Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,627 members, 7,801,813 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem (21013 Views)

FFK Blast Premiumtimes And Leadership Newspaper On Twitter / Leadership Problem In Nigeria / A Jerry Rawlings Or Ghadafi Of Libya Kind Of Solution To Nigeria's Leadership Problem? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Kennyblues(m): 12:35pm On May 14, 2010
Often times I wonder why the igbo extraction do not do well in leadership position and little wonder why nigeria would always prefer to the yoruba and hausa at the helm of affairs.

Looking at the Igbo origin, they have never been found doing well when put in the leadership ofanything it either their kinsmen call for the head of their own or they look for away to rob him in a dirty deal that would see to the end of his leadership. Political views of this extraction from the days of Wabara, former Senate president, he was enmeshed in corruption which led to his impeachment, to Maurice Iwu, the then INEC Chairman who could not coordinate a creditable election. Every day you listen to radio and watch the TV its one election being nullified to the other. And now, Prince Vincent Ogbulafor,

Igbo, what is wrong with you? No wonder nobody wants to commit the affairs of this nation into your hands.

pls your views
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Katsumoto: 12:43pm On May 14, 2010
You are about to start what you can not handle.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by ChinenyeN(m): 1:13pm On May 14, 2010
Apparently, judging by your initializing post, you have little to no knowledge on this issue. You're asking the Igbo what is wrong with them, and you name 0.0000000000000000000001% of their population as a way to justify your question. Complete Nonsense.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Nobody: 1:34pm On May 14, 2010
This post exposes the poster's exceedingly pitiful ignorance. It is terribly incorrect to declare that the Igbo people cannot manage their affairs or positions of responsibility. The examples you cited to back up your spurious claims are ridiculous to say the least. If you say Wabara, what of Salisu Buhari? What of Patricia Etteh? If you say Ogbulafor, what of the obnoxious Ahmadu Ali? If you say Maurice Iwu, have you forgotten (perhaps deliberately) that the person that conducted the acclaimed freest and fairest election in Nigerian history (June 12), Prof. Humphrey Nwosu, is a full-blooded Igbo man? Was it an Igbo man that annulled that election?

I would not bother to name all the illustrious Igbo sons and daughters (e.g Anyaoku, Okonjo-Iweala, etc.) that played and continue to play leadership roles both at home and abroad. Your deliberate ignorance and crass subjectivity would never permit your type to recognize the truth. . .even if it bites you in the but.t.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 14, 2010
Another m.oronic poster.

OP, you are a bloody twart.

The first law of good reasoning is to avoid generalization.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Dede1(m): 1:43pm On May 14, 2010
Kennyblues:

Often times I wonder why the igbo extraction do not do well in leadership position and little wonder why nigeria would always prefer to the yoruba and hausa at the helm of affairs.

Looking at the Igbo origin, they have never been found doing well when put in the leadership ofanything it either their kinsmen call for the head of their own or they look for away to rob him in a dirty deal that would see to the end of his leadership. Political views of this extraction from the days of Wabara, former Senate president, he was enmeshed in corruption which led to his impeachment, to Maurice Iwu, the then INEC Chairman who could not coordinate a creditable election. Every day you listen to radio and watch the TV its one election being nullified to the other. And now, Prince Vincent Ogbulafor,

Igbo, what is wrong with you? No wonder nobody wants to commit the affairs of this nation into your hands.

pls your views

It is rather unfortunate that your comprehensive acumen led you to this ignorant conclusion. As ignorant as your illogical deduction may appear on the post, it remains your unsolicited opinion.

It is no gaining saying to iterate that when Igbo extraction is placed at helm of anything in the cesspit called Nigeria, progress begins to show. Talk about election in Nigeria, I can equivocally state that there has never been a fraud or rig free election conducted the country. I can also state that neither Iwu nor Igbo extractions were the only stewards of those elections.

It is a fact that any little issue concerning any Igbo extraction has been magnified to infinite limit in Nigeria. There has been allegation of fraud leveled against Bankole, the speaker of the house, yet such allegation has not been blown out of proportion. If Bankole is Igbo, hell would have let loose.

You are correct about the fact that Ndigbo has failed to give massive support to their sons and daughters when leveled with fraud allegation in Nigerian context. I am also disappointed on the noted Ndigbos’ nonchalance toward staging unshakable defense for Igbo extraction under politically motivated fraud allegations. Nigeria does not worth any patriotic sacrifice and certainly not from Ndigbo.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by SEFAGO(m): 2:19pm On May 14, 2010
Dede1:

It is rather unfortunate that your comprehensive acumen led you to this ignorant conclusion. As ignorant as your illogical deduction may appear on the post, it remains your unsolicited opinion.

It is no gaining saying to iterate that when Igbo extraction is placed at helm of anything in the cesspit called Nigeria, progress begins to show. Talk about election in Nigeria, I can equivocally state that there has never been a fraud or rig free election conducted the country. I can also state that neither Iwu nor Igbo extractions were the only stewards of those elections.

It is a fact that any little issue concerning any Igbo extraction has been magnified to infinite limit in Nigeria. There has been allegation of fraud leveled against Bankole, the speaker of the house, yet such allegation has not been blown out of proportion. If Bankole is Igbo, hell would have let loose.

You are correct about the fact that Ndigbo has failed to give massive support to their sons and daughters when leveled with fraud allegation in Nigerian context. I am also disappointed on the noted Ndigbos’ nonchalance toward staging unshakable defense for Igbo extraction under politically motivated fraud allegations. Nigeria does not worth any patriotic sacrifice and certainly not from Ndigbo.

kedu?

So many wrongly used words. Acumen is used wrongly for starters grin
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Abagworo(m): 3:08pm On May 14, 2010
taking a good look through the list,it is only wabara that is a son of his father.ogbulafor,iwu and ojo maduekwe were imposed on their people by non-igbos.the suffering in abia state is not far from the political battle initiated by these people.why cant they try that with orji kalu?orji kalu is a strong igboman with both supporters and opposition across igboland,nigeria and worldwide.he is of course not the only one.my humble self is a true igbo son.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by ezeagu(m): 3:13pm On May 14, 2010
Abagworo:

why cant they try that with orji kalu?

Try what with Orji Kalu?
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Nobody: 3:30pm On May 14, 2010
Kennyblues

All I will say to you is to rid yourself of the prejudices your parents taught you and then open up your mind to understand the world better. Your parents do not have the luxury of information you have available to you and probably may not have had as much education as you do. It will be a waste of your parents resources if you can not rationalize issues better than they did.

I heard prejudices about people of other tribe from Igbos too. But I got to live with a Yoruba Muslim as an undergraduate student while studying in the East, grew up in PH, served in Sokoto where I lived with Yoruba boys too and then as a result of service mingled with Hausas for full one year. In all of these situations I met people of various parts of Nigeria all of whom had one prejudice or the other against Igbos. You know what I also had prejudical views of all of these people too even before meeting them.

I once told my Yoruba Housemate in Sokoto that "whatever your parents told you about Igbos, I too have what my parents told me about your people" . The question is which of our parents are right or wrong. The honest answer to this question is none. Judge people individually based on your relationship with them and never tar everybody with one brush.

I have argued severally on this thread that Maurice Iwu is not the sole problem of INEC. But lets assume he failed. Does it make a lot of sense to say he failed because he is Igbo knowing full well that the election judged as the best in Nigeria's history was conducted by another Igbo Humphrey Nwosu? Does it make a lot of sense making this argument knowing that the election conducted by Abel Guobadia was no better and he is not Igbo either?

You talk about vincent ogbulafor being alledged to be corrupt as an Igbo  affair. Well Vincent is still alledged to be corrupt while the former PDP chief Bode George has already been convicted. The last time I checked he is not Igbo. If you want to talk about his resignation and not lasting being an Igbo affair. You forget that during OBJ Presidency there was also unstable leadership in PDP and all of these folks were non-Igbos. From Barnabas Gemade to Solomon Lar to Audu Ogbe to Ahmadu Ali.

When some argued argainst Maurice Iwu's sack. They said we were doing so because he was Igbo. That Igbos are being their tribalist self and sticking together. When some others call for his sack, they say Igbos are never united and always in disarray and trying to pull each other down.
So that it seems to me that whatever the Igbos do they will be criticised.

The Igbos are not immigrants, we are Nigerians like everyone else. I think this unfair and bigotted assessment of anything the Igbos do says a lot more about the character of our Nation than it does of Ndigbo.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by AndreUweh(m): 3:43pm On May 14, 2010
@Poster: It may be painful when it comes to Ndigbo and maladministration. Right or wrong, it will not reroof that your father's thatched roof nor change that your father's worn out bicycle pedals. That your mother's akara and akamu early morning business will not grow an inch. This should be your primary concern and not Ndigbo. Peace be with you.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Dede1(m): 4:36pm On May 14, 2010
SEFAGO:

kedu?

So many wrongly used words. Acumen is used wrongly for starters grin

The “Oluwole” group is on the run in Ibadan. The fake document printing outfit was raided in Ibadan and Lagos. The story reaching nairaland informed that you are one of the patrons. grin grin

I have no doubts that your name will appear on the list of people who have done business with the “Oluwole”. grin

I shall not teach you that acumen is a simple noun and can be qualified with any adjectival clause.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by egift(m): 5:22pm On May 14, 2010
@ Poster:
Endeavour to be useful. You cannot be relevant by pulling others down. The Igbos will be always be exceptionally ahead.

Shake off that low-self-esteem. Its eating you up.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by SEFAGO(m): 5:26pm On May 14, 2010
Dede1:

The “Oluwole” group is on the run in Ibadan. The fake document printing outfit was raided in Ibadan and Lagos. The story reaching nairaland informed that you are one of the patrons. grin grin

I have no doubts that your name will appear on the list of people who have done business with the “Oluwole”. grin

I shall not teach you that acumen is a simple noun and can be qualified with any adjectival clause.

I meant the meaning of the word. Your word choice needs a lot of work. If you were in college/university which required writing, you probably would have failed a long time ago.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Onlytruth(m): 5:35pm On May 14, 2010
[size=14pt]Check mate![/size]  cool

Where are those Igbo guys who were calling for Ogbulafor's head all these while? I hope y'all have seen the end game.
This posters points has been the end game all along -to make Ndigbo appear incompetent and untrustworthy.
Classical Obasanjo stratagem.

Sometimes I wonder why my people are so naive politically.

I think it is time we Igbos ask ourselves a solid question:
DO we want to continue being Nigerians ( a country designed to keep us down), or
Do we want to take the bull by the horms and free ourselves from it once and for all.

If you say we should remain Nigerians, then, for God's sake, be typical Nigerians. Truth and Nigeria don't mix.
Patriotism and honor and Nigeria don't mix. Nobody else does it in Nigeria except you and people think you are idiots for doing that (and frankly they are right undecided)
Ogbulafor is still behaving like an Igboman -resigning before his conviction. He doesn't even understand the Nigerian game he is playing. Pathetic.

If you are Nigerian and Igbo, prepare yourself for a long period of slavery.

You are not qualified to rule because you do not understand the game.  cool
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by bawomolo(m): 5:51pm On May 14, 2010
oh jeez, was this thread necessary?
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by olabukola: 7:06pm On May 14, 2010
^^^^^ yes it is bunch of twatz
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by BlakkBoi(m): 7:18pm On May 14, 2010
@Poster.

Stu.pi.dity is not a right but can be a privilege if properly managed. Ignorance on the other hand is a a disease. You are diseased my friend.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by pharrod(m): 7:41pm On May 14, 2010
U exposed ur ignorance.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Dede1(m): 8:20pm On May 14, 2010
SEFAGO:

I meant the meaning of the word. Your word choice needs a lot of work. If you were in college/university which required writing, you probably would have failed a long time ago.

I shall not teach you grammar on free-off charge. You are conspicuously ignorant. By the way, you have been implicated as those that bought fake certificates from the raided “Oluwole” in Ibadan and Lagos. I am not surprise that your name has appeared on the list of patrons of the “Oluwole”.

What a dullard. I shall not teach you grammar on free-off charge. You shall remain an overfed monkey itching to fish in a rough sea.
Let us see acumen: keenness and depth of perception or discernment while comprehensive: broad or complete coverage or broadly or completely covering.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by SEFAGO(m): 8:46pm On May 14, 2010
LOL, you want to teach me grammar grin. My writing skills are phenomenal. Please show respect to whom is due. I am not even talking of grammar- I am criticizing your word choice. Know the difference.

Moreover the poster is somewhat right.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by naso2(m): 9:01pm On May 14, 2010
mikeansy:

Kennyblues

All I will say to you is to rid yourself of the prejudices your parents taught you and then open up your mind to understand the world better. Your parents do not have the luxury of information you have available to you and probably may not have had as much education as you do. It will be a waste of your parents resources if you can not rationalize issues better than they did.

I heard prejudices about people of other tribe from Igbos too. But I got to live with a Yoruba Muslim as an undergraduate student while studying in the East, grew up in PH, served in Sokoto where I lived with Yoruba boys too and then as a result of service mingled with Hausas for full one year. In all of these situations I met people of various parts of Nigeria all of whom had one prejudice or the other against Igbos. You know what I also had prejudical views of all of these people too even before meeting them.

I once told my Yoruba Housemate in Sokoto that "whatever your parents told you about Igbos, I too have what my parents told me about your people" . The question is which of our parents are right or wrong. The honest answer to this question is none. Judge people individually based on your relationship with them and never tar everybody with one brush.

I have argued severally on this thread that Maurice Iwu is not the sole problem of INEC. But lets assume he failed. Does it make a lot of sense to say he failed because he is Igbo knowing full well that the election judged as the best in Nigeria's history was conducted by another Igbo Humphrey Nwosu? Does it make a lot of sense making this argument knowing that the election conducted by Abel Guobadia was no better and he is not Igbo either?

You talk about vincent ogbulafor being alledged to be corrupt as an Igbo affair. Well Vincent is still alledged to be corrupt while the former PDP chief Bode George has already been convicted. The last time I checked he is not Igbo. If you want to talk about his resignation and not lasting being an Igbo affair. You forget that during OBJ Presidency there was also unstable leadership in PDP and all of these folks were non-Igbos. From Barnabas Gemade to Solomon Lar to Audu Ogbe to Ahmadu Ali.

When some argued argainst Maurice Iwu's sack. They said we were doing so because he was Igbo. That Igbos are being their tribalist self and sticking together. When some others call for his sack, they say Igbos are never united and always in disarray and trying to pull each other down.
So that it seems to me that whatever the Igbos do they will be criticised.

The Igbos are not immigrants, we are Nigerians like everyone else. I think this unfair and bigotted assessment of anything the Igbos do says a lot more about the character of our Nation than it does of Ndigbo.

RESPECT.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Dede1(m): 10:56pm On May 14, 2010
SEFAGO:

LOL, you want to teach me grammar grin. My writing skills are phenomenal. Please show respect to whom is due. I am not even talking of grammar- I am criticizing your word choice. Know the difference.

You must first understand the meaning of the words before embarking on the task of stringing them together to form a sentence.

There was period when you were twisted out of human form because of the usage of word, “contrarian”.

Now, you have jumped into a pit of ignorance because you have been dealt a twisted hand by the word, “comprehensive”. Anyway, comprehensive connotes different meaning as comprehensible. Both are, of course, adjectival clauses.

I have no interest in editing any author’s work. I attempted to edit your work once, I almost destroyed the post because of the atrocious grammar
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Onlytruth(m): 11:38pm On May 14, 2010
SEFAGO:

LOL, you want to teach me grammar  grin. My writing skills are phenomenal. Please show respect to whom is due. I am not even talking of grammar- I am criticizing your word choice. Know the difference.

The posters fears -Igbo cannot be trusted with high office- is the whole point of this anti-Igbo game, but unfortunately most of my people don't have a clue undecided They think this is about fighting corruption. Far from it!
When this saga started, some Igbo folk here were busy yarning trashy things like "Ogbulafor is a thief, Ogbulafor is anti-Igbo, bla bla blahh!" They didn't understand that Ogbulafor is just a puppet with little or no choice -damned if he does, damned if he does not. How did he become the PDP chairman even after this allegation cropped up in 2001? Pray, how come his corruption is now bigger than those of ex governors, Obasanjo and family, and other thieves in Nigeria? So, because he called for Jonathan to respect the PDP zoning arrangement, he became the most corrupt guy in PDP and Nigeria?

The point my folks don't get is that this game has very little to do with Ogbulafor. He is just a pawn in an evil chessboard designed against Ndigbo in Nigeria. His replacement, or any other Igbo placed in another high office will face the same treatment eventually.

Today, the highest post controlled by an Igbo (arguably the single largest tribe in Nigeria) is deputy senate president. An ignominious, almost irrelevant position in the scheme of things. How did that happen? Well, worse is about to happen if we don't stop being idiotic in our vision for Nigeria. I would ask this question again:

Ndigbo, are you Nigerians? If the answer is yes, then why are you behaving like you are in America?
If we are not Nigerians,then, when are we going to stand up, approach the UN and demand for our independence from Nigeria?
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by SEFAGO(m): 11:57pm On May 14, 2010
Please could you outline steps taking by Igbo people to field viable candiates for leadership position. Apart from pwns. ALso please give examples when members of your family, have stepped away from the status quo, and decide to run for office themselves.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Onlytruth(m): 12:10am On May 15, 2010
SEFAGO:

Please could you outline steps taking by Igbo people to field viable candiates for leadership position. Apart from pwns. ALso please give examples when members of your family, have stepped away from the status quo, and decide to run for office themselves.

Can you define viable in this context? Viable as in Alex Ekwueme in 1998? Or as in Pat Utomi in 2007? or countless Igbo presidential candidates through the years?
Define viable?
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by asha80(m): 12:53am On May 15, 2010
People are still falling for sefago's antics
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by EzeUche(m): 1:07am On May 15, 2010
Nigeria would be a better place if the Igbo were in charge. Everyone knows this.

We seen the best the Yoruba and the Hausa have done, and frankly, the world is laughing at Nigeria. Igbos have to go abroad to get appreciated for our brilliance.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by EzeUche(m): 1:09am On May 15, 2010
And this is why I am sick of this foolish country. If you hate us so much, then let us go our separate ways. Let you Yoruba and Hausa run this trashy country. And Igbo land still seethes will anger.

It will take GENERATIONS for my people to not seethe with anger.
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by asha80(m): 1:10am On May 15, 2010
Ezeuche how old are u?
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by EzeUche(m): 1:12am On May 15, 2010
asha 80:

Ezeuche how old are u?

I have not hid my age. If you want to know then click my profile.

How old are you?
Re: Igbo Extraction And Leadership Problem by Abagworo(m): 1:14am On May 15, 2010
orji kalu,ngozichukwu odili and chibuike amaechi are strong enough to represent igbo interests but i dont think they would ever be given that chance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Highlights Of President Buhari's Meeting With South-east Governors (videos) / Osita Chidoka: "Fuel Station Depends On Solar Panels For Electricity Now" / Saraki,Dogara,Emeka Ihedioha At Opening Of Young Parliamentarians Forum(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.