Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

We Are Fully Behind TY Danjuma - Taraba Governor Tells Army - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Fully Behind TY Danjuma - Taraba Governor Tells Army (33639 Views)

Wike: We Can’t Accept Expired Rice, Hunger Won’t Kill Us - Governor Tells FG / 5 Killed At Buhari’s Rally In Taraba, Governor Ishaku’s Convoy Attacked - Nation / Help PDP win elections, Akwa Ibom governor tells youth corps members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Fully Behind TY Danjuma - Taraba Governor Tells Army by massinola(m): 4:03pm On Apr 14, 2018
The Taraba state governor, Darius Ishaku, has informed the Army panel investigating the comments made by Gen TY Danjuma, that the state is fully behind the former chief of army staff

- The governor also chided troops in the state for mistreating citizens and disarming them of petty arms while ignoring those with lethal weapons

- The Army panel sympathised with the governor and people of the state, and pledged to carry out a transparent and unbiased investigation into the matter

Governor Darius Ishaku of Taraba state on Thursday, April 12, threw his weight behind the recent statement by a former Chief of Army Staff, Theophilus Danjuma, which accused the Army of colluding with armed bandits and a called for self- defence by citizens, NAN reports.

NAIJ.com gathers that Ishaku disclosed this when he hosted the probe panel set up by the chief of army staff, Tukur Buratai, a lieutenant general, to investigate the recent allegation made against the Nigerian Armed Forces by the elder statesman.

“We in Taraba are fully behind what Danjuma said on self defence. As an ex-army general with a high reputation, I think that call deserves to be looked into and not to be criticised because he spoke the minds of everyone in Taraba and indeed all Nigerians," he said.

He described the coming of the committee as timely, assuring them of a conducive working environment to succeed in their assignment.
Ishaku explained that the frequent attacks by herdsmen led to the promulgation of the open grazing prohibition and ranches establishment law after consultations with stakeholders. He decried the activities of soldiers in Taraba state who, he noted, were going about mistreating citizens and disarming them of petty arms while ignoring those with lethal weapons.

The governor debunked the claim by the military that his government did not complain about all that was happening in the state. According to him, he had visited the president, the vice president, as well as written several letters on the alarming situation and therefore the claim couldn’t have been true.

Earlier, chairman of the Army Probe Panel, John Nimyel, a retired major general, sympathised with the governor and people of Taraba over the loss of lives and property in the state. He told the governor that they were in the state to ascertain facts on the comments made by Danjuma, a retired lieutenant general, so as to enable them come up with ways the Army can serve the country better.

According to him, members of the committee were selected based on their past track records of excellence and pledged the determination of the panel to be unbiased, free and transparent in their assignment.

“The statements by Danjuma has indeed cut short the reputation of the Armed Forces of Nigeria which cannot be ignored. If the Nigerian Army will continue to earn the trust and respect of the people of the state and indeed Nigerians it must investigate such a statement.

“We will do our best and visit all the three senatorial districts and interface with traditional rulers, stakeholders and government representatives so as to come out with a decision as regards the allegations raised by the general,” he said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWfsOk3Bu4w

https://www.naija.ng/amp/1163256-call-defense-we-fully-ty-danjuma-gov-ishaku.html

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Are Fully Behind TY Danjuma - Taraba Governor Tells Army by massinola(m): 4:04pm On Apr 14, 2018
Even Aisha Buhari is with Danjuma too. Only zombies won't

196 Likes 12 Shares

Re: We Are Fully Behind TY Danjuma - Taraba Governor Tells Army by GreyLaw(m): 4:04pm On Apr 14, 2018
Of course!

Isn't it sacrilege when soldiers become accomplices to killer herdsmen?

I have never seen a more sectional, bigoted leadership as Buhari's.

252 Likes 21 Shares

Re: We Are Fully Behind TY Danjuma - Taraba Governor Tells Army by graphicsgal3000(f): 4:06pm On Apr 14, 2018
hello guys please who uses an S8 or S9 here...
kindly click here
to chat with me.
please I wont waste your time..just need to ask some questions for an article I'm working on.
Re: We Are Fully Behind TY Danjuma - Taraba Governor Tells Army by JideAmuGiaka: 4:07pm On Apr 14, 2018
"The governor also chided troops in the state for mistreating citizens and disarming them of petty arms while ignoring those with lethal weapons".

This is the only assignment of those useless and illiterate soldiers.

93 Likes 6 Shares

Re: We Are Fully Behind TY Danjuma - Taraba Governor Tells Army by IdeyFindWife: 4:08pm On Apr 14, 2018
At least these ones are not self-deluded zombies, propagandist BMC's and useful idiotss who keep selling their villages for the sake of being loyal to Buhari &APC!

These ones are taking steps and putting their money where there mouth is in securitizing their State; it's commendable!

The right to self-defense is fundamental and sacrosanct but we don't expect Buhari's isi-ewu brain to be capable of processing that!

61 Likes 8 Shares

Re: We Are Fully Behind TY Danjuma - Taraba Governor Tells Army by Promismike(m): 4:08pm On Apr 14, 2018
And the idiot from daura keeps blaming Gaddafi who died 7 yrs ago for his incompetence and foolishness.

The pathetic thing is that some idiots whose brains and senses have gone on leave since 2015 will still support the idiot.

Nigeria I weep for you.

110 Likes 8 Shares

Re: We Are Fully Behind TY Danjuma - Taraba Governor Tells Army by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 14, 2018
Why is Danjuma celebrated when his long silence helped in escalating the situation?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Fully Behind TY Danjuma - Taraba Governor Tells Army by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 14, 2018
Well zuzuari is clueless and a tyrant. So I agree with them on being behind him

Meanwhile check my siggy

8 Likes

Re: We Are Fully Behind TY Danjuma - Taraba Governor Tells Army by JideAmuGiaka: 4:09pm On Apr 14, 2018
Angelawhite:
Only o Zombie will fold his hands and get slaughtered

Progress69 AKA omenkalives must hear this.

19 Likes

Re: We Are Fully Behind TY Danjuma - Taraba Governor Tells Army by madjune(m): 4:10pm On Apr 14, 2018
Nawao.

What Ojukwu saw in 1967, some fools are just seeing in 2018.

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Are Fully Behind TY Danjuma - Taraba Governor Tells Army by freedomchild: 4:10pm On Apr 14, 2018
Only zombies will think otherwise... believe the zoo army at your own peril... If you doubt me, then ask Benue people

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Are Fully Behind TY Danjuma - Taraba Governor Tells Army by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:11pm On Apr 14, 2018
"The governor also chided troops in the state for mistreating citizens and disarming them of petty arms while ignoring those with lethal weapons"

Then someone will say Buhari is not a bias nempotic cow

If the herdsmen are from Libya, why not allow the citizens to defend themselves

I hope Sarrki, Usba and many other zombies can give me a good answer

37 Likes

Re: We Are Fully Behind TY Danjuma - Taraba Governor Tells Army by Karlman: 4:12pm On Apr 14, 2018
ok
Re: We Are Fully Behind TY Danjuma - Taraba Governor Tells Army by naIraiaND: 4:12pm On Apr 14, 2018
gbam. self defense is a God given right.

9 Likes

Re: We Are Fully Behind TY Danjuma - Taraba Governor Tells Army by BiafranDel: 4:13pm On Apr 14, 2018
Re: We Are Fully Behind TY Danjuma - Taraba Governor Tells Army by Ndywin: 4:14pm On Apr 14, 2018
I just pray president Bubu will not tear this country into pieces before we send him to duara come 2019...

12 Likes

Re: We Are Fully Behind TY Danjuma - Taraba Governor Tells Army by TreasuredGlory: 4:14pm On Apr 14, 2018
I like that. No acts of cowardice. See where I stand and belong.

7 Likes

Re: We Are Fully Behind TY Danjuma - Taraba Governor Tells Army by eTECTIVe(m): 4:14pm On Apr 14, 2018
Now d whole IPOB movement and cause is beginning to look like a prophetic one..

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Fully Behind TY Danjuma - Taraba Governor Tells Army by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 14, 2018
If TY Danjuma had being from a south western state, 'his state government' would not think twice about disowning him. Even though he's pro-state security, they won't think wise - *Personal Thought*

58 Likes 9 Shares

Re: We Are Fully Behind TY Danjuma - Taraba Governor Tells Army by BruncleZuma: 4:15pm On Apr 14, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: We Are Fully Behind TY Danjuma - Taraba Governor Tells Army by Baddiezz(f): 4:15pm On Apr 14, 2018
It's my birthday today!
Una wey like free airtime. Check the link in my profile. no use big boy miss this offer. It came out yesterday or so

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Are Fully Behind TY Danjuma - Taraba Governor Tells Army by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:15pm On Apr 14, 2018
It is well.
Re: We Are Fully Behind TY Danjuma - Taraba Governor Tells Army by Strikethem: 4:15pm On Apr 14, 2018
Angelawhite:
Afonjas will fold their hands and watch their people slaughtered by their Fulani masters. Eye service is in their DNA
A woman was killed by Fulani yesterday in anambra, we haven't heard what ipob pigs done about it. All they do is shouting afonja as if they use the name swear for them.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Are Fully Behind TY Danjuma - Taraba Governor Tells Army by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 14, 2018
any unbiased /sane soul I'll support Danjuma!

3 Likes

Re: We Are Fully Behind TY Danjuma - Taraba Governor Tells Army by Flye: 4:15pm On Apr 14, 2018
Ok
Re: We Are Fully Behind TY Danjuma - Taraba Governor Tells Army by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 14, 2018
U collect cuttlass from a Farmer, and live Fulani with AK47, where is the justice in this govt plz.

Farmers are dying everyday, nothing has been done by the govt,

Only God will judge this case one day.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Fully Behind TY Danjuma - Taraba Governor Tells Army by zombieTRACKER: 4:16pm On Apr 14, 2018
Federal government cannot deceive everyone at the same time......

9 Likes

Re: We Are Fully Behind TY Danjuma - Taraba Governor Tells Army by SpecialAdviser(m): 4:16pm On Apr 14, 2018
Nigeria has gone to the dogs under Buhari

9 Likes

Re: We Are Fully Behind TY Danjuma - Taraba Governor Tells Army by kutchs: 4:17pm On Apr 14, 2018
Angelawhite:
Afonjas will fold their hands and watch their people slaughtered by their Fulani masters. Eye service is in their DNA
Why don't you stop this afonja stuff, it's becoming really annoying already.
Let's discuss the issue the Taraba State govt raised and not bring in ethnicity and religion into it pls.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Are Fully Behind TY Danjuma - Taraba Governor Tells Army by jojothaiv(m): 4:17pm On Apr 14, 2018
State Of The Nation Address

This is my state of the nation address
there's no hating
I'm just stating the fact
Updating the masses on the situations that we facing i guess
We can accept it complicated at best
In these hard times of elevated prices
energy crisis
Boko Haram, Fulani Herdsmen, FG plan got your destiny decided
It's only right no matter how fictitious it sounds we learn the truth beyond reasonable doubt
Ladies and gentlemen allow me to state for the record
I am a citizen
A willing witness of the conditioning which we living in
A living testament of civilians who are innocent
A critical de-system for what it is and should've been
It should've been a Paradise for the world to envy
But it's hard when all your capital reserves are empty
The rich get rich chase girls in Bentleys...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Igbo Women Visit Iara Oshiomole In Edo (Photos) / Ekiti APC Secretariat Turned To 'Shrine' (Photo) / Emir Of Borgu Kingdom Visits Tinubu (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.