Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,710 members, 7,802,151 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

"I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" (67467 Views)

Next Of Kin Issues: A stranger Has Taken Over His Dad's properties Please Advise / What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before / I Married A Stranger! I Caught My Wife With Her Boss At Ikeja Hotel! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by Iammercy2018: 11:58pm On Apr 12, 2018
When you're ready to say the truth we will also see if we can give reasonable advise, there are things you're not saying

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by Temibabie(f): 12:00am On Apr 13, 2018
I guess your parents pushed you to marry the guy cos he stays abroad and you also fell into their trap cos of money..... Money is not love and marriage is not fulfillment,now they've pushed you into it,not minding what you're going through, Sha think twice and don't get pregnant for your innocent husband

1 Like

Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by isalegan2: 12:00am On Apr 13, 2018
The ex is not an option.

Maybe you're lonely in a strange land. Find some activities or companions - no males though

Give your marriage a chance. Find something to occupy your time and take your mind off your worries. It's a good time to enroll in school and upgrade your status and employment opportunities. If your husband came home to get you and took you abroad, that means he has at least a long term visa or permanent residency. That may allow you to go to a state school that costs almost nothing for resudents.

Not comfortable advising divorce in a non-abusive relationship.
Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by kmaster007: 12:01am On Apr 13, 2018
money matter
Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by Nobody: 12:01am On Apr 13, 2018
lalasticlala:
A Nairalander who seriously needs advice sent in this mail. Please read and advise her. Thanks

"I Am still in love with my ex but I am married to a stranger

I wish to seek advice from nairalanders. I will accept insults. I just got married 2 months ago.

Let me start by saying I dated my ex for 4 years. We loved ourselves but you know as the year went by, my ex started showing some attitudes like hiding his phone when sleeping. Also his parents came up that we can't marry, simply becauss I am not same state with him.

While all this played out, this friend of mine connected me to a guy whom came back from abroad to marry. I saw the guy but didn't like him but before we met. I already informed my parents about this guy from abroad who likes me a lot. Without seeking for my approval. My parents got carried away and insisted that it's him they want, not my ex anymore. Out of fustration and pressure I married this new guy but I feel no love for him. My ex also wants me back and I want same because I love him.

I plan to divorce my husband because I can't stand that he Will be my husband for life. I don't love him.

Please advise me."
Hmmmmm! without asking a quiz, I guess I know where you're from. Money-induced marriage can never guarantee happiness, only true love can. I'm sure you know your faith forbids a divorce . I'd advise you manage him for life and pray that true love for him should to grow in your heart and remain
Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by focus7: 12:02am On Apr 13, 2018
You and I know it that

1. You are only lying against your ex to hold him responsible for your actions.

2. That yes your parents may not put up a restrain against your decision but it is not their pressure that made you took the decision but your greed.

3. That your parents didn't support your marriage to your ex is another lie just to add up to your excuses to make your reasons stronger. If they didn't support you marrying him before going to abroad is it now that you are married and in abroad they are now supporting you breaking up with your husband to marry the ex.

4. That you never loved anyone but that you are a gold digger. The only reason you are now not loving your husband again is because the realities is now obvious to you that all that glitters are not gold, you have now seen more prospect in the man in Nigeria than the obodo oyinbo husband.

Having made the above points i must tell you that if you go back to your ex you won't last with him because he will treat like a trash that you really are, you have lost your values and dignity.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by solhenawo: 12:06am On Apr 13, 2018
Vision2045:
You left it so late dear.

Introduction day came and done, you didn't run away, you allowed the merriment cloud your heart.

The wedding day came followed by probably a court thingy, the clergy man read out some words to you, and you recited with him and at the end of that covenant said "Yes I do" to all the terms, a day before then you never followed your heart you followed your parent.

Now some months after, you want to break the heart of the poor man,in the name of now listening and following your heart.

I will be straight with you and hit the nail on the head, you are a cheat and what kept the feeling in your head is simply because you are still entertaining your ex,cut all ties with him and ask your hubby for a two weeks vacation, just both of you, try to live in the moment with him and be open to his sincere love, share beautiful moments together, get to know him more, just forget about the fake feeling and feel real with him.

Sometimes love don't just develop fully, in some relationship it grows and when well nurtured it blossom.

Please allow yours to blossom with your partner and please desist from your parent excuse and stop the blame displacement. they wanted it and you succumb not because they forced you but because you wanted it as well, if not you would have stood your ground and confront their decision, if you can't then so where is the strength to face them with a divorce descion coming from.

I pray you understand my little advice use it and you will be good.

But first of all cut all tiles with your ex...block him on WhatsApp, on Facebook, unfollow him on twitter on Instagram, on snap chat, block his number with true caller, if he calls with another number tell him you are married and be a good wife to your husband,

But above all the Yoruba says and I translate, you can force the donkey/horse to the stream but your can't force it do drink from the stream.

God is with you.

Please send your account number to me .
You are a very wise individual.....keep it up.

1 Like

Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by Nobody: 12:06am On Apr 13, 2018
Sorry but you aren't supposed to be married in the first place. Only an immature person bows to pressure regardless of the fact that you loved Mr Ex. And don't even give the excuse of him hiding his phone. If you were uncomfortable with that, you should have made it known to him.
Your desire, not pressure led you to where you are today, a loveless marriage.
You've made your bed. Lie on it. Try to make your relationship work and stop trying to disturb Mr Ex.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by vhatpweetygurl(f): 12:07am On Apr 13, 2018
Your husband didn't put a gun to your head b4 you married him so why hate him?
Emotions are never in black and white,you listed reasons why it cudnt be your ex,all of a sudden those reasons no longer matter.
Madam stay with your husband,he came for a wife you presented yourself don't be deceived your ex doesn't want you back for good prolly just to score a point.Am cocksure his dick ain't honey coated than your husband. Stay with the man that gave you honour.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by wirinet(m): 12:16am On Apr 13, 2018
lalasticlala:
A Nairalander who seriously needs advice sent in this mail. Please read and advise her. Thanks

I wish to seek advice from nairalanders. I will accept insults. I just got married 2 months ago.

Let me start by saying I dated my ex for 4 years. We loved ourselves but you know as the year went by, my ex started showing some attitudes like hiding his phone when sleeping. Also his parents came up that we can't marry, simply becauss I am not same state with him.

While all this played out, this friend of mine connected me to a guy whom came back from abroad to marry. I saw the guy but didn't like him but before we met. I already informed my parents about this guy from abroad who likes me a lot. Without seeking for my approval. My parents got carried away and insisted that it's him they want, not my ex anymore. Out of fustration and pressure I married this new guy but I feel no love for him. My ex also wants me back and I want same because I love him.

I plan to divorce my husband because I can't stand that he Will be my husband for life. I don't love him.

Please advise me."

Red flag! Why was he hiding his phone? A successful marriage is built on trust. Are you prepared to fight his family? He might be forced to choose between you or his family after marriage. Are you sure of the option he will choose?

You did not tell us anything about your husband, whether he is not treating you rightl or not caring. Is he abusive?
Obviously, you need time to adjust to his personality
You had four year to love your ex, it will also take time to be compatible with your new husband. There can never be another person on this planet that has the same personality with your ex, so you can not use your ex as a yard stick for every other relationship you will have.

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by thunderbabs: 12:17am On Apr 13, 2018
U want to marry... U don marry now, ur eye don clear.. Complaint in just 2weeks......

I jus dont know all u females problem with this marriage of a thing... Y'all will be rushing just to flash ring to friends n family, the next minute, you made a mistake gettin married....

Screw u

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by eddyslim(m): 12:23am On Apr 13, 2018
Kinggnicole:
Go ahead with the divorce if that's what you really want.

Next time don't act like a baby. Put your foot down and make decisions based on what you want.
This one strong

1 Like

Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by baby124: 12:28am On Apr 13, 2018
Your ex does not wish you well and he is not a respectable person at all. He just wants to prove that he can manipulate you foolishly to leave your marriage. He never had the intention to marry you and will never marry you now. Saying his parents did not approve marriage is nonsense. That is not enough reason for him not to fight or convince them of your love. Be content with your husband and love him. Your ex does not love you. Don’t risk your marriage for something that will end up being a fling and then your ex disappears. He was and is still immature and never ready for marriage. Please block him and open your heart to your husband. Brush him up and support him to get to where you wish him to be. Goodluck

4 Likes

Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by sisisioge: 12:32am On Apr 13, 2018
One word: Asinu!
Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by apokan200(m): 12:34am On Apr 13, 2018
Don't make this mistake of thinking you love your ex and you wanna go back,he's a cheat for hiding phone from you when you were together and give your husband time and open your eyes to see him as your husband sometimes you need more than love to make your marriage work so put into effort those things and is gonna work for you.please you ex only want you for sex and nothing more

1 Like

Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by rafcrown(m): 12:35am On Apr 13, 2018
£$.£££££££££££$$$$$$$
Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by hypnotic(m): 12:51am On Apr 13, 2018
Abeg who else is toasting you? That is the one you should face not these two

1 Like

Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by kapelvej: 1:08am On Apr 13, 2018
My dear I am going try a serious marital issue now. My advice is that if you must leave your husband, make sure it is not because of your ex. Because even if you come back to your ex, you must remember that people around him know your situation, are you sure you will ever be respected around Hus people ?. Think, before you divorce, and even if you must, let it not be because of your ex.Let it be for personal convictions

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by Ability247(m): 1:14am On Apr 13, 2018
This is why I am against returning from somewhere and marrying whomever you were adviced is "a nice girl and will make a good wife", without knowing the person for sometime first... maybe oyibo hubby could have detected this girl's fakeness
Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by JDhotral4: 1:18am On Apr 13, 2018
pls and pls 4get about ur Ex with time things will work out for good
Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by udemzyudex(m): 1:19am On Apr 13, 2018
Sometimes we don't develop feelings immediately for someone, it comes gradually on it own.

You can learn to love him, I believe he loves you. Just give it time and take your mind off your ex. After all he was beginning to hide his phone from you and his parent were against your union.

What makes you think he will start giving you his phone or his family will love and want you as their daughter in law?

I'll advice you delete all contact with your ex, learn to love your husband, believe me with time you will develop that feelings for him.

Enjoy your marriage cos if you divorce him now all in the name of going to the one you love, you might hit the rock and realise all that glitters is not gold.

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by cenaman(m): 1:30am On Apr 13, 2018
I already informed my parents about this guy from abroad who likes me a lot. Without seeking for my approval. My parents got carried away and insisted that it's him they want, not my ex anymore. Out of fustration and pressure I married this new guy but I feel no love for him. if ask me na who i ask!

1 Like

Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by Dollabiz: 1:35am On Apr 13, 2018
oh
Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by Nobody: 1:36am On Apr 13, 2018
focus7:
You and I know it that

1. You are only lying against your ex to hold him responsible for your actions.

2. That yes your parents may not put up a restrain against your decision but it is not their that made you took the decision but your greed.

3. That your parents didn't support your marriage to ex is another lie just add up to your excuses to make your reasons stronger. If they didn't support you marrying him before going to abroad is now that you are married and in abroad they are now supporting you breaking up with your husband to marry the ex.

4. That you never loved anyone but that you are a gold digger. The only reason you are now not loving your husband again is because the realities is now obvious to you that all that glitters are not gold, you have now seen more prospect in the man in Nigeria than the obodo oyinbo husband.

Having made the above points i must tell you that if you go back to your ex you won't last with him because he will treat like a trash that really are, you have lost your values and dignity.

And if I might add integrity.

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by Buffalowings3(m): 1:40am On Apr 13, 2018
Wetin consign us
Abeg carry your cross sad sad

1 Like

Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by Nobody: 2:04am On Apr 13, 2018
I feel sorry for your current husband...my advice is if you can't eat the food in your house...sneak it outside...but no vex if dog eats the food in your house....coded tunes

1 Like

Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by Fitnessman(m): 2:05am On Apr 13, 2018
Still in love with your Ex? OMG!!
Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by Guruslord: 2:07am On Apr 13, 2018
follow your mind............ @guruslord
Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by CSTR1003: 2:08am On Apr 13, 2018
The only person I pity here is your husband.

He thought that coming home to get a wife would be best for him, not knowing that he got an inconsiderate idiot for a wife.

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by KanwuliaExtra: 2:09am On Apr 13, 2018
Advise sent by mail. . . .

Next please. . . . . kiss

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by Nobody: 2:12am On Apr 13, 2018
You cannot love your husband and he will continue to be a stranger until you let your ex b your ex and let him stasy in your past. In as much as you continue to chat and talk with him often your husband will continue to be a stranger. You need to identify that (1) you were not forced or coerced by your parents to marry your husband, their thunder only helped your own bomb (2) if your ex loved you that much he would not have allowed the marriage happen (3) your ex cheated, his parents detest you, what you have happening between you two now is just infatuation motivated by memory you shared together. The moment he start to knack you again, your eyes will clear, your ex will rather have you as mistress than a wife, he will prefer he sleep with you steadily until he forget about you. I will advice you to focus on your home, and stop communicating with your ex. In a month he himself will forget about you. If you divorce, your case will end up like Meredith mother in Greys anatomy
Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by TEYA: 2:42am On Apr 13, 2018
lalasticlala:

Please advise me."

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wife Catches Her Husband Sleeping With Her Mother In Nasarawa / What is This Small Boy Trying To Do??(photo) / Zimbabwean Wife Grabs Husband's Joystick For Denying Her Sex During Fasting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.