Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,054 members, 7,807,169 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

Is It Advisable To Travel With A Vehicle A Day After Servicing It? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is It Advisable To Travel With A Vehicle A Day After Servicing It? (1253 Views)

Man Takes Car For Servicing & Discovers These Animals In The Car (pics/video) / For A Budget Of ₦‎4M: Which Of These Cars Is Advisable To Buy? / Hybrid Electric Vehicle: A Forum Solely For You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Advisable To Travel With A Vehicle A Day After Servicing It? by donogaga(m): 10:46pm On Apr 15, 2018
I intend travelling with a Toyota corolla 2012 Model for a 7 hours trip... Now, is it advisable to travel with it just a day after servicing it?

For example, let's assume it was serviced on a Friday and the next day which is on a Saturday I commence the trip. Is it safe? And again, what is the best recommended oil to service a Toyota corolla 2012 Model? Thanks for your kind assistance.
Re: Is It Advisable To Travel With A Vehicle A Day After Servicing It? by sultaan(m): 2:32am On Apr 16, 2018
what type of service?

with which fluids?
Re: Is It Advisable To Travel With A Vehicle A Day After Servicing It? by Lexusgs430: 3:00am On Apr 16, 2018
donogaga:
I intend travelling with a Toyota corolla 2012 Model for a 7 hours trip... Now, is it advisable to travel with it just a day after servicing it?

For example, let's assume it was serviced on a Friday and the next day which is on a Saturday I commence the trip. Is it safe? And again, what is the best recommended oil to service a Toyota corolla 2012 Model? Thanks for your kind assistance.

If it was a basic change oil, filter, plugs etc etc, it's safe.... (done by a competent hand).....

On the other hand, if you had major surgical intervention, I would advise against (best to drive intercity and ensure all the bones and blood was properly applied).....
Re: Is It Advisable To Travel With A Vehicle A Day After Servicing It? by ruby360: 8:21am On Apr 16, 2018
it is better to drive it around for 3days before traveling. TO BE SURE OF NO OIL LEAKAGES AND EVERYTHING. IN TACT
Re: Is It Advisable To Travel With A Vehicle A Day After Servicing It? by bravolad(m): 8:38am On Apr 16, 2018
donogaga:

If the service is basic oil & filter replacement, you can travel almost immediately after the oil change. There's no effect or problem.

Pls ensure you use good quality filter & the recommended engine oil. Nothing to be afraid of here.
Re: Is It Advisable To Travel With A Vehicle A Day After Servicing It? by brojero: 9:41am On Apr 16, 2018
You can travel immediately if it was basic service of plugs, oil, oil filter and air filter

However... Check the following before setting out
- tyres
- serpentine belt pulley bearings. If any of your pulley bearings are noisy, that is a sign of imminent failure
- check the belt itself
- brakes/ brake fluid
Re: Is It Advisable To Travel With A Vehicle A Day After Servicing It? by donogaga(m): 12:36pm On Apr 16, 2018
Lexusgs430:

If it was a basic change oil, filter, plugs etc etc, it's safe.... (done by a competent hand).....

On the other hand, if you had major surgical intervention, I would advise against (best to drive intercity and ensure all the bones and blood was properly applied).....

Thanks a lot.

It's basically just change of oil.
Re: Is It Advisable To Travel With A Vehicle A Day After Servicing It? by donogaga(m): 12:38pm On Apr 16, 2018
bravolad:

If the service is basic oil & filter replacement, you can travel almost immediately after the oil change. There's no effect or problem.

Pls ensure you use good quality filter & the recommended engine oil. Nothing to be afraid of here.

OK. Thanks a lot.

I Am good to go.
Re: Is It Advisable To Travel With A Vehicle A Day After Servicing It? by mejai(m): 9:42pm On Apr 16, 2018
u suppose drop kola nut for us make we appease d monitoring spirits as u travel. grin
safe trip
Re: Is It Advisable To Travel With A Vehicle A Day After Servicing It? by autotrader2: 8:56am On Apr 17, 2018
donogaga:

That's the oil you need for peace of mind.

3k per litre. Call 09086679585 to get it

(1) (Reply)

As A First Car, Nigerian Used 2003 Corolla Or Tokunbo 2002 Corolla? / This Land Rover Backpacker Is A Perfect Vehicle For Travelers - Photos / Comparism Of Honda Accord EOD 2005 And A Pontiac Vibe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.