Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,911 members, 7,806,647 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

2019: Why I Declared Intentions Now, By President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Why I Declared Intentions Now, By President Buhari (817 Views)

I Declared Ifeanyi Ubah Winner To Save My Life – Returning Officer / Why I Declared Babajide Sanwo-olu Winner – APC Chairman / Buhari: Why I Declared My Second Term Bid Early (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

2019: Why I Declared Intentions Now, By President Buhari by nghubs1(m): 5:30pm On Apr 11, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari has explained why he declared his intentions to run for another term in office on Monday, April 9, 2018, during the National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Receiving the Archbishop of Canterbury, His Grace Justin Welby in London Wednesday, President Buhari said:

“I declared before leaving home because Nigerians were talking too much about whether I would run or not. So, I felt I should break the ice. We have many things to focus on, like security, agriculture, economy, anti-corruption, and many others. We needed to concentrate on them, and politics should not be a distraction. The majority of Nigerians appreciate what we are doing, and that is why I am re-contesting.”

The President recounted some successes of the administration to his guest, with whom he has built a deep friendship in recent times, and was quite particular about strides in agriculture.

“We have cut the importation of rice by about 90%, saving billions of dollars in the process. People who rushed into petrol money have now gone back to agriculture. Even professionals have gone back to the land. Nigeria should be able to feed itself comfortably soon. I am so pleased,” the President said.

On the war against insurgency, he stressed the need for continuous education of the people, “so that they can be free from religious manipulation,” adding that no true religion advocates the hurting or killing of the innocent.

Responding to his guest’s comment on the clashes between herdsmen and farmers in different parts of Nigeria, the President submitted:

“The problem is even older than us. It has always been there, but now made worse by the influx of armed gunmen from the Sahel region into different parts of the West African sub-region. These gunmen were trained and armed by Muammar Gadaffi of Libya. When he was killed, the gunmen escaped with their arms. We encountered some of them fighting with Boko Haram. Herdsmen that we used to know carried only sticks and maybe a cutlass to clear the way, but these ones now carry sophisticated weapons. The problem is not religious, but sociological and economic. But we are working on solutions.”

President Buhari lamented that “irresponsible politics” has been brought into the farmers/herders’ crisis, but assured that enduring solutions would be found, and justice done to all concerned.

On Leah Sharibu, the schoolgirl from Dapchi still being held by insurgents, reportedly because she refused to renounce her Christian faith, the President said:

“We are managing the matter quietly. Making noise would not help. We are collecting as much intelligence as possible, working with the Red Cross and other international organizations. There are too many fraudulent people around, who claim they can do this and that. We won’t deal with them. That was how we got the Dapchi girls back, and the Chibok girls.”

Archbishop Welby said it was always a delight to see President Buhari, “whom I have tremendous respect for,” adding: “You have my best wishes on your recent decision. I read your declaration speech. We are neutral as a church, but we will pray for you. Great statesmen are those who run for the good of their country. We will be praying for you.”

The Archbishop presented President Buhari with a copy of his recent book, ‘Reimagining Britain. Foundations for Hope.’

FEMI ADESINA
Special Adviser to the President
(Media and Publicity)
April 11, 2018.

http://nghubs.info/2019-why-i-declared-intentions-now-by-president-buhari/

Re: 2019: Why I Declared Intentions Now, By President Buhari by nghubs1(m): 5:31pm On Apr 11, 2018
Lalasticlala mynd44
Re: 2019: Why I Declared Intentions Now, By President Buhari by JideAmuGiaka: 5:38pm On Apr 11, 2018
grin Very useless man, you declared your intention to run while airborne.

I pray that your stone coated nyash will reject every injection given to you. Onye oshi.

5 Likes

Re: 2019: Why I Declared Intentions Now, By President Buhari by pbells006: 5:50pm On Apr 11, 2018
shocked

APC

Buhari

Lia

and one self acclaimed pastor leading Nigerians to permanent pitfall
Re: 2019: Why I Declared Intentions Now, By President Buhari by Solidkay(m): 5:52pm On Apr 11, 2018
Thunder fire you there.
Re: 2019: Why I Declared Intentions Now, By President Buhari by jhadu: 6:05pm On Apr 11, 2018
Can this country ever be great?? I doubt it sha.... sad
Re: 2019: Why I Declared Intentions Now, By President Buhari by Ikwokrikwo: 6:11pm On Apr 11, 2018
This idiot is now blaming Gadaffi. Who or what on earth will he not blame form his woes?
Look at the kind of animal Yoruba Muslims worship!!!

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Why I Declared Intentions Now, By President Buhari by clevvermind(m): 6:16pm On Apr 11, 2018
We don't care sir. We just want you back in Daura.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Why I Declared Intentions Now, By President Buhari by SLIMDON88: 6:21pm On Apr 11, 2018
Baba is the most respected man all over Africa today because of how competent and honest he is SAI PMB 2019
Re: 2019: Why I Declared Intentions Now, By President Buhari by Jirate(m): 6:34pm On Apr 11, 2018
SLIMDON88:
[s]Baba is the most respected man all over Africa today because of how competent and honest he is SAI PMB 2019[/s]

What is This One Saying?.... Bubu that was defeated by an ordinary "Stone" in a Popularity Contest here on NL as far back as July, 2016.
https://www.nairaland.com/3232828/win-again-presidential-election-holds#47643336

Re: 2019: Why I Declared Intentions Now, By President Buhari by xxxtedyxxx(m): 6:43pm On Apr 11, 2018
ccha
Re: 2019: Why I Declared Intentions Now, By President Buhari by Jirate(m): 6:53pm On Apr 11, 2018
The majority of Nigerians appreciate what we are doing, and that is why I am re-contesting.”

Mr. President or Whatever you call Yourself, I am a Nigerian, Living in Edo State, to be Honest, I can't see what ever it is you are doing talk less of Appreciations.
I never voted for you before and this time around, I will lay all sort of insults and abuses on any of your supporters that comes across my path, I will not even Listen their Foolish and Stupid views like i did in 2015. cool

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Why I Declared Intentions Now, By President Buhari by evy800(f): 7:30pm On Apr 11, 2018
[quote author=JideAmuGiaka post=66624894] grin Very useless man, you declared your intention to run while airborne.

I pray that your stone coated nyash will reject every injection given to you. Onye oshi.

grin grin

I go personally book u down 4 hate speech
Re: 2019: Why I Declared Intentions Now, By President Buhari by chernest2002: 9:37pm On Apr 11, 2018
It's well, may God keep us alive come 2019 so you will test your popularity. Mr Failure .
Re: 2019: Why I Declared Intentions Now, By President Buhari by chernest2002: 9:37pm On Apr 11, 2018
It's well, may God keep us alive come 2019 so you will test your popularity. Mr Failure ...
Re: 2019: Why I Declared Intentions Now, By President Buhari by JideAmuGiaka: 6:31am On Apr 12, 2018
[quote author=evy800 post=66627522][/quote]

cheesy
Re: 2019: Why I Declared Intentions Now, By President Buhari by omowolewa: 6:34am On Apr 12, 2018
Always blaming something or someone.

Hope there will be Aspirants debate towards 2019 election
Re: 2019: Why I Declared Intentions Now, By President Buhari by Mynd44: 8:28am On Apr 12, 2018

(1)

Politics Of Estate/community Residents Association / APC Congress: Ngige Finally Speaks On Why He Was Attacked In Anambra / Dino Melaye Backtracks; Says Abiola’s GCFR Honour Well Deserved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.