Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,836 members, 7,806,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? (33611 Views)

How You Can Successfully Import Cheap Product From 1688 To Nigeria / I Need A Container Of Shea Butter / Supply Of Product : Diesel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by adewale1: 12:52pm On Apr 17, 2018
For further detail contact Mr Ife day. 08080408872 n 08180875279. They have shipping line from China to Lagos and China address is included in the business card.
About sending money, we can't discuss that on here. You can come to our office we take it from there.

Thank you
Mr Adewale Taiwo

Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by americanson: 12:54pm On Apr 17, 2018
aonag:

if you are buying a container load from one manufacturer, you dont have any problem really because they would tell you/know how much of your goods would fit into one container and they would calculate freight cost for you all inclusive. its when its at the port they send you your BOL and all that..
okay thanks. Some persons say Form M is needed for a container import. When I check the requirements for obtaining it, I do not have most of them at the moment like FIRS , TIN and other things. How do I solve this problem because it appear to be a tedious process.

Can the shipping company handle it for me?
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by americanson: 12:57pm On Apr 17, 2018
pacespot:
Nice thread. But the same time building wealth for Chinese manufacturers from here in Nigeria. I wonder when Nigeria will revive its manufacturing.
We don't have the technology for many of these things because of lack of constant power supply. If the government fix power supply and make it constant, 50% of Nigeria's problem is solved because I know the Igbos will dive in with everything they have got.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Apr 17, 2018
americanson:
okay thanks. Some persons say Form M is needed for a container import. When I check the requirements for obtaining it, I do not have most of them at the moment like FIRS , TIN and other things. How do I solve this problem because it appear to be a tedious process.

no idea bout that ask your agent.
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by Connoisseur(m): 1:22pm On Apr 17, 2018
americanson:

Most clearing companies are Form M compliant. They process these forms months in advance in anticipation of protective clients. The agent's gives you the Form M and BA no which is processed with their name, the BoL is issued in the name of your agent's company while you are the notify party. This simply means your agent is the importer.
The benefits of this process far outweighs the inconvenience of not having your name as the importer.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by americanson: 1:28pm On Apr 17, 2018
Connoisseur:

Most clearing companies are Form M compliant. They process these forms months in advance in anticipation of protective clients. The agent's gives you the Form M and BA no which is processed with their name, the BoL is issued in the name of your agent's company while you are the notify party. This simply means your agent is the importer.
The benefits of this process far outweighs the inconvenience of not having your name as the importer.
Agent in this context means the clearing agent, right?

Thank you so much sir. I am grateful to you and other contributors. Time is one of the most important asset that can not be replenished when spent; may God bless you all for the time spent on my thread thus far and reward you all accordingly. Amen.
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by passey: 1:37pm On Apr 17, 2018
solepager:
Your moniker self na discouragement.

His moniker is fine... If you Bleep a woman that has given birth or a slay queen/ baby mama then you are literally a fucker of someone's mother...A MOTHERFUCKER!
grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by justi4jesu(f): 1:40pm On Apr 17, 2018
Demonicide:
your watsap no

It's on my signature cheesy
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by americanson: 1:45pm On Apr 17, 2018
ultimate77:

my brother, even as a graduate, it has gotten to the level where the friends gan Don day play different league. U can imagine 8years after school,
Sharp and hard working, enthusiastic and outspoken, you hustle day and night bland nothing to show for it, no b say village people day follow me... The matter just taya me.

To even see the friends to make Na war, omo, abeg, if you know anyone I can be under and help him or her and start over a new phase please connect me.

I choose to remain transparent as always have been.
As I see your quote my mind cut, I thought someone has come to lash me. I'm the bold type by the way incase you are recommending sir.
I don't know where to start bro. Many of us what we learned from online resources to push ourselves and everything boils down to your skills, knowledge and information at your disposal. The first thing is to raise capital by using what you already know.

You can freelance online to raise capital and there are lots of information on nairaland alone to help you in that direction but this is only possible if you have your own laptop and a fairly stable power supply.

It may surprise you that money that my friend gave me in 2012 is what has sustained me to this day. How? It boils down to your knowledge bro. Most people think capital is the most important thing but I tell you that knowledge base is the most important thing of all. With knowledge and no capital, you can raise capital. On the other hand, capital and no knowledge, you can lose the capital.

You can see me asking questions on here, this is how it is done. You don't wait for anybody to come and spoon feed you. You research hard and tight!
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by Connoisseur(m): 1:48pm On Apr 17, 2018
americanson:
Agent in this context means the clearing agent, right?

Thank you so much sir. I am grateful to you and other contributors. Time is one of the most important asset that can not be replenished when spent; may God bless you all for the time spent on my thread thus far and reward you all accordingly. Amen.

Yeah agent means clearing agent.
I would like to encourage on your venture. I have gained a lot from here than I can ever repay. If you ever need more clarifications,just bring it on here.
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by americanson: 1:55pm On Apr 17, 2018
Connoisseur:

Yeah agent means clearing agent.
I would like to encourage on your venture. I have gained a lot from here than I can ever repay. If you ever need more clarifications,just bring it on here.
Thank you so much sir. I will always call on you for more help. I have to go over to page 1 again to read all the useful points raised and take note. Wow... I am so happy and relieved! cheesy
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by Jointhemiltons2(m): 2:04pm On Apr 17, 2018
motherfucker:
Thanks. I have never done something like this before in the scale. So pardon my ignorance.

Yes, we are dealing with a manufacturer of a product.

So in essence you mean it is the manufacturer that handles the shipping? am I not the person that will pay the shipping fees?
Bro what are you shipping? Cos I plan on going into importation of materials from China to Lag
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by BlaQWolf: 2:08pm On Apr 17, 2018
motherfucker:
Hello guys,

I know that majority of the people on here are into mini importation and may not need this sort of information or find it valuable. I also know that many on Nairaland mainly import from Europe and America.

Further more, I am also aware that most of the recommended shipping companies in the mini importation threads are like middle men, who add 1-2 dollars per KG on the cost of your goods than what the real companies handling your shipping charges.

What if you need to import a container from China after discussing with manufacturers on agreed quotes, which shipping company can handle a container load of products? Where is their office located in Nigeria? Can you recommend any one that is trusted?

Please help push this on front page for wider views.

Send me a mail but you should know now that getting a container of goods out of the wharf is costly now...mainly a 40feet container should be roughly 3m... New charge rates... Cosco is will do the shipping
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by ultimate77(m): 2:21pm On Apr 17, 2018
americanson:
I don't know where to start bro. Many of us what we learned from online resources to push ourselves and everything boils down to your skills, knowledge and information at your disposal. The first thing is to raise capital by using what you already know.

You can freelance online to raise capital and there are lots of information on nairaland alone to help you in that direction but this is only possible if you have your own laptop and a fairly stable power supply.

It may surprise you that money that my friend gave me in 2012 is what has sustained me to this day. How? It boils down to your knowledge bro. Most people think capital is the most important thing but I tell you that knowledge base is the most important thing of all. With knowledge and no capital, you can raise capital. On the other hand, capital and no knowledge, you can lose the capital.

You can see me asking questions on here, this is how it is done. You don't wait for anybody to come and spoon feed you. You research hard and tight!

I'm a hard core researcher, I've tried to learn and acquire Many skills online, it's always easy for me to learn on YouTube and practice it real life.
. I've earn local area networking, Web design and some other things, I decided I want to start affiliate marketing let me see how I can help myself with that... If you have any area you feel I can focus on for a start please do help me.. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by lightwind(m): 2:22pm On Apr 17, 2018
solepager:
Your moniker self na discouragement.
hapu ife edere na moto baye na moto... just your advice he needs dang
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by 2016v2017: 2:40pm On Apr 17, 2018
motherfucker:
Okay,

I found another online calculator for global usage and I love it. With this calculator, you can use it to know the estimated cost of shipping between origin port and destination port, though subjected to some extra charges/fees such as duties and taxes, but that will not be much (+/-).

Basically, you are expected to input the origin port( which you can get from your supplier or manufacture or Chinese agent). You will also need to input the destination port between Apapa, Onne and Tincan port.

Next is to input the total cost or value of the whole product that you are shipping. If you are import 1000 units of a tool for instance and the total cost of the 1000 unit is $25000, just input it in the "commodity value" box.

On the right side bar, you are to select the "Load Type" for your container, either FCL or LCL

[FCL = Full Container Load. LCL = Less than Container Load, aka Groupage. They are two of common shipping terms used in the international logistics industry for export and import ocean freight cargo. LCL means you share space with others, also share cost.]

The FCL is used if your goods can occupy the whole container but if you are buying lesser quantities of a product such that it can only occupy half or less of the container, then you should use LCL wherein you can share a container with other importers.

The website is http://worldfreightrates.com/en/freight

When I did demo to get estimated shipping fees, it gave me a range of $2,170.70 - $2,399.19 as my estimated shipping fee. If we decide to add other fees such as taxes and duties, we might be looking at $3500 total to handle this.

I hope this helped... we still need people that have done this to help us with real world review of the process involved.

CC: EgunMogaji
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by simplemlmwebsit: 3:03pm On Apr 17, 2018
americanson:
Thank you so much sir. I will always call on you for more help. I have to go over to page 1 again to read all the useful points raised and take note. Wow... I am so happy and relieved! cheesy
pmed u, wanna ask some questions.
Thanks
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by bethnals: 3:14pm On Apr 17, 2018
motherfucker:
are u in Lagos?

I am in Kano. Myself.
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by americanson: 3:16pm On Apr 17, 2018
BlaQWolf:

Send me a mail but you should know now that getting a container of goods out of the wharf is costly now...mainly a 40feet container should be roughly 3m... New charge rates... Cosco is will do the shipping
Hello Sir, are you say ONLY clearing is 3M? how much then is shipping from China to Nigeria?

Besides, the item in question is not car or any of those and the proposed container is 20FT because my manufacturer told me that 9xx units will fill the 20FT contain but we are buying 8xx units.

It is just portable machine, the height of old rechargeable lamb that had cassette player and radio in the early 2000. Let's just use the size , height and weight of that rechargeable lamb as an example. So imagine shipping 8XX unit of that lamp, are we gonna spend spend 3million naira to clear it? How much are going to use to ship it ?
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by olatunji71: 3:28pm On Apr 17, 2018
My best advice, seek the services of a freightfowarder in your best interest. The values you are quoting aren't the real deal from experience. Firstly, have you opened a 'FORM M' with the bank of your choice before proceeding to ship in your goods? Secondly, you can contact any shipping line of your choice for the shipment of your goods e.g MAERSK LINE, COSCO, PIL, CGM e.t.c to confirm cost. You can then notify your sender on your preferred shipping vessel line for him to send your goods through. There exist other little charges which you are not aware of but might pop later to add to the shipping cost. Though you will be notified accordingly by the shipping company.
Important point to note, ensure you open a 'FORM M' before bringing in your goods otherwise you might end up over paying for your goods !

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by americanson: 3:33pm On Apr 17, 2018
simplemlmwebsit:

pmed u, wanna ask some questions.
Thanks
replied.
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by Zdoh(m): 3:34pm On Apr 17, 2018
Demonicide:
I want to transfer money from Nigeria to China. I want to pay to an account there.
We can facilitate that for as an exchanger kindly reach me in WhatsApp for inquiries 08088759163
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by americanson: 3:38pm On Apr 17, 2018
olatunji71:

My best advice, seek the services of a freightfowarder in your best interest. The values you are quoting aren't the real deal from experience. Firstly, have you opened a 'FORM M' with the bank of your choice before proceeding to ship in your goods? Secondly, you can contact any shipping line of your choice for the shipment of your goods e.g MAERSK LINE, COSCO, PIL, CGM e.t.c to confirm cost. You can then notify your sender on your preferred shipping vessel line for him to send your goods through. There exist other little charges which you are not aware of but might pop later to add to the shipping cost. Though you will be notified accordingly by the shipping company.
Important point to note, ensure you open a 'FORM M' before bringing in your goods otherwise you might end up over paying for your goods !
Thanks. I have been told that clearing agent can help sort the Form M if you read this page up or previous page before this one. God bless you all. I have really gotten more than I expected and it feels Amazing really.
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by olatunji71: 3:43pm On Apr 17, 2018
Let me also emphasise that importation of goods is not for the faint hearted be cos there are lots of intrigues involved. You don't have prior knowledge like you stated earlier on so you must equally thread with maximum care by seeking for series of advices from experienced importers. That would do you a lot of good and you would have yourself to thank for doing just that.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by Zdoh(m): 3:51pm On Apr 17, 2018
ZIDOHEXCHANGE
Always available for all you instant exchange to Naira
Such as:
∆PAYONEER
∆SKRILL
∆NETELLER
∆BITCOIN
∆PAYPAL
WE ALSO SELL AT AFFORD RATE
Instant Payment guarantee
Call/WhatsApp : 08088759163
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by OkinosaVentures: 4:20pm On Apr 17, 2018
ultimate77:

I'm a hard core researcher, I've tried to learn and acquire Many skills online, it's always easy for me to learn on YouTube and practice it real life.
. I've earn local area networking, Web design and some other things, I decided I want to start affiliate marketing let me see how I can help myself with that... If you have any area you feel I can focus on for a start please do help me.. Thanks

I read your Write Up and I Honestly want to know if you are good at "Digital Marketing or Marketing Generally".
We have Automobiles and General Household items for Sale in Lagos, Nigeria.
We pay a FIXED 5% Commission on every item (Automobiles/General goods) you sell for us.
We currently have a Toyota Harrier 2003 SUV (1.5M), Mercedes Benz C240 Wagon 2001 Model (1.6M) and Daihatsu Hi-Jet Mini Bus (540K) available for sale in Lagos.
Let me know if you can get Buyers and you will be paid Sales Commissions. Thanks.

Just in case you are not good at Marketing and you cant work with us, I want you to know "God Loves You, Never give Up, Keep reaching out and You will Succeed in Life". God Bless You.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by imazio: 4:52pm On Apr 17, 2018
Great post. I'm thinking of starting this importation thing (Mothers & Children wears) from China too .....I am hoping that this thread will be a great way to start learning the basics.
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by sonnie10: 4:54pm On Apr 17, 2018
americanson:
Thanks. I have been told that clearing agent can help sort the Form M if you read this page up or previous page before this one. God bless you all. I have really gotten more than I expected and it feels Amazing really.

Have you cared to find out what Form M does? Do you or the manufacturer have SONCAP on the product?

Do you know that your goods could be labeled substandard if you don't have the SONCAP and they might use that to obtain from you?

If you are starting little, like 8xx quantity you mentioned, you best be would groupage from China. They will handle everything including clearing.
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 5:07pm On Apr 17, 2018
americanson:
Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by globallogistics: 5:15pm On Apr 17, 2018
Our Company is located in China and Nigeria.
We have our office located in Lagos..
We can help you buy goods in China (Small order or Container goods).
Help you book for containers and make shipment to Nigeria.
We can help you with pay to any Bank accont in China. You will pay in Naira and we can handle the Chinese Yuan.

Whatsapp me on: 09083512995
Thanks
John Adeyemi

motherfucker:
Hello guys,

I know that majority of the people on here are into mini importation and may not need this sort of information or find it valuable. I also know that many on Nairaland mainly import from Europe and America.

Further more, I am also aware that most of the recommended shipping companies in the mini importation threads are like middle men, who add 1-2 dollars per KG on the cost of your goods than what the real companies handling your shipping charges.

What if you need to import a container from China after discussing with manufacturers on agreed quotes, which shipping company can handle a container load of products? Where is their office located in Nigeria? Can you recommend any one that is trusted?

Please help push this on front page for wider views.

Re: How Do You Ship Container Of Product From China To Nigeria? by globallogistics: 5:20pm On Apr 17, 2018
Our Company is located in China and Nigeria.
We have our office located in Lagos..
We can help you buy goods in China (Small order or Container goods).
Help you book for containers and make shipment to Nigeria.
We can help you with pay to any Bank accont in China. You will pay in Naira and we can handle the Chinese Yuan.

Whatsapp me on: 09083512995
Thanks

Demonicide:
I want to transfer money from Nigeria to China. I want to pay to an account there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Godwin Emefiele: 13 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About CBN Governor / Help, My Late Mum's Money Is Stuck In Bank / Heavy Flooding In Alaba Market: Goods Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.