Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,432 members, 7,781,261 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:25 AM

Ekiti's 1.5km Flyover Ready For Commissioning. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti's 1.5km Flyover Ready For Commissioning. (35095 Views)

Uncompleted Projects Slated For Commissioning During Buhari's Lagos Visit - PICS / Federal High Court Complex Port-Harcourt, Built By Wike Ready For Commissioning / Abule Egba Bridge Ready For Commissioning - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti's 1.5km Flyover Ready For Commissioning. by walezy14(m): 9:55am On Apr 17, 2018
wasting of resources and misplaced of priority.
Re: Ekiti's 1.5km Flyover Ready For Commissioning. by SortOut: 9:58am On Apr 17, 2018
Xander85:

He's caught between a rock and a hard place with these people...most likely sulking APC members.

Nice one Fayose! The flyover looks sexy, and will help improve traffic flow in the area, not to mention the skyline of Ado-Ekiti!

That's the issue, which traffic? I reside at Ado Ekiti and it would have been better if the dual carriage roads were really built as standard size. Park a car, and it becomes single carriage. Old garage/ Oja Oba axis should be expanded, that's where traffic is.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti's 1.5km Flyover Ready For Commissioning. by coluka: 10:09am On Apr 17, 2018
nNEOo:
My brothers calm the Bleep-down,

he constructd that primitive looking bridge with tax payers money!

My brothers i beg u all to calm down and stop insulting yourselves under the pretence of quoting me.

Some1 askd me and i quote
''If he chose to embezle the money than construct this bridge,what will i do''

The answer to that question is the state of our country.

You like it?
Abeg shut the fvck up!! People like you allow primordial sentiments to becloud your reasoning. If it were one of the APC governors that did same thing you will be here praising him to high heavens. People that reason the way u do are the ones holding this country down

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti's 1.5km Flyover Ready For Commissioning. by micmond: 10:10am On Apr 17, 2018
Firgemachar:

There are other more pressing things he could do with the money. And I guess it's borrowed money.

That flyover is among the pressing need of Ekiti people. At least he started a project and completed it, without leaving it to his successor.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti's 1.5km Flyover Ready For Commissioning. by famtaiwo(m): 10:15am On Apr 17, 2018
God bless d pple's gov, apesin pogun pote of Ekiti land!!

1 Like

Re: Ekiti's 1.5km Flyover Ready For Commissioning. by Afamed: 10:18am On Apr 17, 2018
desmond2pk:
Which one ambode build? None. Painting bus stops here and there. Dirty every corner in lagos.
You mean which bridge did Ambode build? It shows you have never being to Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti's 1.5km Flyover Ready For Commissioning. by martineverest(m): 10:22am On Apr 17, 2018
what's the vehicular movement that made fayose construct flyover?

ado ekiti population is too small to warrant a flyover
Re: Ekiti's 1.5km Flyover Ready For Commissioning. by maxiuc(m): 10:23am On Apr 17, 2018
Flyovers wey dey owerri cars no dey climb am Dem say Dem no trust That Rochas okorocha flyovers e fit collapse

1 Like

Re: Ekiti's 1.5km Flyover Ready For Commissioning. by Mofe72: 10:25am On Apr 17, 2018
Africa and mediocrity.

Built a fly-over, a necessity for easy traffic flow.

And people are jubilating in friggin 2018.

SMH.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti's 1.5km Flyover Ready For Commissioning. by pafisayo(m): 10:27am On Apr 17, 2018
[quote author=SortOut post=66782394]

That's the issue, which traffic? I reside at Ado Ekiti and it would have been better if the dual carriage roads were really built as standard size. Park a car, and it becomes single carriage. Old garage/ Oja Oba axis should be expanded, that's where traffic is.[/quot

Prior to it’s construction that lane from textile to okesha can conveniently accommodate 6cars simultaneously (both lanes)
-Traffic in Ado which is the state metropolis is mostly situated around old garage not Fajuyi ( fajuyi had a round junction from time #from textile both ways - from fajuyi to adebayo both ways - okesha both ways - bank road both ways .
- the impact of this bridge” it can now accommodate 8 cars both ways that’s just 2 more than what the previous structure normally takes, it obviously does add some sort of beauty to the Metropolis but the bridge itself is a death trap and if we are being sincere with ourself you would agree that the only reason why they can’t demarcate the bridge is cos using a pillar of concrete to spilt it into two wud make it difficult for vehicles that are most SUV like armada! Pathfinder etc to conveniently use the bridge hence they resulted to using road markers reflector .... basically the bridge is pretty small ( yes it beautifies yes it can take 8 cars now as of 6 d previous road structure will yes it’s a death trap theirs noting protecting car A from the right and car B from the left )
- for a state that Relies on what ever Tax they get from Afebabalola’s establishment’ traders involved in all kinds of businesses, Tax from banks(most are forced like we all know reason GTBank is closed down in ado and even inside Eksu) and also what ever indirect tax the state gets from majority of its citizens who happens to be civil servants but they don’t get paid regularly and most of their kids are also schooling in the state higher institutions yet they have to pay their kids school fees so they don’t lose admission or be refused to write their exams - I think it’s unfair to use the states money for a huge project like the bridge cos it’s got no economic advantage I think the project was earmarked for 5.something billion but it’s in its final stage and it’s gulped almost over 15billion .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti's 1.5km Flyover Ready For Commissioning. by CodeTemplar: 10:30am On Apr 17, 2018
elpj:
Lovely. That's what we call development
That's luxury also.
Re: Ekiti's 1.5km Flyover Ready For Commissioning. by Lipscomb(m): 10:33am On Apr 17, 2018
desmond2pk:
Which one ambode build? None. Painting bus stops here and there. Dirty every corner in lagos.
I'm sure you're not a lagosian .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekiti's 1.5km Flyover Ready For Commissioning. by Afamed: 10:53am On Apr 17, 2018
Lipscomb:
I'm sure you're not a lagosian .
He's commenting from his uga/ Enugu ezike community far away in the east. kindly ignore him.
Re: Ekiti's 1.5km Flyover Ready For Commissioning. by Thatnawtichick(f): 10:57am On Apr 17, 2018
Nice one.... But to be honest this ain't what ekiti needs.....bridge that children have turn to play ground....How many cars dey ekiti sef....Education means nothing to him lipsrsealed
Re: Ekiti's 1.5km Flyover Ready For Commissioning. by KingMicky3286: 11:26am On Apr 17, 2018
kinibigdeal:

If he doesn't do anything you will claim he only cut pormo. Can Zombies ever be satisfied ? Click like for YES and share for NO

Hahaha See question... Are you on Question Nigeria ? www.questionnigeria.com check it out and ask so many questions...
Re: Ekiti's 1.5km Flyover Ready For Commissioning. by Timmyspy(m): 11:29am On Apr 17, 2018
Skhibanj1015:
Only if you guys take a trip to my darling state Ekiti, the bridge is so unnecessary but what can we say.
I weep for my state. Overhead bridge is used to curb gridlocks in heavy traffic environments but I want you guys to know that no gridlock is experienced where he constructed the flyover. Can it be compared to post office flyover in Ilorin? No!
Let him just go!

Hope you know that most of the interior road in western Nigeria was constructed by Awolowo when there were practically no body living there.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti's 1.5km Flyover Ready For Commissioning. by OsasAca1(m): 11:31am On Apr 17, 2018
Afamed:

You mean which bridge did Ambode build? It shows you have never being to Lagos.

Which Bridge Ambode build na... Answer please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekiti's 1.5km Flyover Ready For Commissioning. by Toyinsbtc: 11:32am On Apr 17, 2018
Why do we celwbrate things like this, what is the imapct of a flyover in a state like ekiti where ntn moves its economy, where there is no investment in human capital..remove salary from ekiti state and it crumbles.. And we here celebrating what has no effect in the lives of pple, infact that plqce has no congestion interms of traffic and doesnt need a flyover...

Bill gate has said it to us again, if we dont invest in human capital there is a problem ahead
Re: Ekiti's 1.5km Flyover Ready For Commissioning. by bammy777(m): 11:37am On Apr 17, 2018
Firgemachar:

There are other more pressing things he could do with the money. And I guess it's borrowed money.
you are guessing. lol and your arguing with guess work. Pele ooooo

1 Like

Re: Ekiti's 1.5km Flyover Ready For Commissioning. by Leriland(m): 11:37am On Apr 17, 2018
Security and the Nigeria Economy is my priority , not the 2019 election -BUHARI
President Mohammadu Buhari during his meeting with the British prime minister at her office in London yesterday made it known that he was more worried about the state of Nigeria’s security and the economy than the 2019 election, which he declared last week that he intends to recontest.
The president, who made the remark while holding bilateral talks with the prime minister, recalled that his administration was propelled by a three a point campaign agenda: security, anti corruption fight and economic revival.

According to him, as the 2019 elections draw near, politicians are preoccupied with the forthcoming polls while he was more bothered by the state of the nation’s security and economy.
Read more
http://delenewsonline.com/security-and-the-nigeria-economy-is-my-priority-not-the-2019-election-buhari/
Re: Ekiti's 1.5km Flyover Ready For Commissioning. by david22uu(m): 11:37am On Apr 17, 2018
dermmy:

The only comment that makes sense here.

Big bro.... i Lor u bro
Re: Ekiti's 1.5km Flyover Ready For Commissioning. by bammy777(m): 11:38am On Apr 17, 2018
Ussy4real:
Only in Nigeria we regard flyover as development
Oga USA, what's the dictionary meaning of development?

1 Like

Re: Ekiti's 1.5km Flyover Ready For Commissioning. by bammy777(m): 11:44am On Apr 17, 2018
iamdynamite:
wow, so it took him 3years to construct a 1.5km bridge, oshokomole indeed, apart from this what else are his achievements as the state governor..he is a joke of a governor, only achievement is his staunch criticism of buhari..shiooor
lol. people are very funny so because they said the bridge is ready for commissioning,Now it means that's his only achievement? lol you people will be accessing issues without researching about the issue lol. Pele enh

1 Like

Re: Ekiti's 1.5km Flyover Ready For Commissioning. by Lipscomb(m): 11:55am On Apr 17, 2018
cheesy grin cheesy grin
Afamed:

He's commenting from his uga/ Enugu ezike community far away in the east. kindly ignore him.
Re: Ekiti's 1.5km Flyover Ready For Commissioning. by tiger28: 12:27pm On Apr 17, 2018
AFTER almost 4 years of "buying and cutting" ponmo and tomato?This fayose is a joker!
Re: Ekiti's 1.5km Flyover Ready For Commissioning. by gannod(m): 12:45pm On Apr 17, 2018
maxiuc:
Flyovers wey dey owerri cars no dey climb am Dem say Dem no trust That Rochas okorocha flyovers e fit collapse

grin grin grin
Re: Ekiti's 1.5km Flyover Ready For Commissioning. by Afamed: 12:54pm On Apr 17, 2018
OsasAca1:

Which Bridge Ambode build na... Answer please
Hide your face if you are asking me to tell you which bridge Ambode has built in Lagos. Or you are also commenting from your Awka etiti / Umunachi village. I have lost the count of bridges and fly overs he built since he came. Even the ones under Construction are too many for me to remember.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti's 1.5km Flyover Ready For Commissioning. by Firgemachar: 1:13pm On Apr 17, 2018
bammy777:
you are guessing. lol and your arguing with guess work. Pele ooooo

I know for sure that a 1.5km bridge is not the problem of Ekiti state at this time.
Re: Ekiti's 1.5km Flyover Ready For Commissioning. by otabaotaba: 1:48pm On Apr 17, 2018
They should have taken this pics in the day time instead of night so we can assertain the true status of the environment
Re: Ekiti's 1.5km Flyover Ready For Commissioning. by izuzu: 1:58pm On Apr 17, 2018
Many of you saying nice things here about Fayose have never even been to Ekiti!!! You just listen to him on TVs and Newspapers publicly antagonizing Buhari ( rightly so sometimes though) and that makes you believe he is a messiah!

Hear This:

The whole traffic in Ado Ekiti put together is not up to one tenth of Oshodi traffic.
The longest you can stay in the maddest traffic in Ado Ekiti is 15mins.
The bridge is a STRAIGHT BRIDGE,BUILT LITERALLY ABOVE another straight road with no significant/traffic prone junction/intersection underneath (you can confirm this from the posted pictures).
There is no notable place connected to the bridge except the GOVERNOR'S OFFICE and A POLICE STATION!!!

My Point:

Obviously, the money spent on this "purple elephant on a red carpet" could have been used to alleviate the people's poverty many of which are owed months of salary arrears ( 80% of indigenes are civil servants or/and farmers)

I am not saying all these particularly to discredit Govnor Fayose but to sensitize people here,esp the youths, to rise above pettiness and image glorification at the expense of our social well being and future security!!!
We are all contributors to our dear Nation's downfall with such orientation as this!!
Re: Ekiti's 1.5km Flyover Ready For Commissioning. by deomelo: 2:05pm On Apr 17, 2018
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5535356_cracks1_jpeg1d491ab30bff0af18de8dcc8ac3d8287

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5535357_cracks3_jpegfe073bd3110e1c3eaf2ee3d550600d8f

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5535358_cracks2_jpegb7c83461acd888f4ec1780c44d5a5ddd

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5535359_cracks_jpeg987e4c42e7eeb9b84d212523344a882d

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5536748_br_jpegc8117c630082344e94d7be0bf2d0edc6

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6515274_fbimg1515257544802_jpeg7ab599e711f29cc8b8b0ec23f36d1372

Obviously, Fayose is one of the most useless and incompetent governors in Nigeria and even sef, this bridge is a waste of resources because it's not a critical or needed infrastructure at the moment, but the bridge at least is a better and quality built bridge and not like the 1 year old crumbling, mediocre and substandard death trap obiano bridge in anambra village.
Re: Ekiti's 1.5km Flyover Ready For Commissioning. by Akinola2543(m): 3:05pm On Apr 17, 2018
iamdynamite:
wow, so it took him 3years to construct a 1.5km bridge, oshokomole indeed, apart from this what else are his achievements as the state governor..he is a joke of a governor, only achievement is his staunch criticism of buhari..shiooor
go to the state and see for yourself................ at least it better compared to one APC Governor that embezzled 10bn just to plant flowers in the state capital alone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Are Disappointed With Nigeria’s 2019 General Elections — US / Fact Check: Viral Drone Video Of Bandits Is From Kenya, Not Nigeria / FG To Pay Nigerians Transport Allowance After Fuel Subsidy Removal- Zainab Ahmed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.