Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:06 PM

Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation (17149 Views)

Ambrose Alli University Medical Students Forced To Sign An Undertaking / Fire Outbreak At Nile University’s Medical Building In Abuja / Cynthia Chizoba Okoye Graduates As Doctor From Tulane University Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by ralphberry(m): 4:19pm On Apr 16, 2018
Ksudr:
Kogi state university medical students are currently in the school senate building protesting for the accreditation of the faculty of medicine that has not been accredited by the medical council for 5 years now.. The students has been in the faculty for 7 years without professional examination to qualify them for clinical training in the teaching hospital.

pls take this to front page for the world to see it.
We really need the government to expedite actions to Accrediting the college.
Gush what a pity state... I feel u guys pain its high time for government and school management to do the useful needs to provide adequate facilities and equipment to get the course accredited.

1 Like

Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by Geesaintagape: 4:23pm On Apr 16, 2018
I still wonder hw pers would decide to fill in such school as university of choice for admission. Is it out of ignorance or out of faith. Jambites should learn to mak enquiries b4 jumping into dead traps. It happened in ESUTH pple spent 15yrs reading medicine.it happened in Delsu n now kogi. This is an opportunity 4 jambites to learn.
Sorry for the victims

2 Likes

Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by olu690(m): 4:24pm On Apr 16, 2018
The name kogi state irritates me, and someone bought jamb form filled kogi state uni (ksu) For medicine it almost a boundage that only God can bring them outof
Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by Austeeenxx: 4:24pm On Apr 16, 2018
officialviaj:
I am a kogi state university medical student. I got admitted to study medicine in 2012 and for the past 6years I have been in 300level, we have been hearing stories from both the government and the school, "that we are working on it", "we should read our books". We have stagnated and suffered emotionally. I weep daily!. The last governor of kogi state Governor Idris Wada, instead of upgrading the secondary health facility in the university village(kogi state diagnostic hospital in anyigba) to a teaching hospital he went and started his own pet project (build a new hospital from the scratch) which he didn't complete, it's now an abandoned project. The new Governor of the state, Governor Yahaya Bello set up a committee for accreditation of the college of medicine and for the past 4years he has been in power I tell you my reader no block has been laid, and I don't know if I would graduate in the next 10years. Some medical students have even threaten to commit suicide because of the humiliation and frustration. We are frustrated and our parents are in pains.... Help share this post as much as possible let people know about our plight.
#saveksumedicine
#saveksumeds
#fairplusfairaccreditation

Wait, what?!?!
You're still in 300 level after 6 years?
Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by Geesaintagape: 4:27pm On Apr 16, 2018
I still wonder hw pers would decide to fill in such school as university of choice for admission. Is it out of ignorance or out of faith. Jambites should learn to mak enquiries b4 jumping into dead traps. It happened in ESUTH pple spent 15yrs reading medicine.it happened in Delsu n now kogi. This is an opportunity 4 jambites to learn.
Sorry for the victims.continue ur struggle b4 school fees would hike while still in 300L
Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by Geesaintagape: 4:32pm On Apr 16, 2018
officialviaj:
I am a kogi state university medical student. I got admitted to study medicine in 2012 and for the past 6years I have been in 300level, we have been hearing stories from both the government and the school, "that we are working on it", "we should read our books". We have stagnated and suffered emotionally. I weep daily!. The last governor of kogi state Governor Idris Wada, instead of upgrading the secondary health facility in the university village(kogi state diagnostic hospital in anyigba) to a teaching hospital he went and started his own pet project (build a new hospital from the scratch) which he didn't complete, it's now an abandoned project. The new Governor of the state, Governor Yahaya Bello set up a committee for accreditation of the college of medicine and for the past 4years he has been in power I tell you my reader no block has been laid, and I don't know if I would graduate in the next 10years. Some medical students have even threaten to commit suicide because of the humiliation and frustration. We are frustrated and our parents are in pains.... Help share this post as much as possible let people know about our plight.
#saveksumedicine
#saveksumeds
Why chose to enter the school from the beginning. ?
Was it accredited b4?
U will b their the state govt increase school fees if care is not taken
Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by idu1(m): 4:34pm On Apr 16, 2018
Kogi state tell you say she get medical school and you believe her?
Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by kessco206: 4:38pm On Apr 16, 2018
Wat kind of life is dis... Kogi government give us accreditation... Enough is a enough.. Stop using our life to play politics... Enough of all dis lies nd sweet mouth talk....

1 Like

Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by phenzy(m): 4:44pm On Apr 16, 2018
I gained admsn into another faculty barely 2yrs after u guys and nw I graduated before u guys.....I pray God intervene sha

1 Like

Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by sonofoluku: 4:48pm On Apr 16, 2018
officialviaj:
#saveksumedicine
#saveksumeds

What kind of a student are you?Yahaya Bello has been in office for only 3 years na...
Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by danuzochukwu: 5:03pm On Apr 16, 2018
But why should they had admitted students in that college of medicine since five years ago, with out the approval or accreditation? students need to be very careful about the courses they choose in the schools in other not to waste so many resources and time studying with out getting the result at the end of day.

1 Like

Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by Bjergtrolde: 5:07pm On Apr 16, 2018
Ksudr:
Kogi state university medical students are currently in the school senate building protesting for the accreditation of the faculty of medicine that has not been accredited by the medical council for 5 years now.. The students has been in the faculty for 7 years without professional examination to qualify them for clinical training in the teaching hospital.

Why don't they arrange with another accredited medical school to have them take that school's exit exam? Lazy school management.
Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by Ksudr(m): 5:20pm On Apr 16, 2018
officialviaj:
#saveksumedicine
#saveksumeds

This is just exactly the situation of things in the College. Governor Yahaya Bello pls comman do something.. We are suffering. We deserve better treatment having paid school fees and accommodate fees every yrs
Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by officialviaj: 5:38pm On Apr 16, 2018
it's painful

Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by MrEgghead(m): 5:42pm On Apr 16, 2018
Ksudr:

This depicts the pitiable state of Nigeria's education system..The Medical and Dental council has failed in its onus to carry out its functions and activities professionally.
I think we need an overhaul in that regulatory agency.
Why would a sane tertiary institution commit the abominable mistake of admitting students when formal approval of accreditation has not been granted thereby subjecting students to hardship, lamentations and uncertain future.
I'd advice the students and persons affected to utilise the availability of social media outlets to air their grievances locally and internationally if need be.
The most ironic is that the students probably are still subjected to paying school fees and other charges, this is terrible and impulsive.
And this is an eye opener to prospectives of medical schools in Nigeria to make comprehensive enquiries on any medical school they wish to pick to avoid unnecessary lamentations and frustration.
Personally, I advice against state medical schools.

cc: lalasticala, fynestboi, mynd44. This deserves front page.
Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by officialviaj: 5:46pm On Apr 16, 2018
Governor Yahaya Bello help us. More pictures about the struggle. Give us accreditation so that we would graduate as doctors! Destinies are on the line!!!!

1 Like

Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by davidoyibo: 5:53pm On Apr 16, 2018
It is the duty of every school and government to do good on its promises to graduate medical doctors.Give us accreditation, it is our right

1 Like

Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 16, 2018
Absolutely pathetic situation......we came in as boys and girls, we have become men and women, and they expect us to still react as children.

the CMD of the NON FUNCTIONAL kogi state teaching hospital has his daughter attending ABUAD medical school, we started before her,now. she is our senior, he would rather sacrifice our future,as he uses the salary he earns from our stagnation to foot her bills

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by Ksudr(m): 5:56pm On Apr 16, 2018
sakaguchi:
This is unacceptable. continue the struggle brother.

I see you my Caucus leader.
You input is highly needed in our situation.
Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by Ksudr(m): 6:04pm On Apr 16, 2018
Bjergtrolde:

Why don't they arrange with another accredited medical school to have them take that school's exit exam? Lazy school management.

They only transferred the pioneer set back to 200l in other medical schs.. Leaving like 4 sets behind and unattended to.

1 Like

Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by Ksudr(m): 6:07pm On Apr 16, 2018
MrEgghead:
This depicts the pitiable state of Nigeria's education system..The Medical and Dental council has failed in its onus to carry out its functions and activities professionally.
I think we need an overhaul in that regulatory agency.
Why would a sane tertiary institution commit the abominable mistake of admitting students when formal approval of accreditation has not been granted thereby subjecting students to hardship, lamentations and uncertain future.
I'd advice the students and persons affected to utilise the availability of social media outlets to air their grievances locally and internationally if need be.
The most ironic is that the students probably are still subjected to paying school fees and other charges, this is terrible and impulsive.
And this is an eye opener to prospectives of medical schools in Nigeria to make comprehensive enquiries on any medical school they wish to pick to avoid unnecessary lamentations and frustration.
Personally, I advice against state medical schools.

cc: lalasticala, fynestboi, mynd44. This deserves front page.

Nothing can be more truer than this. I appreciate you bro. We will do our best to stop this mess already.
Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by Ksudr(m): 6:09pm On Apr 16, 2018
Greyparadox:
Absolutely pathetic situation......we came in as boys and girls, we have become men and women, and they expect us to still react as children.

the CMD of the NON FUNCTIONAL kogi state teaching hospital has his daughter attending ABUAD medical school, we started before her,now. she is our senior, he would rather sacrifice our future,as he uses the salary he earns from our stagnation to foot her bills

This again is true. So pathetic.. We would keep to the struggle.. Protest continues
Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by MrEgghead(m): 6:18pm On Apr 16, 2018
Ksudr:

Nothing can be more truer than this. I appreciate you bro. We will do our best to stop this mess already.
Whatever measures you're taking, execute them diligently. The only language our governments understand is mass reproach and backlash. You guys should besiege state govt house and write to honest and reputable TV stations, I'm sure they will pick it up from there. I understand your yearnings, frustrations and anguish and I pray the storm will be over very soon.

1 Like

Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by Okezedan(m): 6:19pm On Apr 16, 2018
Why wound you go to kogi state uni to study medicine @all? Dats a wrong move
Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by thesicilian: 6:22pm On Apr 16, 2018
InvertedHammer:
/
Didn't they know the programme was not accredited before they applied to the school?

People love to take unnecessary risks with their future.

\
Don't mind them. They are not as smart as they think they are.

1 Like

Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by mukthar2000(m): 6:38pm On Apr 16, 2018
when governor can not pay the workers, what do u expect, protesting continue jareee students。
Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by jaychubi: 7:48pm On Apr 16, 2018
officialviaj:
#saveksumedicine
#saveksumeds

Receive sense

Y not graduate in microbiology or biochemistry and come back to do medicine as second degree in an accredited school
Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by uloewa: 8:38pm On Apr 16, 2018
The teaching hospital wada started would have been completed by now if bello had use the money meant for it but instead he stole the money. Everybody is paying for ganging up against wada. The man was good and had good plans for the state. What a sad story

1 Like

Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by akum78: 9:04pm On Apr 16, 2018
SCIENCE STUDENTS ....
Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by DEADALIVE: 9:30pm On Apr 16, 2018
kogi state university is the most highly glorified and stupefied secondary school tagged high institution to citadel of learning. Their problems ranges from poor maladministration, bribery and cultism between lecturers and students, lackadaisical attitude towards achievable academic calendar.
As I write this all the students who got admission three years ago and are now in their respective new levels have not seen their cgpa but the inglorious VC keeps collecting tuition fee while he can not control the affairs of the school.
The students write their exams only to see their names pasted on the dilapidate departmental notice board a week to their first paper after a year they wrote the exam without even seen the grade that they are having carry over.
My concern is Nigeria as country has no basic rudiments for education as all the concerns body to regulate and supervise the universities in the country have all gone to sleep.
Why will a school with no accreditation of a particular course for 6 years continue to function abysmally and the NUC did not see need to shut it down.
Just before I pen down, I think its high time students forgot about selfish interest and protest hard and also fight for what is entitle to them legally.

1 Like

Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by samine: 11:06pm On Apr 16, 2018
Bezos:
Good afternoon people.

I made an earlier post here www.nairaland.com/4450663/cant-drop-out-now about my plight, and today, I missed my first paper today because of no school fees, and tomorrow, another paper will be coming up, which I can't afford to miss.

I still don't have the money for my school fees, please people help me. I am in fourth year and can't drop out now. Please. The fees is #45,340. Anything will help me. Thank you.

Here is my details.
Phone No 07056552843
Acct
Diamond Bank

Thank you very much.

Nawao
Re: Kogi State University Medical Students Protest Over Accreditation by akaahs(m): 11:17pm On Apr 16, 2018
Ikujefaith:
Its high time things had better changed. We are tired, depressed angry and frustrated. The whole issue has been treated with levity and no one seems to be giving attention to our condition. Time is not on our side at all!
Na una carry news waka come, na una dey make comments OK na make una continue. We go dey look at una

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aptech Computer Education, Uyo: The Unheard Afflictions Of Staff And Student / Lecturer Who Demands Sex For Higher Grades Risks 5 Years Jail Term–senate / Oau Admission List Is Out For 2011/2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.