Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,527 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:53 PM

Harakiri & Michelin89 Discuss Traditional Cuisine. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Harakiri & Michelin89 Discuss Traditional Cuisine. (1604 Views)

African Cuisine / Yours Mine and Ours: Cuisine / Rivers State Cuisine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Harakiri & Michelin89 Discuss Traditional Cuisine. by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 13, 2010
I don't use tomatoes for my egusi. . .my mum didn't.
Re: Harakiri & Michelin89 Discuss Traditional Cuisine. by harakiri(m): 8:19pm On May 13, 2010
You don't know what you are missing out on.I was raised to use only crayfish but a few years ago, i discovered "fresh" tomatoes and i have never looked back ever since.I have about 3 ways of preparing it.Make i list am?
Re: Harakiri & Michelin89 Discuss Traditional Cuisine. by Nobody: 9:42pm On May 13, 2010
I'll be glad to know. Egusi soup has always been the most difficult recipe.

The easiest in my opinion is ogbono soup.
Re: Harakiri & Michelin89 Discuss Traditional Cuisine. by harakiri(m): 12:44am On May 14, 2010
Specification for Egusi soup for Harakiri and Unknown number of persons.

Fresh tomatoes = N200
Pepper = N100
Onions = N100 (i love loads of onions)
A bulb of garlic (if you prefer)
Beef N,1000 (Buy from the chairman of butchers at Agboju marker. . .him dey give discount well well)
Egusi =N180
1 "head" of Ugwu is sufficient but if things don cost, buy two "heads"
Palm oil
Salt
Know cubes

(1)First of all, blend the tomatoes,pepper,onions and garlic together.Make sure it doesn't get watery.Slice your Ugwu leaves.

(2)Second, put your beef to boil, slice in a little onion to spice it up a bit and step outdoors for a cigarette break.

(3)Third, turn off the heat for the meat and use a fresh pot to heat up the oil.When it's hot, add the blended tomatoes and let it fry for a bit.

(4)Fourth, in your Egusi and reduce your heat to medium, let it boil for about 5 minutes before adding your boiled meat.Step outdoors for another cigarette.

(5)Finally, add your vegetables,know cubes and salt to taste and let it boil for about 5-10 more minutes and put it down.You can follow up with eba,pounded yam or if you're like me, with fufu.

This na my recipe for Egusi soup (tomato)
Re: Harakiri & Michelin89 Discuss Traditional Cuisine. by Nobody: 12:56am On May 14, 2010
Do you always use garlic?
Re: Harakiri & Michelin89 Discuss Traditional Cuisine. by harakiri(m): 1:00am On May 14, 2010
michelin89:

Do you always use garlic?

Most of the time, yeah.I love the flavor and it's a natural antibiotic.All the same, it's a matter of preference.
Re: Harakiri & Michelin89 Discuss Traditional Cuisine. by harakiri(m): 1:01am On May 14, 2010
I have converted a lot of anti-garlic choppers to "garlicaholics".My neighbor included.
Re: Harakiri & Michelin89 Discuss Traditional Cuisine. by Travelista(f): 1:03am On May 14, 2010
Oh, my gosh! You two are still talking about cooking? That is too adorable! cheesy cheesy Awww!
Re: Harakiri & Michelin89 Discuss Traditional Cuisine. by Nobody: 1:04am On May 14, 2010
How do you make it "smell-less"?
Re: Harakiri & Michelin89 Discuss Traditional Cuisine. by Nobody: 1:05am On May 14, 2010
Travelista:

Oh, my gosh! You two are still talking about cooking? That is too adorable! cheesy cheesy Awww!

Yes darling and after I have been educated, I'll call my grandma to send me that village husband. I can't wait to show him that he might have left the village, but he'll still find it with me.
Re: Harakiri & Michelin89 Discuss Traditional Cuisine. by Travelista(f): 1:08am On May 14, 2010
michelin89:

Yes darling and after I have been educated, I'll call my grandma to send me that village husband. I can't wait to show him that he might have left the village, but he'll still find it with me.

Is Harakiri the village boy by any chance? wink
Re: Harakiri & Michelin89 Discuss Traditional Cuisine. by harakiri(m): 1:09am On May 14, 2010
michelin89:

If you have an abhorrence for garlic you can leave it out but in my opinion, onions leaves a worse smell in the mouth than garlic but that's my opinion.Leave out the garlic if you must.Na my way i post. I added you on Skype.
Re: Harakiri & Michelin89 Discuss Traditional Cuisine. by mamagee3(f): 1:09am On May 14, 2010
Typical Michelin89' Thread Title.
Re: Harakiri & Michelin89 Discuss Traditional Cuisine. by Nobody: 1:11am On May 14, 2010
Travelista:

Is Harakiri the village boy by any chance? wink

Village men nor dey cook.

harakiri:

If you have an abhorrence for garlic you can leave it out but in my opinion, onions leaves a worse smell in the mouth than garlic but that's my opinion.Leave out the garlic if you must.Na my way i post. I added you on Skype.

Ok. No one has ever died because they tried. I'll meet you there.

mama-gee:

Typical Michelin89' Thread Title.

Oh sweetheart, feel free to join.
Re: Harakiri & Michelin89 Discuss Traditional Cuisine. by Travelista(f): 1:13am On May 14, 2010
But, does the boy have to be a village boy? Harakiri is right here and he seems willing and able, cheesy This is just ridiculously adorable, guys.
Re: Harakiri & Michelin89 Discuss Traditional Cuisine. by Nobody: 1:16am On May 14, 2010
Travelista:

But, does the boy have to be a village boy? Harakiri is right here and he seems willing and able, cheesy This is just ridiculously adorable, guys.

Yes. Township guys are too corrupt. You know, I wan marry virgin. grin
Re: Harakiri & Michelin89 Discuss Traditional Cuisine. by Travelista(f): 1:21am On May 14, 2010
michelin89:

Yes. Township guys are too corrupt. You know, I wan marry virgin. grin

*stares at Michelin89*

See this girl! But, you have a guy (Harakiri) that can and does cook! Plus, I think he likes you. Abeg, go meet am for SkyPe! grin

Harakiri, do you have anything to add?
Re: Harakiri & Michelin89 Discuss Traditional Cuisine. by Nobody: 1:24am On May 14, 2010
Travelista:

*stares at Michelin89*

See this girl! But, you have a guy (Harakiri) that can and does cook! Plus, I think he likes you. Abeg, go meet am for SkyPe! grin

But virginity na pride now. sad tongue
Re: Harakiri & Michelin89 Discuss Traditional Cuisine. by harakiri(m): 1:26am On May 14, 2010
Travelista:

*stares at Michelin89*

See this girl! But, you have a guy (Harakiri) that can and does cook! Plus, I think he likes you. Abeg, go meet am for SkyPe!  grin

My mommy and daddy (RIP) told me to stay away when women are talking so i will skulk away to a corner and do amebo. grin
Re: Harakiri & Michelin89 Discuss Traditional Cuisine. by Travelista(f): 1:27am On May 14, 2010
michelin89:

But virginity na pride now. sad tongue

True but when you consider all the training you'd have to do. . .the joy is gone, isn't it?  lipsrsealed

Harakiri, come defend yourself!  grin
Re: Harakiri & Michelin89 Discuss Traditional Cuisine. by harakiri(m): 1:31am On May 14, 2010
Travelista:

True but when you consider all the training you'd have to do. . .the joy is gone, isn't it?  lipsrsealed

Ha!
Re: Harakiri & Michelin89 Discuss Traditional Cuisine. by Nobody: 1:35am On May 14, 2010
Travelista:

For real. Ok Hara, send me your CV. grin
Re: Harakiri & Michelin89 Discuss Traditional Cuisine. by harakiri(m): 1:37am On May 14, 2010
michelin89:

For real. Ok Hara, send me your CV.  grin

By email or FedEx?
Re: Harakiri & Michelin89 Discuss Traditional Cuisine. by mamagee3(f): 1:39am On May 14, 2010
harakiri:

By email or FedEx?
Nah, she'll send it by post. tongue
Re: Harakiri & Michelin89 Discuss Traditional Cuisine. by Nobody: 1:54am On May 14, 2010
harakiri:

By email or FedEx?

The one you think protects your info better.
Re: Harakiri & Michelin89 Discuss Traditional Cuisine. by Hauwa1: 2:33pm On May 14, 2010
i miss egusi toppled with ugu soup. not the slimmy they call spinach here cry
Re: Harakiri & Michelin89 Discuss Traditional Cuisine. by harakiri(m): 5:04pm On May 14, 2010
*Hauwa*:

i miss egusi toppled with ugu soup. not the slimmy they call spinach here  cry

No African markets there? No place to buy "home stuff"?
Re: Harakiri & Michelin89 Discuss Traditional Cuisine. by harakiri(m): 5:05pm On May 14, 2010
michelin89:

The one you think protects your info better.

Okay.You dey chop beans?
Re: Harakiri & Michelin89 Discuss Traditional Cuisine. by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 14, 2010
harakiri:

Okay.You dey chop beans?

Yes oooo. I like them white or red. Anyways whatever comes out, it's either with garri or rice.
Re: Harakiri & Michelin89 Discuss Traditional Cuisine. by harakiri(m): 8:53pm On May 14, 2010
michelin89:

Yes oooo. I like them white or red. Anyways whatever comes out, it's either with garri or rice.

I prefer to cook beans with Irish potatoes.
Re: Harakiri & Michelin89 Discuss Traditional Cuisine. by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 14, 2010
Which one be Irish again? The sweet ones?
Re: Harakiri & Michelin89 Discuss Traditional Cuisine. by harakiri(m): 10:20pm On May 14, 2010
michelin89:

Which one be Irish again? The sweet ones?

The ones used to make fish and chips. . . didn't know they were "sweet"

(1) (2) (Reply)

4_burners Table-top Gas Cooker For Sale / Simple Recipe For Agidi Jollof / How To Prepare Chicken Piccata | Chicken Piccata Sauce |ingredients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.