Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,388 members, 7,808,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria May Continue To Struggle If. .. " - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria May Continue To Struggle If. .. " (25531 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria Has Highest Church Attendance World Over" / Bishop Oyedepo: 'Nigeria Not Fulani Republic' / Oyedepo: Nigeria Needs True Change (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria May Continue To Struggle If. .. " by mrkunlex(m): 5:48pm On Apr 10, 2018
Sango-Ota(Ogun) – Dr David Oyedepo, the Chancellor, Covenant University, Ota in Ogun, has advised parents to inculcate moral in their children for them to become better leaders in the future.

Oyedepo gave the advice in his address at the 15th Inaugural Lecture of the institution on Monday in Ota.

The lecture is entitled: “Lengthening Cords and Strengthening Stakes: Leadership Praxis and Transcendence in Counselling Practice.’’

According to him, building a strong nation is a collective effort that needs to start from homes.

“Every individual has been victims of unskilled leadership at all levels, especially in family, business and career levels.

“If the nation and other African countries do not have the required skill to get some tasks done, they will continue to struggle with their challenges forever,’’ he said.

The chancellor said that many of the crises and challenges being experienced in the country was as result of bad leadership.

Oyedepo called for strong leadership institutions that would address the challenges.

In her lecture, Prof. Aize Obayan, said that greater attention should be paid to the family, parenting structure, child rearing practices, mind formation and the roles of schools, so as to have responsible citizens.

Obayan, a former Vice-Chancellor of the institution, said that lack of quality education, misplaced values and cultural disorientation were major factors militating against good leadership in the country.

According to her, universities should not only offer qualitative knowledge-based curriculum, but also train students to be relevant in their time.

She said that negligence of education had been a challenge that led to poor leadership in Nigeria.

“The governance in a nation cannot be achieved without educating the young in the art of leadership.

“The goal of leadership is service, but the skill required to serve a nation at all levels is quality education,” she said.

Obayan stressed the need to equip students with required skill and aptitude for political leadership, especially for them to be responsible leaders in whatever vocation they find themselves.
She stressed the need for leaders to be thoroughly educated, build capacity and relevance from the university so as to contribute to national development.

Obayan implored universities to embrace innovation and efficiency and as well prepare for change, by setting the right priorities in the face of continuous influx of new demands. (NAN)

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2018/04/inculcate-morals-in-your-wards-oyedepo-urges-parents/amp/

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria May Continue To Struggle If. .. " by Nobody: 6:36pm On Apr 10, 2018
I won't even bother reading his tirades.

People like this only look out for themselves

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria May Continue To Struggle If. .. " by Tohzara(m): 6:37pm On Apr 10, 2018
Indeed, building a great Nigeria starts from homes. And that comes with all parents emphasizing to their children that demons are not the source of Nigeria's problems, and whatever God will do, he won't come down to solve Nigeria's problems for us. Stop bringing up superstitious mumus and ultra-religious sheeple that are easy to cheat and fleece.

Like JFK rightly said, NO PROBLEM OF HUMAN DESTINY IS BEYOND HUMAN BEINGS.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria May Continue To Struggle If. .. " by datola: 6:37pm On Apr 10, 2018
ok
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria May Continue To Struggle If. .. " by AngelicBeing: 6:37pm On Apr 10, 2018
cool
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria May Continue To Struggle If. .. " by tokrizy: 6:37pm On Apr 10, 2018
cry ON THE night before he was killed, Jesus prayed in behalf of his disciples. Knowing that they would be put under tremendous pressure by Satan, Jesus said to his Father: “I request you, not to take them out of the world, but to watch over them because of the wicked one. They are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world.” ( John 17:15, 16 ) Why is separateness from the world so important? Because Satan is this world’s ruler. Christians would not want to become part of a world that is under his control.​— Luke 4:5-8; John 14:30; 1 John 5:19 .
2. In what ways was Jesus no part of the world?
2 Being no part of the world did not mean that Jesus lacked love for others. On the contrary, he healed the sick, raised the dead, and taught people about God’s Kingdom. He even gave his life for mankind. But he did not love the ungodly attitudes and actions of those who manifested the spirit of Satan’s world. Thus, he warned against such things as immoral desires, a materialistic way of life, and grasping for prominence. ( Matthew 5:27, 28; 6:19-21; Luke 20:46, 47 ) Not surprisingly, then, Jesus also avoided the world’s politics. Although he was a Jew, he did not take sides in the political controversies between Rome and the Jews...so mr man what are u saying?

6 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria May Continue To Struggle If. .. " by mickyeddi(m): 6:37pm On Apr 10, 2018
Most Nigerians and Africans are generally lazy and always looking for shortcuts for everything, that's why pastors like Oyedepo are extremely rich off the backside of gullible followers looking for prosperity miracles as if God is a magician. If you do what is required, you will prosper just like the Europeans most of whom are not religious. If you move Europeans to Africa and move Africans to Europe, come back in five years time and see how Africa will be turned into a paradise and Europe turned into a hell hole!!

And why don't he ask his God to deliver Nigeria?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria May Continue To Struggle If. .. " by oluwakekz(m): 6:38pm On Apr 10, 2018
Am using this opportunity to apologize for advocating and fighting for pmb , in our last election . have got my PVC ready to fight for a good Young vibrant reliable youth.

18 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria May Continue To Struggle If. .. " by sexyjob(m): 6:38pm On Apr 10, 2018
Tell me something
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria May Continue To Struggle If. .. " by HeyCorleone(m): 6:38pm On Apr 10, 2018
This man should start saying the truth a calling the government out for their bullshit.

It's only to slap someone for calling herself "a witch for Christ" and shaving people's head he knows.

5 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria May Continue To Struggle If. .. " by naijjaman(m): 6:38pm On Apr 10, 2018
cheesy
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria May Continue To Struggle If. .. " by HigherEd: 6:38pm On Apr 10, 2018
“Every individual has been victims of unskilled leadership at all levels, especially in family, business and career levels.

“If the nation and other African countries do not have the required skill to get some tasks done, they will continue to struggle with their challenges forever,’’
Preach it Sir. Before one mumu begins to shout that religion is their problem. This is one of the major leaders of the Pentecostal movement advocating for skills and more investment in education. I remembered listening to how he dissected how education powered south Korea and isreal to what they are today.

For those shamelessly quoting me here it is. Many of u are concerned about allegations and less concerned about findings

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria May Continue To Struggle If. .. " by Godsent4life: 6:39pm On Apr 10, 2018
I buy iTunes card at best rate bring them all any country
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria May Continue To Struggle If. .. " by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 10, 2018
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria May Continue To Struggle If. .. " by 4C2215131: 6:39pm On Apr 10, 2018
Charity, indeed, is begotten from home.

The man speaks the truth.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria May Continue To Struggle If. .. " by dasdexter(m): 6:39pm On Apr 10, 2018
very correct
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria May Continue To Struggle If. .. " by Sarang(f): 6:41pm On Apr 10, 2018
cry

Please see my signature
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria May Continue To Struggle If. .. " by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 10, 2018
Datz true
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria May Continue To Struggle If. .. " by allanphash7(m): 6:43pm On Apr 10, 2018
Lol
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria May Continue To Struggle If. .. " by Okoyeebos: 6:43pm On Apr 10, 2018
Something just occurred to me.

If Oyedepo were to contest for Nigeria's Presidency, would people trust him enough to handle the nation's purse?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria May Continue To Struggle If. .. " by Nedfed(m): 6:44pm On Apr 10, 2018
mrkunlex:

Is Op well @all?
You caption ur topic with Bishop Oyedepo but 70% of the don talking is done by Prof. Aize Obayan.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria May Continue To Struggle If. .. " by polyte: 6:45pm On Apr 10, 2018
Covenant University, Ota-Lagos. Ota na Lagos e dey?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria May Continue To Struggle If. .. " by larrybee2017(f): 6:45pm On Apr 10, 2018
mickyeddi:
You see why he said charity begins at home? You are one of the reasons

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria May Continue To Struggle If. .. " by HigherEd: 6:45pm On Apr 10, 2018
Okoyeebos:
Something just occurred to me.

If Oyedepo were to contest for Nigeria's Presidency, would people trust him enough to handle the nation's purse?

Why not? Elrufai was once quoted to have said that he has rarely ever seen a well detailed financial record of any organization like winners chapel. A UK commission once recommended the church as a model to all charities in the UK. Some of Oyedepo's successors at NCCF also talked about the man's financial accountability to the last kobo.

I believe someone like Oyedepo would be good for Nigeria.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria May Continue To Struggle If. .. " by hopefulLandlord: 6:47pm On Apr 10, 2018
Nigeria needs to tithe it's way out of this predicament. We should pay 10% of our revenue to churches so god would open the heavens and give us so much blessings that Nigeria would not be big enough to take them all

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria May Continue To Struggle If. .. " by martineverest(m): 6:51pm On Apr 10, 2018
After all ur prayers?

Ur doctrines is one the main reasons you Nigeria are continue to struggle....
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria May Continue To Struggle If. .. " by gregyboy(m): 7:01pm On Apr 10, 2018
I wont even bother reading a speech from his mouth ....

If i was to be d president of this country i will reduce d so called religious leaders right out of politics be it islam or Christian....
I bet oyedpo if buhari was to come to his church he will reserve the best seat for him. the seat he will probably give jesus he will change the sermon of his preaching to wealth and speak in favour of buhari ...and once again hides the truth from his God and man .... osinbajo is a good example of this...

And jesus wept...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria May Continue To Struggle If. .. " by KingOfSkills: 7:04pm On Apr 10, 2018
Tohzara:
Indeed, building a great Nigeria starts from homes. And that comes with all parents emphasizing to their children that demons are not the source of Nigeria's problems, and whatever God will do, he won't come down to solve Nigeria's problems for us. Stop bringing up superstitious mumus and ultra-religious sheeple that are to cheat and fleece.

Like JFK rightly said, NO PROBLEM OF HUMAN DESTINY IS BEYOND HUMAN BEINGS.
winners chapel member spotted

giving corroboration to the points raised by his Daddy in the Lord

Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria May Continue To Struggle If. .. " by Nobody: 7:10pm On Apr 10, 2018
mickyeddi:
Most Nigerians and Africans are generally lazy and always looking for shortcuts for everything, that's why pastors like Oyedepo are extremely rich off the backside of gullible followers looking for prosperity miracles as if God is a magician. If you do what is required, you will prosper just like the Europeans most of whom are not religious. If you move Europeans to Africa and move Africans to Europe, come back in five years time and see how Africa will be turned into a paradise and Europe turned into a hell hole!!
your stupidity has no younger brother, people like you are the problem we have in this country, poor upbringing.

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria May Continue To Struggle If. .. " by Tohzara(m): 7:11pm On Apr 10, 2018
KingOfSkills:
winners chapel member spotted

giving corroboration to the points raised by his Daddy in the Lord

Lol
LMAO.... I'm not even a Christian. I'm just not the type that criticizes people all the time just because I stand against everything they represent. Isn't there a point in what he said? Is the family not the basic unit of society? Are dysfunctional families and awful parenting not the roots of our woes? Are the young not the future of the nation? Should education not be made the bedrock of the state?

What did he say here that was wrong? And if you're discerning enough, you would have seen in my post where I advised against raising a gullible and superstitious citizenry that can be easily cheated and fleeced by clowns and deceitful daddy G. O's. Doesn't sound like what a Christian would say.

Winners chapel member indeed. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria May Continue To Struggle If. .. " by Pengician(m): 7:11pm On Apr 10, 2018
I
dey
observe

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria May Continue To Struggle If. .. " by cescky(m): 7:12pm On Apr 10, 2018
angry

handsomeclouds:
I won't even bother reading his tirades.

People like this only look out for themselves

So why did you come into a chat room regarding him?

Attention seeker, go get a job

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Paul Enenche And Wife, Becky Paul-Enenche At The Lord's Garden (Photo) / 3 Things To Do After A Spiritual Spouse Deliverance That A Pstor Won't Tell You / 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.