Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,465 members, 7,801,179 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

Man Given 80 Strokes Of Cane For Calling His Sister-in-law A Prostitute - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Given 80 Strokes Of Cane For Calling His Sister-in-law A Prostitute (21044 Views)

Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? / Man Impregnates His Sister In-law To Punish His "Abusive" Wife / 7 Virgins: Man Who Married His Sister In Anambra Undergoing Spiritual Cleansing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Given 80 Strokes Of Cane For Calling His Sister-in-law A Prostitute by mfm04622: 6:08am On Apr 17, 2018
Promismike:
Why is his brother's wife not flogged for calling him a drug addict and a thief? Is that not a defamation too?

Believed me this sharia court thing is barbaric and shouldn't be welcomed in a same society.

Did the man complain? Court only judges on what is before the court!
Re: Man Given 80 Strokes Of Cane For Calling His Sister-in-law A Prostitute by Nobody: 6:08am On Apr 17, 2018
ItsMeAboki:

How did you know he wasn't a thief and indeed a drug addict as alleged; since the issue did not seem to be in contention?
How did you know she's not actually promiscuous. Is it because she took to the court first?
Re: Man Given 80 Strokes Of Cane For Calling His Sister-in-law A Prostitute by hisgrace090: 6:10am On Apr 17, 2018
Hmm!

Islam?
Re: Man Given 80 Strokes Of Cane For Calling His Sister-in-law A Prostitute by mfm04622: 6:12am On Apr 17, 2018
whatmoreng:
So much injustice against men these days. She also tarnish his reputation by calling a thief n crackhead. That woman deserve her own lashes. Stupid judge.

Did the man contest the allegation? Judges only rule on what is before them. He agreed he called her a prostitute, he didn't contest he was a drug addict nor a thief.

3 Likes

Re: Man Given 80 Strokes Of Cane For Calling His Sister-in-law A Prostitute by Matican: 6:25am On Apr 17, 2018
prechbills1:

shut up and read the post again.. the bitch called him a drunk and a thief first undecided

But the guy did not bring the case to court. See?
Re: Man Given 80 Strokes Of Cane For Calling His Sister-in-law A Prostitute by TadM: 6:26am On Apr 17, 2018
the woman should respect that man for not taking it back , it only shows he not a coward. and the woman should stick that into her skull. if he had taken it back that woman would have ton lalasticla, putting every gossip on the front page.
Re: Man Given 80 Strokes Of Cane For Calling His Sister-in-law A Prostitute by Zeromoney(m): 6:29am On Apr 17, 2018
Ngasky:

Thats what you believed in. Sharia is for all not only poor. The reason why rich people escape punishment is the partiality in the judges and sometimes to the appeal courts.
Is it only sharia court that releases billion naira thief with retinue of 300+ SAN lawyers and jail a goat thief 7 years in prison?
Both sharia and penal codes are clear on crimes but it is the people administering the codes that err for personal reasons.
l

I gave my opinion on Sharia law based on the topic. When we get to our conventional laws I will give my opinion too.
Re: Man Given 80 Strokes Of Cane For Calling His Sister-in-law A Prostitute by loomer: 6:30am On Apr 17, 2018
I wonder how many dem go give Lai Muha
Re: Man Given 80 Strokes Of Cane For Calling His Sister-in-law A Prostitute by David160(m): 6:43am On Apr 17, 2018
anowrite:
Shuaibu Umar who called his sister in law, Suwaiba Abdulkadir a prostitute received a judgement of 80 strokes of cane at Sharia court sitting at Magajin Gar, Kaduna state.

Suwaiba who had filed a case of defamation against her brother in-law, told the court that Umar called her a prostitute after a misunderstanding they had.

“Shuaibu is my husband’s younger brother and we had a misunderstanding; we exchanged words and he called me a prostitute.

“I want this honorable court to grant me justice, as what my brother-in-law said about me has tarnished my image,’’ she said.

The defendant, who did not deny calling his sister-in-law a prostitute, added that he spoke in anger and had no regrets.

“I was hurt when she called me a drug addict and a thief; that was why I called her a prostitute and I won’t go back on my words,’’ he said.

The judge, Mallam Dahiru Lawal, ruled that Umar be given 80 lashes of cane after giving him a chance to withdraw his statement, which he refused to do.

“The defendant confirmed calling his sister-in-law a prostitute and is not ready to withdraw the statement; therefore, I, Dahiru Lawal, rule that Shuaibu Umar be given 80 strokes of cane.

https://www.gistrealm.com/man-given-80-strokes-of-came-for-calling-his-sister-in-law-a-prostitute/

Cc lalasticlala mynd44 Dominique
if it were my wife dat did this to my brother I will give her my own 80 lashes at home

1 Like

Re: Man Given 80 Strokes Of Cane For Calling His Sister-in-law A Prostitute by ItsMeAboki(m): 6:45am On Apr 17, 2018
RadicallyBlunt:

How did you know she's not actually promiscuous. Is it because she took to the court first?

Yes, she went to court and apparently successfully challenged the allegation which the defendant also apparently could not prove; hence the judgement against him.
Re: Man Given 80 Strokes Of Cane For Calling His Sister-in-law A Prostitute by ItsMeAboki(m): 6:46am On Apr 17, 2018
prechbills1:

so how did you know she's not a prostitute?

I blame the stupid man for allowing that shít

Quite simple; she went to court and proved her case.

2 Likes

Re: Man Given 80 Strokes Of Cane For Calling His Sister-in-law A Prostitute by Ceejay8: 6:47am On Apr 17, 2018
YOU HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH, BUT FREEDOM AFTER SPEECH IS WHAT I WONT GRANTEE YOU OF.............
Re: Man Given 80 Strokes Of Cane For Calling His Sister-in-law A Prostitute by Adetaiwoo: 6:48am On Apr 17, 2018
Saheed9:
now they would ignore the fact that Islam respects women

That's not respect for women. It's a one sided judgement.
Re: Man Given 80 Strokes Of Cane For Calling His Sister-in-law A Prostitute by Ceejay8: 6:49am On Apr 17, 2018
RadicallyBlunt:

someone can take to court first and still lose the case,
Re: Man Given 80 Strokes Of Cane For Calling His Sister-in-law A Prostitute by Ceejay8: 6:50am On Apr 17, 2018
Women first before men, that's y u will see, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
Re: Man Given 80 Strokes Of Cane For Calling His Sister-in-law A Prostitute by Adebowale89(m): 6:54am On Apr 17, 2018
Saheed9:
now they would ignore the fact that Islam respects women

by marrying them off at tender age? or by marrying them without their consent? a lot needs to be done about your religion as Christian are redressing their religion away from western radical religion tradition but it would be difficult to redress because you people exploit the wrong in it a lots to suit your ignorant

1 Like

Re: Man Given 80 Strokes Of Cane For Calling His Sister-in-law A Prostitute by fuckpro: 7:00am On Apr 17, 2018
ImaIma1:
Serves him right. Guys just call women prostitutes randomly as if that is all they see women as...sex objects.
...then you stop collecting money and gift from men as entitlement for gratification

1 Like

Re: Man Given 80 Strokes Of Cane For Calling His Sister-in-law A Prostitute by ImaIma1(f): 7:01am On Apr 17, 2018
prechbills1:

shut up and read the post again.. the bitch called him a drunk and a thief first undecided

You should learn to address people with some sense. Telling me to shut up is uncalled for. Did i abuse you?

1 Like

Re: Man Given 80 Strokes Of Cane For Calling His Sister-in-law A Prostitute by nagoma(m): 7:07am On Apr 17, 2018
aleeyus:

Have you ever been to the north?
brothels in the north are rare and 90 percent of the prostitutes with Igbos.

You have a problem with comprehension

1 Like

Re: Man Given 80 Strokes Of Cane For Calling His Sister-in-law A Prostitute by danden18: 7:07am On Apr 17, 2018
Jungle court
Re: Man Given 80 Strokes Of Cane For Calling His Sister-in-law A Prostitute by ImaIma1(f): 7:07am On Apr 17, 2018
fuckpro:
...then you stop collecting money and gift from men as entitlement for gratification
q5
Why this narrow minded thinking? Do you know me? Have I collected money from you for "gratification"?

Guys are quick to call every girl a prostitute even if they don't know them

1 Like

Re: Man Given 80 Strokes Of Cane For Calling His Sister-in-law A Prostitute by AlwaysUltraPad: 7:13am On Apr 17, 2018
Promismike:
Why is his brother's wife not flogged for calling him a drug addict and a thief? Is that not a defamation too?

Believed me this sharia court thing is barbaric and shouldn't be welcomed in a same society.
grin grin

Are you idoma by tribe?
Re: Man Given 80 Strokes Of Cane For Calling His Sister-in-law A Prostitute by fuckpro: 7:19am On Apr 17, 2018
ImaIma1:

q5
Why this narrow minded thinking? Do you know me? Have I collected money from you for "gratification"?

Guys are quick to call every girl a prostitute even if they don't know them
...question:have you collect money or gift(s) for gratification or as a preamble to future gratification simple yes or no will suffice
Re: Man Given 80 Strokes Of Cane For Calling His Sister-in-law A Prostitute by oriented247(m): 7:25am On Apr 17, 2018
This is wrong
Re: Man Given 80 Strokes Of Cane For Calling His Sister-in-law A Prostitute by ImaIma1(f): 7:25am On Apr 17, 2018
fuckpro:
...question:have you collect money or gift(s) for gratification or as a preamble to future gratification simple yes or no will suffice

Like my answer can change your preconceived notion.

Why didn't you ask this question before concluding that i collect gifts or however you put it.

You are already set in your ways and i don't have the energy to change that mindset

1 Like

Re: Man Given 80 Strokes Of Cane For Calling His Sister-in-law A Prostitute by fuckpro: 7:36am On Apr 17, 2018
ImaIma1:

Like my answer can change your preconceived notion.

Why didn't you ask this question before concluding that i collect gifts or however you put it.

You are already set in your ways and i don't have the energy to change that mindset
...evasive maneuvering hmmm ok it will be assumed the general trend applies to you just like the accuse shaibu you failed to defend yourself
Re: Man Given 80 Strokes Of Cane For Calling His Sister-in-law A Prostitute by abduljabbar4(m): 7:36am On Apr 17, 2018
Promismike:

You bigots are confused. All the time you keep barking about Islams hatred towards women but now that tthe situation isnt suppirting your islamophobic lies, you are saying a different thing. confused lots
Re: Man Given 80 Strokes Of Cane For Calling His Sister-in-law A Prostitute by ImaIma1(f): 7:40am On Apr 17, 2018
fuckpro:
...evasive maneuvering hmmm ok it will be assumed the general trend applies to you just like the accuse shaibu you failed to defend yourself

Sorry if i refuse to succumb to you as my judge. You can be my prosecutor for all i care...innocent until proven guilty.

N.B.
This reverse psychology is too amateur to work on me.

1 Like

Re: Man Given 80 Strokes Of Cane For Calling His Sister-in-law A Prostitute by godofuck231: 7:43am On Apr 17, 2018
nifemi25:
Do they assign any cane to the lady for calling her brother inlaw a drug addict. If no, then I guess the aboki judge is been partial on this case.

Maybe she's a w#ore after all and the mallam has tasted her abuna, so judgement has gone one sided, you see the thing with women when they commit, the men react and they cry foul for the law to protect them, meanwhile the men are punished and the instigator goes Scott free, this has taken a bad dimension now as more men kill their wives when she threatens litigation or arrest, too many words of war becomes an act of war and woman use words that cause crises, if that man kills his wife tomorrow his in laws wouldn't be shocked, bet me, the hatred has been planted, and injustice raised, it has thought him to become his own, law, jury and executioner.
wise women who know how to hold their marriage ignore and reach out to family members to resolve disputes, but the retired oloshos go to court and ruin themselves, that's the difference.

1 Like

Re: Man Given 80 Strokes Of Cane For Calling His Sister-in-law A Prostitute by godofuck231: 7:49am On Apr 17, 2018
Promismike:

Bro same thing happens in the US here, girls do claim to be sexually abused, but the court proves she sent him texts and messages that she wants him to f#uck her in the butt, and plus other substantial evidences and the guy is released from custody, she herself goes free, it's bee there even in the western judicial system
Re: Man Given 80 Strokes Of Cane For Calling His Sister-in-law A Prostitute by rosita33(f): 7:57am On Apr 17, 2018
this one strong oooo
Re: Man Given 80 Strokes Of Cane For Calling His Sister-in-law A Prostitute by fuckpro: 8:00am On Apr 17, 2018
ImaIma1:

Sorry if i refuse to succumb to you as my judge. You can be my prosecutor for all i care...innocent until proven guilty.

N.B.
This reverse psychology is too amateur to work on me.
...have you gotten your PVC

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? / Happy Mothers Day: Share The Funniest Memory Of Your Mum / My Wife Is Not Romantic. What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.