Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,776 members, 7,802,382 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 (65193 Views)

Roma Vs Barcelona UCL (3 - 0) On 10th April 2018 / Manchester City Vs Manchester United (2 - 3) On 7th April 2018 / Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by openmine(m): 10:42pm On Apr 24, 2018
modupeolami13:
more goals roma abeg. Liverpool must not qualify
See this one grin grin grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by CSTR1003: 10:45pm On Apr 24, 2018
Elxandre:

Seems you're a Liverpool fan.
The bias is apparent. Lol

Forget this victories over weaker teams, Liverpool hasn't faced am European Elite this season.
Just match them on paper, who is stronger from defence to attack?

I know that's not all that matters, but it counts heavily at last.

Liverpool is not Barcelona please.
Can that midfield even look Madrid's in the face?

I'm not sure Real will get past Bayern, but if they do, I'll be here waiting for you. grin
I am a Chelsea fan. I freaking hate Liverpool.
Their success is torture to me

But truth be said, Liverpool is mad right now.

I am certain Real Madrid will get dominated if they meet.
It may not result in a Liverpool victory depending on how well Liverpool take their chances.

But Real Madrid will get dominated and out -pressed. I am certain of that.

5 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by chiboy1116: 10:49pm On Apr 24, 2018
Mehhhh....Madrid hasn't been so great dis season .....some brain fart occurrences ....

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by CSTR1003: 10:50pm On Apr 24, 2018
naturalwaves:

You're joking bro. Too early to call. Like I said, Neymar has nothing to prove and he is more versatile than Salah. You even said he built his football existence to a level Neymar has not been able to touch. SMH. Go and watch what Neymar did in Brazil before even moving to Barça. What Salah is doing now is past tense for Neymar. Based on current form, Salah is better but the remainder of your claims is a hogwash!
Define versatility?

Neymar is more versatile than Ronaldo in a way. He can dribble and dance much better.
But I will never choose him over a Ronaldo.

It is too early to call. Yes I can agree.

But if salah is able to maintain current levels, then he is a better footballer than Neymar.
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by EMINIBLAIT(m): 10:50pm On Apr 24, 2018
abeg people help my career ,I need views and likes on IG to claim a compensation

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhtRax-B8jW/?r=wa1
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by openmine(m): 10:51pm On Apr 24, 2018
Elzends:
Substituting Salah was a huge mistake.... Liverpool has given us a 2nd leg to look forward to
The sub was okay.....Its just that some players like lovren took their foot of the pedal when it mattered most forgetting that the game is 90+stoppage time and not 80 mins!
Roma is by far the weakest and poorest semi-finalists i have seen so far.....if not for some dreadful finishes from mane,that first half would have been 6-0
There is also no way they can shut out liverpool for 90mins without conceding a goal or two at roma....
Yes U might talk about that barca game as a reminder of their abiity but to be honest,roma have a very poor defence....we all know roma rode their luck and were playing a very overconfident barca team that depended so much on messi!

6 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by Reeberry: 10:52pm On Apr 24, 2018
modupeolami13:
more goals roma abeg. Liverpool must not qualify
Are you a Mancity fan?
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by P0intBlank(m): 10:57pm On Apr 24, 2018
Hhenryy:

Lol so you mean they have not conceded any goal at home this season Napoli, milan, Atlanta, Fiorentina and torino have beaten them at home this season.

Liverpool is a free scoring side unlike chelsea. The case of Barcelona was due to complacency as i have said earlier and Liverpool must have learnt from it.

League and UCL are two different things. Some teams like Madrid have Jekyll and Hyde form - Madrid in League is not the same team in the UCL.

Roma have not conceded in UCL. They have met no mean teams - Chelsea, Athletico, Barca, Shaktar (1st team to beat Man City this season)

I am not saying they will upset Liverpool but they can
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by Nobody: 10:57pm On Apr 24, 2018
Superlative performance from Salah

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by openmine(m): 10:59pm On Apr 24, 2018
Aooux:
Just 3-0 in favor of Roma in the return leg........ wink
With that roma defence that looks like a busted pipe? grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by Saladin25(m): 11:01pm On Apr 24, 2018
naturalwaves:

Your "common" statement didn't imply this same thing here o.
Talking about Salah, he is at his peak and he developed well. Diego Costa was loaned like mad too before he got back to Atletico to cause havoc and then moved to England and back to Atletico. Loaning a player is actually a developmental plan. It is like saying, we have surplus players, you can have him for a while. Rather than the player sitting on the bench, he will play the club in need of him will get his services, his main club will make a token and may still have him back after the loan.

Loaning out a player is a win win for all three parties involved. Peeps should stop looking at it like a death sentence or a career killer. Lol
Excuse me! I don't think you understand my statement. First of all, "I knew a lot of people around my area that do abuse Salah when he was in Chelsea, that is why i used doubters". Secondly, "I said, I wished he came back to Chelsea after is loan spell at Fiorentina". I don't understand what brought about the "death sentence". In all my comments I never rubbished a player being on loan, may be you need to check my previous comment before typing this comment. Thank you.
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by naturalwaves: 11:02pm On Apr 24, 2018
CSTR1003:

Define versatility?

Neymar is more versatile than Ronaldo in a way. He can dribble and dance much better.
But I will never choose him over a Ronaldo.

It is too early to call. Yes I can agree.

But if salah is able to maintain current levels, then he is a better footballer than Neymar.
How is Neymar more versatile than Ronaldo? How many wonder strikes did he score from outside the box? How many goals did he poach with his left leg? He never even had the kind of velocity Ronaldo showed in his prime. How many goals has Neymar scored with his heads? He is not as versatile as Ronaldo but he is more elegant than Ronaldo. Yeah, too early to call for Salah. Do you even know that there was a time Ronaldo played 90 minutes for almost 7 years straight or thereabout. Salah is excellent but still a long way to go.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by korm2me(m): 11:05pm On Apr 24, 2018
greenprince:

So true..... Roma hasn't conceded a goal at home in the champions league this season. It will be tough for fragile Liverpool.
Also know that they have not played liverpool in their home. The team that has scored the highest numbers of goals in this years champions leaugue

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by naturalwaves: 11:06pm On Apr 24, 2018
Saladin25:

Excuse me! I don't think you understand my statement. First of all, "I knew a lot of people around my area that do abuse Salah when he was in Chelsea, that is why i used doubters". Secondly, "I said, I wished he came back to Chelsea after is loan spell at Fiorentina". I don't understand what brought about the "death sentence". In all my comments I never rubbished a player being on loan, may be you need to check my previous comment before typing this comment. Thank you.
Hahahaha
You were quoted but not all the reply was for you. The latter part was just to validate what you felt..
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by Omooba77: 11:06pm On Apr 24, 2018
Lots to play for in the 2nd leg.
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by CSTR1003: 11:06pm On Apr 24, 2018
naturalwaves:

How is Neymar more versatile than Ronaldo? How many wonder strikes did he scored from outside the box? How many goals did he poach with his left leg? He never even had the kind of velocity Ronaldo showed in his prime. How many goals has Neymar scored with his heads? He is not as versatile as Ronaldo but he is more elegant than Ronaldo. Yeah, too early to call for Salah. Do you even know that there was a time Ronaldo played 90 minutes for almost 7 years straight or thereabout. Salah is excellent but still a long way to go.
Then define Your Own versatility.
Because I honestly don't know what you meant when you said Neymar is more versatile than salah.

Neymar has better dribbling and dancing ability that is all.

Salah is more dangerous like a Ronaldo. And that is just what any team needs .

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by naturalwaves: 11:10pm On Apr 24, 2018
CSTR1003:

It may not result in a Liverpool victory depending on how well Liverpool take their chances.

Hahahahahahaha. Funny you. Madrid plays like a machine and they will teach alot of people football lessons. Madrid can attack you just three times and you go chop 3 goals. You think all those Liverpool strikers roaming around and missing chances will get such chance to even be balanced with Ramos there? Marcelo will even pocket Salah. Moreover, Madrid midfield is so experienced. Toni Kroos is a winch. Should Madrid encounter Liverpool, Liverpool will be played like school boys. In fact, you will need to use hypo to wash your eyes to confirm if it is this same Liverpool that is playing. Moreover, Madrid is even yet to play Bayern. So, we don't know those that will play in final. Hope you are not underating Bayern? Livepool isn't even through yet.

3 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by Saladin25(m): 11:12pm On Apr 24, 2018
naturalwaves:

Hahahaha
You were quoted but not all the reply was for you. The latter part was just to validate what you felt..
Alright.
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by MorataFC: 11:13pm On Apr 24, 2018
Ninejaywon:
Whether Roma,romanus or Romanian scores 1, the Liverpool I am seeing are already holding one handle of champions league trophy. High pressure game is the future. Real Madrid won't stand a chance.

MARk MY WORD
real Madrid ke?
I don't see this real Madrid team edges out bayern Munich
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by naturalwaves: 11:19pm On Apr 24, 2018
CSTR1003:

Then define Your Own versatility.
Because I honestly don't know what you meant when you said Neymar is more versatile than salah.

Neymar has better dribbling and dancing ability that is all.

Salah is more dangerous like a Ronaldo. And that is just what any team needs .
Versatile...... What options can you give the team? How many different things can you do in different situations? How many things can you do as a player? If you consider all these, you will see Neymar is more versatile E. G he can play in more positions, he can take set pieces and threaten to convert them, can dribble, can pass, can shoot, can do more things. That is versatility. The dancing on the ball thing is elegance.... How the ball is being moved and played by a player. E. G Neymar is more elegant than Salah. Neymar is more elegant than Ronaldo but not as versatile as Ronaldo. Neymar is also more versatile than Salah.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by Ayobami7(m): 11:20pm On Apr 24, 2018
#YNWA
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by justiniyke29: 11:23pm On Apr 24, 2018
Sanchez01:
I pray Roma shocks this hyped English team tonight.
how market

4 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by Jayclassic10(m): 11:25pm On Apr 24, 2018
Liverpool and their sloppy defence most times, they need to work on their d. Make watin happen 1854 no happen again. Good game for the reds.
W
Should we expect another come back from Roma?
Well next week decides.
Hala Madrid tomorrow...
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by SATIELTSGRETOEF(m): 11:30pm On Apr 24, 2018
Forget my guy. Nothing dey happen. Nothing dey stop Liverpool. Not even Real Madrid. You will see what will happen in the second leg. Liverpool will still flog Roma. Roma find it difficult to keep up with the pace of Liverpool.

Not a Liverpool fan though, but this time I am with them cos they never walk alone.
ekensi01:
I Swear This Result Is Dangerous In UCL

3 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by openmine(m): 11:38pm On Apr 24, 2018
obonujoker:
Messi vs Roma (180mins) 0 goals, 0 assist.. 100,000dribbles....

Salah vs Roma (70mins) 2 goals, 2 assist...

grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by ikdaddy01(m): 11:39pm On Apr 24, 2018
It's going to be super Wednesday next week

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by AndriaRich(m): 11:39pm On Apr 24, 2018
SATIELTSGRETOEF:
Forget my guy. Nothing dey happen. Nothing dey stop Liverpool. Not even Real Madrid. You will see what will happen in the second leg. Liverpool will still flog Roma. Roma find it difficult to keep up with the pace of Liverpool.

Not a Liverpool fan though, but this time I am with them cos they never walk alone.

Bless you, man...
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by Omooba77: 11:43pm On Apr 24, 2018
handsomeyinka:
Not too sure if this true or false...
#WENGER MUST GO#...
Wenger has already gone
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by openmine(m): 11:48pm On Apr 24, 2018
Spot on...

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by jagorinho: 11:51pm On Apr 24, 2018
CSTR1003:

liverpool is good no doubt but just stop the hype, it is just a typical trait of you epl fan boys, mourinho showed how to contain livepool attack, klop has not won him in their last 4 meetings, and the last game they played, sallah was forced to play like a lig 2 player, klopp failed to break down west brom on 3 occasions this season, klopp usually struggles against a very organised defensive set up, and you tend to forget 70% of liverpool's matches are won in first half because it is nearly impossible to play with that tempo for 90 mins, if klopp liverpool fails to win in first half, they always struggle, and about you comparing them to madrid. man!! there is a big difference between head master and a vice chancellor, liverpool has the weakest bench i have seen of a big team in recent times, imagine an injury to sallah then you replace him with ings or solanke. Madrid is a sure banker for d cup if they meet liverpool
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by openmine(m): 11:56pm On Apr 24, 2018
jagorinho:

liverpool is good no doubt but just stop the hype, it is just a typical trait of you epl fan boys, mourinho showed how to contain livepool attack, klop has not won him in their last 4 meetings, and the last game they played, sallah was forced to play like a lig 2 player, klopp failed to break down west brom on 3 occasions this season, klopp usually struggles against a very organised defensive set up, and you tend to forget 70% of liverpool's matches are won in first half because it is nearly impossible to play with that tempo for 90 mins, if klopp liverpool fails to win in first half, they always struggle, and about you comparing them to madrid. man!! there is a big difference between head master and a vice chancellor, liverpool has the weakest bench i have seen of a big team in recent times, imagine an injury to sallah then you replace him with ings or solanke. Madrid is a sure banker for d cup if they meet liverpool
grin grin
The way U guys talk about madrid as lf the game against bayern is a stroll in the park
Re: Liverpool Vs Roma: UCL (5 - 2) On 24th April 2018 by jagorinho: 12:01am On Apr 25, 2018
openmine:

grin grin
The way U guys talk about madrid as lf the game against bayern is a stroll in the park
do not misunderstand me, i said if liverpool should meet madrid, it is going to be very difficult for them, because of recent the champions league has been madrid's relaxation spot but if liverpool meets bayern, i dont really think bayern can stop liverpool.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Arsenal (2 - 0) On 19th September 2015 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2012/2013 / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.