Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,889 members, 7,806,579 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Man Fails To Show Up At His Wedding At Ikoyi Registry, Switches Off His Phones - Events (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Man Fails To Show Up At His Wedding At Ikoyi Registry, Switches Off His Phones (57861 Views)

Indian Groom Runs Away From His Wedding And Jilted Bride Marries A Wedding Guest / Groom Wears T-shirt And Shorts For His Wedding (Photo) / Bride RIdes On Horse To Her Wedding At ECWA, Jos Plateau State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Fails To Show Up At His Wedding At Ikoyi Registry, Switches Off His Phones by pennywys(m): 10:24pm On Apr 11, 2018
vivie01:

Who wouldn't? undecided
We are talking about the D-day here.
Well, barring unfortunate happenings, it's wickedness on the part of any man that does that.
It's not that day that he discovered the problem that now pursued him from attending the event, he could have withdrawn before that date.
the prize every nagging women get to pay is to be disappointed on the D-day as u said probably was just every other day she wouldn't feel embarrassed like the said D-day. She would have going around the town head high blabbing her mouth that she dump the guy, kudos to the guy that dump her officially.

What real guys do this days is to go around harming people with kindness.

2 Likes

Re: Man Fails To Show Up At His Wedding At Ikoyi Registry, Switches Off His Phones by vivie01(f): 10:26pm On Apr 11, 2018
Perfectnumber6:
. Dear what will you call a girl you gave all your heart, love and trust. And at the end she ends up taking you for granted and cheated on you, you caught her cheat several times she promised to change but never did? Don't you think some of them deserves this kind of treatment to feel how it is to hurt someone deliberately?

You see, it could be very painful and it's in both ways, I mean a man can do this to a woman too.
Know that I perfectly understand your angle but some revenge just dont worth it because in the process, you'll hurt many people including yourself.
I think it's just better to allow Karma takes its course or God take revenge for us.
Someone ones said to me that the best form of revenge is to move on, be resolute and determined to succeed the more so that the person that do you wrong will see you on top and regret that he/she ever did you wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Man Fails To Show Up At His Wedding At Ikoyi Registry, Switches Off His Phones by vivie01(f): 10:32pm On Apr 11, 2018
pennywys:
the prize every nagging women get to pay is to be disappointed on the D-day as u said probably was just every other day she wouldn't feel embarrassed like the said D-day. She would have going around the town head high blabbing her mouth that she dump the guy, kudos to the guy that dump her officially.

What real guys do this days is to go around harming people with kindness.

Why not simply end the relationship?
I think an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth, could see innocent people got badly injured along the line and at the end of the day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Fails To Show Up At His Wedding At Ikoyi Registry, Switches Off His Phones by pennywys(m): 10:38pm On Apr 11, 2018
vivie01:

Why not simply end the relationship?
I think an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth, could see innocent people badly injured along the line and at the end of the day.
in the end the guy ended the relationship

FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY Finally FINALLY

2 Likes

Re: Man Fails To Show Up At His Wedding At Ikoyi Registry, Switches Off His Phones by eyeview: 11:01pm On Apr 11, 2018
dyze:

Bro, am a xtian but am considering divorce. Its that bad
My brother, its a question that has been in front burner of many christians. I will answer from two perspectives.
Scripturally, you can only divorce on the grounds of infidelity. If your wife has had an extra marital sexual affair.
Personally, if you have tried all to repair your marriage and she isnt changing and instead seems to be getting worse to the point that u fear for your life and wellbeing, please end it than dying

1 Like

Re: Man Fails To Show Up At His Wedding At Ikoyi Registry, Switches Off His Phones by mamawin(f): 11:12pm On Apr 11, 2018
Troublemaker007:
If I can go back in time i will.....

Repropose to my wife over and over again.
hnmmm.....so sweet!
Re: Man Fails To Show Up At His Wedding At Ikoyi Registry, Switches Off His Phones by megama: 11:22pm On Apr 11, 2018
GistRealm:
According to a story shared by a Twitter user on the platform. A man identified as Babatunde Jubril failed to show up for his court marriage at Ikoyi registry today.
His parents and bride were at the venue waiting for him but he was no where to be found as his phones were switched off.

https://www.gistrealm.com/man-fail-to-show-up-at-his-wedding-today-in-lagos-switch-off-his-phones/

no time is late, so they say."never be late than late"
Re: Man Fails To Show Up At His Wedding At Ikoyi Registry, Switches Off His Phones by stilldoingokay(f): 11:37pm On Apr 11, 2018
eyeview:
I have a few friends who regret till date why they didnt walk away at the altar than the hell they are passing thru in the hands of the women they married.
Its still better to abscond on wedding day than a lifetime of hell with a bad wife or husband

their is something called divorce it very easy, what are their waiting for. if their life is a living hell?.
Re: Man Fails To Show Up At His Wedding At Ikoyi Registry, Switches Off His Phones by Platony(m): 11:54pm On Apr 11, 2018
He's a coward!!!!.....wats der if u tell her b4 nw dat u cnt marry her instead of running on d marriage day. Bulls**t!!!
Re: Man Fails To Show Up At His Wedding At Ikoyi Registry, Switches Off His Phones by Nobody: 12:02am On Apr 12, 2018
eyeview:
I have a few friends who regret till date why they didnt walk away at the altar than the hell they are passing thru in the hands of the women they married.
Its still better to abscond on wedding day than a lifetime of hell with a bad wife or husband

True talk. I should have walked away
Re: Man Fails To Show Up At His Wedding At Ikoyi Registry, Switches Off His Phones by Perfectnumber6(m): 12:08am On Apr 12, 2018
vivie01:

You see, it could be very painful and it's in both ways, I mean a man can do this to a woman too.
Know that I perfectly understand your angle but some revenge just dont worth it because in the process, you'll hurt many people including yourself.
I think it's just better to allow Karma takes its course or God take revenge for us.
Someone ones said to me that the best form of revenge is to move on, be resolute and determined to succeed the more so that the person that do you wrong will see you on top and regret that he/she ever did you wrong.
. This is the truth you've just won my heart here, well I have always forgiven easily and moved on and trust me every body that ever hurts me in one way or the other , after a while always find their way back to me to apologize.

1 Like

Re: Man Fails To Show Up At His Wedding At Ikoyi Registry, Switches Off His Phones by ChimuchiYola(f): 12:12am On Apr 12, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Issa ghost

Nwa guy.... oti jabo !!!!
Re: Man Fails To Show Up At His Wedding At Ikoyi Registry, Switches Off His Phones by Luminee(f): 12:27am On Apr 12, 2018
fuckingAyaya:
village people

No be small thing
Re: Man Fails To Show Up At His Wedding At Ikoyi Registry, Switches Off His Phones by mytym(m): 1:03am On Apr 12, 2018
Everyone blaming the guy or the lady.
Anything could have happened. Any thing!

His parents may have forced her on him or her parents.
He may have been kidnapped
His battery may be flat while stuck in traffic
The dude tweeting didn't say for how long he was there to tweet live events.

He may have actually absconded from the wedding.

Any f*-king thing could have happened!
Re: Man Fails To Show Up At His Wedding At Ikoyi Registry, Switches Off His Phones by skales67(m): 1:27am On Apr 12, 2018
BETTER FOR THE WOMAN THAN ENDING UP WITH A DEMON

Re: Man Fails To Show Up At His Wedding At Ikoyi Registry, Switches Off His Phones by xtervaganza(m): 2:23am On Apr 12, 2018
I wish I did the same thing

1 Like

Re: Man Fails To Show Up At His Wedding At Ikoyi Registry, Switches Off His Phones by Cornerstone2020(m): 2:31am On Apr 12, 2018
vivie01:

Not denying that dear.
I however was against absconding that day.
He could have confronted the lady and easily walked away or quit the relationship if the answers weren't satisfying.
I quite agree with you

1 Like

Re: Man Fails To Show Up At His Wedding At Ikoyi Registry, Switches Off His Phones by Edge1(m): 2:56am On Apr 12, 2018
agbonkamen:
I don't know why some guys are this stupid. Its not a must to get married if you can't coping with her short comings don't propose at all, leave her alone don't waste her time so that someone else who can cope with her short comings will find her in time. I need a licensed gun I swear if any guy disgrace me like this I will blow off his sorry brain......

Wat is this one saying?

Hanty calm down, the coping and time is not your own

Re: Man Fails To Show Up At His Wedding At Ikoyi Registry, Switches Off His Phones by t2luv1: 3:43am On Apr 12, 2018
vivie01:

Exactly!
Why not call the wedding off before that date?
Why put up such callous act just to punish the woman?

I am not saying what the man did was right. But I understand.

1 Like

Re: Man Fails To Show Up At His Wedding At Ikoyi Registry, Switches Off His Phones by jojo1415: 4:13am On Apr 12, 2018
He did a vry big april fool to them grin grin
Re: Man Fails To Show Up At His Wedding At Ikoyi Registry, Switches Off His Phones by Smartwin: 4:58am On Apr 12, 2018
He might have been kidnapped like in Africa magic you know the story na
Re: Man Fails To Show Up At His Wedding At Ikoyi Registry, Switches Off His Phones by 1234IKECHhukwu: 5:47am On Apr 12, 2018
U won't understand some ladies deserves what he just did.[quote author=vivie01 post=66626806]

Exactly!
Why not call the wedding off before that date?
Why put up such callous act just to punish the woman?
[/quote)
Re: Man Fails To Show Up At His Wedding At Ikoyi Registry, Switches Off His Phones by Sholaystar4me(m): 6:00am On Apr 12, 2018
2+2 is 4 minus 1 that's 3 quick maths....

D guy don calcu..he see say na overload responsibility go ruin am na why cheesy
Re: Man Fails To Show Up At His Wedding At Ikoyi Registry, Switches Off His Phones by alenwup(m): 6:11am On Apr 12, 2018
Why are women taking this post so personal. Una d imagine sey even even fit be you oo?

1 Like

Re: Man Fails To Show Up At His Wedding At Ikoyi Registry, Switches Off His Phones by petenweke: 6:33am On Apr 12, 2018
When he was telling them since say him no want dem no gree, see na

2 Likes

Re: Man Fails To Show Up At His Wedding At Ikoyi Registry, Switches Off His Phones by imitateMe(m): 6:41am On Apr 12, 2018
agbonkamen:
I don't know why some guys are this stupid. Its not a must to get married if you can't coping with her short comings don't propose at all, leave her alone don't waste her time so that someone else who can cope with her short comings will find her in time. I need a licensed gun I swear if any guy disgrace me like this I will blow off his sorry brain......

Re: Man Fails To Show Up At His Wedding At Ikoyi Registry, Switches Off His Phones by biggy26: 7:58am On Apr 12, 2018
eyeview:
Why abscond when u can break it up. You only create more bad blood in many quarters.
Re: Man Fails To Show Up At His Wedding At Ikoyi Registry, Switches Off His Phones by Gavel(m): 8:11am On Apr 12, 2018
Weddings are not conducted at marriage registries na.
Re: Man Fails To Show Up At His Wedding At Ikoyi Registry, Switches Off His Phones by bossrillboss: 8:21am On Apr 12, 2018
Nebes:
Traffic delayed my wife on our wedding day. People come dey pity me for church.

I tell u from experience, that feeling is not good at all.
...Lwkmd..I wonder d kind sweat wey go dey flow frm ur head enta center of ur anus.lol
Re: Man Fails To Show Up At His Wedding At Ikoyi Registry, Switches Off His Phones by Igbins14(m): 8:40am On Apr 12, 2018
eyeview:

Bros i agree with u, but it wasn't just a day plan before it get to the alter. Why will you start what you know u'r not going to complete. He that put his hands on a plough and look back is not fit for the journey. Its a common saying that "u look before u lip" and not to lip before u look. my take anyway,
Re: Man Fails To Show Up At His Wedding At Ikoyi Registry, Switches Off His Phones by Donmeca(m): 8:41am On Apr 12, 2018
Safiaa:
Why not just tell the girl you no wan marry again beforehand. Like I don’t gerrit.

It's called "cold feet", mostly an ominous sign of what to come that may be quite dangerous or that u may not be ready to carry. A damning revelation at d last minute can serve you cold feet.

Not saying standing a babe up in such manner is the best but hey, it's better than subjecting her to emotional punishments and murdering her in a few years.

i fell for the girl though.

Will the guests eat the already cooked rice and get drunk in the already bought drinks now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bride And Groom Look So Sad On Their Wedding Day (Photos) / You Are Not 17, Nigerians Tell Lady Who Celebrated Her 17th Birthday / Dead Man Made To Sit Like He's Playing Video Game During His Burial(p

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.