Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

Bbnaija: Using Predictive Tool To Know Which Housemates Will Be Leaving TONIGHT. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Bbnaija: Using Predictive Tool To Know Which Housemates Will Be Leaving TONIGHT. (943 Views)

Janet Kyeme, Lokoja University Student Goes Missing After Leaving For Lectures / How Can Someone Who Lost His First School Leaving Certificate Get It Back? / Student Beaten Mercilessly By His Teacher For Leaving His Hair Bushy. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bbnaija: Using Predictive Tool To Know Which Housemates Will Be Leaving TONIGHT. by Tolzeal(m): 2:53pm On Apr 15, 2018
Disclaimer: ONLY Twitter was used to make assertion and predict the output of this project.

Welcome to BBNaija Twitter sentiment analysis. The sole purpose of working on this project is to predict who is going to leave the Big Brother House tonight using Twitter platform as a source of Data.

Many people share their rants - verdicts alot on Twitter about their favorite Housemates which gives us a good ground dive in, Extract junks of Tweets to munge then get the sentiments out of each, interpret and come up valid conclusion.

Some Things you should about how I've been able to arrive at my conclusion.

- Project Works with Data Science/Analytics.

- Sentiment Analysis is a wide topic and Lots of Companies employs the act to know about their Product/Customer feedbacks. Make best decisions on how best to improve their product/service.

- R programming Console (RStudio) was used.

- Data was scraped from Twitter with a package in R (TwitteR).

- Using Hashtag "#BBNaija + (Housemate)" will get you Tweets about respective HM. e.g #BBNaija Miracle/Tobi "Get Us Tweets about Miracle or Tobi.

- I'm working on recent Tweets.

- Lastly: Predictions are solely based on available data.

Getting Started

[img]https://media1./images/7dcc0b5a2c64d741b6edd12a88738cf9/tenor.gif[/img]

After creating a handshake between RStudio and Twitter with the help of TwitteR, next is mining /scraping tweets using the medium.
I’ve decided to work with recent tweets as much possible to bring about accuracy in the prediction. Working with “BBNaija + HM” that is up for eviction would be considered appropriate after going through many trials to get a perfect data.

Having the data temporarily stored in the Database, We’ll be looking at the next process of data munging which involves cleaning up of data and removing irrelevant string like: handle name, URLs, digits . These honestly wouldn’t add up, we only require texts to make up the sentiment.

During the Process of Data munging, There are chances of losing Data, Some tweets might not meet up to required demand. I am working with Regular Expression (Regex) for the cleanup. With Cleaned up Data (Tweets) in hand we can then go ahead to get sentiment of each Tweets, Compare and make a conclusion on who’s probably going to leave the house tonight based on data we have.

A package called “sentiment” in R is what I’ll be using to get sentiment from each tweet. RSentiment package in R makes use of the Naïve Bayes approach which is the combination of Machine learning and Lexical method of Twitter Sentiment Analysis.

Housemates that are up for Eviction this Week:

1. Miracle
2. Cee C
3. Lolu
4. Khloe
5. Anto

Without wasting much time... We move into Results: wink

1 Like

Re: Bbnaija: Using Predictive Tool To Know Which Housemates Will Be Leaving TONIGHT. by Tolzeal(m): 2:53pm On Apr 15, 2018
Anto

The Chart is way explanatory enough, Every Tweet about Anto are categorized Based on Positive, Very Positive, Neutral, Negative, and Very Negative.
The classification was sorted in decreasing manner.

i. Bar Representation

ii. WordCloud Representation

1 Like

Re: Bbnaija: Using Predictive Tool To Know Which Housemates Will Be Leaving TONIGHT. by Tolzeal(m): 2:53pm On Apr 15, 2018
Cee C

The Drama Queen Cee C Chart representation as seen below:

i. Bar Representation

1 Like

Re: Bbnaija: Using Predictive Tool To Know Which Housemates Will Be Leaving TONIGHT. by Tolzeal(m): 2:55pm On Apr 15, 2018
C. Lolu

Seem Interesting !! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Bbnaija: Using Predictive Tool To Know Which Housemates Will Be Leaving TONIGHT. by Tolzeal(m): 2:55pm On Apr 15, 2018
Miracle

shocked shocked shocked

i. Bar Representation

1 Like

Khloe

i. Bar Representation

1 Like

Re: Bbnaija: Using Predictive Tool To Know Which Housemates Will Be Leaving TONIGHT. by Tolzeal(m): 3:17pm On Apr 15, 2018
Conclusion: From the representation about, We can make a constructive conclusion that Miracle and Lolu Stand a Better Chance of making it to the Next Stage of Big Brother Naija While Anto, Khloe and Cee- C would be evicted. 

On a Primary Note: You can honestly something Educative out of Big Brother Program and all predictions are based on data I have.

May the best Individual Win. smiley smiley

CC: Lalasticlala, Fynestboi, Admins
Re: Bbnaija: Using Predictive Tool To Know Which Housemates Will Be Leaving TONIGHT. by decatalyst(m): 3:50pm On Apr 15, 2018
But una go dey shout upandan that the show is useless...blah...blah...blah yet somebori sidon gather data and analyse untop undecided

Well....

2 Likes

Re: Bbnaija: Using Predictive Tool To Know Which Housemates Will Be Leaving TONIGHT. by Tolzeal(m): 7:50pm On Apr 15, 2018
decatalyst:
But una go dey shout upandan that the show is useless...blah...blah...blah yet somebori sidon gather data and analyse untop undecided

Well....

Lol ! You could always make sense outta NONsense .

Cc:lalasticlala , Seun !
Re: Bbnaija: Using Predictive Tool To Know Which Housemates Will Be Leaving TONIGHT. by LORDEST(m): 7:58pm On Apr 15, 2018
Tolzeal:
Conclusion: From the representation about, We can make a constructive conclusion that Miracle and Lolu Stand a Better Chance of making it to the Next Stage of Big Brother Naija While Anto, Khloe and Cee- C would be evicted. 

On a Primary Note: You can honestly something Educative out of Big Brother Program and all predictions are based on data I have.

May the best Individual Win. smiley smiley

CC: Lalasticlala, Fynestboi, Admins

We hope to see that!

(1) (Reply)

ExamGuide CBT Software Launches UTME Challenge With Cash Prize For Students / Help Me With This Math, Please. / Check Out The Recent Cut Off Points Of University Of Ghana.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.