Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,071 members, 7,807,206 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

"I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" (67476 Views)

Next Of Kin Issues: A stranger Has Taken Over His Dad's properties Please Advise / What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before / I Married A Stranger! I Caught My Wife With Her Boss At Ikeja Hotel! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by 2016v2017: 2:46am On Apr 13, 2018
JasonScolari:
You're confused. I believe the stranger did not put a rope round your neck and dragged you like a goat to the altar... You can't stand up for yourself and take decisions yourself without the interference of your parents who only see you as a sacrificial lamb to cancel poverty?

You played yourself girl (according to my friend, Thegeneralqueen)

I am sorry, you can't eat your cake and have it So remain where you are. I wish you well.
Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by 2016v2017: 2:53am On Apr 13, 2018
thorpido:
Why rush yourself into marriage in the first place?
You wanted obodo oyinbo things?
You better try to make your marriage work.You just got married two months ago so why not give the marriage a try.You could grow together as time goes by.

As for your ex,I think you are just fooling yourself.You said he used to hide his phone,if you ever get back together,i hope he won't have to hide you one day.
Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by Lexusgs430: 2:53am On Apr 13, 2018
eleojo23:
Can you people stop posting all these complicated (and mostly fabricated) annoying stories and start posting better things?

Everyday Ex this, Ex that..

Oga, you harsh o.....
Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by 2016v2017: 2:55am On Apr 13, 2018
eleojo23:
Can you people stop posting all these complicated (and mostly fabricated) annoying stories and start posting better things?

Everyday Ex this, Ex that..
Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by MissRaine69(f): 2:55am On Apr 13, 2018
Suffer the consequences.......
Even under pressure and frustration you could have said no but you wanted to punish your ex because he was taking his time and you were impatient. Well this is what happens to impatient women. You made your bed lie in it.
As for your ex some men want what they suddenly can’t have or there is the real reality that he wants you because he sees you as an opportunity to leave the country just like you did. ( that’s if you left) Don’t think for a minute he will stay with you if he does. You madam are now a means of an end nothing more!

If his parents did not approve of you then they certainly have very valid reasons to absolutely not approve of you now have you thought about it?

Should have stayed single ........while you sorted your self and your head out now. You can’t jump in and out of relationships and expect no consequences. This man (husband) has the right to ask for all he has paid for you to be returned. I feel sorry for your husband.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by AreaFada2: 2:58am On Apr 13, 2018
Well, as much as we all like to condemn this lady for her insecurity and immaturity, maybe we should see her point too. She has already realised she cannot marry him for life.

Hopefully just two months into the marriage she's not pregnant yet. And hopefully she has not moved abroad with hubby yet.

Therefore better to help the hubby cut his losses now. She will also spare the innocent hubby and herself much unhappiness.

To soldier on regardless just for the sake of it will eventually cause resentment. Something the hubby cannot help but notice with time. So she should not continue deceiving him. She's already practically cheating on hubby by still discussing love and possibility of returning, with her ex. Emotional cheating is the twin sister of physical cheating.

If she chooses to divorce, the hubby will be distraught initially of course but it will save him time and avoid the chances of the lady's ex fathering a child for the hubby.

If she returns to her ex, whatever she gets there she has to bear with humility. The ex might be out on vengeance, to break her marriage, use her and dump.

If the ex bf was previously hiding his other liaisons by hiding phone at night, who says he'll stop that behaviour to please a returnee ex who's now even a divorcee? shocked shocked

5 Likes

Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by iammarvellux(m): 3:15am On Apr 13, 2018
BE more patience,

You will smile at last
Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by linearity: 3:29am On Apr 13, 2018
Nairaland is fast becoming a fake news and fake story factory, keep it up.
Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by ikevictor: 3:34am On Apr 13, 2018
The only reason why am disappointed in you is not because you married another while in love with the other...the painpoint is, does your husband know that you truly do not love him?

Start by telling him the truth first, cos its possible you still call him all the sweet names in the world then come to NL to post rubbish.

1 Like

Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by prechbills1(m): 3:39am On Apr 13, 2018
undecided fake story.. I don't understand how some people actually believed this crap
Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by prechbills1(m): 3:41am On Apr 13, 2018
lemme go back to sleep abeg, 40% of stories like this posted on nairaland are fake undecided

1 Like

Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by prechbills1(m): 3:46am On Apr 13, 2018
MissRaine69:
Suffer the consequences.......
Even under pressure and frustration you could have said no but you wanted to punish your ex because he was taking his time and you were impatient. Well this is what happens to impatient women. You made your bed lie in it.
As for your ex some men want what they suddenly can’t have or there is the real reality that he wants you because he sees you as an opportunity to leave the country just like you did. ( that’s if you left) Don’t think for a minute he will stay with you if he does. You madam are now a means of an end nothing more!

If his parents did not approve of you then they certainly have very valid reasons to absolutely not approve of you now have you thought about it?

Should have stayed single ........while you sorted your self and your head out now. You can’t jump in and out of relationships and expect no consequences. This man (husband) has the right to ask for all he has paid for you to be returned. I feel sorry for your husband.

I used to think that things like this only happen in nollywood movies.. imagine the disgrace, was she dragged like a goat to the alter?

this story is fake though, anybody who believes this crap is living in fantasy.

1 Like

Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by RaseJudex(m): 4:10am On Apr 13, 2018
To say that you are confused is an understatement. You are confused, senseless and immature.

According to you, your Ex's family didn't support your relationship with him because you are not from the same state. They rejected you when you were brand new. How then do you think they will accept you now that you are a ' second-hand', 'tokunbo', 'roughly (fairly) used', 'belgium'
They will never ever accept you.
What is wrong with you is one of the following possibilities.
1.you are destined never to get married. Hence the reason you want to destroy your current marriage in order to fulfill that prophecy
2. You are an Olosho with a borehole as pussy and your husband is so tiny downstairs, hence hr can't satisfy you.
3. You are a gold-digger and you just discovered that your husband is not as rich as you imagined or expected.
CONCLUSION;
Grow up and take responsibility for your actions.
Build with your husband.
Leave your Ex alone. There is a reason why he is an Ex.

2 Likes

Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by jajaofafrica: 4:24am On Apr 13, 2018
Sorry Lady...but you are just one more casualty of poverty

1 Like

Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by kushme: 4:36am On Apr 13, 2018
lalasticlala:
A Nairalander who seriously needs advice sent in this mail. Please read and advise her. Thanks

"I Am still in love with my ex but I am married to a stranger

I wish to seek advice from nairalanders. I will accept insults. I just got married 2 months ago.

Let me start by saying I dated my ex for 4 years. We loved ourselves but you know as the year went by, my ex started showing some attitudes like hiding his phone when sleeping. Also his parents came up that we can't marry, simply becauss I am not same state with him.

While all this played out, this friend of mine connected me to a guy whom came back from abroad to marry. I saw the guy but didn't like him but before we met. I already informed my parents about this guy from abroad who likes me a lot. Without seeking for my approval. My parents got carried away and insisted that it's him they want, not my ex anymore. Out of fustration and pressure I married this new guy but I feel no love for him. My ex also wants me back and I want same because I love him.

I plan to divorce my husband because I can't stand that he Will be my husband for life. I don't love him.

Please advise me."

@bolded, the stupid excuse they start making when they' re planning to leave. She was already connected to the abroad guy before her mind started noticing the the bolded... If you never liked or loved the foreign based, why would you tell your parents in the first place? You desperate piece of shiit.

From her write up, you would observe that she ain't ready to be responsible for her problems.. She is directly or indirectly blaming everyone. the Ex, his parents, the friend who connected her, her parents and the current husband.

As for the Ex, if you accept a divorcee who left your arse for an abroad husband, then sorry na your name.
Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by theo1477(m): 4:45am On Apr 13, 2018
Remember your ex was hiding his phone when sleeping,he started doing something funny. My advice is relax where you are, cut the bridge between you and your ex. You would regret in life if you go back to him. I hope husband is not aware that you don't love him? Then it is better you calm down and build your home. Don't think there is any marriage with totally perfect love. Bear, be patient, relax build your home, you won't regret it at last.

1 Like

Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by bestiyke(m): 4:45am On Apr 13, 2018
All the advice you need has been given by most here. To sum it up, love has to do with mind and feeling. Just as you can change the way you feel about something, you can equally grow your love and affection for somebody. Change your feeling for you hubby , grow your love and affection for him and make him to love the more. You will enjoy your marrage. As you has been rightly told by many here, 'DROP the else DATABASE FROM your RDBMS'. The earlier you do this the better for you.
Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by nwoye72: 4:53am On Apr 13, 2018
Even if you marry your ex u will still think u might have made a mistake ok,no one is perfect.long time relationship before marriage can also fail too.no excitement and nothing new.u may not love him but i idvice u to better start building the love,love is something u have to build.but mind u if the abroad guy get to know u don't love him,honestly he will throw u away immediately without thinking all he spent to marry u.so thats how we are and I'm one of them,thanks
Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by Boyooosa(m): 5:09am On Apr 13, 2018
The reason I comment is to find out the interest of lala in this post. How can a whole almighty lala become an op to this kind of empty post: of a greedy lost sheep seeking the attention nl neighbourhood in the middle of the night.
Lala, is she your ex?!
Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by Codebrain3323: 5:09am On Apr 13, 2018
Pray

Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by eyinjuege: 5:10am On Apr 13, 2018
Stop chatting or talking with your ex. He has no intentions of marrying you. He never did even before you got married, is it after you become a divorcee he now wants to, orhis mother will now give her blessings?
Don't fool yourself.
Face your husband, and start appreciating his good sides. Don't think your husband doesn't know you're still chatting with your ex o. He's just watching you to see how far you will go with this ex issue.
Don't ever talk to Mr X again and block him from all social media
Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by wristbangle: 5:25am On Apr 13, 2018
This is the problem with ladies atimes. Probably due to their weak emotions which is the reason for their poor decision making, easily deceived and bow to pressure most especially from peers quickly.

Is it that he is no longer financial capable like before or maltreats u? Why do u want to deliberately wreck your life? Afterall, u made the decision after being entice by the goodies-goodies from your abroad husband. Why would you want to consider your ex with secret and questionable character? Can't you see what he is doing to you? Choking your head with "jagons" and maybe after achieving his aim, he will dump you as a sweet revenge for not considering him at first.

The only reason I could advise you to opt out is if you are facing intense physical assault and other terrible maltreatment from your husband. Give your marriage a trial and delete any form of communication with your ex.

You have made a vow. For better. for ....

1 Like

Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by Chari4: 5:56am On Apr 13, 2018
Madam, you have been married for a minute. Calm down, no body's marriage is perfect. Love us never enough, you have to make a conscious effort to love and make it work. You still need time to get to know him, mind you the wahala that comes with marrying into a famiky that doesn't like you worse off. Discuss this with your husband and find a way to communicate more and be friends.
Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by newoffer: 5:59am On Apr 13, 2018
You are one of those spirit wife
Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by Adebowale89(m): 6:14am On Apr 13, 2018
no one is perfect, we'll have a flaw and the ability to get up from your wrongdoing shows the sanity in you.

when your ex were given that attitudes, do you communicate with him about it because I know communication makes imperfect relationship perfect and how can a guy mother against you getting married to his son and you feel it would still work? if you need to know, mother take a bigger role in their kids marriage than the man

now the guy abroad you don't like him but you agree to marry him somewhat of doing marriage with him, do you know what it takes to tell a man YES?

lemme bring this to your notice that, if you go back to your ex, he won't be serious with you thereafter and ruled out any idea of him getting married to u not even when you're still surrounded with earlier circumstances

is better you learn to love that man, so far he loves you, we learn to love. you didn't love your ex immediately he approached you am sure and why you don't have feelings for your husband is because you people have short courtship but still I won't advise you to quit that marriage, you might end up regretting it for life

what if, you went back to your ex and he wasted your time for some Years and later dump u?

what if, after your ex dump u, and you're later jumping from one fvckboy to another

have you consider the consequence? if you think deeply, you're still more safe to learn to love him than quitting the marriage
Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by olumide81(m): 6:19am On Apr 13, 2018
You forgot to tell us that your ex is not doing too well financially
Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by osabiggy(m): 6:20am On Apr 13, 2018
[See, I think you should learn to love your husband o, it's just 2months, haha! ask your mom/parants they may not have loved themselves the way they do now. What sort of yeye love do you and your ex have? Marriage is more of companionship; again, learn to love your husband (Christian sacrifice) and God will bless you. quote author=Emekus92 post=66663247]I will advice you to build ur marriage get to know ur husband more better tell him things let him know u n try to forget about ur ex.

a life time promise you made 2 months ago u want to break it. what make u think the 1 u will make with ur ex will last up to a week.

What make u think ur ex will want to marry you even if he do want to marry you what makes you think his family will give you their blessings.

[/quote]
Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by Follygunners: 6:26am On Apr 13, 2018
splmosixx:
I know Nwamaikpe has something to say...

Lemme comment my Reserve...

Nwamaikpe over to you

Cuz he be god, abi? Ode. angry
Re: "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" by MrEgghead(m): 6:31am On Apr 13, 2018
My perfect description of the 'op' is someone who is utterly confused and doesn't know what she wants.
You left your boy friend on the basis of family pressure, infidelity and insecure attitude, It depicts you're a still a neophyte when it comes to relationship matters.
IF you had stood your ground against your parents wish, I'm pretty sure they would have succumbed. In respect to infidelity, Did you bother to know why his attitude suddenly changed?I doubt.
Put yourself in your husband shoes and imagine the pains, disappointments and indignities he'd pass through if you eventually divorce just because of your insensitivity, egocentrism and vile avariciousness for materialistic things.. It's so unfortunate!
No man is infallible, I'm sure the husband will want a happy home for himself if he doesn't wish father children that are not his because it's clear you're even fucking your boyfriend unknowingly to him.
Get your ass together and take a bold step today but remember the laws of karma.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What is This Small Boy Trying To Do??(photo) / Zimbabwean Wife Grabs Husband's Joystick For Denying Her Sex During Fasting / Wife Catches Her Husband Sleeping With Her Mother In Nasarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.