Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,357 members, 7,800,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

Hon Jimi Benson Hosts CEO Of Foodclique At Icare Foodbank- End Hunger In Nigeria - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Hon Jimi Benson Hosts CEO Of Foodclique At Icare Foodbank- End Hunger In Nigeria (11656 Views)

Ayo Benson Emerges Winner Of Goldberg’s Ariya Omoluabi Music Talent Show / Sandralia Hotel Hosts Abuja All White Pool Party Amidst Wide Anticipation / End Hunger Food Bank Initiative In Nigeria And Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hon Jimi Benson Hosts CEO Of Foodclique At Icare Foodbank- End Hunger In Nigeria by apesinola001: 5:56am On Apr 12, 2018
I am hungry
Re: Hon Jimi Benson Hosts CEO Of Foodclique At Icare Foodbank- End Hunger In Nigeria by okonja(m): 6:12am On Apr 12, 2018
All these NGO self... undecided, instead of creating enabling environment that will make everyone work n earn to live, they would be cooking up and down. Would the food be available everyday of their life? undecided
Re: Hon Jimi Benson Hosts CEO Of Foodclique At Icare Foodbank- End Hunger In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:25am On Apr 12, 2018
okonja:
All these NGO self... undecided, instead of creating enabling environment that will make everyone work n earn to live, they would be cooking up and down. Would the food be available everyday of their life? undecided
Everything ain't about work. Even the USA gat food banks where people go in to eat for free.
Re: Hon Jimi Benson Hosts CEO Of Foodclique At Icare Foodbank- End Hunger In Nigeria by Ijeshalomo(m): 6:48am On Apr 12, 2018
Why don't we imbibe the good way that every individual will appreciate? Why do we like to encourage stomach infrastructure? For how long will you feed people.

Teach them how to plant and produce food. Rent out tractors and farming machinery out at subsidized rate. Eating is not our problem. Don't humiliate us in this country. We are not as worst as this.

Youths going into farming are not reverting their acrion. Why can't you get them cheap lands, storage facilities for the farm produce?

Since I was young, our agric teacher taught me the major problem of agriculture in Nigeria. Till date we have never seen changes. Lack of storage facilities, lack of accessible road, etc. Your organisation could have taken one of this problem and proved solutions rather than pouring cups of water inside an ocean.

We like eye service in this part of the world. Lay down a good legacy and your name would remain. Your food program will die and your name will never ring bell.

When you empower youths, the beneficiaries will be the one to talk good about you. Now it is in your court to now decide if you still want to go ahead with your food infrastructure program.

Thanks

NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Everything ain't about work. Even the USA gat food banks where people go in to eat for free.
Re: Hon Jimi Benson Hosts CEO Of Foodclique At Icare Foodbank- End Hunger In Nigeria by MexicanWolf: 6:59am On Apr 12, 2018
It is easy to say teach them to fish. How long do you think the training would last when the students don't have food to eat? There are over 2000 food banks in the UK alone. That's a population of roughly 70 million people. We are almost 200 million. Even people with jobs in UK use food banks because by the time you pay rent and taxes you might not have money for food.

Hunger is different from poverty. The need to survive can make even the most honest man do crazy things.

A food bank goes beyond giving out food items. They also do training and some of them have micro-credit schemes to help people get back on their feet.

I have seen food poor families. It is never a pleasant experience to see children almost deformed by hunger. This man should be encouraged.

God willing I will start my own food bank soon.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hon Jimi Benson Hosts CEO Of Foodclique At Icare Foodbank- End Hunger In Nigeria by Ijeshalomo(m): 7:05am On Apr 12, 2018
We all know where they are driving at. Election is around the corner. Take the bull by the horn. Bring up good initiative. Not food infrastructure.

Take your succor to IDP camps.

MexicanWolf:
It is easy to say teach them to fish. How long do you think the training would last when the students don't have food to eat? There are over 2000 food banks in the UK alone. That's a population of roughly 70 million people. We are almost 200 million. Even people with jobs in UK use food banks because by the time you pay rent and taxes you might not have money for food.

Hunger is different from poverty. The need to survive can make even the most honest man do crazy things.

A food bank goes beyond giving out food items. They also do training and some of them have micro-credit schemes to help people get back on their feet.

I have seen food poor families. It is never a pleasant experience to see children almost deformed by hunger. This man should be encouraged.

God willing I will start my own food bank soon.
Re: Hon Jimi Benson Hosts CEO Of Foodclique At Icare Foodbank- End Hunger In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:42am On Apr 12, 2018
Ijeshalomo:
Why don't we imbibe the good way that every individual will appreciate? Why do we like to encourage stomach infrastructure? For how long will you feed people.

Teach them how to plant and produce food. Rent out tractors and farming machinery out at subsidized rate. Eating is not our problem. Don't humiliate us in this country. We are not as worst as this.

Youths going into farming are not reverting their acrion. Why can't you get them cheap lands, storage facilities for the farm produce?

Since I was young, our agric teacher taught me the major problem of agriculture in Nigeria. Till date we have never seen changes. Lack of storage facilities, lack of accessible road, etc. Your organisation could have taken one of this problem and proved solutions rather than pouring cups of water inside an ocean.

We like eye service in this part of the world. Lay down a good legacy and your name would remain. Your food program will die and your name will never ring bell.

When you empower youths, the beneficiaries will be the one to talk good about you. Now it is in your court to now decide if you still want to go ahead with your food infrastructure program.

Thanks

You should understand me please... We have the elderly ones, handicapped one that will benefit from the free food. I am not saying young individuals should be fed but when one has no where to turn to, no food on the table, there should be a good kitchen that offers free food. Too bad our country always abuses opportunities. Developed countries have these free food centers, they even pay unemployed citizens!
Re: Hon Jimi Benson Hosts CEO Of Foodclique At Icare Foodbank- End Hunger In Nigeria by Ijeshalomo(m): 7:50am On Apr 12, 2018
When you do the right empowerment of youth by teaching how to farm and produce food, food would be cheap and available to all.

Let us solve the actual problem and not merigoround

NwanyiAwkaetiti:
You should understand me please... We have the elderly ones, handicapped one that will benefit from the free food. I am not saying young individuals should be fed but when one has no where to turn to, no food on the table, there should be a good kitchen that offers free food. Too bad our country always abuses opportunities. Developed countries have these free food centers, they even pay unemployed citizens!
Re: Hon Jimi Benson Hosts CEO Of Foodclique At Icare Foodbank- End Hunger In Nigeria by okonja(m): 8:44am On Apr 12, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:

That's because USA gat a working system......Nothing is working here in Nigeria undecided undecided
Re: Hon Jimi Benson Hosts CEO Of Foodclique At Icare Foodbank- End Hunger In Nigeria by okonja(m): 8:47am On Apr 12, 2018
TaiKuun:
My name is Yusuf Odukoya. I am the Chief Creative Officer at Schwartz Bacher Systems. You may have a look at some of my works here https://www.nairaland.com/4211647/nairaland-graphic-design-portfolio. Please, do not hesitate to contact me if you need to execute any website and/or creative design project.

Are you a Nigerian or German...because this your business username is not just sweet angry`
Re: Hon Jimi Benson Hosts CEO Of Foodclique At Icare Foodbank- End Hunger In Nigeria by TaiKuun(m): 9:01am On Apr 12, 2018
okonja:

Are you a Nigerian or German...because this your business username is not just sweet angry`

Hi Okonja.
Please visit our website if you wish to know more.
Thank you
Re: Hon Jimi Benson Hosts CEO Of Foodclique At Icare Foodbank- End Hunger In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 12, 2018
Ijeshalomo:
When you do the right empowerment of youth by teaching how to farm and produce food, food would be cheap and available to all.

Let us solve the actual problem and not merigoround

Yes sir. Come let's start up an empowerment scheme
Re: Hon Jimi Benson Hosts CEO Of Foodclique At Icare Foodbank- End Hunger In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:14am On Apr 12, 2018
okonja:

That's because USA gat a working system......Nothing is working here in Nigeria undecided undecided
You right. We'll get there eventually.
Re: Hon Jimi Benson Hosts CEO Of Foodclique At Icare Foodbank- End Hunger In Nigeria by Ijeshalomo(m): 9:42am On Apr 12, 2018
Not an issue. As long as it is a scheme to lift my country up, I will gladly support.

NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Yes sir. Come let's start up an empowerment scheme
Re: Hon Jimi Benson Hosts CEO Of Foodclique At Icare Foodbank- End Hunger In Nigeria by protouchcakes: 9:56am On Apr 12, 2018
its definitely too late..why is he flaunting the idea now when it is close to another election...i see nothin he has done for ikorodu other than advertising himself with banners...if he wants a reelection he should face that rather than using an idea to fool the poor masses..when hunger was in the land where was the idea...no one can be fooled..abike dabiri perfromed bettter just like ambode can never meet up to fashola's achievements
Re: Hon Jimi Benson Hosts CEO Of Foodclique At Icare Foodbank- End Hunger In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 12, 2018
Ijeshalomo:
Not an issue. As long as it is a scheme to lift my country up, I will gladly support.

Nice
Re: Hon Jimi Benson Hosts CEO Of Foodclique At Icare Foodbank- End Hunger In Nigeria by paparazzi1987(m): 11:32am On Apr 13, 2018
Alfaab:

Innovative way of feeding the poor* Get a suitable large place for them with chairs,everybody seated and their tokens given to them neatly packed and with prayers and thanks,everybody goes home happy.
Do not dehumanize them by telling them to line up in the public,u under the sun or in full glare of people that will mock them.Pls,stomach infrastructural governors should take note and fear almighty God.If you dehumanize the poor,remember that karma is a boomerang.

There are places called FOOD BANK in Canada and US where people line up in a long queue to get there portion every thuesday.

We Nigerians always try hard to look for dirts inside EVA water. grin
Re: Hon Jimi Benson Hosts CEO Of Foodclique At Icare Foodbank- End Hunger In Nigeria by miqos02(m): 7:49pm On Apr 15, 2018
Hotfreeze:

Have you heard of the World Food Program? I'm sure you're ignorant of it and that's why you're coming here to disgrace yourself.

FYI, there are tons of charities that distribute food to the destitute and hungry.

Food is very important. For instance, if you were properly fed, blood would pump into your brain and you won't be typing nonsense as if Yusuf Buhari's bike landed on your head.
giving them food always will not bring an end to their poverty, you need to empower them
Re: Hon Jimi Benson Hosts CEO Of Foodclique At Icare Foodbank- End Hunger In Nigeria by Alfaab: 2:12pm On Apr 27, 2018
paparazzi1987:

There are places called FOOD BANK in Canada and US where people line up in a long queue to get there portion every thuesday.

We Nigerians always try hard to look for dirts inside EVA water. grin

We can teach them a little decency too,you know.
Re: Hon Jimi Benson Hosts CEO Of Foodclique At Icare Foodbank- End Hunger In Nigeria by whizqueen(f): 12:03am On Jun 18, 2018
Ijeshalomo:

Thanks

There are several Youth empowerment programs going on, some are govt owned and some are supported by NGOs/Philanthropists. A lot of youths have taken advantage of the opportunities but are unable to apply some of the skills they were taught because the environment is not enabling. It's easy to say 'teach a man to fish' but what if the skill I can teach you is of no interest to you? or if you can't finance or sustain it?

If every one of us tries to feed at least one hungry persons out there don't you think there will only be a very insignificant number of hungry people left? As a matter of fact, a hungry person cannot learn a skill. A hungry person is prone to the thoughts of attempting suicide, theft and other vices.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Happy New Year 2015 Romantic Greeting Cards For Lovers / Nairaland Blogger, Drift King, CEO Otownloaded.com Celebrates His Birthday / 2018 Brides To Be, Get In Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.