Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

I Don't Understand Him Any More - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Don't Understand Him Any More (1419 Views)

I Don't Understand My Girl! / Don't Seem To Understand Him Any Longer / Your Boyfriend - How To Understand Him Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Understand Him Any More by comforte: 1:54pm On May 13, 2010
good day.please i need your advise. i have been dating this guy for two years now. things have been rosy and good. he introduced me to some of his family members but not his parents and i took him to see my mother and she accepted him. the only problem i have with him is he' taking me to see his parents.he will say its too early that when its time, he will take me to see them. but recently, his attitude changed we do communicate every day before. now he calls once in 3days. and when i asked him he said its his job and he doesn't have much on him and can't call from a call cent re. he doesn't come around even when he is off duty . please friends advise me cos i don't know what to do right now. should i call it quit or still hold on, 1 am 27 and am not thinking of starting another relationship
Re: I Don't Understand Him Any More by vivaladiva(f): 1:59pm On May 13, 2010
u cnt start anoda rel at 27, wat d fck, its gals like u that give guys the impression marriage is a do or die thing
people start rel in their 50s and 60s
so u wld rather end up wiv a guy that threats u like dirth than start afreash wiv some one u deserve, because ur 27
ernestly, this is crazy
i was willing to understand ur situation, bt wat u said bout ur age just aint cool wiv me
Re: I Don't Understand Him Any More by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 13, 2010
strong wording from me u might just be in this r/ship for the nxt three years trying to understand him meanwhile if u move now u might just enjoy urself and meet mr right.but then again tyhis is a r/ship u've been in for the last 2 years its not going to be easy to move so this is my advise.since he is pulling out u try your heaven best to work things out give this time.this time we are talking about must have a time limit say like 2 mnths.if things dont improve begin to pull out too.tops evrything should be 3 mnths after that everything is in God's hand because you cant force anyone to love u.just move on but first try your best sha
Re: I Don't Understand Him Any More by fubiluv: 3:30pm On May 13, 2010
My dear,its very hard it move out of a long time relationship.
But when one person has fallen out of love,its game up.
Try and know what the problem is?if its what you did?
All the same,Don't take shit from a man,i tell you,its not wort it.
You are still young and have a whole life b4 you.Good luck. smiley
Re: I Don't Understand Him Any More by petebor02(m): 3:34pm On May 13, 2010
must he be the one to call or pay visit? u too have to act, so stop complaining nothing is wrong with ur relationship
Re: I Don't Understand Him Any More by comforte: 4:29pm On May 13, 2010
i do most of the visiting and calls and anytime i ask him why he didn't call he will respond shabily and he wont show ant sign of remorse
Re: I Don't Understand Him Any More by petebor02(m): 4:39pm On May 13, 2010
well as u know that happens almost in every relationship.even i do that sometimes to my girlfriend and that doesn't mean that i dont love her aynmore.so just keep ur cool and knowing that u still have him as ur baby boy.ok
Re: I Don't Understand Him Any More by comforte: 6:46pm On May 13, 2010
@andromida and fubiluv. what are the steps i can take to make things work out the way i want.pls help
Re: I Don't Understand Him Any More by yme1(f): 7:14pm On May 13, 2010
@poster
you are the reason why he is backing out undecided
because from what i read you are pressuring him to get married to you
and he is not f-ucking ready for that
Re: I Don't Understand Him Any More by blakbarbie: 10:25pm On May 13, 2010
comforte, let me give u some comfort, HE'S JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU SWEETY, if i were u i wldnt waste my time, keep ur options open lady, real talk.
Re: I Don't Understand Him Any More by luap: 10:31pm On May 13, 2010
Your 27 and have a long way to go. You know the answer and are avoiding it. You know down deep inside after two years and not meeting his parents. One of your friends should have smacked you upside the head after 6 months. They probably tried, but this guy has some power over you. You obviously are desperate or hooked on his manhood. Smell the roses you already know what is up.
Re: I Don't Understand Him Any More by neily(f): 11:00pm On May 13, 2010
My dear when a guy gives excuses wit his work, just know that there is someone on the line. FORGET HIM! at ur age u can start another relationship that can last. DON'T FORCE URSELF ON HIM! Later u might regret it.
Re: I Don't Understand Him Any More by simpleseyi: 11:53pm On May 13, 2010
Dear Comfort,

I am a guy, I just did a formal introduction with my girl of about 4 years some months back. You know what? Before my introduction my mum told my girl to hold me tight and hurry me up because if she (my girl) waits for my time, then the time may never come as she (my mum) is sure that i will never be ready.

Some days to my introduction, i started having these feelings - Do I really want to go into this? Am I sure that I want to get married now? Why do I want to marry now when I can remain single and keep many girlfriends and bedmates? So many things started cropping up in my brain all against the introduction and nearby wedding.

The same thing is happeing to you guy now. It's like it happens to most guys, I am not too sure of this anyway. That is why most guys get married only when they get someone pregnant. Not that guys don't love their partners but GUYS ARE JUST SCARED OF COMMITMENT for no justifiable reason.

So, please be very very patient with your guy. He is going through some psychological stress on this issue. He loves you dearly but he is scared of commitment just like I was too and I am still scared up till today. If you pretend you are going to leave him, he will go on his kneels and beg. Just be reminding him of this regularly, don't be naughty with this. Slow and steady wins the race.

GOOD LUCK.
Re: I Don't Understand Him Any More by abrahym(m): 6:21am On May 14, 2010
U can always delete em and look for sumtin sweeter
Re: I Don't Understand Him Any More by SAGoddess: 7:07am On May 14, 2010
@ 27 you think you are too old to start over, when did people stop living?  I seem to have missed the memo  wink live woman, you are young and free, enjoy it!
Marriage and children are "forever"

Just a little advice from the Goddess  wink I have learnt that you can't make someone love you if s/he don't love you anymore, most times there is an expiry date on relationships, even marriage sometimes so don't beat yourself up because of a failed relationship, life happens!
Re: I Don't Understand Him Any More by Nobody: 10:51am On May 14, 2010
ok these are some steps you can try.you have to have faith in yourself that you deserve to be treated right.I have met and have frends who always believe you should manage a man no matter what they do the guy still leaves them.in other words dont settle for less if you do you will always get less than what you thought you were settling for.this is just to make you think well well do you want this guy or do you just want to marry ASAP.but if you really want this guy,you sure he likes you pls be patient,be his frend not wifey by force,ask him what the probs is but if you knw men that want to run away even if you ask him these qxns he will just tell u stories.you have to rely and work with your inituition,all the blames may not be his because you may have shown some behaviour that turned him off.try not to disturb him with calls or txt no need to belttle yourself just call him sometimes and text him too.do a self check and see if u were listening when he was complainin you may not see instant results but with time this usually works.You must get rid of that mentality that you cannot start again dont enslave yourself, if you have that mentality u'll even act desperate unknowingly which can drive him away so GOODLUCK.

(1) (Reply)

****** Best Gift Ever This Season ****** / He's Just A Friend, Says My Gulfriend. / What Will You Do If Your Spouse Or Fiance Becomes Crippled,blind Or Invalid?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.