Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,907 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Nigeria Brand Of Education Is A Scam! Read And Criticize - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigeria Brand Of Education Is A Scam! Read And Criticize (410 Views)

How Do I Know A Company Is A Scam? / Is Studying Engineering Now A Scam In Nigeria / Is My Job A Scam!!!!? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Brand Of Education Is A Scam! Read And Criticize by uprof(m): 8:08am On Apr 10, 2018
Most things you need for your journey to greatness can't be learned in the classroom. Some of these skills are available on the street. Your ability to combine your classroom experience with experience from the street can go along way in taking you from obscurity to prominence. Please don't misconceive my verdict. I'm not saying that formal education is unimportant. What I'm emphasizing here is that informal education is equally important in your journey to stardom. From my research I have learned that most Nigerian graduates feel insecure after completing their so called NYSC. Regardless of the University they graduated from. The stories are the same everywhere in Nigeria. Why this fear of insecurity? 1. Over reliance on formal education 2. Little or no practical experience 2. This little or no practical experience has brought about wide gap between being educated and being credentials. 3. Little or no entrepreneurial skills 4. Devaluation of Nigeria degrees in the labour market like Naira to Dollar scenario in the Forex market. And lots of other things that have not been mentioned. My distinguished brothers and sisters, I don't want to believe that the brand of education we receive in Nigeria is a big scam! But what I see on a daily basis is making such insinuation to be somewhat true. If that is the case,pls let work together to advocate for quality education that is devoid of any iota of scam. Could you imagine if the experience a common man had in the university which led to the award Bsc certificate cannot cater for his basic of life. Then who is that advising him to go for MSC and PhD. This seems to be another scam! Nothing is wrong with education ! But so many things are wrong with Nigerian brand of education.

(1) (Reply)

Heavily Subsidized Professional Trainings / How To Make Money On Youtube - See Steps / Data Sharing Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.