Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

Tell Us The Strategy To Get A Draw With Argentina Or Beat Them? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tell Us The Strategy To Get A Draw With Argentina Or Beat Them? (1229 Views)

Nigerians React To Super Eagles' 1 - 1 Draw With Egypt / Nigeria In The World-cup Group F With Argentina, Iran and Bosnia Herzegovina / Letter To Ghanaians After Nigeria Beat Them 6:1. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tell Us The Strategy To Get A Draw With Argentina Or Beat Them? by Marlbron: 1:04pm On May 13, 2010
Imagine Largerbak just called your mobile. He needs your complete analysis and formation to cage Argentina and give the Super Eagles a chance to progress beyond th group stages. What formation would you play against Argentina our first major test? Which players would you use and why? please stick to the issues- Thanks
Re: Tell Us The Strategy To Get A Draw With Argentina Or Beat Them? by coolman19(m): 1:08pm On May 13, 2010
4.4.2 formation ,i think i will work for Nigerians
Re: Tell Us The Strategy To Get A Draw With Argentina Or Beat Them? by Nobody: 1:25pm On May 13, 2010
i think either 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 the picture below shows it

4-4-2 4-5-1

X      X        X        X X X X X

X      X        X        X X X X
X X
         X      X X

4-5-1: i made 2 attacking midfielders so that the forward wont be lonely and more people could have a chance on the goal
Re: Tell Us The Strategy To Get A Draw With Argentina Or Beat Them? by 12large: 1:58pm On May 13, 2010
before i was thinking about a 451 formation, but after seeing argentina squad i say we should attack them. their midfield would be veron and masherano so i say attack. veron is too hot tempered and old, while masherano is accident waiting to happen.
Re: Tell Us The Strategy To Get A Draw With Argentina Or Beat Them? by snakova(m): 3:14pm On May 13, 2010
Play an amphibious 4-5-1 that changes into 4-3-3 when attacking. It guarantees two men marking Messi every time he's on the ball.
Re: Tell Us The Strategy To Get A Draw With Argentina Or Beat Them? by SleekReek(m): 3:46pm On May 13, 2010
I will use a 4-3-1-2 formation

Enyeama

Yobo                                Rabiu                  Shittu                        Taiwo

Mikel

Osaze                                            Etuhu

Kalu

Anichebe             Obafemi

Rabiu and Shittu are both rugged die hard defenders and also have the height,to deal with long balls,i will put Yobo at right back,he is more experienced in that position than Odiah and has the height,but i will work on his concentration.Taiwo will play because,i need someone who will attack down the left side,when he does Etuhu will cover for him.Mikel will sit deep infront of the back four,and give them cover and also lay out the passes.Osaze has been known to not only make vorages from the wings but is also a good distributor of the ball. Kalu will sit just in front of the two strikers,he is a very good supporting striker and can play the playmaker quite well.Anichebe can be very dangerous to the opponents in this position,because of his height and power,i think playing him on the wings stiffles his real pontential as an all out striker.Obafemi is also a deadly striker in my own submission,once he can get the right passes,then he can run at the Argentinian defence.

My strategy is go for early goals, while keeping it tight at the back,there will be no foraging of the right backs in the first half.My impact subs wiil be Peter Utaka,Ike Uche,and Kanu depending on scores.
Re: Tell Us The Strategy To Get A Draw With Argentina Or Beat Them? by 12large: 4:35pm On May 13, 2010
sleek reek abeg shut up. never ever suggest this rubbish again, do you think that we are playing congo or gabon, thats why you put this extremly slow players in central defence. no matter what the pairings in center back against argentina must be apam and adeleye, i mean they know them very well and please this is not 2002 yobo is not a good rb odiah is better than him there
Re: Tell Us The Strategy To Get A Draw With Argentina Or Beat Them? by Marlbron: 5:32pm On May 13, 2010
Sleek Reek:

I will use a 4-3-1-2 formation

Enyeama

Yobo                                Rabiu                  Shittu                        Taiwo

Mikel

Osaze                                            Etuhu

Kalu

Anichebe             Obafemi

Rabiu and Shittu are both rugged die hard defenders and also have the height,to deal with long balls,i will put Yobo at right back,he is more experienced in that position than Odiah and has the height,but i will work on his concentration.Taiwo will play because,i need someone who will attack down the left side,when he does Etuhu will cover for him.Mikel will sit deep infront of the back four,and give them cover and also lay out the passes.Osaze has been known to not only make vorages from the wings but is also a good distributor of the ball. Kalu will sit just in front of the two strikers,he is a very good supporting striker and can play the playmaker quite well.Anichebe can be very dangerous to the opponents in this position,because of his height and power,i think playing him on the wings stiffles his real pontential as an all out striker.Obafemi is also a deadly striker in my own submission,once he can get the right passes,then he can run at the Argentinian defence.

My strategy is go for early goals, while keeping it tight at the back,there will be no foraging of the right backs in the first half.My impact subs wiil be Peter Utaka,Ike Uche,and Kanu depending on scores.

Sleek, the opponent is Argentina not South Africa. Have never seen Yobo play RB in a competitive environment. Why play your best striker Osaze so deep as a midfielder? I kow you want him to help defensively and at the mid, but he is not that good as a ball distributor!
Re: Tell Us The Strategy To Get A Draw With Argentina Or Beat Them? by semid4lyfe(m): 9:03pm On May 13, 2010
12large:

sleek reek abeg shut up. never ever suggest this rubbish again, do you think that we are playing congo or gabon, thats why you put this extremly slow players in central defence. no matter what the pairings in center back against argentina must be apam and adeleye, i mean they know them very well and please this is not 2002 yobo is not a good rb odiah is better than him there
Jeez! Can't you make your point without cursing?
Re: Tell Us The Strategy To Get A Draw With Argentina Or Beat Them? by hollandis(f): 9:38pm On May 13, 2010
Enyeama

Odiah Rabiu Adeleye Echiejele

Haruna

Osaze Nsofor

Ikechukwu Taiwo

Obafemi or Utaka
Re: Tell Us The Strategy To Get A Draw With Argentina Or Beat Them? by bawomolo(m): 11:26pm On May 13, 2010
^^^

that formation is so offensive-minded. are you making the assumption that argentina would be on the counter-attack or something?

they would eat up that lineup.
Re: Tell Us The Strategy To Get A Draw With Argentina Or Beat Them? by hollandis(f): 6:58am On May 14, 2010
@bawomolo -The best form of defence is attack
Re: Tell Us The Strategy To Get A Draw With Argentina Or Beat Them? by Tattooboy: 1:04pm On May 14, 2010
@hollandis, as Barca did at Sansiro few weeks ago?
Re: Tell Us The Strategy To Get A Draw With Argentina Or Beat Them? by cescjay(m): 1:55pm On May 14, 2010
4-2-3-1
Against argentina the midfield is very very important and we also need players that are good markers like ayila etuhu and mikel in mildfield.sharp striker like uche osase and anichebe.
Defence:1 vicent 2 odiah 3 ech 5,6 yobo and adele midfield:4 ayila and etuhu 11,7 osase and uche 10 mikel.forward: 9 anichebi
i think dis will do
Re: Tell Us The Strategy To Get A Draw With Argentina Or Beat Them? by cescjay(m): 2:05pm On May 14, 2010
Martins and d utakas will also b gud 4 this match,kanu would have been gud 4 some killa passes but he is too slow.uche is also gud in midfield
Re: Tell Us The Strategy To Get A Draw With Argentina Or Beat Them? by 12large: 2:18pm On May 14, 2010
cesjay or whatever your foolish name is, mikel is no more a playmaker, the guy is a defensive midfilder, why should we play 3 defensive midfilders against argentina. people should stop suggesting 3 defensive midfilders because that is a totally useless formation. remember how a 35 year old player ahmed hassan destroyed nigeria with 3 dms
Re: Tell Us The Strategy To Get A Draw With Argentina Or Beat Them? by montelik(m): 4:36pm On May 14, 2010
Its may not necessarily come down to formation and tactics. Even if you pick a solid starting eleven, Argentina have a much stronger squad and deeper bench than us. That means even if you get the first eleven right, Argentina can easily change tactics and approach during the game and leave us without an appropriate response (our squad is far from talented). I see the Argentine squad and they can employ so many different tactics and approaches to game that trying to win by canceling them out from the start may not work, also I don't think we have the players, cohesion and coach to attempt to try and take the game to them in a direct head on confrontation. As well as whatever tactics we choose we have to get the mindset of players right before such a game, be prepared for the unexpected, they may play slow or fast, with a fix formation or fluid formation. Also fitness and stamina (both mental and physical) will matter just as much as tactics because make no mistake we are facing a squad much, much better team than ours. Tactics and formation will not be enough to get us past Argentina, particularly if they play anywhere near their best.
Re: Tell Us The Strategy To Get A Draw With Argentina Or Beat Them? by cescjay(m): 7:06am On May 15, 2010
@12large you dont have 2 be insultive to tell me u dont like my formation,im not the coach im just a soccer fan.my formation was just a sugestion,i think d coach should knw beta.
Re: Tell Us The Strategy To Get A Draw With Argentina Or Beat Them? by cescjay(m): 7:07am On May 15, 2010
@12large you dont have 2 be insultive to tell me u dont like my formation,im not the coach im just a soccer fan.my formation was just a sugestion,i think d coach should knw beta.
Re: Tell Us The Strategy To Get A Draw With Argentina Or Beat Them? by triistar86: 9:24am On May 15, 2010
Before all of una start to dey insult una self and fight here is the best strategy by coach Agbonmabiwon a.k.a Omo ekun Alias Seru bawon Jawon laya. . . .  wink

Cripple Messi,

Decapitate Higuain,

And finally render Carlito clueless with the use of mariwo. . . .

If at the end we dont win them, then I am definitely not the son of my father. . . .  grin grin grin grin

As simple as A B C. . . . cool
Re: Tell Us The Strategy To Get A Draw With Argentina Or Beat Them? by deb(m): 1:26pm On May 19, 2010
Pack the mildfield and make it water tight then place one or two fast strikers in front for a counter.

My only fear based on my observation of the argentines lately is that they don't leave their positions to overlap to another.
Their defenders stay behind while their attacks stay upfront almost 90% of the time that means before you can beat them you have
to be able to match them skill for skill, energy for energy and concentration for 101% concentration. God dey o! because Messi is
actually 3 in 1 putting us at great disadvantage of playing 11 against 13
Re: Tell Us The Strategy To Get A Draw With Argentina Or Beat Them? by johnterry4: 9:45am On May 20, 2010
[size=16pt]kill messi,milto,di maria,aguero and tevex[/size]
Re: Tell Us The Strategy To Get A Draw With Argentina Or Beat Them? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:15pm On May 22, 2010
johnterry4:

[size=16pt]kill messi,milto,di maria,aguero and tevex[/size]

I second that, but they must be dead before they arrive SA otherwise our boys will already be emotionally demoralised grin

(1) (Reply)

D´elite Trial "European Dream Come True" Nigeria 2013 / Soccer Academy For Kids In Nigeria?? / Sunday Mba Makes Goal.com Top 50 List. Ranked 24th Ahead Of Ibrahimovic, Pirlo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.