Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,889 members, 7,806,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

Blessing Oborududu Wins Gold At Comonwealth Games (Photos) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Blessing Oborududu Wins Gold At Comonwealth Games (Photos) (56375 Views)

Blessing Oborududu Wins Olympics Silver Medal For Nigeria Despite Injury / Jade Faulkner, Nigerian Gymnast At The Commonwealth Games. Photos / Mike Edwards Begs To Compete For Nigeria At The Commonwealth Games (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blessing Oborududu Wins Gold At Comonwealth Games (Photos) by ChangeIsCostant: 8:16am On Apr 14, 2018
Nigerian wrestler and 8-time African champion, Blessing Oborududu, came from behind to defeat Canada’s Danielle Lappage 4-3 and claim the gold medal at stake in the 68kg weight category at the Commonwealth Games in Australia. On her way to claiming the gold medal, the 29-year old Niger Delta University undergraduate had brushed aside Lilian Ntigha (Kenya), Sherin Sultana (Bangladesh) and Divya Kakran.

Her wild, minute-long victory celebration, left the referee waiting to declare a victor.

The Nigerian wrestler started by rolling along the mat to the edge, was picked up by her coach and carried back into the middle, and just as the ref was about to raise her arm, Oborududu dropped to the mat and began rolling around again.

Oborududu was still screaming as the ref called for the pair to shake hands. Her opponent, Lappage was less impressed, before walking away as Oborududu appeared to open her arms for a hug.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/04/nigerian-wrestler-blessing-oborududu-wins-gold-at-the-commonwealth-games.html

Credit; Guarantor

23 Likes

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Gold At Comonwealth Games (Photos) by ChangeIsCostant: 8:17am On Apr 14, 2018

8 Likes

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Gold At Comonwealth Games (Photos) by bjayx: 8:18am On Apr 14, 2018
Lol grin

11 Likes

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Gold At Comonwealth Games (Photos) by skilfulsagei(m): 8:31am On Apr 14, 2018
Congratulations to her. Proud of her.

140 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Gold At Comonwealth Games (Photos) by MhizAJ(f): 8:46am On Apr 14, 2018
Typical Akpumadiga

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Gold At Comonwealth Games (Photos) by pat1612(m): 8:49am On Apr 14, 2018
Oya check this smiley

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Gold At Comonwealth Games (Photos) by Gossiplover: 9:29am On Apr 14, 2018
Guess she was overwhelmed with Joy. Congrats to her.

lalasticlala and mynd44 come and see

2 Likes

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Gold At Comonwealth Games (Photos) by IdeyFindWife: 9:31am On Apr 14, 2018
Gold?

And Wrestling?!

It's well worth the celebration, kudos to your life!

10 Likes

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Gold At Comonwealth Games (Photos) by oloriooko(m): 10:16am On Apr 14, 2018
Wow! She has made a name worldwide for herself and Nigeria congrats sis!

24 Likes

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Gold At Comonwealth Games (Photos) by ogaJona(m): 11:20am On Apr 14, 2018
Afonjas will come and claim ownership now just like they did yesterday

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Gold At Comonwealth Games (Photos) by Treasure17(m): 11:28am On Apr 14, 2018
Congratulations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Gold At Comonwealth Games (Photos) by VIPERVENOM(m): 11:34am On Apr 14, 2018
This is how we'll shock the world when we win the world cup

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Gold At Comonwealth Games (Photos) by bobydo: 11:34am On Apr 14, 2018
Her name though Oborodudu grin

4 Likes

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Gold At Comonwealth Games (Photos) by eyinjuege: 11:35am On Apr 14, 2018
Naija ti take over

If only more was invested to support the training of athletes. I swear, we would have been leading with the gold
Congrats to her and Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Gold At Comonwealth Games (Photos) by deepwater(f): 11:35am On Apr 14, 2018
You have done well my sister

However it is a pity you have raised high the flag of a nation that always put its own down at default level.

Let's take this world champ as an example - Blessing Oborududu, 29-year old Niger Delta University undergraduate.

Before her graduation it is already know that she can not even go for NYSC, she would be exempted at best

Knowing fully well that NYSC discharge certificate is more valued in Nigeria than your actual degree certificate and the exemption certificate is written over age all over it, which is a very good recipe the employer of labour use to reject fresh graduates.

I wonder who makes these rules in Nigeria, latest I hear of now is 24yr with masters ? Could they have done this some 17years ago? Just tell the masses only private uni guys get the jobs and the rest goes for Npower angry

Please don't quote me about entrepreneurship, the political rulers done have their wards in that stuff. They are the ones sitting at the corner office looking at you from a distance with your 20years job experience and still scrabbled like four to one desk with dividers...

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Gold At Comonwealth Games (Photos) by kstyle2(m): 11:35am On Apr 14, 2018
Great. Years ago, russian minister of sports travelled out and was a guest at one of the tennis competitions. Intrigued by the game and how it would be of benefit to his economy, he came backam and said that anyone interested in going into lawn tennis should come for5h and they would be trained and sponsored. Maria sharapova was one ot those who trained there
One would think that our minister of sports would probably organize say a swimming competition especially in the riverine areas where these folks have been swimming for ages. Who knows, a micheal Phelps may just spring forth.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Gold At Comonwealth Games (Photos) by dicksonadams(m): 11:35am On Apr 14, 2018
VIPERVENOM:
This is how we'll shock the world when we win the world cup

Abio
Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Gold At Comonwealth Games (Photos) by MVLOX(m): 11:36am On Apr 14, 2018
Victory dey sweet die abeg ...if na me I for do pass like dat self....
Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Gold At Comonwealth Games (Photos) by iheartellah(m): 11:36am On Apr 14, 2018
Aunty Lappage doesn't look so happy grin

6 Likes

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Gold At Comonwealth Games (Photos) by olylove: 11:36am On Apr 14, 2018
If this one apply for Canada visa Dem go take her sharp sharp ohhhh

3 Likes

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Gold At Comonwealth Games (Photos) by spaggyy(m): 11:36am On Apr 14, 2018
I like her name
BLESSING obo re dudu ....to my Yoruba peeps

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Gold At Comonwealth Games (Photos) by ogaontop(m): 11:37am On Apr 14, 2018
D
Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Gold At Comonwealth Games (Photos) by ZorGBUooeh: 11:38am On Apr 14, 2018
Congratulations!
See as im coach KWAV am..Am suspecting something ooo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Gold At Comonwealth Games (Photos) by ogogoroNo1: 11:39am On Apr 14, 2018
Congrats to her and all nigerians
Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Gold At Comonwealth Games (Photos) by ULSHERLAN(m): 11:39am On Apr 14, 2018
ogaJona:
Afonjas will come and claim ownership now just like they did yesterday

Are you not tired of this lame attitude already? Grow!

13 Likes

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Gold At Comonwealth Games (Photos) by prosper21(m): 11:39am On Apr 14, 2018
To her opponent,Blessings' boyfriend b lyk 'shey u don receive wentin I dy receive anytime I misbehave"......

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Gold At Comonwealth Games (Photos) by fulaniHERDSman(m): 11:40am On Apr 14, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Gold At Comonwealth Games (Photos) by Houseofglam7(f): 11:40am On Apr 14, 2018
Issorait
Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Gold At Comonwealth Games (Photos) by Talknochip(m): 11:41am On Apr 14, 2018
Lol... And i have to read d whole write up twice before i understood it!....SMH.... Congratulations to her and the coach!!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Norway Vs Nigeria: FIFA Women's World Cup (3 - 0) Full Time / Ahmed Musa & His Side Chick, Juliet Already Did Their Introduction (Photo) / Isaac Success Arrested In UK Hotel After Sex Orgy With 4 Prostitutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.