Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,826 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:31 PM

NYSC Members Now To Be Posted To Farms — Coordinator - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Members Now To Be Posted To Farms — Coordinator (21589 Views)

NYSC Announced 33k For Corp Members Now Official / NYSC: Corps Members To Be Posted To Farms – Coordinator / NYSC Corps Members To Be Posted To Farms- Coordinator Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Members Now To Be Posted To Farms — Coordinator by Mowunmiaf: 10:52am On Apr 13, 2018
NYSC members

The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) says it will include farming and crop production as part of the one year primary assignment for corps members from the next service year.

Mr Bello Ballama, the NYSC FCT Coordinator, said this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja on Thursday.

He said that the move was to help address corps rejection by some corps employers through the engagement of more corps members in all aspects of farming and crop production.

The coordinator said that the move was also aimed at boosting the NYSC Skills Acquisition and Entrepreneurship Development (SAED) Programme.

Ballam said the scheme was therefore putting all its farms in good condition in readiness for corps members to commence its use.

“Corps members will be involved in all aspects of farming and crop production.

“This will not only support skills acquisition of NYSC but also governments plan of boosting agricultural production to improve self-reliance and achieve national growth and development.

“From this 2018 Batch ‘A’ Stream I set of corps members who are commencing orientation on April 19, we are going to look into all the farm formations and centres to be able to post corps members there.

“We have farms in the FCT and many other states of the country; the present leadership of the scheme is poised to ensuring the revival of all NYSC facilities including the farms.

“The NYSC is faced with the challenge of engaging the increasing number of corps members mobilised every year.

“We therefore, have to take proactive steps towards achieving our mandate and supporting the federal government’s plans for youth development,”he said.

Source: http://aftrending.com/nysc-members-now-to-be-posted-to-farms-coordinator/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Members Now To Be Posted To Farms — Coordinator by dafeyankee: 10:56am On Apr 13, 2018
Very good.

19 Likes

Re: NYSC Members Now To Be Posted To Farms — Coordinator by Mowunmiaf: 10:57am On Apr 13, 2018

1 Like

Re: NYSC Members Now To Be Posted To Farms — Coordinator by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 13, 2018
OBJ farms is where I want to be posted

15 Likes

Re: NYSC Members Now To Be Posted To Farms — Coordinator by edlion57(m): 5:01pm On Apr 13, 2018
Post them in aso rock

1 Like

Re: NYSC Members Now To Be Posted To Farms — Coordinator by CriticMaestro: 5:01pm On Apr 13, 2018
Which farm? Farms wey herdsmen dey patrol?

108 Likes 9 Shares

Re: NYSC Members Now To Be Posted To Farms — Coordinator by obaival(m): 5:02pm On Apr 13, 2018
Re: NYSC Members Now To Be Posted To Farms — Coordinator by Lexusgs430: 5:02pm On Apr 13, 2018
N - New
Y - Yam
S - Served
C - Corpers stylee

17 Likes

Re: NYSC Members Now To Be Posted To Farms — Coordinator by joeaz58(m): 5:02pm On Apr 13, 2018
mogbe!!!! why now make dem wait till next 2 yrs Na ... HERDSMEN right now!!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Members Now To Be Posted To Farms — Coordinator by SleakBuzzPR: 5:02pm On Apr 13, 2018
We keep confining ourselves to this failed system where a couple of old buffoons sit together at a pepper soup joint to derail the future of the coming generation.

Nysc is inconsequential and lacks any developmental value other than wasting 12months of the lives of Youths and syphooning money under the guise of national service.

A nation that has no regards for lives, property and the improvement of the standard of living has no business soliciting for my patriotic duties. I would gladly render if it was worth it. But it ain't.

I'd rather develop myself and be of service to my family....

61 Likes 8 Shares

Re: NYSC Members Now To Be Posted To Farms — Coordinator by Acecube(m): 5:02pm On Apr 13, 2018
A nice initiative

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Members Now To Be Posted To Farms — Coordinator by obonujoker(m): 5:03pm On Apr 13, 2018
So long Medical Doctors are sent to the farms instead of hospitals, then I m OK........

20 Likes

Re: NYSC Members Now To Be Posted To Farms — Coordinator by ZombiePUNISHER: 5:03pm On Apr 13, 2018
They want to make sure the herdsmen don't lack potential victims...

Another sai barber project sad

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NYSC Members Now To Be Posted To Farms — Coordinator by LastSurvivor11: 5:04pm On Apr 13, 2018
Coper right now

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Members Now To Be Posted To Farms — Coordinator by Tekajoi(m): 5:04pm On Apr 13, 2018
i'm hoping they post all those yeye slay queens to dirty farms grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC Members Now To Be Posted To Farms — Coordinator by ebuk4real(m): 5:04pm On Apr 13, 2018
Soon, it will be to churches

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Members Now To Be Posted To Farms — Coordinator by stevesharon: 5:05pm On Apr 13, 2018
Farms will be dangerous for now o.....due to Fulani herdsmen killings... Most of their killings are perpetuated in the farm. Let the govt take note of this high risk they want to put corps members.

16 Likes

Re: NYSC Members Now To Be Posted To Farms — Coordinator by Oleash: 5:05pm On Apr 13, 2018
very good initiative. I hope corp members won't have to do any hard labour on farms

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC Members Now To Be Posted To Farms — Coordinator by olanrewaju99(m): 5:06pm On Apr 13, 2018
Its a good idea but I hope not benue or dangerous area, fulani herdsmen are all over the farm now looking for prey. Adequate must be the paramount.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NYSC Members Now To Be Posted To Farms — Coordinator by nairaman66(m): 5:06pm On Apr 13, 2018
Hope they follow up! Because Nigerian government is senseless..

1 Like

Re: NYSC Members Now To Be Posted To Farms — Coordinator by nabegibeg: 5:06pm On Apr 13, 2018
Mowunmiaf:
NYSC members

The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) says it will include farming and crop production as part of the one year primary assignment for corps members from the next service year.

Mr Bello Ballama, the NYSC FCT Coordinator, said this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja on Thursday.

He said that the move was to help address corps rejection by some corps employers through the engagement of more corps members in all aspects of farming and crop production.

The coordinator said that the move was also aimed at boosting the NYSC Skills Acquisition and Entrepreneurship Development (SAED) Programme.

Ballam said the scheme was therefore putting all its farms in good condition in readiness for corps members to commence its use.

“Corps members will be involved in all aspects of farming and crop production.

“This will not only support skills acquisition of NYSC but also governments plan of boosting agricultural production to improve self-reliance and achieve national growth and development.

“From this 2018 Batch ‘A’ Stream I set of corps members who are commencing orientation on April 19, we are going to look into all the farm formations and centres to be able to post corps members there.

“We have farms in the FCT and many other states of the country; the present leadership of the scheme is poised to ensuring the revival of all NYSC facilities including the farms.

“The NYSC is faced with the challenge of engaging the increasing number of corps members mobilised every year.

“We therefore, have to take proactive steps towards achieving our mandate and supporting the federal government’s plans for youth development,”he said.

Source: http://aftrending.com/nysc-members-now-to-be-posted-to-farms-coordinator/

no politician or rich man children will ever be posted to farms

well the rest know themselves grin grin

19 Likes

Re: NYSC Members Now To Be Posted To Farms — Coordinator by Oluwambo147(m): 5:06pm On Apr 13, 2018
Potential Fulani herdsmen victims, i reject it for them ijn

9 Likes

Re: NYSC Members Now To Be Posted To Farms — Coordinator by LastSurvivor11: 5:06pm On Apr 13, 2018
And there children will be posted to central bank and ministries..

11 Likes

Re: NYSC Members Now To Be Posted To Farms — Coordinator by wellmax(m): 5:07pm On Apr 13, 2018
Very good if they will be posted to commercial and mechanized farms

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Members Now To Be Posted To Farms — Coordinator by olanrewaju99(m): 5:07pm On Apr 13, 2018
ts a good idea but I hope not benue or dangerous area, fulani herdsmen are all over the farm now looking for prey. Adequate security must be the paramount.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Members Now To Be Posted To Farms — Coordinator by sekem: 5:07pm On Apr 13, 2018
Nice move

Agriculture is the new gold

Agricultural revolution must happen in this country

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Members Now To Be Posted To Farms — Coordinator by Jaqenhghar: 5:07pm On Apr 13, 2018
So that herdsmen will slaughter them

5 Likes

Re: NYSC Members Now To Be Posted To Farms — Coordinator by yazach: 5:08pm On Apr 13, 2018
Very good and welcome idea

1 Like

Re: NYSC Members Now To Be Posted To Farms — Coordinator by lloyds(m): 5:08pm On Apr 13, 2018
So that harden will pieces them with cutlass chap chap. Well-done Sir.

Useless people.

3 Likes

Re: NYSC Members Now To Be Posted To Farms — Coordinator by Jaqenhghar: 5:08pm On Apr 13, 2018
sekem:
Nice move

Agriculture is the new gold

Agricultural revolution must happen in this country
What you call agriculture here is actually peasant farming

5 Likes

Re: NYSC Members Now To Be Posted To Farms — Coordinator by mrkunlex(m): 5:08pm On Apr 13, 2018
Good move but the problem is the herdsmen

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Corper Franklin Onwubiko Donates Classroom Seats In Daura (Photos) / Coronavirus: Postpone NYSC Orientation Camp - MURIC Warns FG / Top 5 Businesses You Can Do As A Youth Corper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.