Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,487 members, 7,781,461 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:49 PM

Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? (23972 Views)

Parents With Sickle Cell Kids How Do You Cope? / How Do You Cope If Married To Someone You Don't Love? / Nigerian Boy Pranks His Parents With A Fake Snake(Hilarious Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by kalu61(m): 8:54pm On Apr 13, 2018
if their dad is around let him handle the matter. Just one beating from him can make the junior fear but if not no matter how many time you beat him as a mother. He wouldn't listen. However leave them since the junior one is still 2years. Scold him sometimes and leave them fight sometimes
Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by Okeyc230: 8:55pm On Apr 13, 2018
I have same situation 4 and 6. Sonetime, the elder boy will beat the younger fatter one blue black

3 Likes

Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by Innov8ve1: 8:55pm On Apr 13, 2018
Discipline is what's key

Do you need a website? If yes, we design fast and responsive websites for businesses and blogs, view the link/mail on my profile to get in touch and get started
Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by 0monnak0da: 8:55pm On Apr 13, 2018
Ishilove:

Let them fight, they are boys. That is the only way the elder will establish his seniority. When the younger gets his little butt whupped, he will learn to fear and most importantly respect his older brother.
it does ry not always work like that some younger ones are physically superior from a very young age especiallly when the gap is small. Often the instinctual drives not to be dominated are not evenly distributed.

Some animals eat grass or grain and some others eat their fellow animals. Like hawks

3 Likes

Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by SoldierBoy1(m): 8:56pm On Apr 13, 2018
They cope somehow.

2 Likes

Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by fecosequence(m): 8:59pm On Apr 13, 2018
[quote author=saintade01 post=66658590]I have a situation right now where the younger bullies his older brother.

He is 2 and the older is 4, but because he's almost the same height with the older one and a bit fatter, he uses every opportunity to ride his brother. Though the older is calm and homely, very gentle and highly intelligent, he even takes care of this younger one as a big brother but this boy will forcefully collect foods, drinks, toys and even his bigger bicycle from him.

I sometimes tell the big brother to beat him and stand up to him whenever he comes with his bullying but that most times results into fights and I don't like seeing them in wrestlemania.

Please parents with similar issues how do you tame them?[/quote.just like my two nephews ,the younger one is very troublesome(extremely ) and would look for trouble but will b the ist to report.the elder one just very intelligent and would only beat his younger bro if he is angry. most times he just ignores hm
Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by Lexusgs430: 8:59pm On Apr 13, 2018
saintade01:
I have a situation right now where the younger bullies his older brother.

He is 2 and the older is 4, but because he's almost the same height with the older one and a bit fatter, he uses every opportunity to ride his brother. Though the older is calm and homely, very gentle and highly intelligent, he even takes care of this younger one as a big brother but this boy will forcefully collect foods, drinks, toys and even his bigger bicycle from him.

I sometimes tell the big brother to beat him and stand up to him whenever he comes with his bullying but that most times results into fights and I don't like seeing them in wrestlemania.

Please parents with similar issues how do you tame them?

You have only just started..... It gets worse, before it gets better....

Have you had a chat with your youngest, to find out what the main issue is?
Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by SoberDisciple(m): 9:00pm On Apr 13, 2018
We are 5 boys in my family. Sometimes no amount of corrections will do. As they grow older they'll learn. But still note that some children come out differently, strong-willed, self-centered and grow up with that.

2 Likes

Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by infotainment(m): 9:00pm On Apr 13, 2018
saintade01:

Bros cool down, this is normal among all kids, be it boy or girl.....I be first born myself and I was told same thing happened, even to my own 2 kids, boy and girl same applies...... Its part of their growing up forming, storming and bonding. grin grin grin grin Enjoy ur kids as dey grow up jawe

4 Likes

Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by Bluffly: 9:01pm On Apr 13, 2018
saintade01:

OH I forgot to mention it. Most times he's been beaten and scolded for his actions but he keeps doing it coz he knows the older is too calm.
Deny him goodies, lock him up in the room, while you also admonish and pray for him

1 Like

Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by uglodoh(f): 9:02pm On Apr 13, 2018
it is not easy raising boys. The ones I have here can't wait for them to grow up. They turn everything upside down. When you complain, people say they are boys.

2 Likes

Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by Somebodydaddy01: 9:02pm On Apr 13, 2018
If this happen ....set up a match .....let him beat him ...be the judge...... make sure he beat him well they respect set in
Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Apr 13, 2018
You cannot tell the older to stand up to younger.... you punish the younger for being disrespectful.... what if the older was a girl? Keep increasing the punishment anytime the younger tries to bully the older and it would get to a point where he would understand that such behaviour is unacceptable social conduct.

saintade01:

1 Like

Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by PurestBoy(m): 9:06pm On Apr 13, 2018
I need help also, I have 2 boys, Kevin and Alvin, 4 and 1yr old respectively, both were on 6-month exclusive breastfeeding, Had Cow&Gate2 baby formula, Kevin is just too active, he doesn't doesn't even walk at home, he runs, he can't stay in a place for 2 minutes except he's watching his favorite cartoon channel GoTv 60, no matter how you beat him he doesn't cry for more than few seconds, he learns too much that he even correct me his father but the problem is he's too active (I don't want to use the word stubborn). His eleven month younger brother is already following in his footsteps, their mother shouts and beat Kevin every minutes for jumping around in the house. He even engage in fight with me whenever I want to watch my favorite channels except I beat him thoroughly, he wouldn't allow anyone touch anything that is his. Their mother is fed up and losing weight and she's afraid his 11-month old Alvin is already acting likewise. I don't know what to do because you can't leave Kevin alone in the house without closed monitoring else something bad and injurious might happen. All my life, I've never see a kid like my boy, I need advise on what to do, it was worse when he was younger. I don't like beating him like his Mom does and won't have peace at home due to excessive shouting and scolding except he's asleep. Anyone with ideas on how to curtail this?
Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by pragmatistm(m): 9:08pm On Apr 13, 2018
stacyadams:
Let the older one beat the younger one up on a good day...otherwise em no go get respect ..he gats man up
Bad advice.
sammydirectly:

Let them deal with it by themselves before age 5 or 6. They are still very young.

Your fair handling is the major foundation you want to build.

Concerning the smart young geniuses... Well, it's the emotional intelligence and cultural values we are talking about here. Only parents must instill those. Nobody else can give your child the home training they need to build their future on, not even their teachers or books or their IQ.
Another bad one.[quote author=bebanky post=66672574][/quote] Correct.

You parents should be able to step in and always correct the younger one. Don't allow them to develop the feeling that you have to settle issues with fight.
Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by LordKO(m): 9:09pm On Apr 13, 2018
Basic leadership! Teach the older boy how and when to give in (leadership is a call to service) - one who fails to give in (where and when necessary) always lose/become dishonorable. And, of course, when to stand his ground so that he won't become a weakling. Once the older one masters the act of basic leadership and live up to it, he'll automatically earn the respect and followership of the younger one(s).

3 Likes

Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by Firgemachar: 9:09pm On Apr 13, 2018
But 2 is quite young nah
I can't believe a 2 year old boy is as troublesome as the OP is painting him.

I think the OP is just exaggerating.

I restrain my 4-year old from beating his 2-year old sibling at the slightest provocation.

And sometimes when I am not quick to stop him, I beat him back thoroughly.
Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by Yankee101: 9:12pm On Apr 13, 2018
Just enjoy the ride. It's natural for 1st and wnd born boys. One gentle, one tough.
Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Apr 13, 2018
saintade01:

Ensure the older boy gets double portions of food, veggies, vitamins and all that good stuff. Introduce sport to him as well. His interaction with his mates (and possibly some older Ines too) will make him bolder and stronger. Thank me later.

2 Likes

Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by linearity: 9:13pm On Apr 13, 2018
chii8:
I have three boys... Initially, I was having this same issue as the op but I encouraged the boy to stand up for himself because he's the senior and I started putting the oldest boy in charge of stuff like he shares snacks for others, etc. The second boy Will always complain but he's starting to get use to having a senior.

No/b

This is a good post....You have to help in establishing order and enforce it.

On a particular day, call them and tell them that the Senior one is in charge of deciding who plays with which toy...Ask him him to give his younger one the toy that he decided he should play with...if he refused or make a fuse, ground him and he looses all privileges.

If you continue this circle, he will eventually learn to follow the rules.

2 Likes

Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by Firgemachar: 9:14pm On Apr 13, 2018
PurestBoy:
I need help also, I have 2 boys, Kevin and Alvin, 4 and 1yr old respectively, both were on 6-month exclusive breastfeeding, Had Cow&Gate2 baby formula, Kevin is just too active, he doesn't doesn't even walk at home, he runs, he can't stay in a place for 2 minutes except he's watching his favorite cartoon channel GoTv 60, no matter how you beat him he doesn't cry for more than few seconds, he learns too much that he even correct me his father but the problem is he's too active (I don't want to use the word stubborn). His eleven month younger brother is already following in his footsteps, their mother shouts and beat Kevin every minutes for jumping around in the house. He even engage in fight with me whenever I want to watch my favorite channels except I beat him thoroughly, he wouldn't allow anyone touch anything that is his. Their mother is fed up and losing weight and she's afraid his 11-month old Alvin is already acting likewise. I don't know what to do because you can't leave Kevin alone in the house without closed monitoring else something bad and injurious might happen. All my life, I've never see a kid like my boy, I need advise on what to do, it was worse when he was younger. I don't like beating him like his Mom does and won't have peace at home due to excessive shouting and scolding except he's asleep. Anyone with ideas on how to curtail this?

The mere sight of a cane, pankere, does wonders.

Do you have one at home?

4 Likes

Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by trapQ: 9:15pm On Apr 13, 2018
Its not that serious. The little nigga is only two.
Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:16pm On Apr 13, 2018
chii8:
I have three boys... Initially, I was having this same issue as the op but I encouraged the boy to stand up for himself because he's the senior and I started putting the oldest boy in charge of stuff like he shares snacks for others, etc. The second boy Will always complain but he's starting to get use to having a senior.

No/b

We can get one more u know
Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by fapcrook(m): 9:18pm On Apr 13, 2018
Teach the older boy how to defend himself , no one will help him from been bullied at schools.

2 Likes

Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by CHAVINCI: 9:19pm On Apr 13, 2018
we are 4 boys in our house,all grown up now,but i remember growing up,mehn we tormented my mother,mehn she literally ran mad because of our troubles,we frustrated her to the point that she took a break from us to her village for 2 weeks ,but ran back home cos she missed us as fu*k.

5 Likes

Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by rodofgod(m): 9:20pm On Apr 13, 2018
My mom had four boys,no girl,it was not an easy road, we fought wella but we had up grown up

1 Like

Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by Ghostmode2two(m): 9:20pm On Apr 13, 2018
Time will come when the older one will man up. My 5 years old son always threatens his 10+ elder brother and his 8 years old sister. The funny thing is that the little boy will be saying to his older ones that he will just slap and beat them. Some kids are bold but you have to correct them. Remember Jacob bought Esau's birth right. Nor be today

2 Likes

Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by billyG(m): 9:21pm On Apr 13, 2018
sammydirectly:

No, not the same. You think this is all about algebra and maths?

4 and 2 are kids yet. They see themselves as mates. No amount of correction will change things. The 2 will never see the 4 as senior. Solution: parents should treat them fairly, equally. You buy same things for both.

8 and 6 ( and higher) - this is when you begin to let the 6 know that 8 is senior. Buy one big snack, tell the 8 to cut into two and take the biggest. Buy 5 fruits, divide it to 3 and 2, tell the 8 to pick first. He will pick 3 fruits, if he picks 2, scold him. Also, let 8 help 6 in doing his homework. Let 8 choose the channel to watch on TV. Each time, always reiterate that 8 is senior but don't overdo it. Sometimes, you can allow the junior some privileges (like choosing TV channel) by reiterating that he is a baby of the house and should be pampered. Get the senior to agree with you.

As they grow older, the junior will automatically programme himself, because the senior will OBVIOUSLY show maturity in most things,especially homework, housework, spelling, use of phone and PCs, etc
Wow!u are right at a tender age u scold kids they seem 2 forget why u scold them in minutes.

5 Likes

Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by Daviestunech(m): 9:23pm On Apr 13, 2018
Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by chineduemmao: 9:23pm On Apr 13, 2018
saintade01:

The problem is the older can hardly fight. He even cries first in the fight.
thats because they are still kids there is nothing wrong with being subtle come back here 10 years from now and tell us how things are going...

1 Like

Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by Intrepid01(m): 9:24pm On Apr 13, 2018
Yeeeeh! this story reminds of my childhood days with my immediate elder brother. He wasn't as strong as I was in those days and the age difference was just 2. I would bully him, even boast that I can beat him up. My Dad's younger sister was always angry and would ask us to fight, immediately she notices I was about over powering him, she'll join and beat me like anything. My elder brother was calm , cool and collected the reason why I could do all that. But one day, hmmm in my usual way, decided to trespass, I threatened to hit him , na so the guy hit me, I fought back . Chaii the guy beat me that day no be small, my mum and eldest brother kept cheering him up to beat me more. Omo because of shame I could not cry even though the beaten madh gan . My mum was so happy and my eldest brother after the fight. Infact I remember my eldest brother getting him drink after the fight while they watch me lick my wounds . Guy, since that day den no born me well to mess up with him again . .

so what I'm telling you is that don't be bothered, at the right time, the elder one will put the younger one in his rightful position without anybody's help . It's a fight of freedom and he'll win cos he's actually stronger than the younger one.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? by PurestBoy(m): 9:24pm On Apr 13, 2018
Firgemachar:

The mere sight of a cane, pankere, does wonders.

Do you have one at home?

Yes I do sometimes he plays with it, he'll quickly hug you whenever you want to beat him and say (in his word) "don't you know that Daddy doesn't beat use to beat son" and takes the cane away from you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Share Your Child Birth Experience / Nigerian Couple Dance After Welcoming A Child After 8 Years Of Waiting (photos) / ''My Wife Killed Our Child, Hypnotised And Poisoned Me''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.