Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God - Religion (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God (50575 Views)

Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel / Ten Reasons Why Allah Is Not God AND Why YHWH is GOD / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by tintingz(m): 9:45am On May 27, 2012
Jaidey-one:
A mere slave will never understand the concept of the of the kingdom of God. what happened to john 10:30 that says i and my father are one? What about psalm82:6 that said ye are Gods and all of you are children of the most high? Jesus is God.
hey hope u read ur bible well Jesus himself said:"john 14:28 my father God is greater dan I" "matt 4:10 u shall worship d Lord ur God and only him shall u worship" even in "john 8:28 he said I do notin of myself, can't God do anytin he will" so JESUS IS NOT GOD, GOD iS GOD d almighty one d creator of all.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by kingroyce: 8:38pm On Jun 18, 2012
Ogaga4Luv: [size=13pt]stop attacking the author of this thread you Church rat. . . .you're insulting him indirectly and the same time you're preaching and you feel that's enough to convert him to your so called religion practice. Who the hell do you think is Jesus? huh . . . . .

I don't give breathing space to any Religious folks trying to insult any free thinker on here . Christianity is fraud .
[/size]
did u just say who is Jesus? Ha haaa i laugh u, just continue but also make sure u never insult the Holy Spirit of God as ur insulting the Sun of Righteousness-JESUS. U better repent and give ur life to Christ b4 u rot in Hell wit ur boko haram brother,thats if ur not yet one...death is smiling at u and satan is happy wit u so 2 recieve ur soul.ur blood will be on ur own head cos u've been warned.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by kingroyce: 9:03pm On Jun 18, 2012
tintingz: hey hope u read ur bible well Jesus himself said:"john 14:28 my father God is greater dan I" "matt 4:10 u shall worship d Lord ur God and only him shall u worship" even in "john 8:28 he said I do notin of myself, can't God do anytin he will" so JESUS IS NOT GOD, GOD iS GOD d almighty one d creator of all.
Jesus said "I and my Father are one". Take it or leave it- "I am the way the truth, and the light,no one cometh to my father except by me-JESUS SAID THESE 4 u 2 know he's ur only hope for salvation
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jun 18, 2012
obunike: you must be very stupid by saying that JESUS CHRIST IS NOT GOD,
please no Querel Jesus no be God but the son of God. He is in truth Gods love. God send his love to come and redeem man from his sins.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Gbamar(f): 9:23am On Jun 23, 2012
kingroyce: did u just say who is Jesus? Ha haaa i laugh u, just continue but also make sure u never insult the Holy Spirit of God as ur insulting the Sun of Righteousness-JESUS. U better repent and give ur life to Christ b4 u rot in Hell wit ur boko haram brother,thats if ur not yet one...death is smiling at u and satan is happy wit u so 2 recieve ur soul.ur blood will be on ur own head cos u've been warned.
Really PROVE IT.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Shaaniali: 12:22pm On Jan 01, 2013
The following verses in the bible explicitly present Jesus (Peace be upon him) as son of God so here we take a test from your own that its writer had the authority to add, replace or alter anything with the God's words or not.

"Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world”
[I John 2:1-2 (NIV)]

"Our Sin"

1 - God is free from sin so Indeed, God is not speaking to His creation.
2 - Jesus? According to the doctrine of bible, He died for Christian's sins and someone else is talking about his sacrifice, neither Jesus is speaking.
3 - If not God, neither Jesus then Who?

Conclusion : "The Apologists"

We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true--even in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.
[1 John 5:20]

1 - "we know also the son of god" If God is speaking then He will say my son but speaking in such manner means there are more gods means god is not speaking.
2 - Talking about someone status, who is himself not present "Jesus" means Jesus (Peace be upon him is not speaking.

No one has ever seen God. But the unique One, who is himself God, is near to the Father's heart. He has revealed God to us.
[Gospel of John 1:18]

1 - "No one has ever seen God" God can't say this because He is All-knower, All-aware.
2 - Talking about Jesus's quality means he himself is not speaking.

Now we prove it from the bible that the apologists had the authority to alter, change, and replace something in the words of God or not.

Jesus (Peace be upon him) said:

But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded him to say, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, must be put to death."
[Deuteronomy 18:20"

This [Deuteronomy 18:20] is truly applicable on those writers because when Jesus (Peace be upon him) didn't teach this, why writers had the pain to teach this to Jesus (Peace be upon him)'s followers
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by menme: 2:25pm On Feb 01, 2013
Ogaga4Luv: [size=13pt]123jml you're 100 percent right . . . . maybe Christians should have been asking some certain questions by now after reading through your truthful post here.[/size]

very true! The question is what does the bible REALLY teach?
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by enilove(m): 2:36pm On Feb 01, 2013
obunike: you must be very stupid by saying that JESUS CHRIST IS NOT GOD,

Please ,do not abuse him. He needs to be preached to,he might change if God wants him to.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Nobody: 2:39pm On Feb 01, 2013
Jesus Christ is not Almighty GOD.

Jesus Christ is the Son of Almighty GOD.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Nobody: 11:00pm On Feb 01, 2013
Jaidey-one:
A mere slave will never understand the concept of the of the kingdom of God. what happened to john 10:30 that says i and my father are one? What about psalm82:6 that said ye are Gods and all of you are children of the most high? Jesus is God.
i and my father are one doesnt mean they share equal power.Jehovah is Almighty GOD while jesus is a mighty God.jesus never bore the name Jehovah.that false doctrine dat jesus is God is why catholics think mary,who gave birth to jesus,is the mother of God and worship her.mtchew...paganism
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by F00028: 11:01am On Feb 02, 2013
me' n 'me:

very true! The question is what does the bible REALLY teach?

not the "bible". what does Jesus Christ REALLY teach?
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by F00028: 11:02am On Feb 02, 2013
frosbel: Jesus Christ is not Almighty GOD.

Jesus Christ is the Son of Almighty GOD.

meaning what?
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by chakula: 3:29pm On Feb 14, 2013
F00028:
meaning what?

I beg help me and ask for the clarification because his post seems to be very illogical if he can expand it then I would appreciate. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 14, 2013
chakula:

I beg help me and ask for the clarification because his post seems to be very illogical if he can expand it then I would appreciate. undecided undecided undecided undecided
pls stop belittling the person of Jesus..ur knowledge and perception concerning the Bread of Life is little..i hope u guys ave not forgetten in a hurry what happened to ur broda the "blasphemer" ahmed deedat?
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by F00028: 7:00pm On Feb 14, 2013
Bidam: pls stop belittling the person of Jesus..ur knowledge and perception concerning the Bread of Life is little..i hope u guys ave not forgetten in a hurry what happened to ur broda the "blasphemer" ahmed deedat?
enlighten us then
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by chakula: 9:08am On Feb 15, 2013
F00028:
enlighten us then

I am waiting too......
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Nobody: 12:53am On Feb 16, 2013
chakula:

I am waiting too......
lemme summarize it...Ahmed deedat downfall began when he attacked the crucifixion and ressurection of Christ in front of a large audience in australia.(may 1996)..it even led the australian government to threaten him with deportation unless he toned down the content of Good friday lecture in sydney. Incidentally, deedat's inflammatory reputation caused singapore to ban him from entering their country..now if a secular entity like the australian gov't was so offended, what was the christian church feeling?
The publication of deedat's book "combat kit"(1992) marked the beginning of the end. This vicious and ridiculing of the bible set in motion events which proved to be deedat's undoing. During the next year a small group of christians prayed about this provocations..they even sent deedat a letter warning him of God's judgement because deedat refused to retract his defamatory and unschorlarly attacks against the bible.
This confrontation and the stroke deedat suffered months later- is reminiscent of another confrontation between apostle paul and elymas, the socerer(act 13:10,11). Deedat had a strange stroke( beyond medical experts explanations) four weeks later after the durban offensive talk in sydney..he remained totally paralysed for 9yrs before giving up the ghost in 2005..he culdn't speak for those 9yrs..you know why? God does not need christians to take up weapons to vindicate Him just like islam do..He has all the Power to vindicate Himself..funny prayers were even offered for him by christians yet he refused to repent..do no be deceived God is not mocked.. A man reap what he sows. Gal 6:7
in the case of deedat, God has shown both his patience and punishment.
chakula:

I am waiting too......
lemme summarize it...Ahmed deedat downfall began when he attacked the crucifixion and ressurection of Christ in front of a large audience in australia.(may 1996)..it even led the australian government to threaten him with deportation unless he toned down the content of Good friday lecture in sydney. Incidentally, deedat's inflammatory reputation caused singapore to ban him from entering their country..now if a secular entity like the australian gov't was so offended, what was the christian church feeling?
The publication of deedat's book "combat kit"(1992) marked the beginning of the end. This vicious and ridiculing of the bible set in motion events which proved to be deedat's undoing. During the next year a small group of christians prayed about this provocations..they even sent deedat a letter warning him of God's judgement because deedat refused to retract his defamatory and unschorlarly attacks against the bible.
This confrontation and the stroke deedat suffered months later- is reminiscent of another confrontation between apostle paul and elymas, the socerer(act 13:10,11). Deedat had a strange stroke( beyond medical experts explanations) four weeks later after the durban offensive talk in sydney..he remained totally paralysed for 9yrs before giving up the ghost in 2005..he culdn't speak for those 9yrs..you know why? God does not need christians to take up weapons to vindicate Him just like islam do..He has all the Power to vindicate Himself..funny prayers were even offered for him by christians yet he refused to repent..do no be deceived God is not mocked.. A man reap what he sows. Gal 6:7
chakula:

I am waiting too......
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by ARareGem(f): 1:39am On Feb 16, 2013
. . .
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by F00028: 8:40am On Feb 16, 2013
Bidam: lemme summarize it...Ahmed deedat downfall began when he attacked the crucifixion and ressurection of Christ in front of a large audience in australia.(may 1996)..

let me summarise for you: by 1996 Shaykh Deedat was an 80 year old man, he had a stroke which left him paralysed from the neck down because of a cerebral vascular accident. it happens.
before then he had been talking about the alleged crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ for 50 years.

you want to know who "blasphemes" Jesus, research jewish literature. then ask your "small group of christians" to pray over that!
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by chakula: 3:40pm On Feb 22, 2013
F00028:

you want to know who "blasphemes" Jesus, research jewish literature. then ask your "small group of christians" to pray over that!

I can see the assignment is too big for him to do.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Nobody: 5:38pm On Feb 22, 2013
chakula:

I can see the assignment is too big for him to do.

no need to...unprofitable arguments like this is useless...since the god of this world has blinded your hrts and minds from seeing the true light of the gospel...all you need is prayers..it takes the HOLY GHOST to convict the hearts of men.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by F00028: 6:35pm On Feb 22, 2013
Bidam: no need to...unprofitable arguments like this is useless...since the god of this world has blinded your hrts and minds from seeing the true light of the gospel...all you need is prayers..it takes the HOLY GHOST to convict the hearts of men.
undecided well, your holier than thou attitude certainly won't "convict" any hearts.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by Nobody: 6:45pm On Feb 22, 2013
F00028:
undecided well, your holier than thou attitude certainly won't "convict" any hearts.
sori...am not The HOLY GHOST
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by chakula: 1:08pm On Aug 22, 2013
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by DONkBSTAR(m): 12:27am On Jul 17, 2014
First of all Jesus never stated that he was God and never
mentioned that there was a trinity [the trinity was never
mentioned in the bible] for if these were propounded by
Jesus it would have been evident in the new testament-the
letters of the apostles and the life of Jesus.
1. Using Jn 14:28
…I am going to the father; for he is greater than I.
If Jesus is OF ONE BEING WITH GOD why would he say he is
going to the father who is greater than him ?
2. Using Jn 14:1
…believe in God and believe also in me.
If Jesus is OF ONE BEING WITH GOD why would you need to
believe in them separately
3. Using Mk 10:18
Why do you call me good? Jesus asked him. “No
one is good except God alone.
If Jesus is OF ONE BEING WITH GOD why is he not good I
don’t think it is possible for some parts of God to be good
and others are not.
4. Using Rev 5:7
The lamb [Jesus] went and took the scroll from the
one who sits on the throne [God].
If Jesus is OF ONE BEING WITH GOD why would he take the
scroll from himself ? I cant take a scroll from myself.
5. Using Rev 5;13
…To him who sits on the throne and to the lamb, be
praise and honor, glory and might forever and ever.
If Jesus is OF ONE BEING WITH GOD why would praises be
accorded to him and God separately??
If there was a TRINITY why would praises not be accorded
to the holy spirit
6. Using Rev 22:1-2
, sparkling like crystal and coming from the throne
of God and of the lamb.
If there was a TRINITY why is there no throne for the Holy
Spirit
7. Using Jn 14:31 and Jn 16:13
, That I love the father; that is why I do everything
he commands me.
…He will not speak on his own authority but on
what he HEARS.
If Jesus and the Holy Spirit were of one being with God why
don’t they speak on their own authority
If the Holy Spirit were of one being with God why does he
speak on what he hears and not of what he knows
8. Using Mk 16:19
After the lord had talked with them ,He was
taken up to heaven and sat at the right hand of God.
If Jesus is OF ONE BEING WITH GOD why would he be
seated at the right side of God i cant sit at my right side
and neither can any part of me,
DEFENDING JOHN 10:30
While trying to prove that Jesus is God everyone falls onto
the above verse so I decided to explain what the verse “the
father and I are one.”
What Jesus meant by the above verse is that he and the
father are one because they both followed the same ways
and followed the same path.
Using Jn 14:20
…you will know that I am in my father and that you are in me
just as I am in you.
Here you understand that Jesus is in the father ONLY
because he does the father’s will and his disciples are in him
because they do his will and he is in them because they all
follow the same path which makes them one with God too
because they all follow the same path. a=b and b=c and a=c
in conclusion, Jesus is the son of God and the father, the
son,and the holy spirit all exist separately.
Acts.3.13
The God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob the God of our
ancestors has given us divine glory to HIS SERVANT JESUS
CHRIST.
Acts.3.26
And so God chose HIS SERVANT and sent him first to you to
bless you by Making everyone of you turn from his wicked
ways.
Acts.4.27
and the people of Israel against Jesus YOUR HOLY SERVANT
WHO YOU MADE MESSIAH.
THE SERVANT AND THE MASTER Can never BE THE SAME
PERSON AND THE ONE WHO WAS MADE Cannot BE THE One
WHO MADE.
1.Cor.8.6
There is ONLY one GOD, THE FATHER, who is the CREATOR
OF ALL THINGS and for whom we live and there is only one
LORD, JESUS CHRIST through whom all things were created
and through whom we live.
The normal saying [though not in the bible] is that
Father [Yahweh] +Son [Jesus] +holy spirit=GOD [trinity]
But this verse as quoted from the BIBLE tells us that, Father
[Yahweh] =GOD [1]
And Son [Jesus] =LORD [1]
As this verse shows us, we live for the father [Yahweh] our
God because he is our creator and not his son.
[For those confused about how the father made all things
through the son I will explain like this; If you send your driver
to give some goods to your mother, can it be said that it was
your driver that generously gave to your mother??]
Lastly
Jn.3.35
The father loves the son and puts everything under his
power.
Jesus cannot be God because he was “empowered” by
someone which means that if Jesus is to be God there will
always be a higher God-the one who empowered him.
[p.s. you cannot empower yourself but someone else.]

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by ayodele123(m): 9:30am On Jul 17, 2014
This thread is one of the most useless and meaningless i have ever come across
The Bible says that Jesus Christ is God and He is.
That is final and nothing can change it!
Only fools doubt God's Word,who say there is no God.
Without faith,no man shall see the Lord
CASE CLOSED FOR EVER!
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by chakula: 9:19pm On Jul 17, 2014
ayodele123: This thread is one of the most useless and meaningless i have ever come across
The Bible says that Jesus Christ is God and He is.
That is final and nothing can change it!
Only fools doubt God's Word,who say there is no God.
Without faith,no man shall see the Lord
CASE CLOSED FOR EVER!

Before you close the case Sir, there is need to start the thread from the beginning because facts and references have been given from the bible in defence of the subject of discussion.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by OOAS(m): 8:36pm On Feb 08, 2015
kieryn:
Reason #11

When Jesus prayed for God to give him strength (right before he was about to die), he wasn't praying to himself for strength. Why will he need to do that if he is the "Almighty" God.

Reason 12
After Jesus baptism God said "This is my SON my beloved ." Can a son be the father too?

Shall I go on?

what I know is that you can never argue with anyone into accepting your religion. If we argue, everyone here will still leave with his or her own opinion. what I will say is that Jesus is God(God the son) and He is the way, the truth and the life. I could argue with you but with what I said earlier. I WONT!!!
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by vedaxcool(m): 4:03pm On Mar 09, 2015
Great times!
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by SujiAndrew(m): 8:18am On May 17, 2016
Two Kinds of Morality http://www.sujiandrewsblog.tk/2016/05/two-kinds-of-morality.html?m=1
What is the role of morality in our Christian walk?
This post will clarify your doubts about what the true morality is.
Be blessed in the name of our lord Jesus Christ.
Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God by chakula: 10:12am On May 21, 2016
SujiAndrew:
Two Kinds of Morality http://www.sujiandrewsblog.tk/2016/05/two-kinds-of-morality.html?m=1
What is the role of morality in our Christian walk?
This post will clarify your doubts about what the true morality is.
Be blessed in the name of our lord Jesus Christ.

The link provided wasn't responding. Kindly check and repost it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply)

My Neighbor Said I'm An Occult Member, Because Of This... / Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” / Prophet Adebowale Brainard Storms Shopping Mall With Armed Security Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.