Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,022 members, 7,807,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) (12662 Views)

New Story Alert: The Rivalry Of Light And Darkness: A Market's Tale / “The Darkness Around A Rope” By Gentle Eyisi / HIDDEN DARKNESS By Jon Doe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by CalciumB3: 10:59pm On Apr 14, 2018
*WARNING* Story will start dark, but will lighten up in later
chapters! Also, this will not be your average cliche story!
Twists, turns, death and betrayal will be involved!

Welcome to a world filled with demons and dragons. Where
nothing is ever as it seems and trust is a fools luxury. Do
you think our world is unconnected? Are you so naive to
think that you are alone and that no one is watching?
In this world, there is a darkness, a deep and unrelenting
cruelty that can only be solved by those that choose to
move beyond it. This is no paltry romance. This is not the
story of betrothal or rebellious love. This is a story far more
real and far more unforgiving.
This is the story of people. Real people who will face the
unthinkable, and endure the unforgivable. They will do it all
to save people they do not know, for a cause and a war they
do not fully understand. Too long has Scelestra, the queen
of nightmares, been permitted to unleash her cruelty on
this defenseless world.
Nothing in this Tendaara is insignificant, nothing is
unplanned, everything has a purpose that brings darkness
or light. It has been 150 years since Eleanor died. 150 years
where our heroes have been patient and waiting. Waiting
for a girl who does not even know who she is. Waiting for a
girl who is trapped in her own nightmare. A girl that must
save herself to save the world.

About the story

Please be
advised of the following things:
--detailed descriptions that include epic fight scenes and
some romantic encounters. Though it is important to note
that this is not specifically a romance novel
--Several different demons and monsters.
--Some strong language but little to no profanity.
--This story is designed to make you think. I personally love
figuring things out as a book progresses so I like to do the
same for my readers. If you are looking for a standard easy
to predict plot you have come to the wrong place ;-) if you
want to laugh, cry, lose your breath, and be surprised you
have come to the right place.
Romance notes:
--These are real relationships. Not Alphas and their mates.
--These are not high school romances or petty dramas.

2 Likes

Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by CalciumB3: 11:06pm On Apr 14, 2018
Prologue
[I]Baellnar watched, as he always did. The hope in his eyes was polluted by sadness. In front of him was a swirling glass mirage. Inside it was her image trapped within a crystalline-barrier that would evaporate in the next few moments. He and Aagi could finally remove her from the isolated kingdom of Earth and bring her home. Aagi looked at him, a deep well of understanding within his eyes. Their knowing glance lasted for but a moment, until their attention turned back to the mirror. The transparent barrier that had isolated her from their protection. They could do nothing when he found her. They had to watch as he destroyed her family and stole her away from her home. He was a trickster and a fiend. He was Scelestra's 'dog', and did her biting and bidding without question. He held out his hand to Alyenna with the devil in his eyes as he offered her 'shelter' and 'love.' She was young, naive, and bereft; so, she took his hand and followed him to her thirteen-year isolation. It was time. Baellnar and Aagi could finally set her free. Baellnar's mouth twitched with pride as he watched her flee, once again, from Paul's house. He waited with tension writhing relentlessly in his veins, each second felt like a millennium. Baellnar's anxiety silently squeezed his heart, until finally, relief swept over him, Paul did not emerge from the house. The portal's image followed closely behind Alyenna as she fled through the forest. As the portal weakened he had been able to send more and more magic through to aid her. Fresh air filled her lungs and the northeastern wind pressed against her back. Pushing her forward and in the direction of the landing zone. He smiled with relief. The clarity of the picture brought him joy. It had been a while since Baellnar had been able to get a clear vision of Aly, but yesterday that had changed. He was not entirely sure what had caused the change; but, he was grateful it had happened. He also knew that she had something to do with it; because, despite The monster's constant neglect and abuse, her spirit never failed her. Good, hold on to that Aly. You will need it here. Aagi patted him on the back. He was always obnoxiously observant of those around him. Baellnar would try to hide his anxiety behind a stoic visage. A mask that Aagi never failed to see straight through. Aagi eyed his friend knowingly. "Not long now ya knife-eared mama's boy." The gruffness of his voice only added to the humor of his statement. Which in all actuality was a lame attempt to drive laughter out of him, but it worked regardless. Baellnar couldn't help the laughter that escaped him. The tension in the room had been insufferable, and as always, Aagi had a knack for ruining the serious nature of just about any situation. That apparently, included this one. Baellnar turned his attention back to the portal. The anxiety in his soul only shown by the twitch of his fingertips. Which he attributed to years of experience as a general for the rebellion. Baellnar had adopted a principle he called 'duck on water.' No matter how much he was working or how fast he needed to be pedaling. On the surface, he was relaxed. It was an art that gave his troops confidence when he had none. He used this principle so much It had become second nature to him. His attention was still hyper-focused on Alyenna's flight. "Come on girl, give us this one thing." The landing zone was three miles from the house. It was as close as they could get given the protections that Paul had somehow woven around the building. Despite Earth being barren of magic that trickster had managed to slip some through. Her foster family had done their best to keep her a secret. No one was naive enough to believe Scelestra had not found a way to Earth outside of the main portal. They had moved Aly around to different states, and school systems every couple of years. They had even done their best to keep her identity secret, even from her. They had succeeded; until her sixteenth year. The day she had begun to show her latent abilities was the day everyone had been dreading. The opening of the portal was still thirteen years away, and with magic being so rare on Earth, it did not take Paul much to detect it. It was impossible to keep magic hidden in the Earth Realm because humans there had lost the ability to wield it centuries ago. When he finally found her foster family he destroyed them, and then snaked his way into her life. Typical demon scum, he cursed inwardly as he noticed the fresh bruises on her visage. He smiled again. "The fates are smiling on us, my friend." Alyenna had no concept of how fortunate her timing was. Baellnar and Aagi had one shot and an exorbitantly finite period of time to bring her home. The portal would be open for only thirty minutes and then seal itself for another one hundred and fifty years and they would all be trapped in the bland world of Earth, and Tendaara would truly be lost. He felt his heart flutter as the glass of the portal evaporated and gave way to a dazzling mist. "It's time." He said softly. His eyes never left his charge's face. "Readeh or not Aly 'ere we come!" Aagi roared as he barreled through the portal. Once again laughter seized Baellnar as he ran after his friend. "Charge!" Baellnar roared his voice filled with amused sarcasm while he held his sword aloft and barreled through the portal. He felt the unfamiliar tingle of the magic around him for a split second and then he felt soft earth underneath his boots. He steeled himself fighting a spell of nausea that came with the transference and looked ahead. She was there in the clearing. Completely unaware of their arrival, a weathered book clutched tightly in her hands and she was yelling about the ending, again. Baellnar scanned the area. This moment had to be a perfect surprise. She did not know what she was and frankly neither did he, but she bested Paul frequently enough to make her dangerous. The current plan was to kidnap her. So he hoped for the best case scenario, that she did not see them coming. The concept of battling an angsty Aly was an alarming one. Baellnar's fears were quickly abated when Aagi took matters into his own much less delicate hands. The fiery- haired dwarf was in the process of surreptitiously sneaking up on her, the hilt of his ax at the ready. In one swift flick of his wrist, he struck her with the pommel and she collapsed on the ground. "Grab 'er!"[/i]
[A/N] Thank you for reading! I love feedback and comments they make my day! Get ready for an epic adventure filled with sword fights, demons, fairies, dragons, humor, love, and heartbreak!
[This section was built in after the original story was crafted. This story is not linear it is circular. So, please note that there will be a lot of mystery and unanswered questions in this chapter and the other early parts of this story, but it is on purpose. You will walk with Aly on this journey of self-discovery so you will be told clues as read as to who and what she really is as well as the other characters. You must read forward to have your questions answered.]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by ashatoda: 2:41pm On Apr 15, 2018
oya continue now I am finding this interesting already
Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by Bobosneh: 2:57pm On Apr 15, 2018
abeg kwatinu make i dey you bumper to bumper
Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by CalciumB3: 9:30pm On Apr 15, 2018
O==[]:::::::::::::::::> Transported
Before you is a girl not terribly unique at first glance, though she is beautiful by any known standards. She is trapped unknowingly in our world. She sits cross-legged in an enchanted grove, a book clutched in her trembling hands. Its pages are weathered and torn from years of abuse. Not unlike you, her only reprieve from her daily life is that which she finds in the elaborate stories of faraway places. This particular book is one that she has read hundreds of times. Its pages emblazoned permanently in her mind. This is the story of a land called Tendaara. This girl, named Alyenna, lost her friends, her family, and everything she holds dear after a tragic car accident. Her uncle Paul is her caretaker now. A cruel and abusive man, he stripped her of her confidence and her self-worth, through perpetual verbal and physical abuse over the 13 years she has been held captive. So why should you care about this lonely girl? Well, you are about to be transported with our dear little Aly into that land of Tendaara. You will become part of a story that is an intricate web of betrayal, pain, revenge, and of course the trials and tribulations of love. It is a world consumed by a dark and manipulative curse. This is not a story of high school drama or petty rivalries. This is not a story for the young at heart or of mind. This is a story filled with magic, demons, goddesses, and war. A story of the triumph over the wicked and the weak. This is a story full of violence and cruelty. A story of power and self-discovery. It is a story of true evil and real love. You will not enjoy these villains. You will deplore them. As for our heroes and our dear Alyenna, she will be forced into a world she does not remember or understand. She will be forced to act as the hero her people need but was never trained to become.
Welcome to a world of gods and monsters. Let the Adventure Begin.

1 Like

Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by CalciumB3: 9:33pm On Apr 15, 2018
ashatoda:
oya continue now I am finding this interesting already
Bobosneh:
Bobosneh:
Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by CalciumB3: 9:33pm On Apr 15, 2018
Fire and smoke choked the air. Thousands of scaled wings and diamond sharpened claws tore through the plated skin. Dragons filled the sky with elemental magic made of rainbow fire and icy rain. Their calls of fury and death tore through the smoke and echoed on the unforgiving stones of the Hakkar Mountains. Their calls punctuated the incessant clang of clashing weapons and explosive spells. This corrupt and smoke clouded sky was lit only by the myriad colors of dragon flame and the red eyes of the claimed. A golden dragon broke through the smoke and flame, on top of her was a woman with hair like the sun and shining silver armor stained with blood that was not her own. She looked glorious, but her soul was torn. Queen Eleanor gazed lovingly at Cameron. Their relationship had spanned decades and had never faltered. Neither time nor distance ever stood a chance at separating them. Until now, Eleanor's heart broke as she saw the telltale scarlet, of the claimed, consume his aquamarine eyes. He was no longer her beloved. Cameron was now an unknowing pawn and traitor to Scelestra's cruel and unforgiving game. He attacked her with all of the fury and passion that his soul ever could or would contain. Eleanor's eyes clouded with tears as she defended herself desperately from the charged and unforgiving attacks of the man she had given her life to. She could not take it in anymore. She had been a fool, a fool to believe she was untouchable. She dropped her hands and welcomed his last spell to strike her. She had failed her people. Cameron watched with demonic mirth as Eleanor and Skendiiri plummeted through the smoke and flame. His smile only grew broader as their bodies disappeared, and then he heard her final ear piercing scream which echoed throughout the war-torn skies. As the cry faded the skies fell silent. friend and foe were frozen by the impact of the Savior's death. The battle was over. Darkness had won.

1 Like

Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by CalciumB3: 9:54pm On Apr 15, 2018
Instantly the dark rider's smile vanished, the red in his glowing eyes flashed and faded. and was replaced by their natural aquamarine. Cameron's face twisted in anguish as the realization of what he had done crept back into his mind. His gut-wrenching howl tore through the valley halting every sword, every claw, every spell, in its path. Time froze, within the raging carnage, in awe of this man's grief. "Ella!" His betrayal was never to be forgotten; not by himself, nor by her people. His scream marked the death of Tendaara. A swarm of Scelestra's claimed descended upon Cameron and his dragon. Despite his best efforts, he could not break free of the fray for hours. By the time he finally descended to collect his beloved, her body was gone.
THE END
pg 562

1 Like

Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by CalciumB3: 9:58pm On Apr 15, 2018
****The Landing Zone***
"No!" Alyenna empathetically slammed her book shut. "I
refuse! He cannot kill her!" Then a bit more demurely as a
forlorn look clouded her eyes. "That cannot be 'the end'."
Aly knew there was nothing she could do. She had read and
re-read this ending at least a hundred times; but, despite
her powerless position she still protested. Aly bunched up
her fists and vehemently slammed them into the ground.
"It cannot be The End'!'" Tears crested her eyes. "it just
cannot!" Those characters were as much a part of her as
her own hand. They had gotten her through even the worst
nights, and yet every time their world ended in darkness.
"How could she just give up?"
She winced as a sharp pain on her cheek reminded her of
what happened earlier. About what had pushed her to flee
to her sacred grove. The one place he could never find her.
Her hand lightly touched the red burning patch on her
cheek, and her eyes snapped shut trying to silence her
fresh tears.

****Earlier that day***
"You, worthless pest" He growled as one of his hands
seized her arm and the other was raised above his head.
Alyenna was overwhelmed with the smell of hard liquor as
her skin screamed at the impact of Paul's cruel fist. "I told
you already that no one will love you like I do, why do you
insist on hurting me like this, constantly disappearing or
trying to run away, and you even had the nerve to destroy
my special gift." He held up an elegant pendant that had
been destroyed by the garbage disposal. "You aren't
planning on leaving again are you?" He stared her down
menacingly.
Alyenna crouched helplessly on the floor. A bruise was
already forming on her face. Usually, Paul was more
careful. She had really done it this time. In a trembling
voice, she whispered, "No."
"It isn't safe out there Aly. You and I have to stick together.
Remember your parent's accident? You should know you
can't go out there. Not if you want to survive." He stood
over her, his face inches from hers.
Alyenna's trembling hands gripped her favorite book tight
to her chest. Her eyes stinging as a salty and familiar liquid
offered the only kindness she could remember. Her tears
shielded her vision of what she knew would come next. She
became lost in her fairy tale world. Wondering how the
next book would end, she had searched desperately for its
sequel, but there wasn't one. This story was the only thing
that made this life bearable.
"Alyenna listen to me!" He boomed threateningly. "You
cannot trust anyone but me. Who else would have taken
you in when you lost everything. Only me my little mouse."
Purring her nickname as he finished his speech.
"Besides you know you cannot go anywhere without me. I
hid the keys to the car little mouse, you know, so you
wouldn't get hurt like your parents did. I am only protecting
you. No one will sacrifice for you like I do little mouse." She
looked back at him with hollow eyes.

1 Like

Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by CalciumB3: 10:07pm On Apr 15, 2018
She had lost her friends, her family, and everyone who loved her to Paul. He started out so kind, so gentle, so special. Her family loved him, and then he opened his home up to her when she lost them. Then slowly, gradually he pulled her away from everyone. Her friends were not allowed over. Her neighbors acted as if the house just didn't exist as if she didn't exist. Like the bruises on her hands didn't appear after she started being 'homeschooled'. Then he moved her to a place where there were no neighbors. As time went on she had come to the sinking realization that Paul, had something to do with the crash. She was at her wit's end. She asked her self every day what kept her here. Reality always answered her. She had nowhere else to go. Her feet, her heart, her very soul were howling at her to run and someday she would. Aly felt the sting of her cheek as his hand made contact. Probably, because she wasn't listening. Who cares she thought to herself. Enough! she thought to herself. Then something happened. Something ferocious inside her had awakened. There was power, and cunning like she had never felt before. She was aware of every sound, every smell, every nuance of movement in the house. She could see his vein throbbing. She could smell the booze dripping through his veins and into his sweat. Enough. Her vision narrowed, her focus became laser sharp, the power of her fury had overpowered her sense of reason. The time to fight is now. Yes, I have nothing but that means I have nothing to lose. She looked forward and realized it wasn't where she lived that held her back, no it was him. It was always him. Aly's eyes narrowed and her hand curled into a stone, her arm with a will of its own crashed into Paul's chin knocking his head back. And he fell to the floor from the impact. She stood, her back was rigid, her heart roared with angry fire. "I do not need you, Paul." She snapped. "I do not need any of this." She gestured to the world around her. "I don't know what life should be, but I know it is not this!" He laughed viciously, "Are you talking about your silly stories Aly? Those aren't real. No one is coming to rescue you. You were already rescued by me. It was my kindness and sacrifice that gives you the life that you are currently so privileged to enjoy." She barely had time to breath before he had risen from the ground and took a menacing step toward her. She laughed back calmly, "Sacrifice?" Her hands made mini quotations, and then she screamed, "Enjoy?" Maniacal laughter erupted from her chest. As she finally saw through this. This man was a bully and as she learned from her 'stories' all bullies are cowards. She started toward the door determination charging her soul. Paul tried blocking the door. His eyes flashed and his nostrils flared. His face took on an unflattering shade of chartreuse. She darted toward the kitchen and grabbed the largest thing she could. In her hands was a cast iron frying pan. Paul ran toward her and reached for her in an attempt to seize Aly, but he never made contact. She spun around eyes flashing and swung the pan with every ounce of strength she had. Her aim was true and she struck him on his skull. His limp body hit the floor hard. She took her chance, she ran. Alyenna opened her eyes, which were still stinging with tears from the memory. In an attempt to calm her nerves, she took a deep breath and took in the beauty of the forest grove around her. She gently rubbed tears off the cover of her book. This ancient worn little book was her only retreat from this decrepit world. It was only in these pages that flaming swords came to life, and talking dragons ruled the skies. A harsh wind began to glow. The gentle golden mosaics of the sunlight vanished. In an instant darkness had consumed the blue sky. In front of her was a swirling oval of blinding light. Terror filled her veins and panic urged her to her feet. She dropped her book and turned to run. However, before she could even make a single step forward a horrible wrenching pain struck the back of her skull. Her knees crumpled beneath her. Alyenna felt dizziness and nausea consume her body. Her last conscious memory was of two shadowy figures running towards her. One carried a massive ax and the other had glowing blue eyes. As her conscious mind let go of its grasp on reality she heard a gruff voice grow, "Grab 'er!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by CalciumB3: 12:58am On Apr 16, 2018
Prettyhurts Ladyverere Warfibabe Ikombe Hadampson Wizsolzy Azeequeen Queengolden TheBlessedMan Nnnena Adebriana Lankyannie I'm sorry if i didnt mention you. My memory is doing somehow this days. Enjoy!
Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by CalciumB3: 1:00am On Apr 16, 2018
Bimberry1907 Sirblero Elajrita Saraphina Talk2saintify
cc: queenitee, adesina12, oly23, samyfreshsmooth, angelinastto, dtobs, yewandequeen, yungtemy, dannybomb, boffinjay, rachealfst, chizzymaris, dasilver20, michelle55, olatex25, ladiesboo, ritababe, obimgbo, njokunonsochukwu, eniqurl, cherrybrown, citas, melekan, hormobolanle, jagugu88li, nastynic, switup, oladapxon, pinkycute, roladiva, tohpahz, jeesprecy, skillful01, uniqueogo, xolocious, kajsa08, bumbae1, pepperoni55, alamiendagash, missperfect28, lovelygurl, anorexia, gabbyraze, forzarush, cyndylove64, patriciakase, ladysuperb, 9pblive, moscow0147, cerewo, lolly02, yungeez and lawlahdey.
Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by Nobody: 2:29am On Apr 16, 2018
I yaff landed.......Goodmorning literatureland
Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by CalciumB3: 8:39am On Apr 16, 2018
Your comments will be appreciated

O==[]:::::::::::::::::::::> Awakening

"The wise adapt themselves to circumstances, as water
molds itself to the pitcher" – Chinese Proverb

Alyenna slowly opened her eyes; her vision was hazy and
painful. She winced as she absentmindedly rubbed the
lump that was forming on the back of her head. She made
a clumsy attempt to sit upright; but, she almost lost her
breakfast.
Sleep wanted to claim her. She felt her eyes clothes and the
gentle touch of her silk nightgown. She looked down at the
satin garment ; this is not mine. Adrenaline pumped
through her veins. She attempted to sit up again. Shaking,
she braced herself against the headboard and scanned her
surroundings.
Polished marble floors and columns traced with golden
sculptures of the extravagantly decorated room. Moonlight
cascaded through lancet windows. Aly's mind raced with
questions which quickly lead to an overwhelming sense of
panic.
She forced herself to breathe and as the lids of her eyes
drifted closed. She counted controlled her breaths as her
chest rose and fell in a calculated rhythm. With each
breath, her emotions eased, and she was able to refocus
on more constructive thoughts. Her eyes traced back to the
windows as her gaze lingered there as hope corrupted her
heart.
Without a second thought, she scrambled to her feet and
leaned over the edge into the fresh night air. It was a
mistake. All of her hope vanished. The stone walls of the
castles morphed into a sheer rock face that disappeared
into a pit of unending darkness. There were not enough
bed sheets in the world to safely repel down this wall.
A gentle creak sounded from the door on the other side of
the rooms. A fresh shot of adrenaline spread through her
veins. She crept into a nearby shadow concealed behind an
enormous bureau. Her fingers twitched under the throes of
anxiety.
A graceful shadow crossed the threshold of her door.
"You're awake." said a soft, airy voice.
"Watch your next steps. I am armed!" Aly lied. "I know
several forms of" Her voice trailed off as he took an
exaggerated step closer to her.
"Are you about done with your hissy fit?" His sapphire eyes
twinkled with mirth as he revealed the hilt of his sword. "I
come armed as well, though you seem to be lacking your
weapon of choice. A frying pan was it?"
"With a sword that small I am not even worried." Aly
jeered. He took another step closer.
She blinked her eye rapidly. Each time her lid closed she
expected to see human ears. Every time she opened them,
his ears were still pointed. Elves are not real. She reasoned
with herself, repeatedly. I have to have a concussion.
She took a moment to assess her kidnapper. On top of the
sword strapped to his side, he also had a quiver strapped
to his back. A weapon of choice that was incredibly out of
date. Was I kidnapped into a renaissance fair?
"Not to break up your medieval fun or anything; but, who
are you and why am I here?" She snapped at him as she
positioned into her best approximation of a boxer's stance.
The strange man snickered and silently walked toward her.
She could see his legs moving; but, it was almost like his
feet never left the floor. She cursed her concussion. Come
on think straight, Aly! She barked at him. "Where are my
clothes!" Suspicion lined her tone. If that creepy silver-
haired freak did anything, she did not have time to
complete her thought.
"Relax, you are not my type. Your clothes are being
washed." His eyes twinkled with mirth, and a small smile
touched the edge of his lips.
She attempted to slap him; but, she miscalculated and
landed nearly face first on the cold stone floor. She quickly
picked herself up and cursed her relationship with gravity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by CalciumB3: 8:47am On Apr 16, 2018
"So that Karate is working out nicely for you then?" Baellnar snorted, "Humans are so entertaining." "You are really into 'this whole thing' aren't you." She asked with deep skepticism. Almost as if the world itself was out to prove her wrong. A small pink light floated through the room. It appeared in front of her nose and appeared to have the shape of a small person. Alright, this officially goes beyond a concussion. Feeling defensive and pugnacious Alyenna stomped over to the stranger with silver hair, "What did you give me?" He raised an inquisitive eyebrow and laughed at her yet again. Alyenna's mind raced with doubts and questions as she caught sight of his pointed ears and sapphire eyes. Everything about him was alien to her. It was as if his snide and casual manner made her doubt everything she had accepted as fact versus fiction. Her determination was slipping; but, she refused to give in, never again would she accept the words of anyone with a blind eye. "I am serious what is it, PCP? LSD? Bath salts what did you give me?" Alyenna's eyes raced from one man to the other. She felt her heart thunder in her chest. Fear overwhelmed her with the realization that she had jumped from one sociopath's 'frying pan' into the fire of two. This time concern wrinkled his brow. "Girl, I am not sure what any of those words mean. If you are referring to some earthly potion? Then the answer is no we did not give you a potion, though a sleeping one might be recommended." He pauses and rubbed his temples "not for you, for me, you are giving me a headache." Again that sarcastic smile touched the corner of his lips, and his eyes twinkled playfully through his fingers. "You know you may be pretty, but you're a prick!" She glared at him from Her sheltered corner. Her back rested on the cold stone wall. It was her only assurance that no one could approach from behind. Her eyes darted around the room seeking an escape path. The strange man let loose a gentle and chiming chuckle like bells on the wind. "You think I am pretty?" He batted his eyes at her in playful mockery. "Yeah, for a buffoon with weird ears!" Alyenna had to admit, she was beginning to enjoy herself. This man's gentle demeanor and subtle humor were frustratingly contagious, and for the first time in years, she was no longer afraid. He smiled and opened his mouth slightly to retort; but, before the air left his lungs, the door slammed open. A sturdy looking man of about four foot nothing strode through. He exuded the confidence of a man nearly twice his size. If she didn't know any better, she would say he looked like one of the dwarfs from her book. I am losing it. Then, with a broad smile and a gravelly voice he spoke "Aly! good, you're up little miss time to get a move on then eh?" Then he turned toward the man with silver hair. "Quit ogling her you spindly beanstalk, don't you 'ave some nature to snuggle with or somethin'?" The silver-haired man just laughed and shook his head. The dwarf held out his hand. "That is Baellnar; you can ignore 'im." His calloused sausage-shaped fingers outstretched. "Mines Agvardak, Agvardak Stoutfist." She leaned over and accepted his hand, his grip nearly crushing hers. She bit her lip tightly in pain and through a forced a small smile she said. "How do you know my name?" The dwarf smiled but did not reply to her question. "Sorry 'bout the bump on yer head lass! Twas a bit on the necessary side. C'mon we 'ave people ta meet. Lots o' folk are excited to make yur acquaintance." He led her from the room. Baellnar followed behind in contemplative silence, his delicate features stretched in a gentle smile. When he caught her eye he winked and then drifted off into his own musings. As they strode through the great hall, Agvardak babbled in the background. Her eyes were wide as she took in the wonders of the room around her. It was the size of a football field and covered in elaborate stone carvings. Each of them was incredibly intricate and colored by a dazzling collection of gemstones. Each creature and the weapons they held were easily distinguishable from another. There were multiple battle scenes. One, in particular, caught her eye. It was far too familiar for comfort. In it was a particularly gruesome battle with a golden dragon and rider tumbling to their deaths. Below them was a battlefield littered with the disembodied corpses of dragons, humans, and other races she had only heard of in her stories. Flying above the massacre was an ebony black dragon and its rider with blue eyes and black hair. Alyenna stopped and stared at the carvings, shaking her head in disbelief. That is way too familiar. The dwarf turned to her and barked for her to hurry up. She shook off her feeling of deja vu and hurried to catch up. He had stopped and was petting something that was slipping in and out of his legs. When it saw Aly, it let out a cheerful chirp. It looked like a lizard; but, it was the size of a house cat. Its shoulders and knees were plated in crystals. It butted its head against her knee. "Well hello, little one what's your name?" Alyenna said kindly. It looked up at her and flashed what she thought would be a smile "Roxanne," said a pleasant female voice inside Alyenna's mind. She turned to the dwarf, her eyes bulged "did that lizard just talk?" "She may be amazing, but talking is not one o' 'er talents." Agi stared at Alyenna like she was crazy. "She's my mount though I'll let ya ride 'er sometime." "How can I ride her, she's the size of my forearm?" Alyenna asked in shaken disbelief. "Oh, when she needs. she can be any size dat she wants, but She saves 'er biggest size fur those special occasions." He winked at her he patted Roxanne gently. "Even small she can outrun almost any living thing, you know other than a full-blooded dragon of course." He scratched the lizard on the crest of her chin he got a bit too enthusiastic, so Roxanne made a playful bite at his hand." He laughed, "she's just how I like muh beer: scaly, fast, and with a bit o' a bite." The man with silver hair, he smirked slyly "that's what I said to your mom last night, Agi." Alyenna's jaw dropped despite her earlier exchange with the silver man she was surprised by the nature of what he was saying. He looked like an elf out of the 'Lord of the Rings'; but, had the manners of a pirate. "Dorothy Stoutfist is a saint ya gnarly toad fart." Aagi grinned broadly. Alyenna cut in frustrated. "Um I hate to break up this love fest; but, I still don't know where I am, nor what in God's name I am doing here." Her chest heaved skin the exertion of her emotions, "I mean this place is amazing!" She gestured emphatically around the room. I would love to stay, but what the hell is going on?" Chuckling the elf smiled "You need to be patient. You will know in time." "With what you know of me so far, Baellnar, how patient do you think I am?" Alyenna stared with determination back at his leveled gaze. Then after several seconds, her expression caught her by surprise, she realized that she was smiling. Somehow she felt more at home in this alien world than she ever had in, she paused searching the recesses of her mind, she could not remember how long. Baellnar gave her a knowing smile, "No, Aly you have never been patient."

Thank you for reading. If you enjoyed this chapter, please comment
Always remember not everything is as it seems.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by Bobosneh: 9:55am On Apr 16, 2018
this awesome.i mean it is really really good am enjoying myself. it gat my eyes glued to my phone. pls kwatinue
Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by CalciumB3: 11:36am On Apr 16, 2018
O==[]::::::::::::::::> Prophecy
[I]"We must take adventures to know where we truly belong."--James Joyce[/i]
Alyenna was lost in a strange world, that seemed to have been created by her own imagination. Every detail of this magical place seemed eery and familiar. Logic could not save her now. Alyenna was resound in the fact that she was 'not in Kansas anymore.' Despite that all that mattered to her, Kansas or no, was that for now she was safe from Paul. The thought of him sent an ominous shiver down her spine. While the trio ambled through the intricate hallways of the keep Aagi, who she established as a very chatty fellow, was telling her all about how many years it took to build it. How it was one of the last strongholds for those of a magical persuasion. The one thing that stood out was that it was a sanctuary for all. It did not matter if they were dwarven, elven, or drake. Creatures from all walks of life and persuasions were welcome to the safety of Kaellen's keep. Those that sought sanctuary was assigned tasks. Everyone had to help. Women or men of an able body were trained in the art of war. Children tended to the gardens and cleaned. Those with more the more technical skills of bookkeeping, culinary, leadership, or cartography were assigned to their respective stations. No man, woman, or child was without purpose. Sanctuary was not free; it was a team effort. Alyenna kept her eyes on those around her. Despite being forced to contribute not one citizen of Kaellen's objected to their work. In fact, from what Alyenna could see many of them enjoyed it. Eventually, she focused back on Aagi's and his descriptions of the Keep itself. Buildings were never her forte, she preferred the outdoors, but everything was critical in this world, so she willed herself to listen. Aagi enjoyed pointing out the intricate carvings and telling her their stories. The part that struck her the most was how many of these creatures had red eyes. In each sculpture, there was always at least one human or animal that hid in the shadows with ruby eyes. The composition varied in height and even gender; but, the eyes were invariably the same. Her curiosity got the best of her. She pointed to one particular battle scene that featured many of the red-eyed figures. "What does this mean?" "dat dere is Scelestra's work" He spat. "dat crazy daughter of phoebetor destroyed everything!" He silenced his banter into sullen resentment. The tension caused by her question lasted for several agonizing minutes. She rubbed her arm defensively afraid to break the tension herself in this strange land with people she did not know or understand. Aagi assessed her discomfort. His hazel eyes penetrated her soul and then softened. In her efforts to avert her eyes from the tension her attention was grabbed by a golden sculpture. Her hand drifted over the delicate craftsmanship. The statue featured a dazzling image crafted entirely from intricately spun gold. It was a golden dragon mid-flight, fire poured from its jaws, and a heavily armored woman rode on top of it her sword lifted high over her head. "That is Eleanor. She was a queen about one hundred and fifty years ago." Baellnar paused, a wave of sadness captured his expression. His hand gently stroked the face of the woman in the sculpture. "The man she loved betrayed her and, to no fault of his own, became one of Scelestra's minions." He stared at it for a long time and then continued. "He struck her from Skendiiri, her dragoness, and partner." After biting his lip, he spoke again this time in a whisper. "Kaelen's keep was built on the very spot she fell. "We neveh foun' 'er body," Aagi voice tinged with echoes of old pain. Alyenna gazed at the statue in disbelief. That name, she thought with trepidation. Then scolded herself for the irrationality of the thought, It has to be a coincidence. She continued to logic herself out of it. That name is reasonably common. It could mean anything or be anyone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by ladyverere(f): 12:32pm On Apr 17, 2018
CalciumB3:
Prettyhurts
Ladyverere
Warfibabe
Ikombe
Hadampson
Wizsolzy
Azeequeen
Queengolden
TheBlessedMan
Nnnena
Adebriana
Lankyannie
I'm sorry if i didnt mention you. My memory is doing
somehow this days.
Enjoy!

Oh yeah! A new story. Thanks for the mention dear. Let me quickly start following.
Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by ladyverere(f): 12:36pm On Apr 17, 2018
CalciumB3:
*WARNING* Story will start dark, but will lighten up in later
chapters! Also, this will not be your average cliche story!
Twists, turns, death and betrayal will be involved!

Welcome to a world filled with demons and dragons. Where
nothing is ever as it seems and trust is a fools luxury. Do
you think our world is unconnected? Are you so naive to
think that you are alone and that no one is watching?
In this world, there is a darkness, a deep and unrelenting
cruelty that can only be solved by those that choose to
move beyond it. This is no paltry romance. This is not the
story of betrothal or rebellious love. This is a story far more
real and far more unforgiving.
This is the story of people. Real people who will face the
unthinkable, and endure the unforgivable. They will do it all
to save people they do not know, for a cause and a war they
do not fully understand. Too long has Scelestra, the queen
of nightmares, been permitted to unleash her cruelty on
this defenseless world.
Nothing in this Tendaara is insignificant, nothing is
unplanned, everything has a purpose that brings darkness
or light. It has been 150 years since Eleanor died. 150 years
where our heroes have been patient and waiting. Waiting
for a girl who does not even know who she is. Waiting for a
girl who is trapped in her own nightmare. A girl that must
save herself to save the world.

About the story

Please be
advised of the following things:
--detailed descriptions that include epic fight scenes and
some romantic encounters. Though it is important to note
that this is not specifically a romance novel
--Several different demons and monsters.
--Some strong language but little to no profanity.
--This story is designed to make you think. I personally love
figuring things out as a book progresses so I like to do the
same for my readers. If you are looking for a standard easy
to predict plot you have come to the wrong place ;-) if you
want to laugh, cry, lose your breath, and be surprised you
have come to the right place.
Romance notes:
--These are real relationships. Not Alphas and their mates.
--These are not high school romances or petty dramas.

Oh boy you really know how to whet a body's appetite. Chai.
Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by CalciumB3: 12:43pm On Apr 17, 2018
Thanks lady
ladyverere:

Oh yeah! A new story. Thanks for the mention dear. Let me quickly start following.
Thanks ladyverere
Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by CalciumB3: 12:55pm On Apr 17, 2018
The group continued forward, and she lost the thought in the wonder of the cavern. She could not help it. She was in a wonderland of sorts. Logic meant nothing here. Her dark and tortured world no longer mattered here. She prayed with every step she took that it was not a dream, and if it were, she would prefer never to wake up. In her bewilderment and wonder, she completely missed that they had entered another room and everyone had stopped but her. When she finally caught herself, she realized that this was much grander than any she had seen before. At the far end of the room was an opalescent pearl toned statue. If the world around her did not hold enough magic, she began to question her own eyes. As she watched, the sculpture itself seemed to move which was a possibility she was starting to accept. It took a while; but, she eventually realized her jaw happened to be stuck in an open position. She caught Baellnar staring at her. "What?" she demanded. "I was wondering if you had another face. You know other than that of a slight minded child seeing a lollipop for the first time?" Agvardak groaned. "Miss don' mind this enormous piece o' straw over 'ere. 'e's just bummed 'cause you ain't looking at 'im dat way." He sauntered behind Baellnar and whacked him on the shoulder. "Oh," She said smiling and stopped to turn around looking directly at Baellnar. "It is because you aren't my type." She pointedly looked him up and down. "I prefer my men to have a face that doesn't look like it's going to break by simply having an expression." Aagi howled with laughter at Baellnar's expression went blank with shock. She wheeled around immediately trying to hide the victorious expression on her face. Aagi continued to laugh hysterically at Baellnar. Aagi slapped his knee with humor. "Oi miss we are keepin' ya! Serves 'im right to 'ave a lady put 'im in 'is place!" The trio walked towards the end of the room., their playful banter echoed throughout the hall. Alyenna was suddenly stunned into silence. Her feet froze on the ground when an unfamiliar feminine voice slipped into her mind. Hello hatchling, we have been waiting for you for over a century. Welcome to Kaelen's Keep. "Who said that?" Aagi and Baellnar watched her with their eyebrows cocked. Aly blushed. She heard the sound of footsteps and realized someone was descending the grand staircase. She watched him cautiously. He wore what resembled leather armor; but, it was a vibrant cream color with royal blue trim. On his back was a sword well over 5 feet long. She also knew that the voice in his head was not his. She surreptitiously searched the room for a woman, any woman. Her eyes found their way back to the pearl statue. Which slowly began to move. It's long neck craned up and over to look directly at Aly. She was several feet from the dragon, but she could still feel her warm breath on her face. Conflicting fear and awe ran rampant like wildfire through Aly's veins. Her body was torn between an overwhelming desire to run away and to pet the dragon. She was not entirely sure what kind of dragon this was and she had a fifty-fifty shot. Logic kept her still. She gauged the reaction of the men around her. If they were not afraid then neither was she. Aly stood her ground and stared directly into the dragons swirling jeweled rainbow eyes. The familiar feminine voice lightly chuckled into Alyenna's thoughts again. Be careful little one be brave when it counts but always know when to run. You made the right choice this time. I am Ruth, and that man is my companion. We have been waiting for over a century for this day. The dragon bowed her head. It is an honor to meet you cousin. "How is that possible" Alyenna said spoke aloud. Baellnar looked at her quizzically. Child, you don't have to use your voice to speak with me, in fact, you probably should not. As it is you and you alone who can hear me

1 Like

Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by CalciumB3: 12:58pm On Apr 17, 2018
Why is that? Alyenna asked back in the silence of her own mind. You'll find out in good time hatchling. "Greetings Alyenna, I am Allabandar. I am sure you are very confused as to why you're here." Alyenna blinked herself out of her reverie and looked toward the source of the voice. It came from the smiling man who had been descending the staircase. "Oh no it's very common to be smacked on the head, kidnapped, and then wake up in a magic land filled with dragons, moving carvings, dwarves, and elves" she paused dramatically "yup all part of the basic everyday life." Annoyed sarcasm dripping from each word. Baellnar and Agi chuckled knowingly. "Really?" Inquired Allabandar lightly smirking. "What a wild life you lead back on Earth!" "Well No not really." She said sheepishly. She held her tongue wanting to comment on how much kinder her world was now. Confused, she wondered why these men made her feel so at ease. The man with auburn hair smiled slightly "Well Alyenna you're handling the change quite well I must say." He said smiling. There was a brief silence interrupted a light airy chuckle and a booming laugh. Alyenna glared at the two men behind her. When Aagi caught her eye he feigned fear and started whistling. Baellnar kept laughing. Allabandar continued unaffected. "Much of this will be explained in time; but, for now, I will give you a light overview. You were chosen because a prophecy lead us to you. Them," he nodded towards Aagi and Baellnar "more than a hundred years to hunt down and retrieve you from the other world. Granted, their way of acquiring you needed a bit more finesse; but, we were in a rush to get you. Before Scelestra did." "What would Scelestra want with me?" Aly asked confused. How can I already have enemies? I just got here. "Yes, rumor has it she is part goddess and part demon. She has a nasty habit of exploiting people's weaknesses. No one knows what she actually looks like. Scelestra is a shapeshifter. She takes on the shape of her victim's hearts' desire. Once she controls their heart she controls their mind. The curse only ends when she forces them to murder the thing they love most."Allabandar balled up his fists. "She can turn anyone into a spy. She sees through their eyes. She knows their mind. She hears what they hear. She has killed thousands of innocent people with her spells and her trickery. Our kingdom lives in fear of her." He paused watching a servant girl working at the far end of the room. "For our own safety and the safety of our people public displays of affection among the nobility is forbidden." " She has magic and shapeshifter abilities and you think I am meant to defeat her?" Suddenly this world did not seem like the better option. "One day an oracle told a prophecy that everyone believed to be about Eleanor our beloved queen of the resistance." He stared for a long while at a memorial painting of Queen Eleanor. "Unfortunately Eleanor was not the hero of the prophecy. That is the danger of all prophecies. You never know what they really mean until it is too late." "Through a great amount of research Aagvardak and Baellnar figured out how to find you and get you back. Their only option was a portal that opens once every hundred and fifty years. "Oi luckily she was right there when it opened! fates were on our side!"-Aagi said exuberantly. "Ok, if these two were so good at solving the riddle of the prophecy, and crossing planets to find me, why can't they beat her?" "Because we need you." He said walking over to the pearl dragon. Alyenna was completely silent for a moment. "What was the prophecy?" Then the strangest thing happened both Allabandar and the dragon's voice sang together; but, her voice was in Aly's mind. In a time where light is at its end And naught is what it seems When red encompasses the land and our greatest hero is no longer seen A new will rise born of love and flame. For this hero to rise another will be lost a hero felled by the touch of frost
"How does any of that lead you to me?" Alyenna asked in awe. Still recovering from the effect of the dragon's song. "It is far too complicated to explain right now," Allabandar answered gently. "You will understand in time." "Sir," Baellnar spoke up. "Perhaps we should give Aly a chance to recover?" "I would prefer answers." Alyenna replied stubbornly, "and to be able to speak for myself." Baellnar sighed and threw his hands up in the air. Aagi popped up next to her. "its a bunch o' magical mumbo jumbo and elven nonsense. Allabandar actually should take the most credit!" Allabandar nodded to Aly. "Aly, it took me centuries to figure it out myself. It will take me hours to explain it to you. How about you rest up tonight and we will work on your cultural knowledge more tomorrow. As if in answer Aly felt her body agree. A gentle blanket of exhaustion crept over her. She gently nodded and followed Aagi and Baellnar back to her room. Her mind reeling with images of talking dragons, strange creatures, and a beast with red eyes. Aly awoke in the middle of the night to the sound of her own screams. Drenched in a cold sweat. Her sheets were strewn all over the floor. She sat wide awake. In her dream, she was falling. She was surrounded by smoke and bursts of rainbow flame. She plummeted past mountains, past demons, orcs, and past screaming dragons. Yet, It was not the falling that forced her to wake up in a pile of sweat and terror. It was the seeing her heart ripped from her chest.
Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by CalciumB3: 1:12pm On Apr 17, 2018
Chapter 4: Training

"Strength doesn't come from overcoming what you can do. It comes from overcoming the things you thought you couldn't"-- Rikki Rogers

A wave of cold liquid inundated Alyenna's sleeping figure. She shot out of bed with a gasp and sputtered as the water clogged her nose and mouth. She glared at the perpetrators of the disruption. She was having quite a pleasant dream for once too. Meanwhile, Aagvardak surreptitiously hid the bucket behind his back with a mischievous smile and an almost invisible wiggle. "What the heck was that for?" Alyenna exclaimed as she blew water from her face, and shook her head like a sopping dog. She was with frigid arms wound tightly around her shivering body. "Time to start your training." Baellnar spoke with a beguiling and broad grin, "and you know 'cause it was fun." "What training?" Her eyes were wide with suspicion. "Oh come on pookey you can't possibly believe that we would let you sleep all day? Especially when you have the living embodiment of evil out there with a target on your back." Baellnar's voice was blandly grave, but his eyes held a small twinkle of glee. Alyenna could not help but giggle at the two of them. "No," She paused for effect, and smiled broadly back at them, "that would be downright ridiculous!" She pulled the sheets away from her goosebumped legs and stretched out lethargically. She was oblivious to the cold water's effect on her appearance. Especially in consideration of the peach nightgown that she had lazily dressed in the night prior. Under the water's influence, it had become nearly translucent and hugged tightly to her athletic figure. The two men stood frozen in place. Baellnar's ordinarily alabaster skin was an unflattering shade of chartreuse. As soon as he was able to gather his thoughts he spun away deliberately fascinating himself with his quiver. Aagi on the other hand just stared enraptured. Their reactions meant something entirely different to Alyenna. Paul had frequently told her of her less than flattering appearance. The words typically included things like 'plain at best' or 'she fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.' Neither led Aly to believe the most flattering things about herself. She fought back an ashamed blush and turned away from them grabbing the sheets instinctively and hugged them around her body. " I am sorry my appearance offends you." She struggled to maintain the strength that the words required, but the melancholy never failed to seep through. Even here in a magical land far from him, she had always been perceived as a 'freak.' "No-no not at all!" The two men said in unison. Baellnar smiled nervously. Aagi, on the other hand, had no sense of proprietary decency, gave her an appreciative smack on the butt. "yup! Looks great 'n feels even betteh!" He winked at her theatrically. The gesture reminded her of some old Ace Ventura movies from, the days before Paul. She should have been offended, but she wasn't. Aly wandered over to the familiar ornate bureau and flung open its doors. She expected to see what she had seen last night; which had been an assortment of clothing. Today it was with something entirely different. It was not a closet; it was a doorway. Alyenna gazed in awe at the room before her. Automatically she felt her legs moving forward. The floor was a complex tessellation of dragons each with a glowing jeweled eye. The tiles were the source of light for the entire room. What it illuminated made her squeal with glee. She stepped forward allured by the welcoming and floral smell of the bath filled to the brim with scented bubbles. The mirrors in the room had a light layer of steam, alluding to the heavenly temperature of the water. She pealed across the bathroom floor discarding her clothes as quickly as possible and plunged into the bath.

1 Like

Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by GooseBump: 11:55am On Apr 21, 2018
She was oblivious to the concept that she never closed the door. She was so immersed in her gentle luxury that she did not see Baellnar quietly closing the door nor Aagi's fiery beard as it got caught in the crack of the bureau as it sealed. When she finished her bath, she changed into dark brown linen pants and a tan linen shirt wanting to avoid the mistake she made earlier with lighter colors. She tied her hair light brown hair back into a tight ponytail but let two strands lose in the front to frame her face. Satisfied with the image she saw in the ornate dragon-guarded mirror she headed for the door. She opened it to reveal the two miscreants sitting on her bed and laughing congenially with each other. When she came out, Aagi stood up snickered as Baellnar elegantly directed her towards the hallway. She did catch the fact that his alabaster skin had a slight shade of pink to it that was not there before. Baellnar still blushing told her to follow him. She did her best, but she had to run to keep up with his ridiculously long and graceful legs. He must be over six feet tall, and she was of a much more average and unremarkable height. She had to strain to gain the extra distance that he conquered so easily. He smiled at her as she tried her best to keep up then slowed down to keep pace with her. "you'll want to save that energy, Aly." He spoke softly. The soft silk of his voice sent shivers up her spine. Luckily the logical side of her brain silenced the feeling and objected to being directed all over the place with so little explanation. "Why?" She paused and stood her ground. It did not matter how comfortable she felt around him. She had been down this road before, friendly people were dangerous. Without stopping he explained. "You will meet with three people every day. We need to teach you how to fight, create, and to conform to our world. You will have a short reprieve in the middle of each day. It would be advisable to use this time to either further your studies on or to explore within the safe confines of the fortress." He took a deep breath his eyes commanding her attention. The intensity of his expression matched hers. "This world is not safe, especially not for you, and you need to be prepared for everything." His expression softened, and a gentle sigh shifted his body. "I may not always be around to protect you." Then without warning, Baellnar tossed her a bow-staff, "Let us begin." She caught the staff on instinct alone. She never actually saw it coming. She then she looked at another elf who was holding a staff identical to hers. He seemed to be watching them, and the hair on Alyenna's neck stood on end feeling the intensity of his stare. Baellnar grunted at her. When she looked back, she realized he had removed his shirt. She understood why the intensity of the sun in this area would be oppressive. She chuckled to herself with a sense of confidence, well to those who were bothered by the heat. She allowed herself a brief second to take in what was happening. She was about to fight a shirtless elf. This whole scene seemed like something out of a novel, how could this possibly be real? She barred her teeth refusing to allow her eyes any more time to wander. She couldn't let him get the best of her. She let her guard down once, and she would not make that mistake again. She already understood that even simple mistakes could mean life or death, in this world. She glared at Baellnar. Aly could not permit herself to make that kind of mistake, even in training. She took a robust front stance and spun the bow in her hands and struck forward. She felt powerful; a feeling she had long forgotten, even with this simple wooden pole clutched in her hands. "Anytime you are ready, you albino beanstalk." Without any warning, the other elf lunged at her. She had taken her attention away from Baellnar. She stupidly assumed that when had begun casually working through katas, he would not be involved in the sparring match. Aly, ruled by only instinct, blocked the attack. In a span of a breath, she danced to her right and swung at his knees.

1 Like

Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by oluwalorseyi(m): 4:07pm On Apr 21, 2018
did you need a cover design for your novel
chat me up
seyioyebajo@yahoo.com

Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 22, 2018
I was called.......
Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by GooseBump: 5:48pm On Apr 23, 2018
Chapter 5- Drowning

Aly's feet felt as though they were ten times their average size as she trudged through the dirt away from today's training. Every part of her screamed in lethargic agony. It was not enough that she ran several miles yesterday, but today she used muscles she had forgotten existed. Every sinew, every tendon, was screaming as she moved. Her legs shook with the mere effort it took to stand, but she refused to rest now. She needed time. She just needed a chance to absorb everything and most of all she had an overwhelming urge to explore. It was all so overwhelming. Just yesterday Aly had hit Paul in the head with a frying pan in a haphazard escape attempt. Today she was battling elves and talking with dragons, in her mind! It was all too much to take in. She corrected herself. Too much was the wrong emotion. This world was a gift; she knew that. Entering this world was more like stumbling upon Santa's workshop, as an adult. It did not take long for Aly to find the lake Baellnar had mentioned. Just imagining the refreshing feeling of diving into that lake and icing her swollen muscles was invigorating. However, she found herself lacking a bathing suit. Glancing around to ensure her privacy she wandered a bit away from the main path so she could strip down to her bra and underwear. Decidedly the closest she could get to a bathing suit in her current circumstance. She took one last look at the shore and dove into the crystal clear water. It was icy but deliciously refreshing; she rejoiced submerged below the surfaces. She luxuriated in the feeling of the crisp cold water as it soaked away both her physical and emotional aches and pains. Aly swam for deeper waters and allowed to envelop her. She dove again enjoying the feel of her hair floating around her like the mermaids in the movies. While she was lost in aquatic bliss a very large serpentine looking creature came up to her. It tilted its shovel-faced head and looked at her, eye to eye. Aly gasped in shock, forgetting momentarily she was under water. A deadly mistake. She began to choke her lungs burning in pain to the unexpected substance invading them. Aly panicked, her tired arms and legs paddling around in the water. She kicked as hard as she could desperate to reach the surface, but she went the wrong way. She let out a precious stream of air, watching the bubbles to gain a sense of direction. Aly tried to follow their path, but she failed, she had too little air and strength left. Her left leg cramped painfully. She lost all control of it. She screamed into the water as she felt her body failing her. The icy refreshment of the lake transformed into thousands of agonizing icicle needle pricks. She still refused to accept her fate. She was a natural swimmer how could her body fail her so? Pain coursed through her veins. A feeling of absolute helplessness washed over her. Again she weakly kicked to the surface with her remaining leg. Her weary arms could drag her no further. She had Expended every last bit of energy she had. She was running out of time; panic and desperation clouded her mind and forced her to suck water into her lungs. She began to lose consciousness a feeling of terror and eerie peace took over her awareness. Icy black mist spread around her vision. Her eyes begrudgingly shut in defeat. Allowing the last thing she saw in the world by the beauty of the sun through this underwater world. The next thing she knew she was on dry land coughing and spluttering. She caught a glimpse of a dark aquamarine colored head with swirling rainbow eyes pulling away from her. Then it slipped deep into the lake. Barely a ripple in its wake.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by GooseBump: 5:50pm On Apr 23, 2018
She lay prone on the ground gasping for air. She gasped deeply for the precious air now in plentiful supply. Aly took in deep slow breaths; she allowed her heart to settle. The thunderous pounding in her mind amplified her relief and terror. "Some hero I am. I am supposed to defeat the ultimate evil queen, and I was nearly defeated by the water, of all the stupid things that could kill her." She heaved an frustrated sigh, as she agonized over her weakness and sheer stupidity. A little too late she remembered that Baellnar mentioned that he would send someone to get her. She sat up and looked around. Standing just a couple of feet away was a young man no more than 18 with startling green eyes. Aly suddenly became hyper-aware of her lack of clothing. A worried look on his face he asked: "are you okay?" "I know this is cliché," she said, " but how long have you been there, and how much did you see?" He handed her her clothes. "Enough to be worried and impressed." He winked at her trying to lighten the mood. Alyenna giggled nervously and felt her entire body turn red. "What was that thing?" "Oh that's Nessie, you are quite lucky to have met her. I have been here for nearly two decades, and she has never made an appearance." He eyed her up and down. "You may want to get dressed. You're lucky it was me who got to see two rare beauties today." "I don't believe I caught your name, smooth talker." She teased. "Oh how rude of me . . . I apologize." He bent to pick a lovely pink and white flower and handed it to her. "I guess only a beautiful woman such as yourself could drive me to disgrace myself. My name is Damien." She giggled to herself and smiled sweetly at him, "That was by far the strangest compliment I think I have ever received, but thank you ...?" **** They wound around the fortress through incredible marble hallways, vast rooms, and jeweled terraces. Finally, they arrived in an enormous furnace lit room. It smelled of molten fire, and the air was thick with suffocating black smoke. The white marble walls of the room now stained black with years of abuse. The machines were made of black iron but inside their hearts, was a powerful hot orange glow. Hundreds of dwarves swarmed over the floor, deftly avoiding the dangerous points of weapons and shrapnel scattered all over the floor. All of them were sweating heavily and coughing. Her companion Damien was straining to breathe; his sweat-sodden shirt was plastered to his chest. His once light and wavy brown hair looked drenched with his perspiration. His wave face was turning an alarming shade of red. Alyenna felt no discomfort; she stood happily absorbing the heat from the room around her. Convincing herself, it was evaporating the remaining chills from the icy lake. Aly had always done well in the heat. The cold to her was an insufferable concept, but feeling like she was standing in an oven always felt relaxing. It was so frustrating how of all the places Paul could have moved her to he chose the sunless frigid state of Oregon. Oh, How many dismal and grey winter days had she longed for the tropical feel of living in the south. Finally, she caught sight of Aagvardak; He was lovingly sharpening a weapon. It had intricate runes inscribed on the shining blade and an elaborately engraved hilt. Unaware of Alyenna's entranced gaze upon the weapon Aagi swiftly raised the blade and sliced right through a nine- inch thick log as if it was butter. After that, he lovingly polished it then cradled it like a mother to a child. Alyenna's jaw fell without her realization, and she forgot to breathe for a minute. In that time Damien began to cough as if he was dying from the smoke in the room.
Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by GooseBump: 5:51pm On Apr 23, 2018
"Aagi!" She yelled across the room gesturing toward
Damien. The dwarf looked up coolly from his work and
absentmindedly pulled a lever and went back to his task.
A sharp sound, like nails on a chalkboard, roared through
the hall. The ceiling above them opened, and the smoke
fled through the opening. Refreshing icy mountain air
poured into the room blasting Aly and Damien. All of the
dwarves sighed deeply in relief.
Agvardak chuckled, "Ah forgot 'bout the delicate nature o'
you human folk." Then he eyed Alyenna curiously, "'cept
you; you don't seem bothered at all pookey. Dat is very
strange." he mused to himself.
Damien, however, was in the center of the blast of cold air.
He was now shivering uncontrollably. His sweat soaked
shirt was quickly becoming a frosted mess.
Aly was also shivering. The cold wind like icy daggers
against her skin. She put an arm around Damien trying to
share what little warmth they huddled together desperate
for any shred of retaining heat.
Damien and Aly huddled like this for several minutes as a
pleasant warmth slowly trickled to her bones. She assumed
it was from the furnaces around her. Damien however,
looked directly at her in awe.
Once her comfort had been restored Aly shifted her
attention to the rest of the room. The beautiful weaponry
ignited a level of excitement in herself that had lain
dormant for several years.
"Gorgeous" She whispered eyeing a particularly magnificent
nearly completed sword. A fire ruby at its pommel and
dragon wings for the hilt.
Agvardak grinned broadly at the compliment. "Everyone is
a sucker for flattery and oi'm no exception, but be careful
little miss. This room ain't kind to 'umans."
"Well enjoy your lesson!" Damien said and hastily left the
cavern.
Agi and Alyenna labored together for hours in the smoke-
filled cavern, both unfeigned by the blistering heat of the
massive forges. After their session, Alyenna walked out of
fire filled cavern and sighed as she felt the room
temperature air creep across her sweat dampened shirt. In
her hand was the hilt of a newly finished sword.
The sword she had admired from earlier was complete and
was now hers. Aagi had been delicately showing her how to
finish its creation. Guiding her through the importance of
each step in sword making, and finally the importance of
the sword's name, and that the finishing touches should
always be done by its owner. A sword is the extension of
one's self in its creation and battle.
She let the blade delicately bridge the gap between her
hands. She could not look away. The sword was beautiful it
had fire etched on the blade, with golden dragon wings on
the quillions of the hilt and a fire garnet embedded
pommel. She kept its name a mystery under the strict
tutoring of Aagi a swords name controlled the power of the
sword. The name of the sword in the hands of your enemy
was the surest way to defeat.
"Well isn't that an impressive blade Aly" The delicious
sweetness of Damien's voice almost weekend Alyenna's
knees. Then his voice changed mid-thought. It became
double layered with his and a much deeper voice speaking
in unison. "There was a slight change in plans Aly, turns out
you're not going to be having your lesson with Arienne."
Alyenna blinked rapidly trying to see him. When the smog
finally cleared from her eyes, she saw something horrifying
in Damien's usually aloof and calm physique.
It was his eyes, they were white, and his face was etched
with fear. His words were smooth and calm they were
almost robotic.
"Whats going on." Alyenna's voice had lost all of its
excitement, but she tried to keep it warm and cajoling. She
was trying to soothe him and her nerves at the same time.
The undertone though was all business. He did not answer
her.
He suddenly gasped. His body became limp and slammed
to the floor. Aly ran to him. She grasped shoulders tightly,
cradling his head in her lap. She shook him gently, in a vain
attempt to bring him back. His head tilted toward her his
face ashen. His milky white eyes were terrifying to behold.
"What's wrong Damien" she cooed and rocked him trying to
calm him down. "Tell me what's wrong."
His eyes cleared for just a moment long enough for a
simple sentence to escape his shaking body.

"She's Coming"

***Thank you for reading! If you enjoyed this chapter,
please feel free to leave a comment***

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by devilmaycry1(m): 12:09am On Apr 24, 2018
wow
Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by Bobosneh: 10:46am On Apr 24, 2018
wow keep it coming op
Re: Born Of A Dragon (Blood and Darkness) by SamuelTurner(m): 1:27pm On Apr 24, 2018
She's coming

Who?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Movie Script Writers, Let's Meet Here. / Professor Wole Soyinka Turns 78 Today-a Poem For Wole Soyinka / Wallahi-sam!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 258
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.