Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,777 members, 7,806,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

A Trip To Lagos - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Trip To Lagos (334 Views)

Abuja To Lagos (18+) / A Trip To Lagos / ASUU Strike: A Trip From Ekpoma To Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Trip To Lagos by 182600weynom: 4:50pm On Apr 15, 2018
The evening couldn't had got any better, Infact I deem that week the best week so far in my existence thus far on earth. Not for the fact that I was surrounded by friends or for the fact that I had load of paper to spend, it was my first time of leaving the north, apart from what was obtainable in this part of the country, I had no idea of what the the southwest holds. It will also surprise you to know that while at Lagos I went to the cinema for the first time to see a movie, that's totally not my fault or doing, we don't have a proper cinema in kaduna.

But here I am the in the city that has it all, cinema, clubs, ocean and beauty itself. But the beauty of Lagos was never revealed to me at first sight, when we got to Redeem most people where like "we don enter Lagos" some where of the opinion that "noooooo we still dey Ogun" the debate went on and on but I was tired and everyone around me was smelling, from body odor to mouth odor, Someone might say the same of me. felt like dying. It was a hectic journey, we spent almost 24hrs on the road but all I wanted was to have a bath and lay on a bed.

I said to my self "na the Lagos be dis" e nor fine sef" hehehehe some one said. Na mainland we dey, wait till we enter V.high. Trust Yoruba people, I thought it was just the hype.. We stayed in an accommodation In Bariga, the birth place of the popular musician YCee.You see BAriga was a total mess, a ghetto for short. But having very nice inhabitants, cheap food, but no much electricity.

Fast forward everything that happened from arrival. This whole piece was never about the whole trip. This is about a moment in time. When I could say that We froze time for an hour, I wish I could go back to that moment and feel all what I felt. It was like a reenactment of a romantic movie in real life. Of course I was the Romeo, Drogo, Diego, which ever you deem feet to call me.

They say when you fall in love, you heart skips a beat,, you get butterflies and that tingling feeling when you see the person..mine was different, totally I could swear that I lost touch with reality, felt everything was possible when we held hands together, Bonny and Clyde are no match to us, love truly is the strongest narcotic known to mankind.

Before Cupid shot me with his arrow again for the fourth time, we had not been on speaking terms for about a month or so. We would occasionally say hello, she would walk by me and I would feel like pulling her back my way. On several occasions in the library I would raise my head up and catch her gazing at me. But the funny thing was that we were literally dying inside, Longing for each other but pride was the death of us.

There we were.. Right on the beach, Adrenaline popping out, we were agog by the the feeling and sure We were on that good stuff. Music playing in the background, the waves now stronger than it has ever been that day, the tide were also rising,but still we played in the water, I for the first time swam the ocean. Nothing could have gone wrong that day. I could have been with anyone, but you know that feeling when you just don't want anyone else but that special person. the feeling was mutual. I have been on my high horse for about a month and it's time to get of it. I had to come down and face reality. I searched for her in the crowd for sometime, asked her friends but to no avail. Got scared that she had gone, my heart ached like I had holes in it, but I kept faith.

When I finally saw her, I got tongue tied, couldn't utter a word, my cardiac rhythm changed. She had a smile on her face when she saw me coming her way, the image in my head worths more than the Monalisa itself,it's invaluable,the smile thaw all form of congnition in my head, we locked eyes together, a moment of awkward silence. Right on that spot we were in sync mode, we necessarily didn't have to speak much, I gave her my hands without hesitation she stretched hers and we walked on the beach.

We got away from the crowd, found a nice deserted spot on the beach to sit, were we could perfectly see the waves.Every thing at that moment made sense to us. The Stars became more beautiful and brighter, the waves were stronger and I think that signifies the strength of our love at that moment. I felt like I was on NZT, every feeling was magnified. I laid on the sand and her head rested on my chest. We talked about things, we talked about us, we talked about love.

Muazu Shammah

(1) (Reply)

Stretch / Phone / OVERCOMING FAILURE (example From Great Leaders)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.