Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

Dubai To Test Digital Number Plates That Can Alert Police And Call Ambulance - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Dubai To Test Digital Number Plates That Can Alert Police And Call Ambulance (12955 Views)

Police Vows To Go After Producers Of Rotating Number Plates / Is It Illegal To Repaint My Fading Vehicle Number Plates? / 50 Awkward Customized Number Plates Spotted On The Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dubai To Test Digital Number Plates That Can Alert Police And Call Ambulance by Automotive1(m): 1:42am On Apr 11, 2018

Dubai's authorities are planning to introduce a digital number plate capable of tracking drivers locations and informing the police of bad driving.

The new plates will be synced up to a user's account so that services such as registration renewals, tolls, road fines and parking fines would be instantly deducted from the vehicle’s owner.

In a trial starting next month, vehicles will be fitted with smart plates with digital screens and GPS transmitters to communicate information back to the police.

The new digital plates will also be able to inform emergency services if a driver has an accident.

The digital plate, called Tag to Connect, is a smart screen that will replace the current metal plate.
It can also change to display a special alert or some other form of warning if they're stolen.

When the digital plate is installed in the car, drivers don't need to come to any Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) service centre every year in order to renew their vehicle plates as this will be automatically renewed after passing the vehicle test.

The digital plate will also allow vehicles to connect with each other. That's why it's "Tag to Connect", meaning motorists can exchange information on traffic condition or if there is an accident on the road.

It is not clear how much the plates will cost as authorities said the final cost of the project will only be known after the trial ends in November.

Source https://autojosh.com/dubai-to-test-digital-vehicle-number-plates-that-can-alert-police-and-call-ambulance/

7 Likes

Re: Dubai To Test Digital Number Plates That Can Alert Police And Call Ambulance by Nobody: 4:04am On Apr 11, 2018
nice..

4 Likes

Re: Dubai To Test Digital Number Plates That Can Alert Police And Call Ambulance by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:14am On Apr 11, 2018
The world has left us and we are still complaining about NEPA in nigeria grin

117 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dubai To Test Digital Number Plates That Can Alert Police And Call Ambulance by lilkech(m): 7:27am On Apr 11, 2018
Chai!!!

See police moto in Dubai cool

My brother, I can get visa and travel there to commit crime just to ride in the back of that Bugatti straight into their prison/cell grin

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dubai To Test Digital Number Plates That Can Alert Police And Call Ambulance by mayor2013: 7:59am On Apr 11, 2018
Is there still light grin. Our Naija police still rely on touch lights grin
Re: Dubai To Test Digital Number Plates That Can Alert Police And Call Ambulance by cyborg123(m): 7:16am On Apr 13, 2018
Nice. The plates will likely be powered by the car battery with it's own smaller backup battery.

2 Likes

Re: Dubai To Test Digital Number Plates That Can Alert Police And Call Ambulance by Hustlersdiary: 9:24pm On Apr 13, 2018
Nothing, except from God fi say make I no comot 4 naija b4 the third quarter of dis year.

We're in the 15th century in nigeria.

Our police officers still dey use chain lock their gen cos of theives.

We still dey use over a year process national Id card

If u get laptop or iPhone and u be young guy, u be yahoo boy automatically 4 police syd.

Nepa boss dey import Generator 4 sale to the masses.

20 Likes

Re: Dubai To Test Digital Number Plates That Can Alert Police And Call Ambulance by Aldebaran(m): 2:17am On Apr 14, 2018
These r people who love and believe so much in their citizenry grin

3 Likes

Re: Dubai To Test Digital Number Plates That Can Alert Police And Call Ambulance by Automotive1(m): 7:18am On Apr 20, 2018
Cc
Lalasticlala Mynd44

2 Likes

Re: Dubai To Test Digital Number Plates That Can Alert Police And Call Ambulance by AngelicBeing: 7:29am On Apr 20, 2018
cool
Re: Dubai To Test Digital Number Plates That Can Alert Police And Call Ambulance by Donpresh95(m): 7:29am On Apr 20, 2018
When will the zoo get functional street camera.

Sometimes I ask myself,Are you sure nigeria will ever be good again??

1 Like

Re: Dubai To Test Digital Number Plates That Can Alert Police And Call Ambulance by Nobody: 7:30am On Apr 20, 2018
Other countries just dey flex life, Nigeria still dey stone age with stone age leaders n mentality! Tufiakwa

1 Like

Re: Dubai To Test Digital Number Plates That Can Alert Police And Call Ambulance by westlife79(m): 7:30am On Apr 20, 2018
lilkech:
Chai!!!

My brother, I can get visa and travel there to commit crime just to ride in the back of that Bugatti straight into their prison/cell grin
Motherfucker you be ���

1 Like

Re: Dubai To Test Digital Number Plates That Can Alert Police And Call Ambulance by Franzinni: 7:31am On Apr 20, 2018
dubai here here ooo

In the 80s was a desert... Now it's the Las Vegas of th e world .

The oil that gave them the boost, we have it too but while they are about country, we black souls Are about enriching our personal self to the 1000th generation... Greed is the curse of the melanin infested man

That's why when they cry slave trade I never blame the white man...

Black men went out to capture black men and chained them in long rows
Black man took his fellow black man to sell like goat in the market to the white who were stationed in thier. Post jeje. Now the white man paid for these black men that was sold to them by fellow black men...

So it's only right to treat their cargo like livestock since even the black man didn't value his fellow black man enough that he captured and sold him...

It is still the same with black man today

Listen to the old northern fart. As he sells Nigerian youths out for a facking mirror... Saying our youths are lazy...now the whole world thinks Nigerian youths are lazy and they will treat them as such...

Well my 2 cents

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dubai To Test Digital Number Plates That Can Alert Police And Call Ambulance by Nevamind: 7:31am On Apr 20, 2018
embarassed embarassed embarassed am tired of this country
Re: Dubai To Test Digital Number Plates That Can Alert Police And Call Ambulance by nzube89(m): 7:31am On Apr 20, 2018
Countries were the system and institutions are working
Re: Dubai To Test Digital Number Plates That Can Alert Police And Call Ambulance by GOFRONT(m): 7:31am On Apr 20, 2018
This could have been Nigeria!!!

But because we have Yam eaters

But because all they care is Vandalize our yam barn and our economy

But because our youths are lazy!!!

All we can only do is sit our lazy A5s and watch as spectators while the greater nations continue to make things happen....

1 Like

Re: Dubai To Test Digital Number Plates That Can Alert Police And Call Ambulance by AngelicBeing: 7:32am On Apr 20, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
The world has left us and we are still complaining about NEPA in nigeria grin
Lol, you can't compare a shithole jungle to paradise, Dubai is like Heaven and Nigeria is the current headquarters of Hell fire tongue

3 Likes

Re: Dubai To Test Digital Number Plates That Can Alert Police And Call Ambulance by IMASTEX: 7:32am On Apr 20, 2018
That is a country with workable system. Meanwhile, some countries are still finding it difficult to operate smoothly even with the analog system in a digital world.

The citizens have also decided to keep replacing one analog political leaders to another. It is a shame!

1 Like

Re: Dubai To Test Digital Number Plates That Can Alert Police And Call Ambulance by livinus009(m): 7:32am On Apr 20, 2018
Dubai is in 2035 already.

1 Like

Re: Dubai To Test Digital Number Plates That Can Alert Police And Call Ambulance by Achillesdam500(m): 7:32am On Apr 20, 2018
We only celebrate primitive and barbaric happenings here
Re: Dubai To Test Digital Number Plates That Can Alert Police And Call Ambulance by OnowuOra(m): 7:34am On Apr 20, 2018
Chai

1 Like

Re: Dubai To Test Digital Number Plates That Can Alert Police And Call Ambulance by pawesome(m): 7:35am On Apr 20, 2018
Digital plates..
And here we are..FRSC disturbing for new number plates....
We are lost in dis universe

4 Likes

Re: Dubai To Test Digital Number Plates That Can Alert Police And Call Ambulance by livinus009(m): 7:35am On Apr 20, 2018
Nigeria is in 2018, Dubai is in 2035
Re: Dubai To Test Digital Number Plates That Can Alert Police And Call Ambulance by AreaFada2: 7:36am On Apr 20, 2018
lilkech:
Chai!!!

Dude joke aside, as much as life has developed there mentality is still third world there.
So their punishment for criminal act is very severe. Not like Western Europe and human rights yarn.

1 Like

Re: Dubai To Test Digital Number Plates That Can Alert Police And Call Ambulance by AiiVee(m): 7:36am On Apr 20, 2018
This Dubai sha...see police car sef... why i no go join police if i dey Dubai... God help Nigeria
Re: Dubai To Test Digital Number Plates That Can Alert Police And Call Ambulance by Whobedatte(m): 7:41am On Apr 20, 2018
Someone must not be a Nigerian and still end up in help fire
Even God will b angry

1 Like

Re: Dubai To Test Digital Number Plates That Can Alert Police And Call Ambulance by Gggg102(m): 7:42am On Apr 20, 2018
livinus009:
Dubai is in 2035 already.

or we are in 1833.

5 Likes

Re: Dubai To Test Digital Number Plates That Can Alert Police And Call Ambulance by oyetunder(m): 7:43am On Apr 20, 2018
When our own plate number here gets faded within 3 months. Well...digital number plates cannot even be needed for rickety vehicles smuggled thru the jungles of Seme
Re: Dubai To Test Digital Number Plates That Can Alert Police And Call Ambulance by obafemee80(m): 7:45am On Apr 20, 2018
Whobedatte:
Someone must not be a Nigerian and still end up in help fire
Even God will b angry

True talk bro grin grin grin

Nobody prays for from fry pan to fire situation grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Has No Intention To Ban Commercial Motorcycles / How Tyres Are Made And Its Main Parts / Is This Engine Oil Good To Service My Corolla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.