Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

Atheism. God Does Not Exist. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism. God Does Not Exist. (7640 Views)

Can Atheists Prove God Does Not Exist? / "Hell Does Not Exist" - Pope Francis / What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by DeLioncourt: 8:58pm On Apr 15, 2018
kovah:
wow dumb dumb n dumb ...The god particle is d reason u r u and d have mass and birds fly and everything exist u need to not just skip through ur Google search but read d content...For something so random to have a golden ratio dat affects man and his world suggests more .... Whether there is a god ...Is like asking if u have a heart or lung or kidney...U have never seen ur organs before but u know they r there...Cos u are alive... Asking if there is a god or saying there isn't is...Shows a lack of imagination....Be wise

What the heck are you even saying? If anything, the higgs boson is proof of the big bang theory...it doesn't support the god hypothesis in any way!!
The scientist that coined the name "god particle" in 1993, Leon lederman, actually wanted to call it the goddamn particle cos it was difficult to find. It's occurrence in a collision of atoms is is one in 10 billion!! Do your research and stop talking trash!!!

As for the organs in the human body, it can simply be subjected to testing to prove that they exist. What do you have to show that god exists except hearsay, wish thinking, misplaced faith and unverifiable miracles?
Your analogy doesn't hold!

As usual, you have nothing to back your belief. Just words and concepts you know nothing about.
Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by DeLioncourt: 9:03pm On Apr 15, 2018
kovah:
....u and ur sources are shocking....No doctors verification...No scientific evidence other Dan believe me I say so...Did u see any references to MIT or Oxford or Caltech.... Pathetic...If u don't stand for something u will fall for anything...

Lmao.. you're asking for scientific evidence??
Are you kidding?
Is there scientific evidence that any god exists?
Is religion not purely based on "what the holy books have said"?
You're a confused person and I am here to tell you.
Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by kovah(m): 9:18pm On Apr 15, 2018
DeLioncourt:

Lmao.. you're asking for scientific evidence??
Are you kidding?
Is there scientific evidence that any god exists?
Is religion not purely based on "what the holy books have said"?
You're a confused person and I am here to tell you.
where is yours that says that a God doesn't exist ....From one confused person to another....

1 Like

Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by kovah(m): 9:29pm On Apr 15, 2018
DeLioncourt:

What the heck are you even saying? If anything, the higgs boson is proof of the big bang theory...it doesn't support the god hypothesis in any way!!
The scientist that coined the name "god particle" in 1993, Leon lederman, actually wanted to call it the goddamn particle cos it was difficult to find. It's occurrence in a collision of atoms is is one in 10 billion!! Do your research and stop talking trash!!!

As for the organs in the human body, it can simply be subjected to testing to prove that they exist. What do you have to show that god exists except hearsay, wish thinking, misplaced faith and unverifiable miracles?
Your analogy doesn't hold!

As usual, you have nothing to back your belief. Just words and concepts you know nothing about.
the question is have u seen ur heart or liver or lungs in my analogy...No answer.... Okay...Ur goddamn particle does something...It proves life can b created give the right formula with the goddamn particle in its mix...Dat gives precise results for you and I to exist ....Now if there is no higher intelligence than u ....Who cannot even recognize intelligence higher than yourself...This existence wouldn't b... Nothing begets nothing... Something begets something... Plain and simple enough for you to understand now... Better still show me ur proof dat God doesn't exist....If not...It's pointless to argue a point without facts...Stop debating mine and show your facts...
Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by DeLioncourt: 11:51pm On Apr 15, 2018
kovah:
the question is have u seen ur heart or liver or lungs in my analogy...No answer.... Okay...Ur goddamn particle does something...It proves life can b created give the right formula with the goddamn particle in its mix...Dat gives precise results for you and I to exist ....Now if there is no higher intelligence than u ....Who cannot even recognize intelligence higher than yourself...This existence wouldn't b... Nothing begets nothing... Something begets something... Plain and simple enough for you to understand now... Better still show me ur proof dat God doesn't exist....If not...It's pointless to argue a point without facts...Stop debating mine and show your facts...

Something begets something...but that first something is not god.
The burden or proof is on the believer. Don't ask me for evidence that your imagination is real. You're the one with the silly imagination..prove to me that it exists.
All you have brought into this is the god particle...and the god particle does not support the creation story...in fact, it negates it.

1 Like

Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by kovah(m): 8:21am On Apr 16, 2018
DeLioncourt:

Something begets something...but that first something is not god.
The burden or proof is on the believer. Don't ask me for evidence that your imagination is real. You're the one with the silly imagination..prove to me that it exists.
All you have brought into this is the god particle...and the god particle does not support the creation story...in fact, it negates it.
Mr man this is your topic ..Yes?And u tagged it there is no god... Yes?...I haven't said their is a god yet in all my points...I said give ur mind open... Don't go about declaring wat u have no idea about...It is on your shoulders d burden of proof lies to convince me of this your declaration dat there is no god...I have stated y I keep my mind open on d subject... Please I ask u....Y are u so convinced about this your declaration that there is no god....

1 Like

Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by kovah(m): 8:47am On Apr 16, 2018
When I make a call...I simply dail the number on d contact list of people I know and press send and then it rings and I talk to my contact...But ask a telecoms expert how I place calls..He would go into details from my phone to network provider to intricate details which I don't care about...Creation story...Big bang theory.... Continuous creation theory... Whatever theory...Is just something dat needs explanation to our understanding ....not because there are various theories and stories....We negate the understanding of a concept because it doesn't satisfy our belief system...Or they are so many wrongs in d world...The god concept is false....

1 Like

Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by DeLioncourt: 8:55am On Apr 16, 2018
kovah:
When I make a call...I simply dail the number on d contact list of people I know and press send and then it rings and I talk to my contact...But ask a telecoms expert how I place calls..He would go into details from my phone to network provider to intricate details which I don't care about...Creation story...Big bang theory.... Continuous creation theory... Whatever theory...Is just something dat needs explanation to our understanding ....not because there are various theories and stories....We negate the understanding of a concept because it doesn't satisfy our belief system...Or they are so many wrongs in d world...The god concept is false....

So, why have you been disturbing me since?
My point has been that, because we don't understand something yet doesn't make it god.
Now you're agreeing with me? Bruh...
I'm done replying you.
Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by kovah(m): 9:11am On Apr 16, 2018
DeLioncourt:

My point has been that, because we don't understand something yet doesn't make it god.
I'm done replying you.
ur lack of comprehension is so low it's a struggle for me coming down to your level...Reread wat u replied to...But this time slowly...
Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by kovah(m): 9:13am On Apr 16, 2018
DeLioncourt:

I'm done replying you.
because YOU don't UNDERSTAND something doesn't mean dat it doesn't exist...

1 Like

Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by kovah(m): 9:15am On Apr 16, 2018
DeLioncourt:

I'm done replying you.
how egotistical can you get... Reread d analogy again...I have never once agreed with ur baseless declaration that there isn't a god
Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by budaatum: 11:46pm On Apr 18, 2018
DeLioncourt:

Lmao. But hell doesn't exist!
As I said earlier, the creator of an idea is the one to provide evidence as to his claims.
The man with the business plan is the one to convince the investor that the plan is feasible.
If you claim that your business plan is backed by spiritual forces, only a gullible individual will buy into the idea... When it fails, you can always do as religious people do...attribute it to a greater plan in the works.
Lol!

Oh lord god, when I take my next business plan to investors, do not let this bloody atheist be the one advising him or her. Please make sure the investor and the adviser are believers so that the spirits in my business plan work! Ami.
Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by budaatum: 11:52pm On Apr 18, 2018
DeLioncourt:

Lol
Yes you have given choice...but you haven't been objective. At the end of the day, you still trick the child into making the choice that suits you.
And No,your child isn't supposed to be an image of you.
Your child is his/her own person and should be allowed to create his/her own identity.
Ehn? My child, conceived with a dik, out of my very own toto would not be an image of me? God forbid that my child be a bastard not knowing its parent! Or are you just trying to trick me?

If I don't indoctrinate my child into an image of me, I bet you are waiting in the wings somewhere to make my child an image of yourself, you my child's image thief!

I swear to god, I will tattoo my doctrine to my child's forehead. That should make it impossible for you to fill it with yours!
Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by DeLioncourt: 10:14am On Apr 19, 2018
budaatum:

Ehn? My child, conceived with a dik, out of my very own toto would not be an image of me? God forbid that my child be a bastard not knowing its parent! Or are you just trying to trick me?

If I don't indoctrinate my child into an image of me, I bet you are waiting in the wings somewhere to make my child an image of yourself, you my child's image thief!

I swear to god, I will tattoo my doctrine to my child's forehead. That should make it impossible for you to fill it with yours!

that's where you get it all wrong. When u force a child to be an image of you, that child never really grows. that child wouldn't have dreams of his/her own. Religion aside, your child should have the freedom to a life of his/her own. You are there as a GUIDE and SUPPORT SYSTEM!!
Your child is not a canvas for you to draw out the plans you had for yourself... your child is not an avenue to live out your unfulfilled dreams!!!
Let your child make his/her own choices.
And I didn't say a child shouldn't know his/her parents. Read my statement again.
Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by DeLioncourt: 10:15am On Apr 19, 2018
budaatum:

Lol!

Oh lord god, when I take my next business plan to investors, do not let this bloody atheist be the one advising him or her. Please make sure the investor and the adviser are believers so that the spirits in my business plan work! Ami.

smh.. you want to tell an investor that because you're a christian and he's a christian he should invest without a proper presentation of your business assessment? You're not a serious person.
You're akin to a fraudster.
Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by budaatum: 10:38am On Apr 19, 2018
DeLioncourt:

smh.. you want to tell an investor that because you're a christian and he's a christian he should invest without a proper presentation of your business assessment? You're not a serious person.
No, not "proper presentation", I presented it well, its just that what I'm presenting requires a level of belief to work and a Christian person might not scrutinise it as much as you sound like you might.
Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by budaatum: 10:53am On Apr 19, 2018
DeLioncourt:

that's where you get it all wrong. When u force a child to be an image of you, that child never really grows. that child wouldn't have dreams of his/her own. Religion aside, your child should have the freedom to a life of his/her own. You are there as a GUIDE and SUPPORT SYSTEM!!
Your child is not a canvas for you to draw out the plans you had for yourself... your child is not an avenue to live out your unfulfilled dreams!!!
Let your child make his/her own choices.
And I didn't say a child shouldn't know his/her parents. Read my statement again.
Why would you assume I don't understand what you're saying? Can a person not just have a different opinion to your own?

Listen you, it's my child. Are you not aware of how much stupid is out there? If I don't infect my child with my ideology, would society not infect it with their's for me? One day my child might come home and start telling me I am washed in the blood of something because I did not input a better doctrine into it! Then when I take it to the bottom of the river and bash its bastard head in (no child of mine is doing blood of anything, if I had anything to do with its conception!), I bet you would be the first to call me a child murderer!

Don't indoctrinate your child if you don't want to. Please don't make me have to bash mine's head in just because I neglected to mold it how I want mine to be! And I'm not talking force now! (Or do I have to tell you to "Read my statement again"?) I am guiding and supporting my child by inputting the doctrine I would like it to adhere to, is all. Is that really not what everyone does with their child, mold them into the image they want it to be, or at least, try to?
Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by budaatum: 10:56am On Apr 19, 2018
DeLioncourt:

Oh, and enough with the insults, you bloody non-believing atheist calling me Christian!
Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by HappyPagan: 11:26am On Apr 19, 2018
kovah:
because YOU don't UNDERSTAND something doesn't mean dat it doesn't exist...
Same. Your ignorance doesn't prove God exist.

Except you claim to understand and know God?
Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by kovah(m): 12:44pm On Apr 19, 2018
HappyPagan:

Same. Your ignorance doesn't prove God exist.

Except you claim to understand and know God?
ignorance....Hmmm...okay....My happypagan.... Millions of spermatozoa swimming to fertilize an egg....U were d fastest... Hence u were born...U have no memory of u swimming dat fast...It happened natural.... God is in nature... Nature is our science...I believe in something more Dan myself... Something greater than me... Apparently u do too... Happypagan....Hence d attention seeking name...
Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by DeLioncourt: 1:03pm On Apr 19, 2018
budaatum:

No, not "proper presentation", I presented it well, its just that what I'm presenting requires a level of belief to work and a Christian person might not scrutinise it as much as you sound like you might.

If your feasibility study is sound and you've done all your homework, your proposition should be able to withstand any scrutiny and not depend on religion or tribe or any other factors (except business related) to be approved.
Once you start hoping for religion to be a grounds on which your idea is accepted, that idea is most likely sub-standard and likely to fail.
Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by DeLioncourt: 1:04pm On Apr 19, 2018
budaatum:

Why would you assume I don't understand what you're saying? Can a person not just have a different opinion to your own?

Listen you, it's my child. Are you not aware of how much stupid is out there? If I don't infect my child with my ideology, would society not infect it with their's for me? One day my child might come home and start telling me I am washed in the blood of something because I did not input a better doctrine into it! Then when I take it to the bottom of the river and bash its bastard head in (no child of mine is doing blood of anything, if I had anything to do with its conception!), I bet you would be the first to call me a child murderer!

Don't indoctrinate your child if you don't want to. Please don't make me have to bash mine's head in just because I neglected to mold it how I want mine to be! And I'm not talking force now! (Or do I have to tell you to "Read my statement again"?) I am guiding and supporting my child by inputting the doctrine I would like it to adhere to, is all. Is that really not what everyone does with their child, mold them into the image they want it to be, or at least, try to?

you obviously still didn't understand what I typed the first two times.
It will be pointless explaining again
Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by DeLioncourt: 1:05pm On Apr 19, 2018
budaatum:

Oh, and enough with the insults, you bloody non-believing atheist calling me Christian!

lmao... an atheist is already a non-believer...
you believe in fairy tales... that's why you get so angry when you're called out. You know in your heart that you may be wrong. lmao

1 Like

Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by DeLioncourt: 1:11pm On Apr 19, 2018
kovah:
ignorance....Hmmm...okay....My happypagan.... Millions of spermatozoa swimming to fertilize an egg....U were d fastest... Hence u were born...U have no memory of u swimming dat fast...It happened natural.... God is in nature... Nature is our science...I believe in something more Dan myself... Something greater than me... Apparently u do too... Happypagan....Hence d attention seeking name...

Lmao... Of all the respondents, you are the most confused.
So, swimming sperm is evidence that god exists?
That means, sperm is also evidence that the flying spaghetti monster exists. After all, some people believe the spaghetti fella is god.
You believe in something greater than yourself...what is that thing? What does that thing do? Why can't it reveal itself?
Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by kovah(m): 1:22pm On Apr 19, 2018
DeLioncourt:

Lmao... Of all the respondents, you are the most confused.
So, swimming sperm is evidence that god exists?
That means, sperm is also evidence that the flying spaghetti monster exists. After all, some people believe the spaghetti fella is god.
You believe in something greater than yourself...what is that thing? What does that thing do? Why can't it reveal itself?
let me come down to ur level...I have been trying to dumb down to dis level of discussion....So read dis analogy well... Digest and understand... Before u type....Now switch ur phone off...Now wait for it to power up without using the power button...It won't come on without ur input... There are various ways by which it wld come on...U input a time power on or off command...U input a power source command to power on...Or u power it up urself...Life just doesn't happen...In all manner of science n nature...There is a power source... Whether u choose to believe it or not...If this too is confusing...Smh...Give someone more intelligent than yourself to explain

1 Like

Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by DeLioncourt: 1:38pm On Apr 19, 2018
kovah:
let me come down to ur level...I have been trying to dumb down to dis level of discussion....So read dis analogy well... Digest and understand... Before u type....Now switch ur phone off...Now wait for it to power up without using the power button...It won't come on without ur input... There are various ways by which it wld come on...U input a time power on or off command...U input a power source command to power on...Or u power it up urself...Life just doesn't happen...In all manner of science n nature...There is a power source... Whether u choose to believe it or not...If this too is confusing...Smh...Give someone more intelligent than yourself to explain

bruhh..what are u saying? nobody ever said there is no power source. What I am saying is that, said power source is not god!!
Is this so difficult to understand?
Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by Butterflyleo: 1:41pm On Apr 19, 2018
DeLioncourt:

lmao... an atheist is already a non-believer...
you believe in fairy tales... that's why you get so angry when you're called out. You know in your heart that you may be wrong. lmao

Everybody is a believer in something. An atheist who is a non believer in God or gods believes in something else.

There is no vacuum in nature. We simply replace what we onced believed with another or a different belief. Nobody is a blank slate
Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by DeLioncourt: 1:46pm On Apr 19, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Everybody is a believer in something. An atheist who is a non believer in God or gods believes in something else.

There is no vacuum in nature. We simply replace what we onced believed with another or a different belief. Nobody is a blank slate

He meant it as an unbeliever in his faith.
I don't believe in gods or supernatural existences.
I believe in what can be proven empirically.
I believe in humanity.
Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by Butterflyleo: 1:51pm On Apr 19, 2018
DeLioncourt:

He meant it as an unbeliever in his faith.
I don't believe in gods or supernatural existences.
I believe in what can be proven empirically.
I believe in humanity.

That makes you a believer. You only lack belief in God or gods and lacking belief does not mean Gods or gods do not exist it simply means that this is your chosen opinion or position.

Besides if you believe in what can be proven empirically then you would be false on so many things because there are lots of things you currently believe in which cannot be proven empirically.

Also if you say you believe in humanity I would have to ask you, in what regard? As higher beings of intellect or as higher animals? Humans are inherently wicked, proud, hateful, etc so what aspect of humanity do you believe in and since the foundation for humanity in itself is flawed, what hope has humanity got within itself to change?
Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by kovah(m): 1:58pm On Apr 19, 2018
DeLioncourt:

bruhh..what are u saying? nobody ever said there is no power source. What I am saying is that, said power source is not god!!
Is this so difficult to understand?
u call me confused...And say dis... The god doesn't exist u put up... Shows u r not versed in any form of knowledge...God is a general term used by philosophers astronomers scientists even...In every language on d earth...There is a god reference...Every religious belief there is a god reference...Even science n nature there is a god reference....Each person calls him by their own name....Wat ever culture u r from I am sure there is a name for god... Chinese Greek Arabs African all hv there names for the god concept.... Spaghetti god....Iron god... Stone god...There is an intelligent source greater Dan urself....Just as u cannot explain the laws of thermodynamics to a baby...Think how a being light years ahead of u...Explaining it's exsistant to u... When u cannot understand d simplest concept... Like a baby with time u will become a man and d laws of thermodynamics will b d easiest thing to understand....Till then either change d topic or learn and b wise
Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by DeLioncourt: 1:58pm On Apr 19, 2018
Butterflyleo:

That makes you a believer. You only lack belief in God or gods and lacking belief does not mean Gods or gods do not exist it simply means that this is your chosen opinion or position.

Besides if you believe in what can be proven empirically then you would be false on so many things because there are lots of things you currently believe in which cannot be proven empirically.

Also if you say you believe in humanity I would have to ask you, in what regard? As higher beings of intellect or as higher animals? Humans are inherently wicked, proud, hateful, etc so what aspect of humanity do you believe in and since the foundation for humanity in itself is flawed, what hope has humanity got within itself to change?

I'll address your 3 paragraphs.
I don't believe in the existence of gods and I strongly believe that they don't exist. There is more evidence to the non-existence of god than to his existence. (going into all that will be tedious)
The inconsistencies in the man and nature is enough proof of god's non-existence.

Please, state one thing I believe in that can't be proven empirically since you know me so well all of a sudden.

I believe in the human race. Yes, man can be evil and cruel but that's all part of the package. Man can also be kind and caring and sympathetic. also part of the package. I believe the ability of people to be moral and humane without the intervention of a supposed deity.

2 Likes

Re: Atheism. God Does Not Exist. by DeLioncourt: 2:02pm On Apr 19, 2018
kovah:
u call me confused...And say dis... The god doesn't exist u put up... Shows u r not versed in any form of knowledge...God is a general term used by philosophers astronomers scientists even...In every language on d earth...There is a god reference...Every religious belief there is a god reference...Even science n nature there is a god reference....Each person calls him by their own name....Wat ever culture u r from I am sure there is a name for god... Chinese Greek Arabs African all hv there names for the god concept.... Spaghetti god....Iron god... Stone god...There is an intelligent source greater Dan urself....Just as u cannot explain the laws of thermodynamics to a baby...Think how a being light years ahead of u...Explaining it's exsistant to u... When u cannot understand d simplest concept... Like a baby with time u will become a man and d laws of thermodynamics will b d easiest thing to understand....Till then either change d topic or learn and b wise

if you were intelligent, you'd know i'm referring to the theological version of god. and not the philosophical or scientific.
please, don't stress me.
I know the word god means different things to different people. I am talking about the god of religion. If you aren't arguing along that line, don't mention me.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Heard There Are Different Kinds Of Atheism/atheist, Which One Do U Fall Under? / Who Is In The Best Position To Bless You; Your Parents Or Pastor / The Fornication Of Yahweh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.