Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,842 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets (31339 Views)

Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Lagos (Photo) / Nigerian Guy Shares Video Of Men Committing Suicide In China After Losing Bets. / HIV Positive Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Rivers State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by YINKS89(m): 10:37pm On Apr 16, 2018
Lols.... Dey wld not hre... Bet with d money dat would not pain u.
Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by allanphash7(m): 10:38pm On Apr 16, 2018
Always stake responsibly

Dont stake more than what you cannot afford to lose

Sorry for you bro
Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by Tonimagnificent: 10:38pm On Apr 16, 2018
dre11:

http://thenationonlineng.net/man-25-commit-suicide-over-football-betting/

dis guy nid 2 b resurrected nd beaten 2 death again. stupidity at its peak. there is no sure gamble in dis world. YOU ARE A FOOL!!!

3 Likes

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by Flashh: 10:39pm On Apr 16, 2018
A round of applause for the zombie.

1 Like

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by abatically(m): 10:42pm On Apr 16, 2018
And some people will be shouting ban bbn ban bbn as if that's the cause of our problems, but they won't see anything wrong in football lol. Before anyone quote me wrong, I love football and haven't missed watching my team play for many years now. But if someone can be asking 'what does bbn teach us' then he should aslo be asking what has football taught us. At least bbn has never led to anyone dying, but we have seen many people commit suicide because of football. Yes, betting has become so popular in Nigeria because of football, this same betting has led to many deaths.

1 Like

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by Awoofawo(m): 10:44pm On Apr 16, 2018
kereman1:
Afonja republic.
Bet 9ja is for d strong hearted
Olodo.....wey no sabi read......you no hear say na you bro from Alaigbo the dead guy be so... Oponu radarada!

2 Likes

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by Joshua070(m): 10:46pm On Apr 16, 2018
grin cheesy
Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by krazychidori(m): 10:48pm On Apr 16, 2018
What a waste of life! Come to think of it, child dedication was conducted after this birth waste of time and resources!
Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by ipobarecriminals: 10:48pm On Apr 16, 2018
sad sad sad angry very good.Stop. betting, mbanu!i stake 200 naira hoping to win 3 million. overnight. Betting. is not the way out of ur misfortune.

2 Likes

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by softprick: 10:50pm On Apr 16, 2018
3 things I hate for this life

1, betting
2, to owe persin money
3, when people call me Kelvin instead of Kevin (sometimes dem go read am for your passport or documents still spell am as Kelvin)

2 Likes

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by brojoshua: 10:51pm On Apr 16, 2018
Sacrificed himself to the gods of football and money
Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by sonofthunder: 10:56pm On Apr 16, 2018
kereman1:
Afonja republic. Bet 9ja is for d strong hearted
An eyewitness who said not many people was aware of the incident disclosed that the development devastated the deceased’s Igbo kinsmen in the area who lamented the action of the man. #saynototribalism.

1 Like

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by einsteine(m): 10:58pm On Apr 16, 2018
PMWSpirit:
My question- can the other guy who won the bet be charged with second degree murder hence gambling is illegal, which in turn caused psychological trauma leading to the death of a man ??
Just wondering tho

Not at all.

That sort of gambling is neither illegal or legal.
Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by obidede4life: 11:00pm On Apr 16, 2018
Onechancearmy:
angry
the guy used the mark of the beast to play bet he's now in hell
Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by CSTR1003: 11:02pm On Apr 16, 2018
I lost the N15000 naira I staked with that day .

The sad memory is just coming back strong again. angry

2 Likes

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by onyeali(m): 11:08pm On Apr 16, 2018
[quote author=PMWSpirit post=66773124] My question- can the other guy who won the bet be charged with second degree murder hence gambling is illegal, which in turn caused psychological trauma leading to the death of a man ??
Just wondering tho

Betting is not illegal.Hence the other cannot be charge for second degree murder.
Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by ginis: 11:20pm On Apr 16, 2018
Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by ohem007(m): 11:21pm On Apr 16, 2018
Now i wonder how that nigga with the bike is gon be feeling riding a dead man's bike.....

Boasting of something you aint sure off......

No game sure o.... Na only death dey 100% sure

4 Likes

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by TheKingIsHere: 11:22pm On Apr 16, 2018
kereman1:
Afonja republic.
Bet 9ja is for d strong hearted

The guy that killed himself is actually an Igbo man that resides in kwara state.

Learn to read
Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by openmine(m): 11:22pm On Apr 16, 2018
Betting can be rewarding and at the same time demoralising....
Even the bet companies always insist on people staking with funds that they are willing to lose....

In the case of the deceased,he foolishly staked his "source of livelihood" on a match that was determined by three outcomes: A Loss,A Draw and A Win...

...Nothing is certain....Even Manchester United fans will tell U they never expected a shock loss at "The theatre of dreams" to an already relegated and finished west Bromwich team....

3 Likes

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by brookz: 11:24pm On Apr 16, 2018
Coward! Coward!! Coward!!!

You will never make Heaven.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by Nobody: 11:34pm On Apr 16, 2018
Sure over 2.5 wey him for play.
Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by concho(m): 11:38pm On Apr 16, 2018
abatically:
And some people will be shouting ban bbn ban bbn as if that's the cause of our problems, but they won't see anything wrong in football lol. Before anyone quote me wrong, I love football and haven't missed watching my team play for many years now. But if someone can be asking 'what does bbn teach us' then he should aslo be asking what has football taught us. At least bbn has never led to anyone dying, but we have seen many people commit suicide because of football. Yes, betting has become so popular in Nigeria because of football, this same betting has led to many deaths.
Did you inherit ur mumuness or you learnt it?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by concho(m): 11:40pm On Apr 16, 2018
softprick:
3 things I hate for this life

1, betting
2, to owe persin money
3, when people call me Kelvin instead of Kevin (sometimes dem go read am for your passport or documents still spell am as Kelvin)
Softprick
Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by kingcheks(m): 11:56pm On Apr 16, 2018
Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by concho(m): 12:00am On Apr 17, 2018
YINKS89:
Lols.... Dey wld not hre... Bet with d money dat would not pain u.
I read your comment 10 times to understand what you were trying to say

1 Like

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by CEO07(m): 1:38am On Apr 17, 2018
CHAI ! R.I.P
Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by chijokz(m): 2:11am On Apr 17, 2018
PMWSpirit:
My question- can the other guy who won the bet be charged with second degree murder hence gambling is illegal, which in turn caused psychological trauma leading to the death of a man ??
Just wondering tho
Good thought and also where the deceased family can sue the winner and the betting company..but not applicable in Naija.
Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by iamtardey: 2:47am On Apr 17, 2018
now that you don kill yourself because of what Messi and Barça takes as a game... i hope you carry your bet slip to wherever you are now

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Woman Accused Of Killing Her Neighbour In Abia, Made To Swear With The Corpse / DPO Battered By Female UBA Banker In Lagos Hospitalised / Two Arrested For Offering Police Officer N500,000 Bribe In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.