Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,624 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:26 PM

Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts (33558 Views)

Is It Proper For A Church To Ask A Member The Source Of His Tithe? / Man Pays His Tithe On The Streets Of Benin (Photos) / Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by lloyds(m): 10:33am On Apr 12, 2018
Even if Adeboye said so, he definitely would have said it a long time ago.

Men of God grow and get renewed in their understanding / theology through times.

I have messages of Kumuyi, Olukoya harping on tithes on youtube few years back.

Freeze, talk another thing.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 12, 2018
Amagite2:
Controversial OAP and leader of the free the sheeple movement, Daddy Freeze has reacted to RCCG's Pastor Enoch Adeboye saying; "Anyone who is not paying his tithe is not going to heaven"
He reacted and as usual backed it up with Bible verses. Freeze shared the video of him making the statement and wrote;
"Wow!!!
-
Is this for real? If it is, are this man’s senses still in his custody? Is this how hard this tithing issue is biting them? Do I sense desperation?
-
◄ Philippians 3:19 ►
New International Version
Their destiny is destruction, their god is their belly, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is set on earthly things.
-
His son came out the other day and said tithing has increased, does it look to you like it has?
-
How dare he curse people with hell? Let me show him the Bible today and teach him that tithing is what ensures people of hell!
-
Tithing is the law and teachers of the law are going to Hell according to the Bible read it!
-
Christianity deserves an apology for this unscriptural doctrines and teaching.
-
Let me tell you guys the real truth, tithing is an unprofitable venture because it is the LAW and it brings curses, especially when you don't obey the entire law! ~FRZ
-
-
#FreeTheSheeple
-
◄ Matthew 23 ►
New Living Translation [13] “What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you shut the door of the Kingdom of Heaven in people’s faces. You won’t go in yourselves, and you don’t let others enter either.
[15] “What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you cross land and sea to make one convert, and then you turn that person into twice the child of hellf you yourselves are!
-
◄ Hebrews 7:18 ►
The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless.
-
King James Bible
For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.
-
◄ Galatians 3:10 ►
For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.
""

Watch video here;

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhcfNfWA-AO/

https://www.amagitesblog.com/2018/04/daddy-freeze-adeboye-saying-anyone-paying-tithe-heaven.html

While I respect Pastor Adeboye, I respect the word of God more. If indeed he said that, that without tithing a person cannot entire Heaven, then he has had it totally wrong and he needs to read the Bible with the sacrifice of Christ guiding his search.

Tithe is unbiblical for Christians; that much is certain from the Word of God. And any pastor preaching tithing is either ignorant, in which case he is to be pitied, or he is a deliberate impostor and a belly-seeker (i.e. thief), in which case those listening to him are to be pitied.

Shikena. Thank you Daddy Freeze, some sense and sanity might just percolate into the new Dark Age of Nigerian Christianity by what your effort. Please do not keep quiet. Do not remain still. Shout it every where. Shout it like Martin Luther, like John Knox, like John Carvin and like George Fox...because they refused to keep quiet they were able to overturn the deception of the Catholic Church...We still benefit from their uncharacteristic approach to doctrinal issues. And it is my prayer that in your lifetime you will see the idols that men call MOGs toppled and the true Christ and His word enthroned supreme like in the days of George Fox.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by Joshuamilarge(m): 10:35am On Apr 12, 2018
am not against tithing, but pastor Adeboye is wrong on this one.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by doyinisaac(m): 10:36am On Apr 12, 2018
Dandanlowo:
I know understand why bible self no dey speak straigt english.. All dis thou, thy and ye are enuf to confused pipu sef

Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by fatymore(f): 10:36am On Apr 12, 2018
GavelSlam:

You cannot be committing fraud in the name of the Lord and have your respect intact.
even if he is right.. He should atleast respect him. The man is old enough faa
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by Nobody: 10:36am On Apr 12, 2018
fatymore:
Freeze doesn't have a in iota of respect at all... Asking if a man as old as his father still have his senses with him.. It is really bad and this is not what Yoruba youth are known for. If you want to talk or react bla bla do it respectfully...

Aseju ni olorun o fe. As times goes on people won't take him serious again

But it's ok to insult buhari and other "elders" in politics. Sense fall on you.

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by Jethrolite(m): 10:38am On Apr 12, 2018
Wow, I can't believe Adeboye said such. Desperation at its peak.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by Johnson5258: 10:38am On Apr 12, 2018
Daddy Freeze, we refuse to freeze because Malachi 3:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

Psalm 119:89 King James Version (KJV)
89 For ever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven.

Matthew 24:35 King James Version (KJV)
35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Matthew 5:19 King James Version (KJV)
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Tell those who are complaining not we that are enjoying the benefit and also, thanks for the Bible study, research more for the edification of the saints. Shabat Shalom in advance!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by Johnson5258: 10:39am On Apr 12, 2018
Partner with him, journey mercies!
Jethrolite:
Wow, I can't believe Adeboye said such. Desperation at its peak.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by donbachi(m): 10:39am On Apr 12, 2018
Tithe dis tithe dat.if u no wan pay u rest.freeze should stop his attacks against the body of christ or face the wrath of God.freeze did not see the part of the bible that says any man that marries a divorced woman commits adultery.and another place in the bible that says:"think not that i am come to destroy the law,or the prophets:i am not come to destroy,but to fufill.for verily i say unto you,till heaven and earth pass,one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law,till all be fufilled" matthew 5:17-18..freeze mind your business.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by Johnson5258: 10:42am On Apr 12, 2018
You are right anyway but we all need to be corrected about that but a secular man is different from a spiritual man. Thou the Bible didn't teach us to disrespect our leaders irrespective of there ordeals, so let's relate with love sir.
emrain:

But it ok to insult buhari and other "elders" in politics. Sense fall on you.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by Yankee101: 10:43am On Apr 12, 2018
Did Adeboye really say that?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 12, 2018
Dandanlowo:
I know understand why bible self no dey speak straigt english.. All dis thou, thy and ye are enuf to confused pipu sef

That's the trouble caused by translation.

But in the real sense of it....all versions of the bible have 99.9% similar meanings to every words used(I HAVE READ NUMEROUS FORMS OF TRANSLATION AND I HAVE COMPARED AND CONTRASTED)

But the so called bible teachers and pastors know how to twist it just to suit their purpose(s)

A lot of followers(christians) no longer have a mind and a brain of their own when it comes to interpreting what the bible says.

Their pastors have brainwashed them with ONLY THOSE LED BY THE SPIRIT CAN INTERPRET THE BIBLE.

....and unless you concur with what your pastor says....YOU ARE NOT BN LED BY THE SPIRIT.

I have had debates with pastors and those who believe they have vast knowledge of the bible.....and in the end after battering them with historical and theological points (BIBLICAL CITATIONS) they always conclude I AM NOT BN LED BY THE SPIRIT.

SO ANNOYING.

HENCE......I STOPPED GOING TO ANY CHURCH REGARDLESS THE DENOMINATION OR PRACTICING ANY FORM OF RELIGION

ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME.....I DO NOT NEED A JURY MADE OF MEN....THAT ARE WORSE THAN THE DEVIL HIMSELF.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by MistadeRegal(m): 10:44am On Apr 12, 2018
kmcutez:

Still on Malachi. You better go and upgrade yourself to know the truth.

Can you read at all?
The word of GOD cannot be altered.
I doubt you read my comments completely.
Read properly and then requote me again.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by Johnson5258: 10:45am On Apr 12, 2018
Well, when demons is ruling a person's heart, it blind fold the fellow so pardon him. funny enough baba Adeboye may not even pick it on him so don't stress yourself about a son of perdition whom by God's grace still return home.
fatymore:
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by fatymore(f): 10:45am On Apr 12, 2018
emrain:

But it ok to insult buhari and other "elders" in politics. Sense fall on you.
what has this man done to him.. Is the man responsible for his foes or what... Our politicians deserve whatever names we call them but picking on this man sermon is not so good.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by GavelSlam: 10:45am On Apr 12, 2018
fatymore:

I feel you but does this same old man respect the poor in the society who are further impoverished by this sick doctrine?

The older denominations never emphasized this so why the craze in a 3rd world economy?

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by tungamaje: 10:47am On Apr 12, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
undecidedEkiss me!Did dey force anybody to pay tithe?Wetin be freeze problem? Nah his tithe?

He didn't force anybody to pay tithes, that's correct. But it is the responsibility of everybody to open each other's eyes when we are being defrauded and that's exactly what Freeze is doing. Or is that wrong of him?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by martineverest(m): 10:48am On Apr 12, 2018
Kylekent59:
What is thite?

1/10 th of your salary in which you pay to the church

What is the church?

The church is christ Jesus

And what did christ Jesus says?

He said we should give to those people that have non, those who have not eaten, those who have no clothes/ shelters etc

And where can you find them?

In the orphanage, along the streets, etc.

So be wise and don't be deceived

We read the bible and follow the teachings of christ.
with this alone,I don't need to go to church in d next 3 Sundays....this teachings is enoff 4 me.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 12, 2018
Freiden:

But in the real sense of it....all versions of the bible have 99.9% similar meanings to every words used(I HAVE READ NUMEROUS FORMS OF TRANSLATION AND I HAVE COMPARED AND CONTRASTED)

But the so called bible teachers and pastors know how to twist it just to suit their purpose(s)

A lot of followers(christians) no longer have a mind and a brain of their own when it comes to interpreting what the bible says.

Their pastors have brainwashed them with ONLY THOSE LED BY THE SPIRIT CAN INTERPRET THE BIBLE.

....and unless you concur with what your pastor says....YOU ARE NOT BN LED BY THE SPIRIT.

I have had debates with pastors and those who believe they have vast knowledge of the bible.....and in the end after battering them with historical and theological points (BIBLICAL CITATIONS) they always conclude I AM NOT BN LED BY THE SPIRIT.

SO ANNOYING.

HENCE......I STOPPED GOING TO ANY CHURCH REGARDLESS THE DENOMINATION OR PRACTICING ANY FORM OF RELIGION

ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME.....I DO NOT NEED A JURY MADE OF MEN....THAT ARE WORSE THAN THE DEVIL HIMSELF.

They will curse you will Malachi 3:10.....hammer on it....but they won't tell you what Malachi 3: 1-9 says...and guess what, the congregation won't bother to read.

Pastor r pure genius...they know how the mind of an average man works....I give them kudos for that.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by thunderbabs: 10:53am On Apr 12, 2018
Plz, enough of this tithe thing ahhaaa... Jesus no dey arrest those who no pay tithe...

Jesus died for our sins....
Be righteous, Live Holy, Forgive, Love ur neighbours... That qualifies u for heaven.

I dont believe tithe stops u frm entering heaven... Jesus didnt die on d cross to collect payments for his scacrifice on the cross, abi ayam nt xstanding pastors again o
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by Johnson5258: 10:54am On Apr 12, 2018
So please sir, who do you believe in sir? Jesus or others?
Freiden:

SO ANNOYING.

Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by martineverest(m): 10:56am On Apr 12, 2018
mrvitalis:
The same Old Testament that says pay tithe is the same Old Testament that says things like

Women can't preach on the altar
Burnt offering
How the alter is to be decorated and the rest

But you pick only tithe and abandoned the rest?

If I'm president eeh I would order for dead bodies from mutuary to be sent to all this pastors one by one any church who can't raise the dead would be closed

This scam is too much
no mind dem....they purposely neglect Hebrews 7 where all those things u mentioned were abolished with tithing inclusive
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by Oreofepeters: 10:56am On Apr 12, 2018
Johnson5258:
Daddy Freeze, we refuse to freeze because Malachi 3:10 King James Version (KJV)
10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

Psalm 119:89 King James Version (KJV)
89 For ever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven.

Matthew 24:35 King James Version (KJV)
35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Matthew 5:19 King James Version (KJV)
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Tell those who are complaining not we that aren't enjoying the benefit and also, thanks for the Bible study, research more for the edification of the saints. Shabat Shalom in advance!
You are still bringing in old law quoting Malachi 3:10. And let me ask you is tithing part of "least commandmdents" Jesus mention on mathew 5:19? Hmm
Make sure you read your Bible very well before you answer or quote me back....
I'm a hardcore Bible teacher

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by fabianiweka: 10:56am On Apr 12, 2018
It not the given that I am particular about but the preachers reaping people off .who goes to church most? The needy and trouble people yet this pastors take from them to ride big cars live in a luxurious home yet the life of there follower remain same.pastor adeboye Christ never preach tithing.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by ikorodureporta: 10:56am On Apr 12, 2018
So he even said this sht... Hw can money be a yardstick to make heaven? This man is the worst pretender we have in this country. Since i observed that he partners with Adefarasin, i knew he's a servant of lucifer.... Bunbacraaat!

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by ipobarecriminals: 10:58am On Apr 12, 2018
tungamaje:

He didn't force anybody to pay tithes, that's correct. But it is the responsibility of everybody to open each other's eyes when we are being defrauded and that's exactly what Freeze is doing. Or is that wrong of him?
Nobody is defrauding. anybody.Those. wey pay their tithe. nor complain. to d lunatic.Where was he wen one pastor dey give house, cars,empowered less privileged. Do u knw dat sum church give out food/free medical. treatment. to the pipu?Go to 4square,CCC etc and see fir urself.Where do u tink d money cum from? Plantain leaf?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by oluwaahmed: 10:59am On Apr 12, 2018
These are those the Bible say will go to hell that your pastors are not telling you.
Matt25:44-46

Then they also will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’ Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
If you pay tithe it is very important to know what the tithe is used for. If your tithe is not used in feeding the poor and u are not doing it on your own I am afraid you would be really shocked on judgement day.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by Osezua: 11:03am On Apr 12, 2018
lloyds:
Even if Adeboye said so, he definitely would have said it a long time ago.

Men of God grow and get renewed in their understanding / theology through times.

I have messages of Kumuyi, Olukoya harping on tithes on youtube few years back.

Freeze, talk another thing.
Daddy Freeze has a partner in Pastor Sunday Adelaja who played part of the video in his facebook page. I think there is a colabo of the two of them to tarnish Pastor Adeboye image
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by Johnson5258: 11:06am On Apr 12, 2018
God have mercy on the gullible ooo, even if he said so then walk up to him and tell him to defend the statement. nawa for people ooooo
Daviddson:
"Reacts to Pst Adeboye's statement" but the statement was never referenced in the article. This is hilarious. The mods are not doing enough to stem the tide of sensational headlines and false news!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts by tiredoflife(m): 11:08am On Apr 12, 2018
fatymore:
Freeze doesn't have a in iota of respect at all... Asking if a man as old as his father still have his senses with him.. It is really bad and this is not what Yoruba youth are known for. If you want to talk or react bla bla do it respectfully...

Aseju ni olorun o fe. As times goes on people won't take him serious again

Shut up
That's why we are in deep shit
When we talk to the useless adults
Age card is used to pull us down
Na we beg am to be old and stupid

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nathaniel Bassey's Hallelujah Challenge Featured On CNN / International Christian Worship Center Uyo. Photos / Reno Omokri At The The Manga Where Jesus Was Born In Israel (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.