Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,495 members, 7,801,286 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

Which Bible Character Will You Want To Spend A Day With - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Bible Character Will You Want To Spend A Day With (15761 Views)

Which Bible Character Would You Have Being In Jesus' Days ? / Which Bible Character Would You Pick For A Hangout And Why? / 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Bible Character Will You Want To Spend A Day With by Fourwinds: 8:41pm On Apr 15, 2018
Jabioro:
Exactly what l wanted...l can see you laffing..that is great,have a blessed week days
thanks..and you too
Re: Which Bible Character Will You Want To Spend A Day With by DateMynd44(m): 12:31am On Apr 16, 2018
Litesanti:
Queen of sheba
some people talk say Solomon been do the do with Queen of sheba
Re: Which Bible Character Will You Want To Spend A Day With by DateMynd44(m): 12:35am On Apr 16, 2018
Lagbaja01:
Daniel.....i want the wisdom of Daniel n not dat of Solomon, he didnt get to the top through any throne or kingdom, but through deep knowledge.
to me Daniel was way more wiser than Solomon. The wisdom that made him fear God till the end and not the backslidden Solomon

1 Like

Re: Which Bible Character Will You Want To Spend A Day With by DateMynd44(m): 12:37am On Apr 16, 2018
nairalanduseles:
delilah will love to shine her congo
may God deliver your from the spirit of lust
Re: Which Bible Character Will You Want To Spend A Day With by DateMynd44(m): 12:40am On Apr 16, 2018
Nate187:
lol my kneegas if it ain't DELILAH Its MARY MAGDALENE or POTIPHAR’S WIFE
or WITCH OF ENDOR or BATHSHEBA or QUEEN OF SHEBA or JEZEBEL or SALOME
or MYSTERY BABYLON or even EVE sef grin grin
may God deliver you from immorality
Re: Which Bible Character Will You Want To Spend A Day With by DateMynd44(m): 12:45am On Apr 16, 2018
Kingsley1000:
Haba bros
the comments where I see for here just weak me my brother. People no even respect God.
Re: Which Bible Character Will You Want To Spend A Day With by DateMynd44(m): 12:55am On Apr 16, 2018
PopeFlatino:
potipher's wife abeg...make im seduce me,I swear I no go fall Hands like Joseph

**I go bleep am**���
if you're the young man in the pics then you need help
Re: Which Bible Character Will You Want To Spend A Day With by Seun(m): 9:50am On Apr 16, 2018
awesomeJ:
Put the Bible reference, let me give you the clarification, else, you'd be guilty of posting false info on NL.
His army killed every woman, child, slave and livestock in Jericho, a city that never attacked them, according to Joshua 6. They didn’t spare the babies and pregnant women, but they spared a traitor and her family.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Bible Character Will You Want To Spend A Day With by Dave141(m): 10:11am On Apr 16, 2018
Fadiga24:
Adam I want to enjoy eve's unclothedness
you Take weed?
Re: Which Bible Character Will You Want To Spend A Day With by awesomeJ(m): 9:45pm On Apr 16, 2018
Seun:

His army killed every woman, child, slave and livestock in Jericho, a city that never attacked them, according to Joshua 6. They didn’t spare the babies and pregnant women, but they spared a traitor and her family.

First, Genocide is defined as killing ON THE BASIS OF ETHNICITY, RELIGION, SOCIAL STATUS, POLITICAL BELIEFS or other peculiarities.
The killings in Joshua 6, were not based on any such peculiarities, and so it's wrong to describe them as genocide.

There were two forms of killings permitted by God in the Bible:
1. Killings at war.
2. Killing as execution of judgement.

Outside of any religious influence, these forms of killings are still accepted by the society of today. Every nation maintains a robust military, and nobody condemns any death judgement that the law metes on criminals.

The killings in the account of Joshua 6 were an execution of judgement. They were in the same category as those by King Saul on the Amalekites, the destruction of Sodom, the flood in Noah's days, and the eternal damnation that awaits the sinners of this current generation. The pattern is the same. When sins reach their full measure, they get punished.

In Gen 15, God was telling Abraham of the time when his descendants would possess the land of Canaan, in verse 16, he said: " In the fourth generation, they will return here, FOR THE INIQUITY OF THE AMORITES HAS NOT YET REACHED ITS FULL MEASURE" -HCSB.

So, obviously, the dispossession of those folks in Jericho and Cannan was basically a punishment for their sins which at that time, were full to overflowing.

Some of the sins committed by the Amorites are listed in Lev 20.
Verse 22 of that chapter reads: "You shall therefore keep all my statutes and all my ordinances and do them, that the land where I am bringing you may not VOMIT YOU OUT [AS IT DID THOSE BEFORE YOU] - AMP.

This shows that God's justice system is fair and standard, as it's clearly stated that should the Israelites have piled up sins to the magnitude of the Amorites, they would have as well been dispossessed from that same land.

Actually, they got exiled from the land for 70years due to their sin, which certainly was of a leaner magnitude at the time.

So Joshua never committed genocide, he only received instruction from a land owner to eliminate folks that turned out filthy at the time. If some batch of IPhone 8 turn out bad, Apple could recall them, and instruct a robot to crush them. You wouldn't condemn the robot, neither would you Apple, it'd be those bad phones that'd be condemnable.

1 Like

Re: Which Bible Character Will You Want To Spend A Day With by Litesanti(m): 3:39pm On Apr 17, 2018
DateMynd44:
some people talk say Solomon been do the do with Queen of sheba

So I heard o but i dont still mind... grin grin
Re: Which Bible Character Will You Want To Spend A Day With by cassyrooy(m): 3:05pm On Apr 20, 2018
MissJoy29:

Exactly!
One called Abraham mad.
Another implied John the Beloved must have smoked weed.
2 people used fuccck & bleeping to talk about The Blessed Mary.
Another said Jesus had a girlfriend: Mary Magdalene.

It's saddening to note that majority of the people who wrote these are Christains.

Anyway,I would have said Jesus first of all but I don't see Him as a Bible character. He's much more than that...
Having said that, I would like to meet Elijah. God so made use of him and after everything, he didn't taste death.
Another is Esther. I would like to have whatever made her to find Favour in the King's eyes.

Cc: cassyrooy. What is your answer? And Happy Sunday
Hi Ms. Joy!

Sorry I just slipped in under the carpet for an extended period.

Yes, I'm not a religious person but seeing the profanity some people typed up there, I could only shake my head.

My answer? I want to spend time with Caesar Augustus (the man who began taxing the whole world).

How have you been?
Re: Which Bible Character Will You Want To Spend A Day With by MissJoy29(f): 11:45am On Apr 21, 2018
cassyrooy:
Hi Ms. Joy!

Sorry I just slipped in under the carpet for an extended period.

Yes, I'm not a religious person but seeing the profanity some people typed up there, I could only shake my head.

My answer? I want to spend time with Caesar Augustus (the man who began taxing the whole world).

How have you been?
It's alright Mr Cass. Welcome back anyway!

Don't mind them. God will help them.

Why do you want to know about taxes? grin
I have been good. You?
Re: Which Bible Character Will You Want To Spend A Day With by cassyrooy(m): 2:26pm On Apr 21, 2018
MissJoy29:

It's alright Mr Cass. Welcome back anyway!

Don't mind them. God will help them.

Why do you want to know about taxes? grin
I have been good. You?

Thanks.

Na their cup of tea, I don't tell people how to interact with God, blasphemous comments has it's own repercussions.

Isn't it amazing how one man conceived the idea of generating money from all human activities in the world? Other than being the original name from which my own name, Augustine, was developed from, I'd like to know him, like I would've loved to know myself if I had been born a different person.

I doing alright. There's this book I'm reading now, Rick Warren's Purpose-Driven Life.

Its been ripping me in amazing ways and dimensions.
Re: Which Bible Character Will You Want To Spend A Day With by MissJoy29(f): 10:42am On Apr 22, 2018
cassyrooy:
Thanks.

Na their cup of tea, I don't tell people how to interact with God, blasphemous comments has it's own repercussions.

Isn't it amazing how one man conceived the idea of generating money from all human activities in the world? Other than being the original name from which my own name, Augustine, was developed from, I'd like to know him, like I would've loved to know myself if I had been born a different person.

I doing alright. There's this book I'm reading now, Rick Warren's Purpose-Driven Life.

Its been ripping me in amazing ways and dimensions.
Exactly. Their problem, their headache.

Lol @generating money from all human activities. Come to think of it Mr Augustine cool I never saw anyone on that thread that mentioned his name except you. You are really weird. But I really don't understand the last sentence in the second paragraph.

I remember that book from my days as my fellowship's librarian in school then. Funny enough, I never read it. Is it that good?
Re: Which Bible Character Will You Want To Spend A Day With by cassyrooy(m): 5:17pm On Apr 22, 2018
MissJoy29:

Exactly. Their problem, their headache.

Lol @generating money from all human activities. Come to think of it Mr Augustine cool I never saw anyone on that thread that mentioned his name except you. You are really weird. But I really don't understand the last sentence in the second paragraph.

I remember that book from my days as my fellowship's librarian in school then. Funny enough, I never read it. Is it that good?
Doesn't it amaze you how one man gave thought to something inevitable today? No one avoids taxation. Yes, no one did mention him, everyone was looking at where interests them, Caesar Augustus, caught mine. cool

The last sentence in my last paragraph, I meant, won't you be amazed getting to know yourself if born different? Weird thinking, but I guess that's me again. tongue

It's that good, it hard facts, bitter truth, just get give it a try.
Re: Which Bible Character Will You Want To Spend A Day With by MissJoy29(f): 8:46am On Apr 24, 2018
cassyrooy:
Doesn't it amaze you how one man gave thought to something inevitable today? No one avoids taxation. Yes, no one did mention him, everyone was looking at where interests them, Caesar Augustus, caught mine. cool

The last sentence in my last paragraph, I meant, won't you be amazed getting to know yourself if born different? Weird thinking, but I guess that's me again. tongue

It's that good, it hard facts, bitter truth, just get give it a try.
I get your point. It's actually quite amazing.

I sometimes wonder if there's another me somewhere. In an alternate universe perhaps. Like a doppelganger grin
What will she look like? Yeah, we weird like that cool
Re: Which Bible Character Will You Want To Spend A Day With by barrysome001: 6:45pm On Apr 25, 2018
Seun:

What about all the genocide the Bible says he perpetrated and murder of innocent women, babies, slaves, and livestock? That's no ill?
Genocide kwa? I haven't read where Joshua committed genocide in the Bible. He only engaged in battles that were necessary as a war Captain that he was.
You can educate me further if I am wrong
Re: Which Bible Character Will You Want To Spend A Day With by donstan18: 8:34am On Apr 26, 2018
MissJoy29:

I sometimes wonder if there's another me somewhere. In an alternate universe perhaps. Like a doppelganger grin

Happy Birthday Missjoy. kiss

Wishing you long live and prosperous days ahead.

Do well to enjoy this special day smiley
Re: Which Bible Character Will You Want To Spend A Day With by MissJoy29(f): 4:47pm On Apr 27, 2018
donstan18:

Happy Birthday Missjoy. kiss

Wishing you long live and prosperous days ahead.

Do well to enjoy this special day smiley
This is saying thank you. From the "bank manager", to the ballon d'or winner's fan's friend cool

How are you?
Re: Which Bible Character Will You Want To Spend A Day With by PastorAIO: 5:08pm On Apr 27, 2018
Jezebel sounds like a lot of fun.

and Delilah.

1 Like

Re: Which Bible Character Will You Want To Spend A Day With by donstan18: 5:36pm On Apr 27, 2018
MissJoy29:

This is saying thank you. From the "bank manager", to the ballon d'or winner's fan's friend cool

How are you?

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy You re welcomed wink

I'm good, how you, today? kiss
Re: Which Bible Character Will You Want To Spend A Day With by MissJoy29(f): 6:33pm On Apr 27, 2018
donstan18:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy You re welcomed wink

I'm good, how you, today? kiss
Please pardon me once again.

I'm good thank you. Stressed that's all. How's your day going?
Re: Which Bible Character Will You Want To Spend A Day With by cassyrooy(m): 6:47pm On Apr 27, 2018
MissJoy29:

I just don't wonder, I'll like to meet with him and cross things off lists.

Being weird has been fun, and will continue to be fun.
Re: Which Bible Character Will You Want To Spend A Day With by MissJoy29(f): 6:59pm On Apr 27, 2018
cassyrooy:
I just don't wonder, I'll like to meet with him and cross things off lists.

Being weird has been fun, and will continue to be fun.
I wonder cos I know it's not possible.
But if it were to be possible, I will go to the ends of the world to meet her grin

Being weird is bae. Although there should be a limit. Otherwise, you will discover that you have few friends or none at all cos you feel no one understands you!
Re: Which Bible Character Will You Want To Spend A Day With by cassyrooy(m): 7:16pm On Apr 27, 2018
MissJoy29:

I wonder cos I know it's not possible.
But if it were to be possible, I will go to the ends of the world to meet her grin

Being weird is bae. Although there should be a limit. Otherwise, you will discover that you have few friends or none at all cos you feel no one understands you!
Someday we'll discover if only one copy of us ever existed.

Yeah, you're right, people see my seriousness towards any task as being too weird and strange. And sometimes I enter a different level and they comprehend nothing and I have to start toning down just to carry everyone along.
Re: Which Bible Character Will You Want To Spend A Day With by MissJoy29(f): 7:28pm On Apr 27, 2018
cassyrooy:
Someday we'll discover if only one copy of us ever existed.

Yeah, you're right, people see my seriousness towards any task as being too weird and strange. And sometimes I enter a different level and they comprehend nothing and I have to start toning down just to carry everyone along.
Yeah. One day.

Lol... I get you. I learnt how to consciously tone down on a lot of things & let some things go when I discovered my weirdness and being uptight was affecting my life. It's healthier that way
Re: Which Bible Character Will You Want To Spend A Day With by cassyrooy(m): 8:08pm On Apr 27, 2018
MissJoy29:

Yeah. One day.

Lol... I get you. I learnt how to consciously tone down on a lot of things & let some things go when I discovered my weirdness and being uptight was affecting my life. It's healthier that way
Yeah.

Okay, just don't lose it someday, I mean the weirdness, that's your unique trait in this life.
Re: Which Bible Character Will You Want To Spend A Day With by donstan18: 8:30pm On Apr 27, 2018
MissJoy29:

Please pardon me once again.

I'm good thank you. Stressed that's all. How's your day going?
It's alright dear.

Stress of work, I guess, just keep pushing kiss My day? about to end, had a nice day with less stress, hope you'v had some rest?
Re: Which Bible Character Will You Want To Spend A Day With by MissJoy29(f): 8:45pm On Apr 27, 2018
cassyrooy:
Yeah.

Okay, just don't lose it someday, I mean the weirdness, that's your unique trait in this life.
Certainly not! I have a lot of weirdness to last me a lifetime tongue

Don't lose yours too

1 Like

Re: Which Bible Character Will You Want To Spend A Day With by MissJoy29(f): 8:50pm On Apr 27, 2018
donstan18:

It's alright dear.

Stress of work, I guess, just keep pushing kiss My day? about to end, had a nice day with less stress, hope you'v had some rest?

Not work dear. Have been running around for something. You still at work?
I haven't had any rest o. Since morning. And I have had a very scary and almost traumatising day

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Solomon Was A Black Man / What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? / The Day That Heaven, Earth, And Hell Stood Still

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.