kogi,ondo, ekiti, imo, anambra, enugu, ebonyi,rivers(ikwerre), abia,ogun = 17 state because people would prefer to have 2 southerner on the ticket than one southerner.  YORUBA WINS.

5.   If His rival is a Yorubaman and pick a northerner, and Jonathan picks a northerner. The igbo vote would determine the election. If the Yoruba man is a muslim and Jonathan been a chistain. The Yorubaman would beat Jonathan at the poll. Because the north would prefer a muslim than Jonathan.  That Yoruba muslim would win.     YORUBA WINS

6.   If the Igbo man pick a Yoruba man as vice president. since Jonathan ticket would not have a yoruba or igbo on it.  He would get at least 17 states and only need 1 more state to be president. Lagos, edo,delta, ondo, oyo, osun,kwara, kogi,ondo, ekiti, imo, anambra, enugu, ebonyi,rivers(ikwerre), abia,ogun = 17 state because people would prefer to have 2 southerner on the ticket than one southerner.      IGBO WINS

With the niger state governor. You only check IBB but that is not enough to win. Ahmed Yayale . can not put vote for him.

Jonathan best option would have been Turai or Bukola saraki.  But he made a mistake to pick Yar adua nephew  as minister.  So I dont know if he can still pick turai again. That may create a problem for him. The reason why Turai may be better than Yuguda, is that Turai can help him capture some key state. Bauchi,kebbi, katsina at least. and win women vote. but some northerner state may not like that too. since turai is  a woman. If we remove that fact of been a woman. Turai would help him at the poll. Or Pick Abdullahi , Turai brother. If the picture they posted online is really Abdullahi and turai family.  I say pick him.

why Bukola saraki. Two things works for Bukola saraki. He is a northerner/Yoruba/fulani at the same time. help him to capture the yorubas and some middle belt state. That means no other member of the saraki family can run for office. The other real  combination with Bukola would not sweep Yorubaland is if the rival party picks a Yoruba as president candidate. Most likely. And they are likely to pick a Yorubas.    If he pick saraki, He is playing safe. It give him a nearly close to 90% of winning, if the other party pick a northerner. It does not matter who the other party pick, even IBB. He would win.

The best  for jonathan is to wait  and see who others pick as vice president, I mean IBB and others. 

The disadvantage is if Jonathan pick anyone from the far north, He is likely not going to get up to 30% , if the other party pick a northerner. He may want to play safe with saraki.  And hope to win Plateau and Taraba. While lossing all part of Igboland.
Jonathan should not count on igbo vote, because the igbo want the presidency or vice president.

If he does not wait, it make it easy checkmating Him.

Just a simple question.

WHEN WOULD NIGERIA WIN?

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Nobody: 9:18am On May 13, 2010
Odunnu:

What do u have to say abt d news dat Pres GJ has nominatd d gov of KD state as hs vice?
Stick to the news and if u got nothn 2offr,plz move on.ThankU.

@Odunnu easy o, abeg, the young man has been nominated as our new Moderator
his name has been submitted to nairaland house of congress for confirmation, shocked embarassed

The man is a pure civillian though i don't really know much about him, atleast he is far better than those ex-generals, ex-militants, lets keep our fingers crossed
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by abt(m): 9:21am On May 13, 2010
Very well calculated move by Jonathan, This guy is good for the job & at thesame time will increase his popularity for 2011.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by naso2(m): 9:33am On May 13, 2010
rita@NL:

We dont need anybody to tell us Oga Jona is going to take nigeria 20 steps back.I see no reason why he will pick a northerner again,guess he's trying to please OBJ.

make i laugh small first grin grin grin. what are you saying? have you seen the map of nigeria lately? have you ever seen a north-north ticket in poltics or a south-south ticket? so Jonathan should have picked a southerner? maybe Igbo or yoruba?

Please and please we dont need a rocket scientist to tell us that it always had to be a northerner.

While I am learning to moderate my expectations from GJ, I think this is a very wise political move, if he harbours any ambition for 2011.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by fatherab1: 9:47am On May 13, 2010
Mohammed Namadi Sambo is the Vice President-designate of Federal Republic of Nigeria. He was appointed Vice President on 12th May 2010. Pending confirmation by both houses of the National Assembly, he would assume office. An architect by training, Sambo is an alumnus of the Ahmadu Bello University in Zaria.[1]

When Governor Arch Mohammed Namadi Sambo assumed office at Sir Kashim Ibrahim House (Government House May 29, 2007) Kaduna, the administration came in with the priority goal of running a government that is dedicated to the service of collective interests of the State as necessitated by the peculiar socio political and economic environment. Namadi’s 11 point Agenda for the state is an epoch vision, principled and guided by matching words with action. Governor Arch Namadi Sambo has continued to run an open and responsive government. He has been exhibiting the principles of fairness, social justice, and equity and has always ensured sound financial management, transparency and the guarantee of efficiency and good governance. Apart from the enormous support being rendered to the Security Agencies in the state, the administration has created Operation Yaki to rapidly respond to security and maintenance of peace all around the metropolis and environs in the state.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by sheriffman(m): 9:52am On May 13, 2010
@ for Becomepoor I dont read his comments again,I just scroll through to the next one in line.
Now coming to the subject matter,I personally think dat Sambo is a very bad choice,I stay in kaduna and know what KD is like presently as compared to the level of development we had @ this piont in time during Makarfi's tenure.I personally believe that Makarfi is a much more better and sell able candidate for the choice if a V.P.And lets not forget that they key here is to get a good candidate that can stand his ground against Banbangida.this is what definitely what Sambo cannot offer.He is seen as a small boy in the scheme of things.Makarfi was a guvnor for 8 yrs and now in d senate,is a more viable option than fine boy Sambo,we need to see beyond his good looks.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by houvest: 9:59am On May 13, 2010
good choice on the face of it. time will tell.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Sagamite(m): 10:12am On May 13, 2010
newintexas:

rita@NL:

It would be difficult to exclude the majority from top positions in a democracy in a nation where people strongly identify with tribes. Deal with it!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by edoyad(m): 10:15am On May 13, 2010
Jonathan is such a tortoise grin , hausa people will commit suicide left, right and center lol. First he steals presidency from them and takes it to the south-south, now he wants to take governorship of kaduna state out of their hands into southern kaduna, he's truly the hausa mans nemesis lol.

This is the AGE OF THE MINORITIES.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by dempeople(m): 10:37am On May 13, 2010
@Omolulu,

Mennnn, Omolulu you're indeed, no doubt, a piece of God's creation, as I can see. How're you? I really like what I see. Do you accept applications by the way?  grin grin grin
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Cappadona123: 11:10am On May 13, 2010
Gud luck to my wonderful governor!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by benelt(m): 11:11am On May 13, 2010
Here is the main problem Jonathan has. On Jonathan ticket, if he pick a vice presdient now. His rival would have the choice to pick for the president. Since his rival may be a Yoruba or northerner. He would likely pick a Yoruba or Igbo or northerner[i][/i]

this analysis on vp picks and who wins is lack some indepth considerations. You forget that alot other factors apart from tribe and gender influence election choices. One of the things Jonathan should consider to win the 2011 pol is corruption. when he surrender to corruption and join COALITION OF THE CORRUPT FOR better NIGERIA,  his ticket will be guaranteed, his choice of vp not withstading. Be a slime ball and worship the North like God and build a strong tribal relationship in the south. On the issue of him choosing a Yoruba muslim cannot be a guarantee to win the Muslim north seeing the plight the Yoruba muslims in the Jos crises. They suffered the same fate as Christians in the hands of the Hausa muslims. Choosing Turai as a VP will cause him a major set back seeing the dribbling game at ASO rock during Yar adua's health drama. Do you think Nigerian women still see Turai as a role model?
To make it short, Jonathan assention will be determined by his political allies than tribal allies. if he sees his ambition as a do or die affair, he should be ready to play dirty if fareness does not bring him the Goodluck he needs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigeria Police To Restore Speaker Tambuwal's Security / Edo: PDP Leaders, Obaseki ‘at War’ Over Party Structure / Cost Of Electricity Consumption In Nigeria Cheapest In The World – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.