Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,194 members, 7,807,661 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

Is It Right For Your Girlfriend To Sleep Over At Your Parents House? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right For Your Girlfriend To Sleep Over At Your Parents House? (1971 Views)

Does A Sleep Over Mean We Will Probably Have Sex? / My Friend Wants To Come To My Parents House With His Girlfriend To Have Sex. / Zimbabwean Woman Caught Sleeping With A 13-Year-Old Boy In His Parents' House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For Your Girlfriend To Sleep Over At Your Parents House? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Apr 16, 2018
I've always wanted to ask this question. Now now I have a friend of mine, who lives in his parents house but has his own separate house in the compound. It's more like a boys squatter is allocated to him with a room, a parlour kitchen and toilet inside.he is 23 years of age. He is still a student but a final year student of medical laboratory. Now he gets serious issues about he bringing his girlfriend over to visit him and the house because he thinks it's his parents house and it's going to be bad and right now he doesn't have enough money to purchase or to rent a house. So I am trying to ask this, is it better to always take your girlfriend to a hotel and pay for a hotel or any time you guys have to see or is it considerably better or so to allow your girlfriend to be in your parents house if you stay off from your parents not the same room not the sample you guys don't sleep at all?
Re: Is It Right For Your Girlfriend To Sleep Over At Your Parents House? by techwahala: 12:49am On Apr 17, 2018
it all depends sha
Re: Is It Right For Your Girlfriend To Sleep Over At Your Parents House? by PrimadonnaO(f): 2:59am On Apr 17, 2018
But she mustn't sleep over. She shouldn't even sleep over if the family lives in the compound. Some families are wonderful. They could just from there start regarding her as a loose girl.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Your Girlfriend To Sleep Over At Your Parents House? by prechbills1(m): 3:18am On Apr 17, 2018
CHESTER48:
I've always wanted to ask this question. Now now I have a friend of mine, who lives in his parents house but has his own separate house in the compound. It's more like a boys squatter is allocated to him with a room, a parlour kitchen and toilet inside.he is 23 years of age. He is still a student but a final year student of medical laboratory. Now he gets serious issues about he bringing his girlfriend over to visit him and the house because he thinks it's his parents house and it's going to be bad and right now he doesn't have enough money to purchase or to rent a house. So I am trying to ask this, is it better to always take your girlfriend to a hotel and pay for a hotel or any time you guys have to see or is it considerably better or so to allow your girlfriend to be in your parents house if you stay off from your parents not the same room not the sample you guys don't sleep at all?

I don't know where this mentality came from.
you expect the guys to rent their own homes but the ladies still live with their parents.

70% of Nigerian girls can't afford house rent, they're still living with their parents.

there's nothing wrong in her sleeping there.

unless the guy is cursed with African mentality.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Your Girlfriend To Sleep Over At Your Parents House? by Sarang(f): 3:20am On Apr 17, 2018
PrimadonnaO:
But she mustn't sleep over. She shouldn't even sleep over if the family lives in the compound. Some families are wonderful. They could just from there start regarding her as a loose girl.

When I saw wonderful.. I didnt even know what was coming again
Re: Is It Right For Your Girlfriend To Sleep Over At Your Parents House? by tetula123(m): 3:48am On Apr 17, 2018
Visit Warri, even in a one room apartment a guy might bring his girlfriend to live with them.
I still wonder how I grew up there.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Your Girlfriend To Sleep Over At Your Parents House? by Nobody: 8:16am On Apr 17, 2018
To me I don't see it as a bad stuff. But the way people take it, is now overwhelming, cause taking a girl to a hotel means money spent, taking her to bar also means money spent, instead why not at the guys house?
Re: Is It Right For Your Girlfriend To Sleep Over At Your Parents House? by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:30am On Apr 17, 2018
Sarang:

When I saw wonderful.. I didnt even know what was coming again

Lol... cheesy
Re: Is It Right For Your Girlfriend To Sleep Over At Your Parents House? by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:35am On Apr 17, 2018
prechbills1:

don't know where this mentality came from.
you
expect the guys to rent their own homes but the ladies still live with their parents.

70% of Nigerian girls can't afford house rent, they're still living with their parents.

there's nothing wrong in her sleeping there.

unless the guy is cursed with African mentality.

Please, it's okay for a spinster to be in her parent's house. She's a lady that is necessarily under her father, and ideally, the man who wants to marry her comes to her father's house to seek her hand in marriage. That's the culture.

But that isn't the case for a man. A man looking at settling down should have begun the process of leaving his parents...And setting up a home in preparation to start his own family.
Re: Is It Right For Your Girlfriend To Sleep Over At Your Parents House? by Nobody: 8:39am On Apr 17, 2018
PrimadonnaO:

Please, it's okay for an unmarried spinster to be in her parent's house. She's a lady that is necessarily under her father, and ideally, the man who wants to marry her comes to her father's house to seek her hand in marriage. That's the culture.

But that isn't the case for a man. A man looking at settling down should have begun the process of leaving his parents...And setting up a home in preparation to start his own family.
so women don't also start a family? It has to be only the men. I wonder where you Nigerians are getting this mentality. Why?
Because its a woman now she doesn't have to make money and pack out too? Nawaoo
Besides what do I know!

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Your Girlfriend To Sleep Over At Your Parents House? by BrideOfDracula(f): 8:51am On Apr 17, 2018
It's obviously not an ideal or respectful situation, but it happens.

Where I come from it's a norm for a guy of a certain age (late teens) to live in the backroom & bring his girlfriend over. I think the parents are aware, they just don't wanna see it. So it's not unusual for a girl to come in late at night when the parents are already asleep & for her to leave at dawn, right before everyone wakes up. A girl who is not your wife is not supposed to be seen or known by your parents, that's the culture or belief. You sneak her in & out before anyone sees her, to show respect for your parents. Most mothers will literally cuss you out as a girl if they find you in their house, hence it's always done discreetly.
Re: Is It Right For Your Girlfriend To Sleep Over At Your Parents House? by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 10:12am On Apr 17, 2018
PrimadonnaO:

Please, it's okay for an unmarried spinster to be in her parent's house. She's a lady that is necessarily under her father, and ideally, the man who wants to marry her comes to her father's house to seek her hand in marriage. That's the culture.

as long as a lady still lives with her parents there is nothing wrong with the guy living with his parents.
the lady can't afford house rent but she think the guy must be be able to afford house rent.
the man and the woman start the family together not the man alone, babe things are changing.
Re: Is It Right For Your Girlfriend To Sleep Over At Your Parents House? by Holysucker(m): 10:15am On Apr 17, 2018
PrimadonnaO:

U are mouthed...whats ur brand? Henessy vs/vsop,baileys,Smirnoff vodka,red label,or jack daniels.. choose ur choice pls

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Your Girlfriend To Sleep Over At Your Parents House? by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:38am On Apr 17, 2018
Holysucker:

U are mouthed...whats ur brand? Henessy vs/vsop,baileys,Smirnoff vodka,red label,or jack daniels.. choose ur choice pls

Lol. Just give me zobo. The others will knock me off!
Re: Is It Right For Your Girlfriend To Sleep Over At Your Parents House? by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:42am On Apr 17, 2018
CHESTER48:
so women don't also start a family? It has to be only the men. I wonder where you Nigerians are getting this mentality. Why?
Because its a woman now she doesn't have to make money and pack out too? Nawaoo
Besides what do I know!

No. You're getting it wrong. For a woman, it's not really about the money. She can move out if she wishes. But in a typical African home, the young woman remains in her father's house until she's married.

Lol. A woman starts a family in her husband's house.

I don't even know why I'm having to explain this. undecided

(1) (Reply)

I Am Traumatized! I Am Scared Of Going Into Any Relationship.. / How Do You Motivate Yourself To Approach A Girl? / See How 9ja Soldier Propose To His Corn Seller Girl Friend On The Street

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.