Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,030 members, 7,807,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

Can Astigmatism Prescription Damage The Eye - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can Astigmatism Prescription Damage The Eye (497 Views)

Habits That Damage The Kidneys / Astigmatism! My Worse Night Mare / "Take 2 In The Morning Before You Wake Up": Check Out This Drug Prescription (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Astigmatism Prescription Damage The Eye by omoharry(f): 11:54am On Apr 13, 2018
Hello to all the opticians in the house.I had my eyes checked and the doctor informed me that I had Presbyopia and Astigmatism.I was suppose to collect the frame and lens from the clinic but it was way out of my budget as they were very expensive. I took my prescription to another optician and he informed me that i should not include Astigmatism prescription for my lenses because it will damage my eyes further. I can see very well but my vision get blurry when Object get closer to like some 18 inches away from my face and I am sensitive to light rays..so please I don't know if i should exclude the astigmatism prescription or not. So can astigmatism prescription damage your eyes further?. As far as i am concern, I only need reading glasses and to protect my eyes from light ray as i can see people both near and far.

The object I cannot see when they are very near are letter words, at least I can use my laptop without squinting..my foreheads only arches there after. see below my prescription from the optician and Pls advice.

DISTANT

RIGHT : SPH: - 0.00 CYL: - 0.25 AXIS: 060 : LEFT : SPH : - 0.00 CYL: -0.25 AXIS : 090

NEAR: SHP :+1.00
Re: Can Astigmatism Prescription Damage The Eye by optm(m): 7:49pm On Apr 18, 2018
you were informed wrongly that such would have your eyes damaged. both prescriptions would work for you. making lenses without the cylinder to correct d astigmatism is cheaper than having it ; not that it would damage ur eyes. that's a misinformation
Re: Can Astigmatism Prescription Damage The Eye by omoharry(f): 1:25pm On Aug 31, 2018
optm:
you were informed wrongly that such would have your eyes damaged. both prescriptions would work for you. making lenses without the cylinder to correct d astigmatism is cheaper than having it ; not that it would damage ur eyes. that's a misinformation
Thank you.
Re: Can Astigmatism Prescription Damage The Eye by optm(m): 1:38pm On Aug 31, 2018
omoharry:
Thank you.
Uwlcm Ma

(1) (Reply)

Woman Shares Story About How She Gave Birth In A Hotel All By Herself / Help, bad breath, pains around left eyes and nose / Blood Pressure Monitors | Everyday Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.