Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

Nairalander And Corps Member Wins NYSC Award For Carrying Out Personal CDS - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nairalander And Corps Member Wins NYSC Award For Carrying Out Personal CDS (957 Views)

Bus Carrying Corpers From Delta NYSC Camp Explodes (Video, Photo) / A Nairalander Wins NYSC Mr Macho 2021 In Zamfara State (Photos) / My Nysc Personal Cds Projects: A Successful one (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalander And Corps Member Wins NYSC Award For Carrying Out Personal CDS by Badirukehinde(m): 10:56am On Apr 13, 2018
Some predecessors had made NYSC look like it's a total waste of time. No it wasn't. It is a one whole year I would wish for again(yes, I meant that)... Serving in a church as a pianist, graphics designer, Media director and Creative writing/English Grammar/Literature in English teacher was heart warming. More than that, I didn't only had the opportunity to serve the Nigeria of my dreams, I served God too. It was stupid when I told people I served in a church: Victory Int Church of Pastor Taiwo Adelakun but I followed God.

In less than one year, I was able to chronicle my priceless experiences, feats, challeges and how I was able to overcome them achieving worthwhile results. I wouldn't have written my new book, "Mbok Don't Kopa Me" which is my first work of creative non-fiction, my second book and has received over 1500 downloads.

I wasn't the best, God's grace was the reason and I return everything to Jesus today. I served as the state's Graphics designer and creative director for the NYSC Akwa Ibom designing the monthly newsletters, banners, social media-ads and the Cover page of the final POP Magazine.

Through my Creative Writing Initiative: "Write Now", we trained over 150 students in Uyo metropolis and published a magazine. More than than, I have learnt patience, diligence, service, humility and building networks.

Today, as we move to the next phase through God, not through man, I'm privileged to be part of the 5 to have received an NYSC/State Award for having carried out a Personal CDS successfully. I held my tears as I received this remembering all the hurdles I went through walking all over streets in rain and sunshine to get sponsors. Enough said, only praises to God.

I'm Badiru Kehinde, I'm a writer, student, literary enthusiast, entrepreneur, poet, graphics designer and brands developer passionate about impact, volunteering and youths' empowerment. I graduated with a B.A in English & International Studies from the prestigious Osun State University in a dodo Ikire paradise. I can write, design and work as a news writer,editor,journalist,and creative graphics designer.

I'm available, Email me if you have anything for me badirukehinde@gmail.com

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander And Corps Member Wins NYSC Award For Carrying Out Personal CDS by dafeyankee: 10:58am On Apr 13, 2018
Op respect yourself.

Your write up was making sense, until you claimed that back of the wood University is prestigious.

Did not even know Osun State had a University. Too much mushroom schools popping up everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander And Corps Member Wins NYSC Award For Carrying Out Personal CDS by haywire07(m): 11:10am On Apr 13, 2018
Badirukehinde:

I'm Badiru Kehinde, I'm a writer, student, literary enthusiast, entrepreneur, poet, graphics designer and brands developer passionate about impact, volunteering and youths' empowerment. I graduated with a B.A in English & International Studies from the prestigious Osun State University in a dodo Ikire paradise. I can write, design and work as a news writer,editor,journalist,and creative graphics designer.

I'm available, Email me if you have anything for me
Baba don dey market himself . He don hear full gist of life after NYSC

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander And Corps Member Wins NYSC Award For Carrying Out Personal CDS by Badirukehinde(m): 12:44pm On Apr 13, 2018
dafeyankee:
Op respect yourself.

Your write up was making sense, until you claimed that back of the wood University is prestigious.

Did not even know Osun State had a University. Too much mushroom schools popping up everywhere.

How come you didn't know Osun State have a University? You just broke my heart. That means you've been busy in the woods finding mushrooms.
Re: Nairalander And Corps Member Wins NYSC Award For Carrying Out Personal CDS by Yungwizzzy28(m): 7:22pm On Apr 13, 2018
Lol the hustle is real

In the end last last you take style dey hustle for job

You played yourself

1 Like

Re: Nairalander And Corps Member Wins NYSC Award For Carrying Out Personal CDS by sapientia1(m): 1:34am On Apr 15, 2018
Congratulations bro.
I'm a graduate of Osun State University too (2017) and I know you're destined for great things.
God will guide you.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander And Corps Member Wins NYSC Award For Carrying Out Personal CDS by Badirukehinde(m): 7:45am On Apr 16, 2018
sapientia1:
Congratulations bro.
I'm a graduate of Osun State University too (2017) and I know you're destined for great things.
God will guide you.

Thanks and Congrats to you too as you move into the service year.

Best'

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

... / Outgoing Youth Corper In Port Harcourt Builds Statue For Gov. Wike (photos) / Who Provides Accomodation For Corpers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.