Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

Nairaland, Advice Needed: His Wife Named Their Son After Her First Love. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nairaland, Advice Needed: His Wife Named Their Son After Her First Love. (2365 Views)

Woman Loses Custody Of Her Son After Subjecting Him To Severe Abuse In Nigeria / Mother's Reaction On Seeing Her Son After 5 Years In Canada (Photos) / Vure Kingsley Ovonix Names His Son After Zuckerberg. Met His Wife On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland, Advice Needed: His Wife Named Their Son After Her First Love. by daviesblaze(m): 2:11am On Apr 14, 2018
as a budding relationship advice coach and counselor, i normally give advice to readers asking for help on how to go about certain issues.
yesterday night i received an email. but i wasn't entirely satisfied with my response.
Please guys i do need your help to know if my response was OK, and your opinion on the matter will be highly appreciated.

Dear Dav,
I have a problem. My son is 5. About 2 days ago my wife and i went shopping and we coincidentally ran into a high school friend of hers. As they were trying to catch up, my wife told her friend that we had a son. When the old friend asked of his name my wife hesitated and I told her.
Her friend had a strange look on her face when i told her, and she said referring to my wife now. "you mean like your ex boyfriend".
Our sons name is very unique to the point that I've never met another person with the same name. Now my wife refuses to talk to me about it. I feel betrayed and disgusted with her. It's like a switch was flipped in my mind and I just can't look at her the same way.\
please Dav i need your advice on this one.

Here was my response

You certainly do have a problem. First things first, you need to get a DNA test. Don't make a big deal out of it, or tell your wife, just take your son to any hospital with such facility - and secretly test your son to make sure he's yours biologically.

Assuming your son is biologically yours, it's probably no big deal. Your wife may have simply liked the name, or admired some of her exes characteristics.

But she definitely owes you at least one conversation about it.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland, Advice Needed: His Wife Named Their Son After Her First Love. by MhizAJ(f): 2:50am On Apr 14, 2018
I will read and comment larra
I'm still at work

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland, Advice Needed: His Wife Named Their Son After Her First Love. by Timagex(m): 2:54am On Apr 14, 2018
I see no reason why the son is his.... #fear women #respect men!!! wink
Re: Nairaland, Advice Needed: His Wife Named Their Son After Her First Love. by Nobody: 3:05am On Apr 14, 2018
The evil that women do surprises devil, himself grin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland, Advice Needed: His Wife Named Their Son After Her First Love. by Nobody: 3:19am On Apr 14, 2018
I can see why the guy would be upset about this but it could be that she genuinely just likes the name? She's not with her ex now

1 Like

Re: Nairaland, Advice Needed: His Wife Named Their Son After Her First Love. by pussyeater(m): 4:38am On Apr 14, 2018
My guy have enter one chance. SMH lipsrsealed
Re: Nairaland, Advice Needed: His Wife Named Their Son After Her First Love. by SoapQueen(f): 5:01am On Apr 14, 2018
When you break up with someone, heal properly and get "dry" before you start dating someone else. Even if it takes months for you to move on, it's worth it.

If I were the husband, them no born me well if I no change the pikin name.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland, Advice Needed: His Wife Named Their Son After Her First Love. by happy200(m): 5:27am On Apr 14, 2018
Hapened to me also; A Zimbabean lady (former employee) asked me out i was reluctant in the end we didn't date. I was surprised she named her son after my name. One day she and her boyfriend came to buy something at my shop and the boyfriend asked her did u buy for ---------(my name) i turned back with surprise and asked the man who is --------- (my name) the lady quickly said ''no it's a mistake''

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland, Advice Needed: His Wife Named Their Son After Her First Love. by hurumnanya: 5:52am On Apr 14, 2018
Women should learn to put everything ex away for good. That lady will most likely sleep with that ex any day they meet unarranged
Re: Nairaland, Advice Needed: His Wife Named Their Son After Her First Love. by Nobody: 7:09am On Apr 14, 2018
Mr relationship advisor and coach coming online to seek opinions on his advice.

I pity those sending you emails if they actually even exist.
Re: Nairaland, Advice Needed: His Wife Named Their Son After Her First Love. by Acidosis(m): 8:08am On Apr 14, 2018
MhizAJ:
I will read and comment larra I'm still at work
You work with Edo Airways? smiley

1 Like

Re: Nairaland, Advice Needed: His Wife Named Their Son After Her First Love. by MhizAJ(f): 8:17am On Apr 14, 2018
Acidosis:

You work with Edo Airways? smiley

How can a beautiful lady like me work with Edo airways
Re: Nairaland, Advice Needed: His Wife Named Their Son After Her First Love. by Acidosis(m): 8:53am On Apr 14, 2018
MhizAJ:

How can a beautiful lady like me work with Edo airways
lol

Good to see you say something nice about yourself. So what kind of work keeps you awake at odd hours - 2am?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland, Advice Needed: His Wife Named Their Son After Her First Love. by MhizAJ(f): 9:07am On Apr 14, 2018
Acidosis:

lol

Good to see you say something nice about yourself. So what kind of work keeps you awake at odd hours - 2am?

Has it ever occurred to you that there are people on this forum in other parts of the world?

Engrs,medical practitioners etc could be awake at odd hours working ...
So i fall in one of those category
Re: Nairaland, Advice Needed: His Wife Named Their Son After Her First Love. by Acidosis(m): 9:18am On Apr 14, 2018
MhizAJ:

Has it ever occurred to you that there are people on this forum in other parts of the world?

Engrs,medical practitioners etc could be awake at odd hours working ...

So i fall in one of those category

*sighs* You know I've stumbled on some of your 'male-bashing posts' on this forum, and I'm quite surprised that you fall in the aforementioned category, especially the bold

I've always thought people who despise and speak ill of broke men don't have a definite job.

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nairaland, Advice Needed: His Wife Named Their Son After Her First Love. by MhizAJ(f): 9:24am On Apr 14, 2018
Acidosis:

*sighs* You know I've stumbled on some of your 'male-bashing posts' on this forum, and I'm quite surprised that you fall in the aforementioned category, especially the bold

I've always thought people who despise and speak ill of broke men don't have a definite job.

cheesy

Really
Oh you think i'm a lazy biatch
I know ryte cheesy
Re: Nairaland, Advice Needed: His Wife Named Their Son After Her First Love. by Acidosis(m): 10:25am On Apr 14, 2018
MhizAJ:

Really Oh you think i'm a lazy biatch I know ryte cheesy
grin It is well
Re: Nairaland, Advice Needed: His Wife Named Their Son After Her First Love. by daviesblaze(m): 1:05pm On Apr 14, 2018
QueenUtum:
I can see why the guy would be upset about this but it could be that she genuinely just likes the name? She's not with her ex now
on what inference is your based
Re: Nairaland, Advice Needed: His Wife Named Their Son After Her First Love. by daviesblaze(m): 1:09pm On Apr 14, 2018
happy200:
Hapened to me also; A Zimbabean lady (former employee) asked me out i was reluctant in the end we didn't date. I was surprised she named her son after my name. One day she and her boyfriend came to buy something at my shop and the boyfriend asked her did u buy for ---------(my name) i turned back with surprise and asked the man who is --------- (my name) the lady quickly said ''no it's a mistake''
i bet the look that was on her face was priceless
Re: Nairaland, Advice Needed: His Wife Named Their Son After Her First Love. by daviesblaze(m): 1:11pm On Apr 14, 2018
1stCitizen:
Mr relationship advisor and coach coming online to seek opinions on his advice.

I pity those sending you emails if they actually even exist.
guy read the post very well b4 you start opening your gutter mouth trash.
Re: Nairaland, Advice Needed: His Wife Named Their Son After Her First Love. by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 14, 2018
daviesblaze:
guy read the post very well b4 you start opening your gutter mouth trash.

Read your ghetto language which gives you away as an impostor. A relationship coach with the outburst of a ten year old.

Anyway I read it and again and this part below shows how clueless you are, mr attention seeker

Please guys i do need your help to know if my response was OK, and your opinion on the matter will be highly appreciated.
Re: Nairaland, Advice Needed: His Wife Named Their Son After Her First Love. by daviesblaze(m): 3:12pm On Apr 14, 2018
1stCitizen:

Read your ghetto language which gives you away as an impostor. A relationship coach with the outburst of a ten year old.

Anyway I read it and again and this part below shows how clueless you are, mr attention seeker

oh really, maybe i should direct your attention to my opening sentences in the post. unfortunaly, users like you are the main reason nairaland cant compete with forums like Quora.
Re: Nairaland, Advice Needed: His Wife Named Their Son After Her First Love. by Prognose: 4:41pm On Apr 14, 2018
Recycled old story.
Re: Nairaland, Advice Needed: His Wife Named Their Son After Her First Love. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 14, 2018
daviesblaze:
oh really, maybe i should direct your attention to my opening sentences in the post. unfortunaly, users like you are the main reason nairaland cant compete with forums like Quora.

grin grin grin I have placed the opening sentence below so your stupidity will be a bit more glaring grin grin grin

as a budding relationship advice coach and counselor, i normally give advice to readers asking for help on how to go about certain issues.

I pity the fictitious readers mentioned grin

Please don't take your 'mumurism' to another forum
Re: Nairaland, Advice Needed: His Wife Named Their Son After Her First Love. by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 14, 2018
daviesblaze:

grin grin grin I have placed the opening sentence below so your stupidity will be a bit more glaring grin grin grin

Please don't take your 'mumurism' to another forum grin
Re: Nairaland, Advice Needed: His Wife Named Their Son After Her First Love. by Blonchilli(m): 6:29pm On Apr 14, 2018
That woman is a cheater. First go for DNA test then change that name if the child name asap. Why would I name my child after my ex? Someone I want to forget about.
Re: Nairaland, Advice Needed: His Wife Named Their Son After Her First Love. by OShepherd: 12:22am On Apr 15, 2018
MhizAJ:
I will read and comment larra
I'm still at work
U be security personnel
Re: Nairaland, Advice Needed: His Wife Named Their Son After Her First Love. by daviesblaze(m): 8:33am On Apr 15, 2018
1stCitizen:

Please don't take your 'mumurism' to another forum
hey niggi, just an advice. go get yourself a job and stop wasting your precious time on nairaland.
Re: Nairaland, Advice Needed: His Wife Named Their Son After Her First Love. by Hector09(m): 9:25am On Apr 15, 2018
Maybe her ex was her first boy frnd or she genuinly luv the guy, am going to name my first daughter mary mariana cus of d kind of luv i ve for this girl
Re: Nairaland, Advice Needed: His Wife Named Their Son After Her First Love. by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 15, 2018
daviesblaze:
hey niggi, just an advice. go get yourself a job and stop wasting your precious time on nairaland.

grin At least my time is precious. Yours is valueless hence you became a self appointed relationship expert who lacks confidence in the advice he gives so comes to nairaland to seek validation from others.
Re: Nairaland, Advice Needed: His Wife Named Their Son After Her First Love. by daviesblaze(m): 12:19pm On Apr 15, 2018
Hector09:
Maybe her ex was her first boy frnd or she genuinly luv the guy, am going to name my first daughter mary mariana cus of d kind of luv i ve for this girl
Hmm, i still wonder, why would a man allow his wife to name their first child.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is KILLING Us More Quickly And Silently Than SARS / A husband divorced his wife after looking closer at this picture / How My Act Of Kindness Brought Me Shock, And Regrate This Morning.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.