Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,138 members, 7,780,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:05 AM

The Strength Of One Unselfish Man - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Strength Of One Unselfish Man (307 Views)

5 Important Tips To Building Mental Strength. / Strength / How your TONGUE either DESTROYS YOU or SERVES AS YOUR SOURCE OF STRENGTH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Strength Of One Unselfish Man by abiodunolarinre(m): 6:23pm On Apr 16, 2018
My weekend was meant to be exciting but pondering on what men are doing individually and how little I am doing made me loose appetite for a number of things last weekend. However I became even more resolute about my convictions and the set goals.

My plan was to attend the apostolic invasion in Ogbomosho hosted by a very dear big brother but less than 24 hours to the event I was summoned to attend another social meet up event in Lagos. Not knowing exactly what to expect, I got myself ready and by 4:00am I was on the road.

We were hosted at a location on the extreme side of the Eko Atlantic and one after the other the young speakers spoke to us. They were all in their thirties and they had two things in common which is experience of hardship and determination to make the society better than they met it.

Kunle Adeyemi of Sterling Homes spoke about how the Holy Spirit made him drop a job offer from an oil company only for him find himself as a labourer in popular food market in Lagos. He also mentioned how he made a sale of about 3,000 plots of land in one day after just five minutes presentation at the UBA headquarters in Lagos, Nigeria which was only a miracle. One primary thing he emphasized was that "redemption is an advantage"

Then Issac David Balami of the the Seven Stars Hanger who was born and raised in Bornu State spoke of how he sold stick meat, suya, burger to pay his way through aviation school and how God has helped him to personally put over 400 Nigerians in school. He expressed with so much sadness how his individual effort to liberate an average youth has been challenged even by the northern elites who believe they own exclusive right to the good things of life.

Finally Marvina Newton who travelled down to Nigeria for the first time in 20 years brought a lot hope to aspiring social entrepreneurs who have projects that can benefit the poorest in the society.

All these account are stories of individual Nigerians who have every reason to give up on the country but have decided to pay their dues to God through humanity.
Culled from:
http://www.olarinrelawal.tk/2018/04/the-strength-of-one-unselfish-man.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Call For Entries Open For Christian Teen Writers / 5 Reasons Nigerians Should Visit Psychiatric Home / Alive In The Melody, Music And Remedy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.