Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

What Is Wrong With My Mom? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Wrong With My Mom? (37603 Views)

I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by IamD18: 11:34pm On Apr 16, 2018
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by IamD18: 11:34pm On Apr 16, 2018
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by CodeTemplar: 11:35pm On Apr 16, 2018
eleojo23:
Looking at her age, the feelings of paranoia and irrational behaviour are signs that she might be going through a rough menopause. For some women, it starts as early as age 40.

In this phase, such women act as if they have bipolar disorder and they begin to carry their religious beliefs to the extreme because they think they have a heightened sixth sense and that they can see what everyone else is not seeing.
All these can make life difficult for her family members and it really takes a lot of patience to cope with them during this phase

If you can convince her to see a doctor, he may be able to help her with hormone replacement therapy.

cc: Lalasticlala
When did the fat woman come into the picture? If you Poppa could marry again then I that also contributed to his inability to send you to uni.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Apr 16, 2018
Ezkid:
Well as an African I believe it's disrespectful and rude to diss or called out my mom for her unhealthy attitudes but I think its high time I make it public so people who has witnessed or experience such can give to me a valuable advice.

My mom was once a successful hair dresser and she was the breadwinner of our family until she became born again, she abruptly stopped plating hair for her customers based on what she tagged "unbiblical" She basically affirmed that she'll never touch attachments and synthetic hair again in her life and ever since then things hasn't been going smoothly again.

My Dad now has got a Rick Ross fatlike woman as a second wife and I think the whole situations has taken its toll on my mom's mental health, she's literally cut herself off from the outside world and everything always mean something extra terrestrial to her.

My Mom would see a gecko on the wall and believe it was sent from hell to drag her to the underground, We always packed from one apartment to the other thanks to her intolerance toward other people. Omg! She'll always find faults with her co tenants, everybody is either a witch or a spy from the underworld.

There's one thing she did that convinced me she's struggling from mental instability, we packed out from one house to a flat like apartment, do u believe my mom went back there and packed the huge rocks we used to make fire? She tagged them as her property which can never be left behind, she'll play with u today only to become unresponsive when u greet her tomorrow, she stopped her work almost 20 years ago and ever since then has become a liability on my dad and a burden on us the children, it disgusts me to feed her with my hard earned money when she's hale and healthy, she's the reason my dad was unable to send me to the university because the burden is too much on him.

What I find ridiculous about her is her mindset, her mind was wired to believe we owed her a living when in reality it's the opposite, when my dad is unable to send money she'll become so tensed and angry, its so annoying how she find it difficult to realize she is the PROBLEM of the family.

Pls I need good advice on what kind of help we the children can seek on her behalf cos its obvious she needs help. Thanks all.
I fully understand you. My mum is worse. Most melchlor women have dat psychic issue. You're even lucky to have siblings and a father figure. I'm d only child of a single mum who's difficult to live with owing to her terrible countenance and temperament..always nagging. Yet she goes to church than anyone.

Some elders told me they wanted to take me away from her while I was a kid so I won't be affected but taking an only child from such a woman isn't child's play. They left me to grow up with it. Bro it affected me badly. Sincerely I'm blunt bcus I have a broken personality. Too much endurance can break a person. Up till today she doesnt see any wrong in her deeds. Some have suggested a psychology therapy, but to even mention it in her ears is to be her permanent enemy for life. It's a long story bro..a very long one.

Just take one day at a time and pray for an understanding wife cus d girls of these days don't understand anything abt enduring especially for such a mother in-law. Take time to understand her and draw ur line when u become a man on ur own. God help you bro.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by obonujoker(m): 11:35pm On Apr 16, 2018
Ezkid:
She's 51 now and she stopped the work over 15 years ago and she's tired ever since? We tried setting up other cake business but she always squandered the money, give her 100k today and she won't be able to account for it the following week. We've left her to become what she wants to be.

You should never leave your mum... I see the hand of your stepmom in this....
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Apr 16, 2018
Ezkid:
Well as an African I believe it's disrespectful and rude to diss or called out my mom for her unhealthy attitudes but I think its high time I make it public so people who has witnessed or experience such can give to me a valuable advice.

My mom was once a successful hair dresser and she was the breadwinner of our family until she became born again, she abruptly stopped plating hair for her customers based on what she tagged "unbiblical" She basically affirmed that she'll never touch attachments and synthetic hair again in her life and ever since then things hasn't been going smoothly again.

My Dad now has got a Rick Ross fatlike woman as a second wife and I think the whole situations has taken its toll on my mom's mental health, she's literally cut herself off from the outside world and everything always mean something extra terrestrial to her.

My Mom would see a gecko on the wall and believe it was sent from hell to drag her to the underground, We always packed from one apartment to the other thanks to her intolerance toward other people. Omg! She'll always find faults with her co tenants, everybody is either a witch or a spy from the underworld.

There's one thing she did that convinced me she's struggling from mental instability, we packed out from one house to a flat like apartment, do u believe my mom went back there and packed the huge rocks we used to make fire? She tagged them as her property which can never be left behind, she'll play with u today only to become unresponsive when u greet her tomorrow, she stopped her work almost 20 years ago and ever since then has become a liability on my dad and a burden on us the children, it disgusts me to feed her with my hard earned money when she's hale and healthy, she's the reason my dad was unable to send me to the university because the burden is too much on him.

What I find ridiculous about her is her mindset, her mind was wired to believe we owed her a living when in reality it's the opposite, when my dad is unable to send money she'll become so tensed and angry, its so annoying how she find it difficult to realize she is the PROBLEM of the family.

Pls I need good advice on what kind of help we the children can seek on her behalf cos its obvious she needs help. Thanks all.

Depression. She is depressed and she needs help.

It's not her fault. Its her condition.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by babadee1(m): 11:36pm On Apr 16, 2018
Sounds like she's dealing with Hyperreligiosity and probably some form of bipolar disorder. She needs to see a psychiatrist asap.

Ezkid:

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by KhaleesiAdaz(f): 11:36pm On Apr 16, 2018
The thing all these mushroom churches can cause eh.
I have a friend that have turned to psycho. She suspect everything and everyone.
All the money she makes goes back to them.
That might be your mum's case. She's under their bondage and hypnosis.
I believe situation at home made her call into their hands.
It's a tough call as nothing might change her.
Well you can try to genuinely pray for her. Who knows God will intervene

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by Hargbo(m): 11:37pm On Apr 16, 2018
OneCorner:

no mind ur mama... she no get sense cool

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by greggng: 11:37pm On Apr 16, 2018
Ezkid:

For a man who is struggling, getting a second wife is a death penalty. Having said this, your mum should change church. You cannot be a true born again and God will allow you go through problems that will overwhelm you. I am not saying life is sugar in the morning, sugar in the afternoon and evening. I am saying a true believe will pass through problems but God won't allow those problems to finish him or her. Your mum will get better in Jesus name.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by Ajisebioyolaari: 11:38pm On Apr 16, 2018
@OP, your mum is suffering paranoia or bi-polar disorder. Now, I am very authoritative about this because while I read about your mum's behaviour, withdrawal symptoms and religious belief/fear about everything irrelevant, I saw my sister again.

When my sister started hers, it was really terrible. Better thank God that your mum is not violent. Imagine returning from work to meet all your clothes burnt because your sister thinks they are satanic. I used to be very angry with my sister, thinking she did all she was doing on purpose.....until I got a better understanding.

Not until we took her to a pyschiatric hospital and ensured she was placed on admission till she got better. Even then, she had to be on drugs for a long time and we ensured she took her drugs religiously. I later started feeling pity for her instead of anger. It's not your mum's fault. Something must have happened to her which she didnt share and she prolly sank into depression which has worsened her mental health. Please take care of your mum and God will reward you for it.

PS: You sound unnecessarily rude, there's no need for that. Opinions must always differ, learn to respect other people's view. Cheers!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by kingcheks(m): 11:39pm On Apr 16, 2018
cryYour mother is your mother even if her brain dey touch.. I don't blame her.. It's the fraud called Christianity I blame.. Born again ko!! Born again ni!!

Your papa sef gan.. How he wan send you go university when he put rickross mama for house? I can't bring myself to imagine how many loaf of bread she fit squander for one meal

E no concern me tho grin

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by armyofone(m): 11:40pm On Apr 16, 2018
Amen!!
Can you imagine?
So marrying another woman is the solution to the problem at home shocked
Op, continue to do the little you can giving her allowance each month. Show her nothing but love.
Take her to the hospital, follow her to the church to understand or get idea of what they preach. Above all thing, be patient.

Ammy5565:
She was a successful hairdresser for years and the breadwinner those years and all was fine, your dad assumed his supposed responsibility for a minute and she becomes a liability? Even married another wife when he can't take care of the family and you think she is the problem? Ok oh.
May your eyes open sooner or later.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Apr 16, 2018
Ezkid:
Its not really like I feel disdain towards her but she the architect of her problem and the PROBLEM is affecting the whole family but she failed to realize she herself is the PROBLEM!

It disgusts you to feed your mom and take care of her with the money you earn?

I can only feel disgusted at your attitude towards your mom. The same woman who nursed you at her breasts.

What a pity.

There's no love without Sacrifice.

When you were still a kid and you fell sick, did your mom ever abandon you?

Now is the time to look after your mom.

It is a debt you owe her and her Creator.

I'm sure the church that changed her life is either Mountain of Fire or Deeper Life. If it is possible for you to change her church, even if it means relocating from that area to somewhere that Church doesn't have a branch close by, please do.

You need to ascertain her mental health. See a professional for this. No one here is qualified to tell you the state of your moms mental health. Neither are you.

Next, you and your siblings should show her unconditional love. Be around her all the time.

She might snap at you and be difficult and she may seem ungrateful. Never mind. Keep it at the back of your mind that there was a time when you were dependent on her for everything.

The day you'll know the worth of your mother is the day she dies. I hope you won't regret it then that you might have treated her with more kindness.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by victorian(f): 11:41pm On Apr 16, 2018
SoapQueen:

Pay him no attention, if he can speak ill of his mother, how much more you? Imagine him calling you names.

Men with no respect for women.

Abi? sad

I pity the mother for giving birth to such ungrateful son.
Better to have female children than such a son!
He's talking about not been able to bag a degree in the university. When there are so many graduates out there without jobs, trekking with torn shirts and battered shoes.
He should go and see his mates who didn't go to university, how well off they are and enjoying life. Cos why? They think out the box and outside the norms of the society.

Any man who dispise his mother will suffer in life. It's not curse but what God has ordained already from above.

That's why he's suffering. So much hate in his heart towards his mum.

Na their he go dey ,no going forward no going backward. He should keep hating her. He is doing himself.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by Thegeneralqueen(f): 11:41pm On Apr 16, 2018
IamD18:

tongue tongue
The love is real that you had to double quote me cheesy cool
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by Hargbo(m): 11:41pm On Apr 16, 2018
Lifeofpolice1:
there's no better things than to sleep beside your girlfriend

Bea say goodnight

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Apr 16, 2018
The only problem here is depression. Take her to a federal medical centre for treatment. You will be surprised what magic antidepressants and family love can wield.

I was there. Please take my advise and you will enjoy your Mum again.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by jumzzy448: 11:45pm On Apr 16, 2018
OneCorner:

Replies like these are the reasons people don’t like to bring their problem to social media. What gave you the right to insults someone’s mother like that? It shows you don’t respect your own. Don’t think cos it’s a faceless forum, so you can talk the way you like. Nonsense mtchewww.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by SoapQueen(f): 11:46pm On Apr 16, 2018
victorian:

Abi? sad

I pity the mother for giving birth to such ungrateful son.
Better to have female children than such a son!
He's talking about not been able to bag a degree in the university. When there are so many graduates out there without jobs, trekking with torn shirts and battered shoes.
He should go and see his mates who didn't go to university, how well off they are and enjoying life.
Any man who dispise his mother will suffer in life. It's not curse but what God has ordained already from above.

That's why he's suffering. So much hate in his heart towards his mum.

Na their he go dey ,no going forward no going backward. He should keep hating her. He is doing himself.

Refer to his previous thread where he was complaining about his girl having a fishy "south side" and also has a baby mama at his age. Only you, woman woman talk! Now, he is roping his mom into his blame list.

Misplaced priorities.

I'm out

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by 1Sharon(f): 11:46pm On Apr 16, 2018
kestolove95:
ova 20yrs of marriage ur dad still keep ur mum in rented apartment? nd he has money to marry another liability instead thinking towards an asset? ur dad is the problem, beta leave that woman alone and u guys own her alot..mothers ar never wrong even when we think dey ar..

Are you sure mothers can never be wrong? undecided

5 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by oderemo(m): 11:46pm On Apr 16, 2018
U r getting gud advice.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by IamD18: 11:47pm On Apr 16, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
The love is real that you had to double quote me cheesy cool

embarassed embarassed
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by sshyne(m): 11:48pm On Apr 16, 2018
Collins0609:

My mom is dead,as in real dead.i remember blaming her for some things;i wish she is alive today causing me a lot of trouble;been my burden.i wil give her everything only to make her happy and more troublesome.u own her,she didnt kill u when u are a child and spent a lot to c u grow as u are now.i remember my mum carrying me and running all d way to d hospital when am sick.i love my mum.i only wish she is alive today.u dont know what u have unless u lose it.u mom prayers is what keeping spiritual and evil minded person to get to u.u life,ur choice.
Over an out

I laughed when I read your response, but its not your fault. I totally understand what the OP is saying because am going through the same issue. My mum was the bread winner of the family, when I was in school she was the only one I call for money. All of a sudden she left her well paying job saying God told her to do so. Brother, I must confess we suffered for that single decision she made. All I can say is the CHURCH contributed to her issue especially the "die by fire ministry". She is currently diagnosed with a Mental illness and we have being battling it for years and she won't accept any medication because she believes it's spiritual thanks to all those "god of men" and there toxic teachings.
Well I don't wanna go indepth on my family issue but the advice I will give you is to get hold of your mind and don't loose it because situations like this can cause depression. Listen to her when she talks and try your best not to argue with her when she spiritualize(if the word exist) everything. Just try to make enough money to take care of her because she's your mother and you can't push her away..and please take her to a psychiatric hospital, don't listen to people that will tell you to take her to a church for deliverance they will only waste your time and make the situation worse. I hope my Lil advice help.

And for those Christians out there that "god of men " have polluted your mind with toxic and false doctrines I pity you. When you start seeing a cat at night and you assume it's your grandmother just know Mental illness is around the corner.

6 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by coputa(m): 11:49pm On Apr 16, 2018
OneCorner:

Is this how you address your parents at home,you portrays a street urchin.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by jumzzy448: 11:49pm On Apr 16, 2018
kestolove95:
ova 20yrs of marriage ur dad still keep ur mum in rented apartment? nd he has money to marry another liability instead thinking towards an asset? ur dad is the problem, beta leave that woman alone and u guys own her alot..mothers ar never wrong even when we think dey ar..

Wrong wrong wrong....do not say mothers are never wrong. Nuff said. I have something similar happening to one of my aunt’s ...so I understand perfectly where the op is coming from.
As for my Aunty, we’ve not being able to do anything as every talk falls on deaf ears.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by Thegeneralqueen(f): 11:51pm On Apr 16, 2018
IamD18:

embarassed embarassed
Sor nwa kiss kiss tongue cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by adegeye38(m): 11:51pm On Apr 16, 2018
Ezkid:

she had been indoctrinised, that is not Christianity, it is madness, if i want to advise u as a Christian i would say find her a proper Pentecostal church to attended, like winners for example, where she will understand what Christianity is all about, and i think that will help her, u can also take her to a psychiatrist, they will prescribe drugs that will supress d stuff
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 11:55pm On Apr 16, 2018
Ezkid:

Take her to a qualified mental health professional and have her assessed.
The possibilities including severe depression, bipolar disorder, menopausal symptoms or other endocrine issues.
You are likely to get a solution.
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by IamD18: 11:55pm On Apr 16, 2018
Thegeneralqueen:
Sor nwa kiss kiss tongue cheesy cheesy
How you kiss
Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by Ajisebioyolaari: 11:57pm On Apr 16, 2018
I feel really bad tonight and I wish I could be of help to OP's mum.

A lot of Nigerians are yet to come to the reality that mental illness is real and a lot of us are living with it. It's not until you run unclad on the streets. Depression, hyperreligiousity, anger, aggressiveness, seclusion and hallucinations are all signs of mental illnesses which can be triggered by a lot of factors.

People need to check themselves into hospitals to see psychologists or pyschiatrists especially when they feel they are over stressed or undergoing an emotional phase. You need to see the rich and beautiful people I met at the hospital during my sister's stay and you begin to wonder "what went wrong with these people?"

It can happen to anyone....all they need is love and proper care.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With My Mom? by sirgalahad26(m): 11:57pm On Apr 16, 2018
OP, u feel ur mom is irresponsible abi? u're damn wrong! presently u owe her love,care and attention due to the following reasons:
she is the only mother you have!

she didnt treat you like a castaway/outcast(that's how u're treating her now)

she didnt abort your pregnancy then, she nurtured you till events overtook her life.
Please, consider the factors i listed above, start treating her like nothing happened

Observe ocassional tete-a-tete with her so as to know her mind

Let her see a psychologist as others have said

Note: no amount of hatred,bitterness,contempt and unforgiveness can change the situation for the better. Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

This Girl Is Missing / The Will That Calmed My Friend / IVF Nigerian Babies: Twins, Triplets, Quadruplets (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.