Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? (77156 Views)

Are Jehovah Witness People Real Christians? / Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? / Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by deebrain(m): 2:34pm On Apr 13, 2018
Riofidelio:
We're not for arguments but setting matters straight with the aid of the scriptures,(2Timothy 3:16/17)if you're not interested in setting matters straight then we're asked to avoid unnecessary arguments!(Phillipians 2:14)This is the Answer. After Adam and Eve have demanded privacy from God, HE sent them out of Eden,and that's when Jesus started acting as God because of all the creatures God used Jesus to make He loved humans most. Proverbs 8:30 Whenever people hears any voice,vision or dreams the voice they're voice Jesus' that's why He's called the word because every sacred secret heard got to us through Him, So when you read anything about Jehovah in the Old Testament the Spirit representing the Almighty is another mighty Spirit(Jesus) His assignment as God stopped when God transformed Him into a child in the womb of Mary. So if Jesus say I AM know that His voice was heard then but because after His earthly assignment He has to stand at the right hand of His God and John wrote the Gospel years later that's why John could say "the word (Jesus) WAS God" he can't say "is God" as Jesus is no more serving that purpose again since God has anointed or adopted humans as Sons with the Spirit. But we shouldn't forget that all these reconciliation couldn't have been possible without the one who stood for US before God and that person is no other than our redeemer "Jesus". He WAS God during the reconciliation process. John 1:1/14

First bolded...There was never a "Jesus" before he came as flesh. You only had God and as sometimes referenced in the Bible, The spirit of God (whom normally asked for worship whenever He met anyone). Jesus can never act as God because He is God's spoken word- You as an individual cannot separate yourself from your word!

Second bolded..Every spirit that represented God or demanded worship was God Himself. The spirit of God Himself!
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Apr 13, 2018
deebrain:

Wrong. the first person He created was Adam. vs 27. And He created them two. MALE AND FEMALE. So in your explanations, Jesus and His female version?

Second bolded wrong again. Jesus knew some grammar and the Jews also. He said, before Abraham was, I AM ( NOT I WAS, OR I EXISTED . The Jews knew what he said!
If you want to know please signify by asking instead of blindly arguing about what surpass your knowledge! "In the beginning WAS the word" Jesus was CREATED first. Proverbs 8:22 Colossians 1:15 "and the word was with God" became a worker under God.Proverbs 8:30 "and the word was God" He served as God before reconciling humans to God But later He returned to heaven and stand beside the person who SENT Him God. Act 7:55 If you want to know please try to be humble.Psalm 37:9-11 Zephaniah 2:2/3 Matthew 5:5
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Apr 13, 2018
deebrain:

First bolded...There was never a "Jesus" before he came as flesh. You only had God and as sometimes referenced in the Bible, The spirit of God (whom normally asked for worship whenever He met anyone). Jesus can never act as God because He is God's spoken word- You as an individual cannot separate yourself from your word!

Second bolded..Every spirit that represented God or demanded worship was God Himself. The spirit of God Himself!
Please read 1Corinthians 15:26-28
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by deebrain(m): 2:40pm On Apr 13, 2018
Riofidelio:
If you want to know please signify by asking instead of blindly arguing about what surpass your knowledge! "In the beginning WAS the word" Jesus was CREATED first. Proverbs 8:22 Colossians 1:15 "and the word was with God" became a worker under God.Proverbs 8:30 "and the word was God" He served as God before reconciling humans to God But later He returned to heaven and stand beside the person who SENT Him God. Act 7:55 If you want to know please try to be humble.Psalm 37:9-11 Zephaniah 2:2/3 Matthew 5:5

There was never a creation OF the word. The word WAS WITH GOD!
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by deebrain(m): 2:49pm On Apr 13, 2018
Riofidelio:
Please read 1Corinthians 15:26-28

True. He fulfils his mission as a Man,to reconcile back to God (via death, resurrection and defeat of Satan). AND RETURNS TO STATUS QUO. GOD! God's Right Hand is not the same as God's right hand side...
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by deebrain(m): 2:54pm On Apr 13, 2018
Riofidelio:

He goes to God's RIGHT HAND. NOT RIGHT HAND SIDE....

Right Hand as used in an adjective IS SOMEONE THAT IS YOUR ACTIVE FORCE---God spoke and it BECAME!

1 Like

Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by deebrain(m): 2:59pm On Apr 13, 2018
Riofidelio:

In your Colossians 1 that you brought out, did you see in vs 19, that "God Himself dwelt in Jesus"?

1 Like

Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 13, 2018
deebrain:

In your Colossians 1 that you brought out, did you see in vs 19, that "God Himself dwelt in Jesus"?
God dwells in Jesus or Jesus dwells in God doesn't mean they're the same person otherwise Jesus won't have said knowledge about two persons is the criteria for everlasting life. John 17:3 moreover Jesus also said the "they may dwell in us" are we also God since we're dwelling in them too? John 17:21 Please if you already know and you don't want more it's OK, Christians are not for blind arguments but wisdom so keep worshipping your God by preaching about him to others as for me my understanding is based on what Jesus confirmed from Peter's comment "You're the Christ, the SON of the living God"Matthew 16:16 That's what i preach and teach people, God bless you!
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by deebrain(m): 3:58pm On Apr 13, 2018
Riofidelio:
God dwells in Jesus or Jesus dwells in God doesn't mean they're the same person otherwise Jesus won't have said knowledge about two persons is the criteria for everlasting life. John 17:3 moreover Jesus also said the "they may dwell in us" are we also God since we're dwelling in them too? John 17:21 Please if you already know and you don't want more it's OK, Christians are not for blind arguments but wisdom so keep worshipping your God by preaching about him to others as for me my understanding is based on what Jesus confirmed from Peter's comment "You're the Christ, the SON of the living God"Matthew 16:16 That's what i preach and teach people, God bless you!

John 17...Jesus was very clear about the unity of belivers He was expecting. read vs 23...using his origin from God. perfect unity of the created ones. He is referring to the oneness of the coming church.

Peter who said that,even later denied him.

As you believe Peter, believe in Jesus Christ himself John 14 from vs 8....Jesus response to Philip when the later wanted to know" God the Father "
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 13, 2018
salvation101:
is there anytime in history that the world was under the rule of Egyptians or Assyrians?
Of course! The Bible confirms this and secular history books as well.Go and ask Professors in history or read about ancient world powers in the encyclopedia if you're not convinced from the historical events recorded in the Bible. That's why Jehovah's witnesses have much more to preach and teach regarding God's Kingdom because God's Kingdom is all about how Satan has dominated humans through his visible tool "human Governments" and how God's government will end Satan's dominance! Daniel 2:44 Bible record of Exodus is "Pharaoh,let my people go!" Pharaoh is the King and God to Egyptians of that time the number one world power. Sennacherib was the King and God to Assyrians he's the second world power 2Kings 18:13. Before Babylonians overthrow Assyria, please go and make the research before coming out to argue what you don't know.
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Apr 13, 2018
salvation101:
well i do not usually send ir folks away but i ask dem alot of question..

Does being a jehova withness give one the ability to be free from sin? U know wat Heb12:14 says
You can only be free by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ and that means exerting yourself vigorously to enter through the narrow door which is learning about Jesus' thoughts words and actions then striving to put on that personality by applying all that you're learning about Jesus in your life. That's when God will now cancel all your past wrongdoings because you're willing to accept correction and if you still fall under sin God will forgive you because of Jesus' ransom sacrifice(His blood).God knows we're not that evil like Adam who put us all in suffering.But whoever refuses to learn about Jesus can never be forgiven because they'll die without knowing how to become Holy before God such persons can't relate with God as they'll remain descendants of Adam who first sinned and died so they're awaiting death that killed their father. We who have accepted Christ now have another father (Jesus) through whom we can relate and communicate with God!
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 13, 2018
Riofidelio:
Of course! The Bible confirms this and secular history books as well.Go and ask Professors in history or read about ancient world powers in the encyclopedia if you're not convinced from the historical events recorded in the Bible

I am very interested in you showing me in scripture where the world was under Egyptian or Assyrian rule

That's why Jehovah's witnesses have much more to preach and teach regarding God's Kingdom because God's Kingdom is all about how Satan has dominated humans through his visible tool "human Governments" and how God's government will end Satan's dominance! Daniel 2:44 Bible record of Exodus is "Pharaoh,let my people go!" Pharaoh is the King and God to Egyptians of that time the number one world power. Sennacherib was the King and God to Assyrians he's the second world power 2Kings 18:13. Before Babylonians overthrow Assyria, please go and make the research before coming out to argue what you don't know.
on the contrary, dis little discussion we have had has revealed how you distort fact and history..
Wow, there was famine in the whole earth and the family of jacob had to move to the country Egypt. If the whole world was under Egypt how come d family didn't affect Egypt? Secondly, when God asked pharaoh to let his people go, was it to let his people leave d nation Egypt or an empire? So those smaller countries that Israel encountered on their journey was also part of the Egyptian empire?
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 13, 2018
Riofidelio:
You can only be free by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ and that means exerting yourself vigorously to enter through the narrow door which is learning about Jesus' thoughts words and actions then striving to put on that personality by applying all that you're learning about Jesus in your life. That's when God will now cancel all your past wrongdoings because you're willing to accept correction and if you still fall under sin God will forgive you because of Jesus' ransom sacrifice(His blood).
ok.. Since you have been tru all these, are you now free from sin?

God knows we're not that evil like Adam who put us all in suffering.But whoever refuses to learn about Jesus can never be forgiven because they'll die without knowing how to become Holy before God such persons can't relate with God as they'll remain descendants of Adam who first sinned and died so they're awaiting death that killed their father. We who have accepted Christ now have another father (Jesus) through whom we can relate and communicate with God!
how do you communicate with God? Hope its on a personal level and not tru a ur organization.
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Apr 13, 2018
salvation101:
ok.. Since you have been tru all these, are you now free from sin?

how do you communicate with God? Hope its on a personal level and not tru a ur organization.
Your comments are well noted thanks and God bless you!
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Apr 13, 2018
salvation101:

I am very interested in you showing me in scripture where the world was under Egyptian or Assyrian rule

on the contrary, dis little discussion we have had has revealed how you distort fact and history..
Wow, there was famine in the whole earth and the family of jacob had to move to the country Egypt. If the whole world was under Egypt how come d family didn't affect Egypt? Secondly, when God asked pharaoh to let his people go, was it to let his people leave d nation Egypt or an empire? So those smaller countries that Israel encountered on their journey was also part of the Egyptian empire?
I'm sorry, please these are solid food you're interested in knowing about it but obviously not from Jehovah's witnesses well i'll advise you to go and make your research to know about nations that have ruled in ancient times as world powers. God bless you!

1 Like

Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Apr 13, 2018
Riofidelio:
Your comments are well noted thanks and God bless you!
questions are supposed to be answered and not noted.. Are u free from Sin? Are you born again?
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 13, 2018
Riofidelio:
I'm sorry, please these are solid food you're interested in knowing about it but obviously not from Jehovah's witnesses well i'll advise you to go and make your research to know about nations that have ruled in ancient times as world powers. God bless you!
that revelation talks about kingdoms dat would rule the world not great nations.. Israel was a great nation under the reign of King Solomon.. So much dat silver was like stone on d floor of Jerusalem. If it was about great nations den Israel would definitely make dat list
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Apr 13, 2018
salvation101:
that revelation talks about kingdoms dat would rule the world not great nations.. Israel was a great nation under the reign of King Solomon.. So much dat silver was like stone on d floor of Jerusalem. If it was about great nations den Israel would definitely make dat list
It's OK so go and preach to people in their homes just as Jesus commanded His FAITHFUL DEDICATED FOLLOWERS(Matthew 28:19/20) because we're trying our best to do just that!

1 Like

Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Apr 13, 2018
salvation101:
questions are supposed to be answered and not noted.. Are u free from Sin? Are you born again?
If you're free from sin and born again it's enough at least that's your responsibility as a Christian! So don't worry about me because i'm OK.
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 3:44am On Apr 14, 2018
Riofidelio:
If you're free from sin and born again it's enough at least that's your responsibility as a Christian! So don't worry about me because i'm OK.
lol. I asked a simple question sir. U r a withness to jehova in ur own words. And also u follow Jesus instruction as his chosen ppl... Has dat been able to reflect on ur life by having the power over sin or just another religion
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 3:46am On Apr 14, 2018
Riofidelio:
It's OK so go and preach to people in their homes just as Jesus commanded His FAITHFUL DEDICATED FOLLOWERS(Matthew 28:19/20) because we're trying our best to do just that!
well, i do that already. I wonder how u guys get the impression that you are the only ones doing door to door evangelism. Why are you afraid of the truth i av been bringing to ur attention?
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 5:58am On Apr 14, 2018
salvation101:
well, i do that already. I wonder how u guys get the impression that you are the only ones doing door to door evangelism. Why are you afraid of the truth i av been bringing to ur attention?
If you're also doing it that means(1)observers will notice your group and give them an IDENTIFICATION mark for criticism(2)they'll form a habit of hatred for your group.(3)they'll change your group name to another for vilification just as they called Jesus' followers "Christians"(4)and every time you go for the "evangelism" you'll be insulted by many while majority will make jest of you. That's what Jesus said will happen if you're TRULY preaching what He also preached because Satan who deceived people and made them criticize Jesus and His followers is still very much around! So please keep it up!
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 6:48am On Apr 14, 2018
salvation101:
lol. I asked a simple question sir. U r a withness to jehova in ur own words. And also u follow Jesus instruction as his chosen ppl... Has dat been able to reflect on ur life by having the power over sin or just another religion
"Wisdom is justified by her children" so says a wise teacher. Luke 7:35 If it's reflecting in my life it's observers that'll see the reflection Sir not me that's reflecting. The sun shines but the moon reflects the light from the sun and we gazing at the moon by night can see the reflection but if you're standing on the moon you'll never notice it, likewise if as a child of God i'm reflecting the light from my Heavenly Father of course it's observers that'll notice the reflection and tell themselves while few reluctantly will admit and tell me! Jesus knew who He is but it's CLOSE observers that noticed and declared whom Jesus' attitudes were reflecting.Matthew 16:16 You need divine wisdom my friend so come and let's teach you how to become as wise as our Master Lord and King "Jesus Christ" it won't cost you a dime!
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 7:17am On Apr 14, 2018
salvation101:
Your question reminds me of how the Pharisees wanted Jesus to declare with His mouth saying "i'm God's Son" or "i'm the Messiah"(Matthew 26:63) after John(Baptist) have told them openly that he wasn't the Christ(John 1:19-24) but notice please that Jesus wanted the people each one to observe Him themselves and come to conclude in their hearts who He is! Matthew 16:20 So Christians aren't that presumptuous to tell you we're this or we're that, it's you that's going to conclude in your own heart what we stand for but don't worry about US because whatever you conclude is just your own opinion after all many concluded after seeing everything Jesus did that He's working for the devil so we're not bothered! John 10:19/20
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Hairyrapunzel: 8:59am On Apr 14, 2018
Riofidelio:
If you're also doing it that means(1)observers will notice your group and give them an IDENTIFICATION mark for criticism(2)they'll form a habit of hatred for your group.(3)they'll change your group name to another for vilification just as they called Jesus' followers "Christians"(4)and every time you go for the "evangelism" you'll be insulted by many while majority will make jest of you. That's what Jesus said will happen if you're TRULY preaching what He also preached because Satan who deceived people and made them criticize Jesus and His followers is still very much around! So please keep it up!

You people keep assuming. How will you go to someone's house you don't even know and go in unannounced? After your leaders finished feeding you with lies you will come here to repeat the trash.
Organization that harbours pedophiles and rapists and shields them from authorities isn't God's organization at all.

You don't report or even disfellowship jw pedophiles and rapists yet you disfellowship people for smoking a non biblical and non criminal offence.
Be shielding evil people and criminals because they are jehovah's witnesses.

You might even be a pedophile or rapist sef

1 Like

Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 9:10am On Apr 14, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

You people keep assuming. How will you go to someone's house you don't even know and go in unannounced? After your leaders finished feeding you with lies you will come here to repeat the trash.
Organization that harbours pedophiles and rapists and shields them from authorities isn't God's organization at all.

You don't report or even disfellowship jw pedophiles and rapists yet you disfellowship people for smoking a non biblical and non criminal offence.
Be shielding evil people and criminals because they are jehovah's witnesses.

You might even be a pedophile or rapist sef
Somebarry help me to shout a powerful Hallelujah because of this wonderful born again Christian called Hairyrapunzel. Hallelujah 7 times! You're blessed Sir
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 10:14am On Apr 14, 2018
Riofidelio:
"Wisdom is justified by her children" so says a wise teacher. Luke 7:35 If it's reflecting in my life it's observers that'll see the reflection Sir not me that's reflecting.
Romans 8:16 said the spirit of God bears withness in our hearts that we are is children. Do you have the Spirit's withness?

The sun shines but the moon reflects the light from the sun and we gazing at the moon by night can see the reflection but if you're standing on the moon you'll never notice it, likewise if as a child of God i'm reflecting the light from my Heavenly Father of course it's observers that'll notice the reflection and tell themselves while few reluctantly will admit and tell me! Jesus knew who He is but it's CLOSE observers that noticed and declared whom Jesus' attitudes were reflecting.Matthew 16:16 You need divine wisdom my friend so come and let's teach you how to become as wise as our Master Lord and King "Jesus Christ" it won't cost you a dime!
Jesus didn't call is moon but candles. A candle is lit to produce its own light but the fire that lits it is the Spirit of God.. If u are born again, you will know. U do not have to depend on man's judgment cos men are not good judges. Samuel said man looks at outward appearance but God looks at the heart. The only person who knows the heart is God and the man who owns d heart
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 14, 2018
Riofidelio:
Your question reminds me of how the Pharisees wanted Jesus to declare with His mouth saying "i'm God's Son" or "i'm the Messiah"(Matthew 26:63) after John(Baptist) have told them openly that he wasn't the Christ(John 1:19-24) but notice please that Jesus wanted the people each one to observe Him themselves and come to conclude in their hearts who He is! Matthew 16:20
Jesus on several occasions declared himself as the messiah they were expecting. On one of such occasions they even wanted to stone him. By the way, Jesus himself told Nicodemus that he must be born again so again, i ask. Are you born again? Do u have the Spirit's withness that you are one of his son? Roman 8:9 said anyone dat doesn't have the spirit of God is non of his

So Christians aren't that presumptuous to tell you we're this or we're that, it's you that's going to conclude in your own heart what we stand for but don't worry about US because whatever you conclude is just your own opinion after all many concluded after seeing everything Jesus did that He's working for the devil so we're not bothered! John 10:19/20
man may consider you to be perfect but man is not a good judge of character. Do u meet the biblical standard for knowing you are a child of God? Are you born again?
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 14, 2018
salvation101:
Jesus on several occasions declared himself as the messiah they were expecting. On one of such occasions they even wanted to stone him. By the way, Jesus himself told Nicodemus that he must be born again so again, i ask. Are you born again? Do u have the Spirit's withness that you are one of his son? Roman 8:9 said anyone dat doesn't have the spirit of God is non of his

man may consider you to be perfect but man is not a good judge of character. Do u meet the biblical standard for knowing you are a child of God? Are you born again?
With the practical applications of the many accumulated life saving informations i've been analysing from the onset of this discussion,what Spirit do you think can be revealing such wisdom,God's or Satan's? Matthew 21:24,25
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 14, 2018
Riofidelio:
With the practical applications of the many accumulated life saving informations i've been analysing from the onset of this discussion,what Spirit do you think can be revealing such wisdom,God's or Satan's? Matthew 21:24,25
i am not in any position to judge you, however u av given some false information both of history nd Bible. Wateva i think about it doesn't really matter anyway cos am a man but do you have the Spirit's withness in ur heart?
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 14, 2018
salvation101:
i am not in any position to judge you, however u av given some false information both of history nd Bible. Wateva i think about it doesn't really matter anyway cos am a man but do you have the Spirit's withness in ur heart?
Neither will i tell you by what authority i've spoken! Matthew 21:27 Eyes you have but not seeing! Ears you have but not hearing! If you're so sure that i've been lying all this while as you claim to be born again having the Spirit of God yet you're not judging me,then why asking a LIAR if he's born again? Oponu Olodo!
Re: Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Apr 14, 2018
salvation101:
When people go out to look for money they're 100% alert and intelligent ready to undergo all sort of training just to earn money. But when it comes to matters involving God they'll become lazy,stupid,gullible,blind,deaf and dumb! If your Pastors taught you not to listen to Jehovah's witnesses, did they also remove your brains so that you can't even think straight again? You've spent days discussing with someone, asking questions and saying what you know and by the end of the day you're now asking the person you've discovered to be a LIAR if he's "born again"!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (86) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Gets Jet Plane Gift From Loveworld Music & Arts Group / Alph Lukau: Meet The Richest Pastor In The World With Net Worth Of $1 Billion / Winners Chapel Members' Houses In Oyedepo's Canaancity

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.